Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Challenge Blog: Llandros Ultimate Sim Challenge

Comments

• AlHollandiyahAlHollandiyah Posts: 1,121 Member
    SEASON 5 - BRIDGEPORT

What Are These Apartments?

Alright, so I decided to pick an apartment for Amber to live in this time around, because Bridgeport is all about that. And then I was VERY disappointed.... Why are all these apartments just slightly up scaled starter homes? The best one I could find was a 23k furnished one called Veranda Villas. My sim has lived in big mansions for most of the time, and even when I plucked decently priced lots from the lot library they were easily more them double the size of these. I saw the apartment that Llandros moved his Lacey in, and that was a big one with 3 floors. Now I know he downloaded that somewhere and placed it, but if there is room for such a sized apartment, then why can't I find any of those in the game? So this blog I have 2 questions that I would like anyone reading this to help me with!

University

At this point Llandros had his Lacey work on some skill points so she could do her communications degree in 1 term instead of 2. I have thought about that, but I decided against it, because I hope to be able to combine university with the part time grocery store career and have therefore opted to go for two terms and start working on the skills while she is studying. I moved her in to the sorority this time just like Llandros did, because she has to have done it once, and this is her 5th degree. Only 1 university season after this, in which I will probably rent a private house again! I have formed a habit of renting a maid wherever she lives, including the university dorm since season 4, so I did that also. That saves me from the negative moodlet if her roommates leave their mess to rot!

Also, When she reached level 8 of the Jock rank I had 1 final chance to pick a social group trait, so I have been scrolling through the list to find something that would be useful throughout all of the coming seasons, and I decided to pick Gatherer. She still has plenty of collecting to do, and even with plants it will help her a lot! I also hope it will help out when going on world adventures, but if it doesn't it will still be a very good trait for her. Her degree trait is for now still Handy, because I am working on a list of repairs. I haven't decided yet if I am going to change that this season, and if so in to what. I am contemplating picking green thumb in season 6 when I have the final pick, but I don't yet know all of the traits and what they are useful for.

Questions

And then for the 2 questions I mentioned before! I am looking forward to your input!

QUESTION 1: Which apartment should I move her in to? I don't mind moving a family out, or demolishing a building in favor of one from the library, so please give me your tips!

QUESTION 2: Which trait would be very useful for her to have, whether it be for 1 season (from 5 to 6) or for the rest of the challenge? Why that one?

Goals
    • Land a job at the university grocery store
    • Get bitten by a vampire
    • Work on the Communications degree
    • Work on the Photography and Writing skills
    SEASON 5 - BRIDGEPORT

No Job, No Dropping

I've been playing this season for 2 in-game weeks, and unlike my plan I wasn't able to get her to finish the grocery clerk career for the simple reason that she couldn't take a job in the university world. If I had known that I might have tried to find a way to get this degree in 1 week, because the university thing starts getting a bit repetitive to be honest. I have considered dropping out and going for a 1 week term instead but I decided against it in the end. In these 2 weeks I have been working on her photography skills with the podcasts from the tablet, and she has reached level 10 without making any photos! I haven't worked on any of the other many skills of this season and I don't think I will have time for many skill challenges with this many new skills to learn, but that is ok! In later seasons there are very few if any skills to learn, so having some challenges to work on in those will be nice! And finishing all the challenges of a skill in a season isn't in the rules, so thats fine!

Thirsty

In this season she had to become a vampire, so I thought I was smart and placed the red velvet lounge near her sorority house. I thought it would be a breeze to visit the place as it would be sure to lure vampires to hang out in the evening, right? Wrong. There were around 10 sims in it and none of them were a vampire. Eh. Okay. But I did manage to locate one that same evening, somewhere else in the world, and with the transmogrifier app I had no trouble making him a best friend and asking for a bite. Literally! Fast forward a couple of days and we have a Vampire Amber! And as this season is supposed to have a vampire baby I have been checking out all the vampires in town, only to conclude they were a sorry bunch and not up to my standards. Then she met Eddy Mullis. I vaguely recall his name from Llandros lets plays and I decided I liked him. So they became best friends and then I had her offer to bite him. He actually LIKED her for it! I was anticipating a drop in their friendship, so that was a pleasant surprise.

