Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Get Famous and Fallout 76?

Comments

• DrakosDrakos Posts: 451 Member
    Both
    I'll probably get them both eventually, but not really all the excited for either.
  • EA_CianEA_Cian Posts: 1,359 EA Staff (retired)
    Both
    Both for me! ;)

While I'm here, I did remove the other thread, as I heard there was an accidental double post. :smile:
    ~my hair color is frequently changing, so my Sim reflects that~

Have questions about necroposting? Check out our Necroposting thread.

Bugs/Issues should be posted on Answers HQ, learn more over on Update on The Sims 4 Help Center.
  • thatsnotswegthatsnotsweg Posts: 697 Member
    edited October 2018
    Sims 4 Get Famous
    I've never even played a Fallout game and probably won't play this one unless someone I know gets it and lets me play. I've considered it in the past, but there have always been other games I'd rather play, so I haven't.
    Post edited by thatsnotsweg on
    gallery ID: thatsnotsweg

vYCrjvm.png
  • icmnfrshicmnfrsh Posts: 18,789 Member
    I did play Fallout 4, and I understand that 76 is online multiplayer, which isn't really my thing. If it were single player, I might've gotten it at a later point when my backlog of games is smaller.

Get Famous does seem interesting, but not exactly something I'd need to get right away. So here's hoping for a 50% discount soon. :)
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
  • OEII1001OEII1001 Posts: 3,682 Member
    edited October 2018
    Sims 4 Get Famous
    I don't care for Bethesda's games at all, particularly regarding what they did to Fallout. Turning it into a Rust clone isn't going to rehabilitate my view of the studio. And I've done a bit of a 180 on Get Famous. I wasn't crazy about the idea at first, but the new world and the description of the new fame system that we've has so far has piqued my interest. I will probably get the pack.
  • TrashmagicTrashmagic Posts: 977 Member
    Sims 4 Get Famous
    I usually love the Fallout games but I'm not fond of anything online. Sooo I'll be passing on that and instead build creepy hill houses for my soon to be famous vampire writer.
  • TWSimGamer82TWSimGamer82 Posts: 456 Member
    Both
    I voted for both even though I probably will pick up Get Famous before I get Fallout 76. I'm still doubtful that Fallout 76 will be something I want on launch day. I'm a fan of the Fallout series, but the multiplayer aspect isn't my cup of tea. I'll probably watch people stream it for a bit until I decide whether a think Fallout 76 is worth my time and money. Get Famous will probably not be a day one purchase for me either. I'll probably wait a couple weeks to watch streams of it and decide on it as well. I always have limited funds to spend on games and luxuries so I need to spend my money wisely. RDR2 is definitely a day one purchase for me, though. I've been saving money for a while.
    Sim: "I'm starving!"
    Player: *instructs sim to prepare meal* "Then eat something, you little goofball!"
    Sim: *starts cooking meal*
    -5 seconds later-
    Sim: *Stops cooking meal* "I'm so hungry!"
    Player: *head hits desk*
  • robyngravesrobyngraves Posts: 248 Member
    Sims 4 Get Famous
    I will be getting Get Famous, my husband will be getting Fallout.
  • FelicityFelicity Posts: 4,979 Member
    edited October 2018
    Fallout 76
    Though I'm a bit apprehensive, I'm going to give FO76 a try first, but it's because I'm holding off on playing sims, not a preference for Fallout (though I do love all the other Fallout games so I expect to love this one as well). Knowing Maxis and EA, Get Famous will probably be half off on Black Friday or a couple of weeks before Christmas, so I'm going to hold off on buying it anyway. I'm done paying full price for a pack which goes on sale a couple of weeks later.

But even if I were confident that the price wasn't going to do its usual drop, given that script mods are going to be completely borked, I am going to want to wait for that to get sorted out, if it gets sorted out. Until then, come November 1st, if I'm still playing Sims, I'm taking Origin offline and not turning it back on until the mods I consider are not only updated, but stress tested.

So for me, I'm more happy that there is another game to be playing during the time that Sims 4 is going through some massive changes. Hopefully the new coding will make for a faster, more stable game.
  • So_MoneySo_Money Posts: 2,536 Member
    Sims 4 Get Famous
    Get Famous releases in the shadow of RDR2, so I'll probably wait until Christmas to pick it up.
    edited October 2018
    Sims 4 Get Famous
    So_Money wrote: »
    Get Famous releases in the shadow of RDR2, so I'll probably wait until Christmas to pick it up.

While I am certainly crazy about my Westerns, the original Red Dead Redemption did nothing for me, but I have a strong dislike of open world games. The sequel is not on my list.
  • JestTruJestTru Posts: 1,761 Member
    edited October 2018
    Both
    EA_Cian wrote: »
    Both for me! ;)

While I'm here, I did remove the other thread, as I heard there was an accidental double post. :smile:

Thank you.
    icmnfrsh wrote: »
    I did play Fallout 4, and I understand that 76 is online multiplayer, which isn't really my thing. If it were single player, I might've gotten it at a later point when my backlog of games is smaller.

Get Famous does seem interesting, but not exactly something I'd need to get right away. So here's hoping for a 50% discount soon. :)

Many people are questionable of this aspect. I am slightly reluctant as I'm not a big online multiplayer but my husband is, so I'll play with him. My biggest negative draw back on the game was that I would be highly upset building an amazing base for it to be nuked by other players but I recently read that the new CAMP system allows you to save your build so if this happens you won't have to start from scratch you can just load it back in as the way it was.
    I voted for both even though I probably will pick up Get Famous before I get Fallout 76. I'm still doubtful that Fallout 76 will be something I want on launch day. I'm a fan of the Fallout series, but the multiplayer aspect isn't my cup of tea. I'll probably watch people stream it for a bit until I decide whether a think Fallout 76 is worth my time and money. Get Famous will probably not be a day one purchase for me either. I'll probably wait a couple weeks to watch streams of it and decide on it as well. I always have limited funds to spend on games and luxuries so I need to spend my money wisely. RDR2 is definitely a day one purchase for me, though. I've been saving money for a while.

