Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Willingly Writing Reading Circle (On Hiatus)

Comments

• AdamsEve1231AdamsEve1231 Posts: 7,035 Member
    Karilan wrote: »
    @AdamsEve1231

Saturday question:

I'm not really sure I get the question?

Sorry if I wasn't clear.

If you were to pick real life actors/actresses to play the characters of Neighbourhood Talk, who would you cast?

@candycottonchu
    Okay I'm going to give this a try! I'm using your character sheet photos for comparison, but could only thing of a few of the girls.

Linda West / Bryce Dallas Howard
    05.11.17_19-31-57.pngBryce%20Dallas%20Howard%2003.jpg?m=1293026160

Mae West / Karen Gillian
    05.11.17_19-34-27.pngKaren-Gillian-Jumanji-Interview.jpg

Diana Foster / Ginnfer Goodwin
    05.11.17_21-28-13.pngGinnifer+Goodwin+Premiere+Spider+Man+3+2007+DJE765PzeCil.jpg

Mariella Schnautz / Jodelle Ferland
    05.11.17_23-15-14.pngMV5BMjAyMTAzNzI2OV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwNDgwMjAzMQ@@._V1_.jpg

I was totally thinking Bryce Dallas Howard for Linda, and I like the choice of Karen Gillian as Mae, and Jodelle Ferland is a perfect choice for Mariella. :)
    With these forums closing down, stay connected.

Find me elsewhere:
    My EA App ID: livinasimminlife
    Livin' A Simmin' Life Stories
    My Worldbuilding Blog
    Simblr
    My Sims Pinterest
    Maladi777 wrote: »
    All the World's a Stage Saturday: If you had to do the casting call were selecting real life actors/actresses for the characters in Neighbourhood Talk for a live action movie, who would you cast?
    I'm really not good at this. I couldn't work in movie casting let me tell you. I also noticed how different is everyone's perception of faces. I'm sure it must have happened to each of you - a friend points to a person a says, "Doesn't she remind you of our mutual friend/actor/insert any option?" You look at the person and you think No. Not one bit.
    Anyway, I tried to google a bit and found this picture. I can't put a name to that face, sorry, but she probably looks as close to my perception of Mae as possible.
    redhead.jpg

She is gorgeous! Whomever she is. :)

Find me elsewhere:
    My Worldbuilding Blog
    Simblr
    My Sims Pinterest
  • ShadamiShadami Posts: 4,353 Member
    I don't know who any of those people are xD I'd have to look them up.
    As for who I would cast for my characters. Oh goodness... I would probably need to take until my actual turn to figure it out because I just don't know actors and would have to do some research.

Maybe I'll have that as a question . "Who do you think would be a good actor/actress to play my characters?" XD
  • candycottonchucandycottonchu Posts: 906 Member
    @Karilan thanks for catching up with my story! I hope you enjoyed it. Now that you caught up, would you mind answering if your feelings towards any characters have changed, again? I'm really interested in that.

That actress you picked as a model for your main character, is a cute one! I think you matched them well. And omg, I love monsters and men <3
    They have so many hauntingly beautiful songs. My all time favourites will be "Thousand eyes" and "Sloom", but honestly I love almost all of their songs.
    I also like your picks for my sims, and especially the one for Mariella! That girl looks sassy :D

To your questions/replies:
    I love the quote you picked! That one seems to have left a deep impression on anyone xD

How did you decide on the character's personal styles?
    I am very picky about what my characters wear! xD I can spent hours cc shopping and in CAS to give them just the perfect outfit. When I create a character or give a premade an update, I think what are their characters, and how it would reflect in the way they dress. Linda is very classy, because it is a respectable style that fits in all occasions, and doesn't need much upgrade to fashion. She might also be influenced by her mother's and grandmother's style, which also was very classy. Her main dress colors are mint, light blue, navy and teal, though I don't always follow that.
    Mae on the other hand loves to experiment, is playful and loves pink. Therefore her outfits have brighter colors and more accessories. Herbert, being a coach/teacher wouldn't really wear jeans! And who could imagine Frank without a checked flannel? (Okay, he did take it off once xD He looks great in plain white T-shirt too!)