Finding an Apartment

After returning her to Bridgeport and inviting Eddy over I still had the headache of where do I want them to live! Those 1br 1ba apartments that are slightly above starter homes are not nearly acceptable for my 5 star celebrity millionaire sim and her future husband. Still not knowing what to do I took a small sim break (I am also an avid minecraft player) and then I received a very helpful PM from @SemaviLady with tips on how to expand small apartments and make them bigger! Then I started googling for more details and found out you can also make a high rise without using any of the premade shells! I have no ID if I will be able to pull it off, but since this challenge is about trying/doing everything I will have a go for it. Yes I could have them live in a big house in the outskirts of town, but this season is about bridgeport, bridgeport has penthouses, and I like her to live in the middle of where all the activity is. So there is this build challenge written down for me! And if it doesn't work out to my liking then I will go and demolish expand an existing one and use that instead! To be continued....

Goals
    • Build / Extend a high rise apartment to move my sims in to
    • Marry Eddy and get them 2 vampire babies (yes, 2 this season, more on that later)
    • Land Amber her first job of this season
    • Work on the long list of skills for this season
    edited October 2018
    SEASON 5 - BRIDGEPORT

Move!

After checking out a LOT of options, and failing miserably at building my own apartment building, I found a house that I liked to work on! The only problem: It's already occupied.... The Pala mother and her daughter were living in it. So I moved them out and thought to put them in another home. Then I ran in to the same problem that made me consider building in the first place. There is literally no free home with more then 1 bedroom in this town. Like, what?? I know that this NPC mom and her daughter wouldn't care, but I just couldn't do it. So I built a second bedroom on the garage of the Minty Julia house and moved them there, and then I started working on this castle-looking building called Landgraab Brownstone!

Not Quite An Apartment

Okay, I might have been a little, ahem, too enthusiastic expanding their 'apartment'.... I commandeered all three floors of the building AND the garage for their private use. I guess you would rather call it a house with a callbox now. But hey, it does have a hidden room next to the garage, where the water for the swimming pool and hottub are stuffed away. And it has a public room, with a callbox. Aw, who cares. With a 5 star celebrity millionaire I think it is fine for her to just own the whole building anyway!

Grand Makeover

From a single parking lot in a huge dark basement there is now room for 4 cars, and a hidden tucked away area that has all the water of the pool and hottub. On the first floor I made a major chill area with a swimming pool, hottub, lazy chairs, but also a bar and some fitness equipment. It also includes two small bathrooms with a shower to freshen up after working out before jumping in!

On the second floor are 3 sets of a bedroom with a bathroom, 1 for Amber and her future husband, 1 for the butler and 1 for their kids. The big staircase from the front door only leads to the 3rd floor, so in a matter of reverse building I made the kitchen, living room and workroom on the highest level instead of on the lowest. I also placed some spiral staircases from the garage all the way up to the 3rd floor, to be able to reach all the other floors as well!
    Post edited by AlHollandiyah on
    edited October 2018
    SEASON 5 - BRIDGEPORT

Kickstarting Bridgeport

A good start is the best way to get a season in to action! After moving in and getting a butler I wasted no time in getting them married and going for the first of the two planned vampire kids of this season. According to Nraas it is a boy, and this season has F for names! Not sure what I want to call him yet, so ideas are welcome! She also joined the film career, allthough being just married and having a baby soon probably means she won't be going up anywhere soon. But that doesn't matter, it's a start!

Accusations Bite!

Also somewhere during the first day the butler stood before her and accused her of being a vampire. Which of course she is.... And she was slightly offended. So she did what any good vampire would do to someone daring to say such a thing. Even worse, someone that gets paid to take care of her and her house! She offered to bite him, and he took the bait! That should keep him from nagging about it again properly!

