Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What is your play style?

I'm always curious about how other people play, and I haven't seen a poll quite like this. I myself would have to choose option 8 because I play an ISBI-type challenge with several families.

What is your play style? 294 votes

Create Sims in CAS
4%
Princess_07xScorpina2009frog211Emo-usagi2187Goofhead2elumaeAshtontoAshton22paradiseplanetChatsaGalaxySimsGirlLovelyRose99honeymoon4ts 12 votes
Build
4%
LizzychicagotaydevFlexono1lynxchildInternal_ChaosWiggleyTuffgummybear0724ElainalisalittlesimmerMarshJurnéEndsSimsFinest1 12 votes
Use Simself to explore new content
3%
Bagoas77NivyxAP_PepperpapertongueChelseadude182SvelnekailerjssimpoliceofficerswifeDenimjo 9 votes
Autonomy off -- use Sims like actors in stories or machinima
4%
invisiblgirlalejandro15039Talia17jcp011c2annaliese39catitude5SiliCloneDeKayRubyDoojames64468KirbycatKeks_MilchElenadewynhoa_97 14 votes
Antfarm -- Full autonomy and control Sims as little as possible
5%
mcruddMissSpiffeybulldog773Jennygglilpicallofallenangel66MiguelDiogoIguess66shnailehsimtoriousCherrybug90comicsforlifeEA_Davidmemequeenpart2lucyjupiter 15 votes
Challenges -- micromanage Sims to attain a certain goal
5%
HowGreatThouArtSasquatch7fruitsmisjcs7219MissSassydctf344AkramAsaarlandbabe2EmmaLeighCaityCupcakes10ThePinkBookGirlwx_lixMrsSteepdeneghostpostMuggyQuasarruntmcShadowPhoenix21 17 votes
Rotation -- play 2 or more households in a save
18%
vancanuckfan86Azarinop2JaiSeaxbecky685xmissmani09PlayerSinger2010imhappySimpatsyannWritin_RegIsb917DJNSelanorbretonZenobiaPomponkerryemmiebethluthienrisingslamondaScarbo27goodcakebaker62pixiejuiceemere 55 votes
Some combination of the above
46%
Akl500PGoldmoldaricmnfrshMstybl95GalacticGalLaBlue0314jeepjeepcatIceyJaprilroseSims2fanx0xManderMurduhAlexaiMysticneptune28SikoahGraceTWSimGamer82MrsTomato1018MjstsmPVibsetanakakijoelygirlsims2 137 votes
Other
7%
CK213tams2578TheStarHermitKita5399SamadamsPlayerMi9shaoscarsimgirl1010Bluellekiara07orangehippogriffmintycupcakeadele_katNoree_DoreeBreazonaSimtown15FurSimsOfficialpinneduphairJa_rdeNorthDakotaGamerEvie0602 23 votes

Comments

• SimpkinSimpkin Posts: 7,425 Member
    full autonomy but also micromanage my legacy heirs/heiresses.
    Seasons toggle button in build mode poll. Vote now please! :)
  • LolaLuvsSimsLolaLuvsSims Posts: 1,827 Member
    At times I do the antfarm but mostly I just play. I control the entire family as they just go about their days.
  • RememberJoyRememberJoy Posts: 1,138 Member
    I do a little bit of all of these to keep things interesting.
    If I had to pick the one I do the most I would have to pick challenges, though they're usually ones I make for myself and the rules are pretty loose.
  • MelmackMelmack Posts: 212 Member
    Rotational generations is how I would describe my playstyle. But I get bored and build a lot too.
  • keenowkeenow Posts: 549 Member
    I feel like I do all of these :relaxed:

Create Sims in CAS
    Build
    Use Simself to explore new content
    Antfarm -- Full autonomy and control Sims as little as possible

• LatinaBunnyLatinaBunny Posts: 4,666 Member
    edited October 2018
    I create many Sim families in CAS—so that I can play with them in a rotational game, where I bounce around and play with multiple families.
    ~*~Occult Family Player player~*~
    (She/her)
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,544 Member
    Let me see, now. I create my own Sims in CAS; I use full-autonomy on, mostly so I can concentrate on my 'Target' Sim to achieve the skills for that Sims' future career. I like to play large families and this just makes it a tad easier to manage them. I will employ the Pause button to set up activities for certain Sims to help them achieve, too, not just my Target.

I'm also fond of building the house the family will live in, as mostly the premade houses are too squishy in size for me. I like to be able to zoom the camera in and see what I'm looking at. ;)

I also employ MCCC when needed. I have fun.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,853 Member
    Other
    Mine would come closest to use simself to explore new content except the sim I use is not my simself. I mainly use one sim to complete all game goals.
  • Evalyn326Evalyn326 Posts: 167 Member
    I play a legacy, not the challenge but just for fun. I switch between households sometimes too.
  • ChelleJoChelleJo Posts: 7,087 Member
    I really enjoy making sims in CAS. I'll sometimes spend hours in CAS making sims.