@Piazzagirl1015

5) As I know my characters, there's only one way this can happen. Messy! But there's ofc a lot of additional coincidences that could happen. You can prepare for a roller coaster ride c:
    6) I love your choice of the quote! xD Al gives great advice ;)

And really, you did a great job modelling those sims after the actors! The similarity is striking!

@Maladi777
    To your replies:

2) Linda and Frank really have a great friendship! :D Tho I always encourage everyone to ship them, I'm happy someone sees the value of their platonic one. Who knows, maybe a relationship wouldn't ruin it? :P
    Al and Franco have a special connection, too. It doesn't strike one as a close one bc of their bickering and constant making fun of each other, but they really care for each other.

4) Lol! Al and Mae wouldn't work for a similar reason, as Friana doesn't. To Al, Mae wouldn't be anyhting else than Franco's "Paris chick", and to Mae, Al might be "one of Linda's terrible mistakes"! I can think of quite a few unlikely couples that could work better than Friana or Alemae. Al + Linda back together. Franco + Linda. Diana + Al (don't hit me, ok). And ofc my all time fave, Al + Franco <3 They're eye candy!
    I also really liked Al + Nancy! They were short, but fun together!
    Also there's new characters coming up, I mentioned already Charlotte (she'll be back in season2!), and Deep Rift's new drummer add on, Ben. A lot can still happen!

6) Classic Al! :D

To your picks:
    now there's three different picks for Mae, and each of them looks unique! I like yours bc she looks so innocent c:
    I'm a little surprised to see your pick for Tony. I did imagine him different! But I can see how it still works. Celeste and Chris are perfect picks, tho, I couldn't think of any better :D

@Shadami you should totally ask that xD It's a great challenge to pick actors for existing sims. The only one I am really content with, is Chris Hemsworth for Frank :joy:
  • friendsfan367friendsfan367 Posts: 29,362 Member
    @Karilan thanks for catching up with my story! I hope you enjoyed it. Now that you caught up, would you mind answering if your feelings towards any characters have changed, again? I'm really interested in that.

That actress you picked as a model for your main character, is a cute one! I think you matched them well. And omg, I love monsters and men <3
    They have so many hauntingly beautiful songs. My all time favourites will be "Thousand eyes" and "Sloom", but honestly I love almost all of their songs.
    I also like your picks for my sims, and especially the one for Mariella! That girl looks sassy :D

I love the quote you picked! That one seems to have left a deep impression on anyone xD

I am very picky about what my characters wear! xD I can spent hours cc shopping and in CAS to give them just the perfect outfit. When I create a character or give a premade an update, I think what are their characters, and how it would reflect in the way they dress. Linda is very classy, because it is a respectable style that fits in all occasions, and doesn't need much upgrade to fashion. She might also be influenced by her mother's and grandmother's style, which also was very classy. Her main dress colors are mint, light blue, navy and teal, though I don't always follow that.
    Mae on the other hand loves to experiment, is playful and loves pink. Therefore her outfits have brighter colors and more accessories. Herbert, being a coach/teacher wouldn't really wear jeans! And who could imagine Frank without a checked flannel? (Okay, he did take it off once xD He looks great in plain white T-shirt too!)

@Piazzagirl1015

5) As I know my characters, there's only one way this can happen. Messy! But there's ofc a lot of additional coincidences that could happen. You can prepare for a roller coaster ride c:
    6) I love your choice of the quote! xD Al gives great advice ;)

And really, you did a great job modelling those sims after the actors! The similarity is striking!

@Maladi777
    To your replies:

2) Linda and Frank really have a great friendship! :D Tho I always encourage everyone to ship them, I'm happy someone sees the value of their platonic one. Who knows, maybe a relationship wouldn't ruin it? :P
    Al and Franco have a special connection, too. It doesn't strike one as a close one bc of their bickering and constant making fun of each other, but they really care for each other.