Goals
    • Have 2 vampire kids
    • Build some skills
    • Rise in the Film career
    • Start a band with the family
    edited October 2018
    SEASON 5 - BRIDGEPORT

Nearly Drowned Eddy

Ok, I understand the luring effect of having a nice big indoors swimming pool, you can take a plunge summer and winter and its a lot of fun. But can someone please explain to Eddy Mullis, Amber's husband, that if you are so exhausted that your energy bar is red and nearly gone, there is a very simple solution! Waving your arms telling me (the player) how tired you are, while repeatedly going under with your head, is NOT that solution. Getting out of the plum pool and going to bed IS.... Just saying!

The Next Generation

As in this season Amber needs to have a band and finish the Band SE career, and I rather have her form one with household members then random townies, it is a good thing that Eddy is a virtuoso with guitar skills. They also have gotten two little vampire boys, Frederick and Ferdinand, that are also virtuosos. That makes 4. And for a band name? How about "The Vampires". Nobody told me I had to be original, right? I mean, Llandros just stuck with the random band name that the game generated, so my idea isn't that bad, right?

Goals
    • Get to the top of the Movie Careers
    • Get the boys to grow up with the top skill of one instrument
    • Form a band and get to the top of the Band Career
    • Work on some more skills
    SEASON 5 - BRIDGEPORT

Eddy & The Pool?

Before I begin telling you how much progress we made I have a mystery on my hands. It is about Eddy and the pool.... Like I said in my previous blog he kept swimming until he nearly drowned. So I kept an eye on his vitals (okay, I might have cheated a bit with their needs bars at this point, cough cough) and this time he kept swimming until he got the stir crazy moodlet. Dude! The pool has LADDERS. Why doesn't he just go and do something else? Autonomy is on high (except for selected sim), there is nothing stopping you?

Family Dresscode

Then there is the boys, which are by now young adult vampires! I decided to dress Eddy and both sons in the same outfit in every category! Why? Because I can! And when they perform as a band somewhere in the near future they will look smashing without taking the spotlight away from Amber who is in the lead. Because she has her own outfit and they will look like the background choir, except they are the background instrument players! All of them in black and white outfits. I like it a lot!

Goals
    • Get to the top of the movie career
    • Get to the top of the band career
    • Learn the other instruments
    • Work on some skill challenges
    SEASON 5 - BRIDGEPORT

What Is Autonomy Anyway?

Ok, this is seriously starting to ANNOY me. Eddy and both of their sons just stand around all day, doing nothing. I have checked and double checked my settings, but their autonomy is on! I tried resetting and a nr of other tricks, still nothing. Ugh. And the butler disappeared too, but I can't call him because then he tells me he is at work!! I can't dismiss him either. I mean I know you have to interact with them regularly and I have sent both Amber and Eddy by him for some advice many many times. But apparently it was not enough. I think butlers are a pain in the * in this iteration of the game, and probably won't bother hiring one ever after this. At least the maid service does just what it is supposed to do....

The Movies, The Band And The Bars

Last blog I was planning to up the movie career, but I changed my mind. Mostly because all the boys are ready for the band and are just hanging around anyway! If I get the band thing out of the way I don't have to bother much about them anymore. (Mean me.) So I switched. I made a band called The Vampires, and they just had their first gig which was a major success. They are in rank 2 of the SE Band career. They also were written down for their second gig on a thursday, but I think due to the resetting that actually changed in to friday. Which I didn't notice untill I had all of them showing up at the location, only to find 'play gig' being grayed out. But everything goes well, right!? Outside of the band gigs I am touring Amber past the many late night locations in Bridgeport to learn all the mixology receipes, drinking there nearly from opening till closing time, one a day. 4 locations are done, 5 to go! I also have her make each drink she learned about once after she came home to start the counter of the mixology skill challenges.

Goals
    • Learn all the mixology receipes
    • Work on the other mixology skill challenges
    • Get to the top of the band career
    • Work on the other skills for this season
    SEASON 5 - BRIDGEPORT

Autonomous Swimming?