Other times, I'll build. I'm not that great at it. And I'm assuming decorating is part of building? Well, I get lost for hours and hours decorating houses.

And I love playing the game, too. Full Autonomy, I have taken lately to enjoying letting sims do their own thing and see what they get up to.

I really enjoy rotational. Might be my favorite style of play lately.

I enjoy Challenges, as well. I am usually doing some form of a challenge or another (FYI, any Challenge creators out there... we need more rotational challenges, just an FYI).
    p8L4V6v.png
  • Pamtastic72Pamtastic72 Posts: 4,545 Member
    edited October 2018
    I like to build on occasion, I enjoy playing challenges, and sometimes I am an ant farm player and just let my Sims do their thing and then develop my story around the consequences. I also in some saves rotate households. It all kind of just depends on my mood.
  • catitude5catitude5 Posts: 2,537 Member
    Autonomy off -- use Sims like actors in stories or machinima
    I create sims, build, and mostly they are actors in my play.
  • vancanuckfan86vancanuckfan86 Posts: 1,156 Member
    I voted for rotational as that is what I mainly play (95% of the time) - although there is the odd time I build, play legacy style (or challenges) or create Sims - it is very rare.
  • RedDestiny92RedDestiny92 Posts: 7,849 Member
    I like to build and make sims and I've played my simself in rotation which I ended up preferring, I really only turn off free will when I'm trying to get a picture or even when I need to kill a sim a certain way and can't have them running off lol. I have tried some challenges too sometimes I'll do this all at once and keep multiple saves.
    Reddestiny921 on the gallery...still not sure if I capitalized the second d..lol
    All the sims err'day
    PmyCqgA.png
  • Kita5399Kita5399 Posts: 2,112 Member
    Other
    Mine could be considered a combination too I guess. I play only one house at a time, and micromanage everyone in it. I like to play one Sim for each generation. As soon as my chosen heir ages up to ya, I turn aging off and play just that Sim until I feel it’s time to start the next generation.
  • loutredorloutredor Posts: 404 Member
    I like to build, to create sims and their stories, and to micromanage them to attain certain goals, but also sometimes just to play their stories. I also often play several households in a same game save. So I guess a combination of options 1(cas), 2 (build), 4(autonomy off), 6 (challenges) and 7(rotation). Now that I think of it, there are often several sims in my households that I never play and I just let them with full autonomy, especially the kids. So I guess option 5 as well.
  • Flexono1Flexono1 Posts: 326 Member
    Build
    Building is all I really ever do. The only time I enter CaS is to create a sim to run a playtest on my builds. I just cannot enjoy playing families and stories for generations.

I honestly look at some of the threads about legacy challenges and generational/rotational play and just sit dumbfounded about how people can suffer through it xd
  • NorthDakotaGamerNorthDakotaGamer Posts: 2,559 Member
    Other
    Full autonomy, but I micromanage 1 to 2 sims.
  • violaineTviolaineT Posts: 48 Member
    I was guessing before looking the answers that most will be the mixed one
    Maybe the pool format was not a good choice by itself?
  • LovelyRose99LovelyRose99 Posts: 52 Member
    Create Sims in CAS
    im addicted to CAS lol. if I see a minor imperfection on my sim.... I go full CAS mode XD
    HELLO I AM YOUR HOST YANDERE-CHAN WITH EYEPATCH
  • NoTalentNoTalent Posts: 384 Member
    Build and challenges. :)
  • BusufuBusufu Posts: 1,966 Member
    CAS, decorate homes, use Sims as actors for stories (but always with autonomy on) but mostly I just Play the normal gameplay and explore new content.
    Sul Sul!
    On my blog (German) you'll find two completed vampire stories 🦇 and an ongoing ghost story 👻.
    I'm also posting about my I'm surrounded by idi🤪ts! - challenge, in which I've now reached gen 9.
    Thanks for stopping by! 👋
  • BerryCharmingBerryCharming Posts: 38 Member
    I like to play out certain stories and I also tend to micromanage in my game. I also love using my game for pictures.
  • cchant86cchant86 Posts: 221 Member
    Full autonomy but I like challenges and legacies, and when family members move out of the homestead I do a little rotational play to check in on them. But my main focus is on one family, and every generation I pick a “main character” to carry out some challenge.
  • Simtown15Simtown15 Posts: 3,952 Member
    Other
    I just play the average way- playing generations of sims, with autonomy on full, but still controlling them.