4) Lol! Al and Mae wouldn't work for a similar reason, as Friana doesn't. To Al, Mae wouldn't be anyhting else than Franco's "Paris chick", and to Mae, Al might be "one of Linda's terrible mistakes"! I can think of quite a few unlikely couples that could work better than Friana or Alemae. Al + Linda back together. Franco + Linda. Diana + Al (don't hit me, ok). And ofc my all time fave, Al + Franco <3 They're eye candy!
    I also really liked Al + Nancy! They were short, but fun together!
    Also there's new characters coming up, I mentioned already Charlotte (she'll be back in season2!), and Deep Rift's new drummer add on, Ben. A lot can still happen!

6) Classic Al! :D

To your picks:
    now there's three different picks for Mae, and each of them looks unique! I like yours bc she looks so innocent c:
    I'm a little surprised to see your pick for Tony. I did imagine him different! But I can see how it still works. Celeste and Chris are perfect picks, tho, I couldn't think of any better :D

@Shadami you should totally ask that xD It's a great challenge to pick actors for existing sims. The only one I am really content with, is Chris Hemsworth for Frank :joy:

i thought i recognized chris hensworth. no i never gotin to the show but someone i know in the forums did, can't remeber who.
  • KarilanKarilan Posts: 2,935 Member

@candycottonchu Happy to answer more questions! Glad to find another Monsters and Men fan, they make such beautiful music <3

Opinion changes on characters:
    Linda: My opinion didn't change much because I always had a lot of respect for her as an independent character. She valued herself more by the end but it wasn't as if she had NO respect for herself at the start. I think sometimes she prioritized having someone of her own, even if it was secret, over being alone. She still has some growing to do.

Rosa: To be honest, Rosa didn't seem like a very serious character at the start. Even though she was difficult to deal with, I can appreciate her paranoia and protectiveness over her man even to the end. I would have been curious to see her reaction if he had been honest with her. If anything, it would probably put her fears to rest about every woman that crossed his path.

Mae: I imagine a lot of people's opinions changed about her. :( I don't have a lot of respect for the way she left, even if it made sense. There were better ways to leave and she really should have talked to her family first.

Thanks for answering about their styles! It really is so cool because it gives a lot of insight about the character to see how they present themselves to the world.
    D2vFwMN.jpg
    My hubby causes chaos in How To Live With Grace - - Pine Point tells Miranda Cole's survival tale - - Criminals build legacies in Glassbolt Prison
    @Karilan thank you for replying!
    I like that you can symphatize with Rosa. Her story is not over, so I cannot really answer your curiousity yet, sorry!

It really looks @AdamsEve1231 is actually the only one that can still somehow symphatize with Mae :D and you're completely right, her way of leaving was the worst.

@everyone that's caught up and interested, here's another update!
    tumblr_inline_pgyo40COmS1qhz9r8_540.png
    3.4. Francesco De la Cruz - Battle plan
    I like that you can symphatize with Rosa. Her story is not over, so I cannot really answer your curiousity yet, sorry!

It really looks @AdamsEve1231 is actually the only one that can still somehow symphatize with Mae :D and you're completely right, her way of leaving was the worst.

oh don't mistake my lack of participation as not intrested . i am i just can't read without getting eye strain it doesn't look good for the eye place next week either. i'm kind of frustrated that i can't read because last years reason was better. dad died. so now that i'm trying it upsets me.

@candycottonchu
    I can understand her desire to be happy, to want to love the person she is with, and to be true to herself. However, that doesn't excuse her behavior. In my opinion, she married on a whim, without any real thought to her future, their future, Marie's future. She seemed to be more of a friend and buddy to Marie than a mother figure. I get why she left, but she could've chosen another way. She should've been honest with Herbert from the start. She should've been honest with herself.

And now she's running away. If Herbert truly loves her, he will understand that she isn't happy and doesn't want kids. They might even be able to part on amicable terms, with Mae still being in Mariella's life but able to pursue her interests and to be true to who she is. I don't respect her because she was horrendously selfish, but I do understand. She's lost herself, and when you're lost, you don't think straight and you're scared and you make stupid choices. I actually think the time away will be good for her and give her some perspective. I just wish she had chosen different means of leaving.