In a last effort attempt to fix the lack of autonomy in Eddy and the boys, I moved the whole family complete with their house into a fresh Bridgeport save. Partial success: They ARE autonomous now. Curious what they are doing with all that autonomy? Swimming. Swimming. Swimming. Diving into the pool. Jumping into the pool. Swimming some more. Ugh. Hey at least they are available when a gig starts! We just played our second gig and our third one is booked 2 days from now. That's 2 down, 13 to go for the gig master challenge. Also, I didn't rehire a butler, but got a maid instead. Nowhere in the challenge rules it said you had to keep the butler all season, it just said 'hire a butler'. I did. It's a pain. I'm done.

Goals
    • Learn the mixology receipes in the remaining locations
    • Get 13 more gigs for the gig master challenge
    • Reach the top of the band career
    • Learn the other instuments
    edited October 2018
    SEASON 5 - BRIDGEPORT

Now Something Happens

I seem to be getting on a track. We have had about 7 gigs, and an 8 planned for in 2 days. As soon as I have the necessary 15 for the Gig Master Challenge I will stop doing them immediately and get the rest of the money in the subway, as I find it a pain to get gigs and then wait for days before I can actually do them.... She is also now halfway with the band career, but I don't expect any problems getting that to the top with the subway being OP! I also managed to get ALL of the mixology challenges, and that without any moonlighting. I had Amber recreate every learned receipe as soon as she got home, thenI made her manage the bar in their house serving her own family drink after drink untill they had had 60. And then I just made a whole batch of general drinks untill I reached the last star! Now thats done!

Goals
    • Finish the Band career
    • Finish the Gig Master Challenge
    • Finish the challenges for the bass / drums / piano
    • Get the two film careers done
    SEASON 5 - BRIDGEPORT

Getting The Gigs

.... is a pain. Sorry to have to say it. I am not the type of player to keep waiting besides 4 phones in the hopes that someone will hire them, when there are so many posts with the general line of after x weeks/months in game my sims still didn't have any / more then 1 gigs. So I used Nraas Master Controller to force an opportunity. And what do you know, every time you do that it plans one TWO days ahead of now. Forget the time and force it after midnight and make that a three. I want to work NOW! But after a lot of frustration she managed to get 12 of the 15 needed for the Gig Master challenge. And by playing for tips in the subway on all of her off-days she has already reached level 10 of the career. So after having the 15th gig it's time to move on!

Goals
    • Finish the Gig Master Challenge
    • Reach the top of both Movie careers
    • Finish the Bass, Drums & Piano challenges
    • Move out of this annoying lag-city of Bridgeport
    edited October 2018
    SEASON 5 - BRIDGEPORT

Moving Alone

The requirement for the Gig Master challenge says you need to have done 15 gigs, but it took 16 to register. But, at least that is in the pocket. So now Amber has moved on her own to a smaller house! I took Crescent Bay Pied a Terre and used the restrict cheat to extend that corner apartment to cover the whole floor! I moved the elevator a bit to the back and placed a second, and I made a nice 6 room apartment on the floor. One room is still empty, pending whatever use I find for it at that time! The center room with the elevators is public, and the O hallway around it is behind her front door.

Goals
    • Reach the top of both Movie careers
    • Finish the Bass challenges
    • Finish the Drums challenges
    • Finish the Piano challenges
    edited October 2018
    SEASON 5 - BRIDGEPORT

Where Are The Stars?

I have managed to get Amber to the top of both movie careers without much trouble, and I finally managed to get the parttime grocery store career done without errors! I also finished 2 out of 3 challenges for all three instruments. But the 3 star challenges are as elusive as an eel in a bucket of slime (literal translation of a dutch saying). I just can't seem to figure out what events / opportunities / activities will count towards the 10 needed for that challenge. Also my skill journal doesn't seem to show anywhere how many I've had.

Anybody that knows what I need to do for these? Please help a player out!!!! Thank you very much!