I had almost forgot that this game is comming out around the same time. So many good games next month. I love RDR but I'll be getting it on console as me and the hubs has decided on Fallout 76 for PC. And I will be getting Get Famous as well just like you not right away, probably a week after release. Not that that's a long wait cuz truth is I don't think I'd be able to wait long.
    I will be getting Get Famous, my husband will be getting Fallout.

That sounds like this household. But hopefully next month I can get a new laptop so the hubs can do his streaming multiplayer thing on the desktop and I can take my sims with me where ever I go.
    Felicity wrote: »
    Though I'm a bit apprehensive, I'm going to give FO76 a try first, but it's because I'm holding off on playing sims, not a preference for Fallout (though I do love all the other Fallout games so I expect to love this one as well). Knowing Maxis and EA, Get Famous will probably be half off on Black Friday or a couple of weeks before Christmas, so I'm going to hold off on buying it anyway. I'm done paying full price for a pack which goes on sale a couple of weeks later.

But even if I were confident that the price wasn't going to do its usual drop, given that script mods are going to be completely borked, I am going to want to wait for that to get sorted out, if it gets sorted out. Until then, come November 1st, if I'm still playing Sims, I'm taking Origin offline and not turning it back on until the mods I consider are not only updated, but stress tested.

So for me, I'm more happy that there is another game to be playing during the time that Sims 4 is going through some massive changes. Hopefully the new coding will make for a faster, more stable game.

I don't prefer one over the other as the games are completely different and I love them both. I didn't even think about Black Friday sales let alone Christmas. Kuddos to you for being able to wait till Christmas if that's the case. But I understand where you're coming from with the price of games. It seems to be getting a bit ridiculous and not just EA.
    WbUrFQm.png
  • So_MoneySo_Money Posts: 2,536 Member
    Sims 4 Get Famous
    OEII1001 wrote: »

While I am certainly crazy about my Westerns, the original Red Dead Redemption did nothing for me, but I have a strong dislike of open world games. The sequel is not on my list.

I'm sure it will still do okay. ;)
  • bixtersbixters Posts: 2,299 Member
    Sims 4 Get Famous
    Probably Get Famous, but I'll be waiting for more reviews to come out, and probably for that sweet 50% of sale at Target :D

As far as Fallout 76, I'm not a fan of multiplayer games, so I'm passing on that. However, just to let everyone know, Fallout 1, 2, 3, 4 and New Vegas are all 50% off on Steam this weekend!!
  • NoTalentNoTalent Posts: 384 Member
    edited October 2018
    Sims 4 Get Famous
    I'll be grabbing Get Famous, and maybe a Stuff Pack I missed during my absence, and Curse of the Vampire Coast. Fallout76 just doesn't tickle my fancy as, what I have seen, it looks like a quickly hashed version of Fallout 4 with online added. It's nothing like what I had in mind for it. It honestly depends on how much money I have spare. Christmas is coming up quite quickly!

Edit: As people have mentioned Red Dead, I won't be getting that until it comes on PC, which is sometime next year! So, no hard choices for me there.
  • icmnfrshicmnfrsh Posts: 18,789 Member
    Wait...other players ruining your stuff in 76? Yeah, hard pass
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
  • DesertSimmer1971DesertSimmer1971 Posts: 498 Member
    Neither. Fallout 76 being online only, was a hard pass for me. Waiting to see if bugs get fixed before investing anymore into Sims 4, so for now, I am playing a new fallout 4 with some quest mods, and waiting for Spyro.
  • QueenMercyQueenMercy Posts: 1,680 Member
    Sims 4 Get Famous
    My wifi can be pretty bad, and honestly I get motion sick from some games.
  • EIisabettaEIisabetta Posts: 5,708 Member
    Sims 4 Get Famous
    Sjofn wrote: »
    EIisabetta wrote: »
    I won't be getting Fallout 76 until they release the ability to play on private servers. Looks interesting, though! So, it will just be Get Famous.

Yeah, I might get Fallout 76 eventually, but having to play on public servers is a big 'yeah no thanks' for me right now.

I love playing co-op survival games, one of my favorites is 7 Days To Die. However ... none of the ones I play force me to play on public servers. They say F76 will eventually get that option. When that happens, I'll be happy to give it a go.
    moxiegraphix on Origin
  • BusufuBusufu Posts: 1,966 Member
    Sims 4 Get Famous
    I only play TS4 :)
    Sul Sul!
    On my blog (German) you'll find two completed vampire stories 🦇 and an ongoing ghost story 👻.
    I'm also posting about my I'm surrounded by idi🤪ts! - challenge, in which I've now reached gen 9.
    Thanks for stopping by! 👋
    Sims 4 Get Famous
    OEII1001 wrote: »

I'm sure it will still do okay. ;)

I neither stated nor implied that it wouldn't.
  • Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    Sims 4 Get Famous
    If you post the same poll on the fallout forums if there is one, Fallout 76 will win. Just choose what you like best and think will give you better and more entertainment down the road.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • catitude5catitude5 Posts: 2,537 Member
    Sims 4 Get Famous
    I never played Fallout, Sims is the only game I play.
  • jcp011c2jcp011c2 Posts: 10,861 Member
    Sims 4 Get Famous
    Get famous of course. I only buy the random game here and there aside from Sims, zoo builders, city builders and Civilization so anything else loses.
    It's kind of sad that I have to point out that anything I say is only just my opinion and may be a different one from someone else.