All this to say you've written great characters for all of your readers to feel passionate about their decisions and actions and personalities.

Find me elsewhere:
    My Worldbuilding Blog
    Simblr
    My Sims Pinterest

@candycottonchu
    I can understand her desire to be happy, to want to love the person she is with, and to be true to herself. However, that doesn't excuse her behavior. In my opinion, she married on a whim, without any real thought to her future, their future, Marie's future. She seemed to be more of a friend and buddy to Marie than a mother figure. I get why she left, but she could've chosen another way. She should've been honest with Herbert from the start. She should've been honest with herself.

And now she's running away. If Herbert truly loves her, he will understand that she isn't happy and doesn't want kids. They might even be able to part on amicable terms, with Mae still being in Mariella's life but able to pursue her interests and to be true to who she is. I don't respect her because she was horrendously selfish, but I do understand. She's lost herself, and when you're lost, you don't think straight and you're scared and you make stupid choices. I actually think the time away will be good for her and give her some perspective. I just wish she had chosen different means of leaving.

All this to say you've written great characters for all of your readers to feel passionate about their decisions and actions and personalities.

thank you a and e. i think thats what i was trying to say ealier. i love the chracters but it came out whiny. cause i'm missing so much.

oh don't mistake my lack of participation as not intrested . i am i just can't read without getting eye strain it doesn't look good for the eye place next week either. i'm kind of frustrated that i can't read because last years reason was better. dad died. so now that i'm trying it upsets me.
    i understand. my glasses halves are currently glued together so that I can at least walk around. and... other stuff.
    Shadami wrote: »

i understand. my glasses halves are currently glued together so that I can at least walk around. and... other stuff.

yeah you cheered me up. i pictured that scene in harry potter where hermione fixed harrys glasses.
    Glad to help friends ^^
    @friendsfan367 don't worry. It can take a while until glasses are done. I'm sorry you have a hard time seeing until then.

@AdamsEve1231 thank you very much for your honest oppinion. I think it's nice of you to try and understand her, despite her irresponsibility. Her only excuse is her young age and naivety.

@Shadami oh that sucks with your glasses! I hope your check up went well at least, and is your stomach infection gone?
    @friendsfan367 don't worry. It can take a while until glasses are done. I'm sorry you have a hard time seeing until then.

@AdamsEve1231 thank you very much for your honest oppinion. I think it's nice of you to try and understand her, despite her irresponsibility. Her only excuse is her young age and naivety.

@Shadami oh that sucks with your glasses! I hope your check up went well at least, and is your stomach infection gone?
    edited October 2018
    I'm thinking Christina Hendricks for Linda. Isla Fischer for Mae. Emilia Clarke for Diana. Ashton Kutcher for Frank. Christina Aguilera for Rosa. Still debating about other characters. :) I'd post pictures but alas! On the phone and off to work.

Find me elsewhere:
    My Worldbuilding Blog
    Simblr
    My Sims Pinterest
    The lumps the doctor felt we're not on the utlrasound so they didn't even bother with a mammogram.
    Nausea has settled down. But That's about the only thing That's changed xD zero got diagnosed.
    Monday Madness Questions for the readers:

in your opinion, what was one of the craziest moments in Neighbourhood Talk? The hardest cliffhanger to swallow? The biggest reveal? Your most disliked character?

Monday Madness Questions for the writer:
    If there was one crazy thing you wished you could've included in the plot, what would it be? Is there are character you dislike?

Find me elsewhere:
    My Worldbuilding Blog
    Simblr
    My Sims Pinterest

@Shadami oh that plum with your glasses! I hope your check up went well at least, and is your stomach infection gone?

its harder when their not even ordered yet. mom and i did the eye appoinment because that had a certain time limit. but now shes busy with other stuff so getting to the frame place is taking a while. were just going to look at frames were ordering online
    @friendsfan367 you're on a roll, posting a lot of chapters lately. :)

Find me elsewhere:
    My Worldbuilding Blog
    Simblr
    My Sims Pinterest
    @friendsfan367 you're on a roll, posting a lot of chapters lately. :)

well i can't read but i cheer myself up by writing. willingy. lol