Goals
    • Get the Bass Star challenge
    • Get the Drum Star challenge
    • Get the Piano Star challenge
    • Wrap up the season
    edited February 2019
    SEASON 5 - BRIDGEPORT

The End of the Season

This is an official announcement that Season 5 has come to an end, and this is what she managed to do this season:
    • Degree: Communications
    • Skill: Bass
    • Skill: Drums
    • Skill: Mixology
    • Skill: Photography
    • Skill: Piano
    • Skill: Writing
    • Career: Film - Acting (FT)
    • Career: Film - Directing (FT)
    • Career: Band (SE)
    • Father: Eddy Mullis (Vampire) from University
    • Offspring: Frederick Mullis (Vampire)
    • Offspring: Ferdinand Mullis (Vampire)

The next post will be the start of season 6!
    edited November 2018
    991bbrr.png

SEASON 6 - HIDDEN SPRINGS

University
    • Degree: Science and Medicine
    • Influence: Rebel
    • Influence: Nerd
    • Influence: Jock

Careers
    • Fulltime: Medical
    • Fulltime: Sports Agent
    • Parttime: Spa - Specialist

Skills
    • Primary: Fishing
    • Primary: Gardening
    • Primary: Science
    • Hidden: Fairy Magic

Activities
    • Occult: Fairy
    • Offspring: Fairy Baby

Moving In

This time I didn't really bother looking for a nice house as I know I will be moving her into a fresh save after going to college and possible traveling, to minimize the save size and amount of lag and errors. So I choose a little cabin in the woods, close to the towns edge, and I moved her into the university world. Due to all our previous achievements I got a full 2400 score and therefore I will be able to get this last degree in one week. Which I don't really mind, because it's getting a bit repetetive.... Once arrived I had my eyes on a cute little home that I tried to buy last time, only to find out I couldn't move house in the university world. But it was not available, so I just picked the dorm next to all of the science locations just like Llandros did.

Getting Wings

I had once spotted a Bottled Blessing of the Fae when I visited Aleisters, and knowing that Amber had to be a fairy in a near season I already bought it and kept it in one of the chests all the time. So I had her use it right after arriving at the university, and bought a fairy castle for in her inventory. I am not really expecting to do anything in the dorm, because like a winged snail she is literally carrying a home with her. And a very beautiful one at that.

Goals
    • Get the last degree with an A grade
    • Start working on some skills related to this degree
    • Max Amber's Hidden Fairy skill
    • Find Amber a Fairy Husband
    edited October 2018

One And One Is Still Just One

After a week of classes Amber has gotten a 6th degree with an A grade, and therefore the chapter of university is closed for this challenge. She also had a boyfriend by the end of the week, so you would think one and one is two sims in Hidden Springs, but nooo. I have tried 3 times, but the game wouldn't let both of them move out of the university world. They would both generate script errors and I would end up with a household with zero sim portrets. Good thing saver makes a backup every 4 in game hours, which allowed me to reload the game 3 times after the error. And after the third error I decided to let him go and return home alone. Lets say it happens....

Also over the course of a week Amber ended up getting a level 10 Fairy and a Queen of the Fae. By listening to tabcast during several activities she also managed to reach level 10 in the gardening and level 7 fishing. She has also gotten level 2 science by class activities after the course, and so that covers (partially) 4 out of 5 skills for this season. The fishing skill is in the pocket and is just a question of time, as is reading all of the bait books from the multiple countries. I also decided NOT doing any skill challenges for gardening and fishing, because both will be self employed careers in a later season, so I'm going to leave them for those seasons.

Goals
    • Find a husband in Hidden Springs
    • Get a fairy baby
    • Finish the fishing skill
    • Start the medical career

Not Found

In a funny twist of events I discovered that Hidden Springs actually has a single male sim that is used on thesims3's error page once every while. I thought that was very funny, and therefore a very suitable 'replacement' for the sim that I lost in script errors. So I present to you all, Amber's new husband Liam O'Dourke! On a side note, and as her lost boyfriend was a fairy and I don't feel like stalking Aleisters for another elixir day after day I felt entitled to add the fairy status to him by Nraas, therefore guaranteeing that their offspring will be fairies too! Cheats! But I'm very ok with using them in this case! I moved her in to Abundant Luxury, the same blue house that Llandros put Lacey in, but not before I upgraded the interior and emptied out the large room with a foosball table in favor of placing her skill objects and chests! Oh, and before I move on to the goals section of my blog, I will need boy names with a G that match the fairy theme and Liams surname!

Goals
    • Raise a fairy child
    • Start the first career
    • Max out the the science skill
    • Work on the science skill challenges
    edited October 2018

Double Trouble

After getting Amber her fertility reward trait she wasted no time, and the first pregnancy thereafter ended in a pair of (fairy) twins, Gary & Gwen O'Dourke! As always I have been more focused with Amber as she is my ultimate sim, so other then their births I haven't got much to tell about them. Amber, on the other side, has finished maxing out the science skill and has also analyzed 100 items from her collectible collection for the first science skill challenge star! Besides that she applied for her first job, and on a random note I decided to start her on the Sport Agent one. Mostly because I am not really that interested in it, and want it off my list. Oh whoops, I'm a bit too honest here!

Goals
    • Finish the Sport Agent career
    • Finish the other 2 careers
    • Collect a whole bunch of insects to experiment on
    • Achieve the 2nd science skill challenge with those insects

Is There A Doctor Nearby?

And then things suddenly go very fast! In rapid succession Amber managed to finish both the sports agent and the spa specialist career. She has also been doing experiments on fireflies in her free time, and due to the fact that for a level 10 scientist, the experiments are successful most of the time, she didn't have to go looking for other insects then the ones she already had. The couple of times I nearly ran out due to selling the plasma bugs, I just cloned some fireflies and continued. So the second science challenge has also been finished. I have moved her once again to a fresh save, and this time I moved her in to the Lemon Chateau. I picked it because it is almost across the street from the Hospital, and her last career in this town is the medical one! I am expecting to finish this season tonight, and that excites me because I am really looking forward to working with animals in season 7!

Goals
    • Finish the medical career
    • Wander around the town aimlessly
    • Give Amber a potent cure to ditch the fairy wings
    • Pack up for the next season
    edited February 2019

The End of the Season

This is an official announcement that Season 6 has come to an end, and this is what she managed to do this season:
    • Degree: Science and Medicine
    • Skill: Fairy Magic (H)
    • Skill: Fishing, Gardening
    • Skill: Science
    • Career: Medical (FT)
    • Career: Sports Agent (FT)
    • Career: Spa - Specialist (PT)
    • Father: Liam O'Dourke (Fairy) from Hidden Springs
    • Offspring: Gary O'Dourke (Fairy, Twin)
    • Offspring: Gwen O'Dourke (Fairy, Twin)

The next post will be the start of season 7!
    edited November 2018
    IHGtwkq.png

SEASON 7 - APPALOOSA PLAINS

University
    • Influence: Rebel
    • Influence: Nerd
    • Influence: Jock

Careers
    • Fulltime: Cemetery Worker
    • Self Employes: Horseman

Skills
    • Primary: Riding

Activities
    • Activity: Train and breed a Cat
    • Activity: Train and breed a Dog
    • Activity: Train and breed a Horse
    • Occult: Human
    • Occult: Adopt Unicorn
    • Offspring: Free Choice

Preparing A Home

Before moving Amber in I have been scouting the town for possible homes, being torn between two! One of them has all the amenities needed to keep horses, the other has a very nice location. I choose Park Palace for now, because I will start with the dogs and the cats. I did some renovations, one bedroom is now empty pending later use, the connected tiny bathroom turned into a laundry room. The kids bedroom is now a semi en suite for the downstairs bedroom. In the kitchen I moved the island counters to the side with a bar in between, and made the general counter a bit larger with a corner. I generally upgraded the furniture to better quality, and last but not least, bought the necessary stuff for both cats and dogs. And a beehive. Just to keep in theme!

Double Scientific Trouble

This season has a free choice of offspring. If I take in to account that I want to focus mainly on pets, and keep the household space open for them, as well as that Amber received two vials of her own DNA with the science skill in season 6, the choice was fairly easy. She will use a sample of those to get a baby clone of herself, and due to not needing a father for said clone she will also not find a husband this season. I know Llandros has said in his videos that your sim needs a spouse in every season, but I can't find that back in the rules. They just mention offspring. In the 4th season where Amber adopted she didn't have one either, and to be quite honest, I liked that a lot. As I said earlier, I like to focus on Amber herself because that's what this whole challenge is about. Creating an ultimate sim takes a lot more concentration then just running a general family, and that shifts the focus!

My First Pets

No, no, this is not about that useless stuff-pack-for-a-stuff-pack that they thought we really wanted for TS4. No. This season is about pets. Llandros has put in the rules that you need to train 1 cat and 1 dog. However, as I added to the rules that I have to have a litter, and I like maximum control of the type of offspring (Does it show in my blogs? Lol!) I will be training 2 dogs and 2 cats. A male and a female of each, who will then breed. As I don't have any wish to see fights on my lot I will take 2 dogs first, and then when they had their litter they will go up for adoption and I will repeat the process with cats. I have made two poodles, a small male looking like the dog I had as a kid, and a large female. This also solves the dilemma of what size of dogs to pick in one handy go! And I am very curious what they will reproduce to!

Goals
    • Move Amber in to her new house
    • Use the DNA to Clone Amber
    • Move in the 2 dogs
    • Start the Cemetary Worker career
    edited October 2018

Dogging Around Town

Amber has been busy, finishing the Cemetary career but mainly focusing on her two dogs! She has taught them all the tricks they can learn, and they both have their hunting skill on level 10. Also they had a puppy shortly after they moved in. I am also working on getting at least one of them to have all the hunting challenges, I am not sure yet if I will have them both get it because it is 3 times 50 objects. I am probably going to put the female up for adoption and focus on the male dog. That way I also clear up space in the household for 2 cats and their litter(s).

Goals
    • Have 1 of the dogs finish the Hunter Skill challenges
    • Collect the Pet Reward Objects
    • Adopt two cats and breed them
    • Teach the cats the hunting skill

The Hunt Is On

Okay, seriously. These hunting challenges take F O R E V E R. He (the male dog) has to find 50 gems, 50 metals and 50 space rocks. And after a couple of finds when I have him 'locate type' it says he found nothing of the sort. And when I tell him to 'go find type' he brings home useless parts of random objects most of the time. Okay, you could assemble them and earn some simoleons, and thats all nice and stuff, but that doesn't help me getting the hunting challenges done. After hunting for what felt like ages (and adding some dig sites to my backyard with buydebug, should I now flee?) he finally managed to get the gems and metals, however those space rocks remain a pain in the plum! But I will keep on working until he has them, and then I will move on to the cats! I already moved out the female dog because having them both get the challenges was unworkable! I also haven't started the horseman career because I am planning to do that AFTER finishing with the dogs and the cats!

Goals
    • Have the dog finish the 'Find Rocks' hunting challenge
    • Adopt and breed 2 cats, and have the kittens adopted out
    • Train 1 cat as a hunter including any skill challenges they might have
    • Collect enough points to buy the pet lifetime reward objects
  • SemaviLadySemaviLady Posts: 526 Member
    I've got a hunter cat in my game (I'm not yet playing this challenge). The cat has a wish to catch a turtle and has caught everything else it has wished for in the past four 4 sim weeks (Dragon Valley: I'm rotating between three families). I've decided to place some spawners so I can get this wish completed. The cat has caught fish near the default fishing hole spawners and small birds near bird spawners - alternating between 'stalk for prey' and 'hunting' for something specific. I imagine placing more gem spawners will help with the challenge. I tend to scatter extra spawners when I'm working on a sim with a particular goal - if the default spawner population proves much too dry. Cat is already a Master Hunter but hasn't completed all the in-game challenges for cats.
    Cheerleader_by_CookiemagiK.gifI've owned the TS3 Store since Feb 2015-thanks to the help of many other simmers
    ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ ☆★☆ My Page ☆★☆-♞- TS3❣