Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Well, That's Life!

SimFan298SimFan298 Posts: 1,079 Member
Who remembers The Sims: That's Life by X Media Publishing? The so-called "Ultimate Tool for The Sims?" The one that took a bunch of custom content from modders and sold it off without asking?
Origin ID: theAidster21

The Sims has always been an important part of my life, and may it continue to be so! Long live Sims!

[Due to some kind of glitch, I am unable to insert photos into my signature for some reason.]

Comments

• canitbemancanitbeman Posts: 396 Member
  • igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    edited October 2015
    There is at least one rip-off pay site that still does this for TS2, 3, and 4 content and mods. A monthly subscription fee is involved.
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • hellojewbyhellojewby Posts: 1,316 Member
    I'd never heard of it until LGR talked about it. Really glad I never ran across it back then cause I would have bought it.
    let's be friends on origin: hello0jewby
    *Team Seasons*
    XtR6m6.png
  • DrewRowlandDrewRowland Posts: 2,057 Member
    I had heard about it when it was new, but then I forgot about it until LGR talked about it. :D
  • duhboy2u2duhboy2u2 Posts: 3,290 Member
    How interesting. I guess I never found out about that one. But then, Back when TS1 launched I didn't do the internet much so all my games came straight from Aspyr Media (which was the only place back then, or at least the first, to port the sims to Mac)
    Loving yourself is the most simple and complicated thing you can do for you.
  • Gaming_BrosGaming_Bros Posts: 36 Member
    Could not stand that game lol
    11ec45537fda2321d675e48f44117110.png
    Weekly The Sims 3 & 4 Let's Play videos on our YouTube channel. Check us out below & subscribe!

Let's Play The Sims 3 Generations: https://youtu.be/dz0qD2jk4Y0
    Let's Play The Sims 3 University: https://youtu.be/dz0qD2jk4Y0
    Facebook: https://facebook.com/OfficialGamingBros/

• Gongyla7Gongyla7 Posts: 12 New Member
    another person here who heard about it from LGR. i didn't have internet often back then... the old days of dial up. i was rarely online until college. i still feel like a total newbie online.
    i'd like to think i would not have bought it... i did know about modders like SimSlice and Oddsim. but i might have.
  • duhboy2u2duhboy2u2 Posts: 3,290 Member
    edited November 2015
    SimSlice and Oddsim.. wow that's a blast from the past :D Loved going to SimSlice and seeing what off the wall stuff I'd find. I was barely online then, but I was a little. Dial-up in my rural neck of the woods wasn't particularly reliable yet back then. And with me being on a mac at the time, it was a pain to convert the files for use on the mac. That is, until I found file cop :D
    Loving yourself is the most simple and complicated thing you can do for you.
  • hellojewbyhellojewby Posts: 1,316 Member
    SimSlice *mind blown*
    let's be friends on origin: hello0jewby
    *Team Seasons*
    XtR6m6.png
  • GodlikeGodlike Posts: 305 Member
    Gongyla7 wrote: »
    i'd like to think i would not have bought it... i did know about modders like SimSlice and Oddsim. but i might have.
    There was also something called LivingItUp like the EP. They had awesome mods that allowed buy and build mode when on community lots such as Studio Town. Never have been able to find those back: both the site and downloads. Unfortunately :(
    Lift me up - Let me go
  • DumbOllieDumbOllie Posts: 13 New Member
    I've never knew about this until know! I was very young when I started playing the sims, also I live in Argentina so maybe thats why. I find this kind of things really interesting. Thanks for sharing!
  • SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,906 Member
    I've still got it somewhere in a box. It was on sale in Game at the time. I didn't know it was stolen stuff then. I got everything, except paysite stuff.
    I am re-installing The Sims on an old machine - when I get past the 145 Windows updates that is. I've got most of the Maxis and Simmers utilities and hundreds of cc for it on CD somewhere too.
  • SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,906 Member
    edited April 2018
    I am a hoarder of old CDs and have been trying to clearout and get rid of old stuff but have just found a PC Format CD (from 2002)! that proclaims "Massive pack 1000 Sims add-ons". These seem to have come from TSR as there is a TSR logo with it.
  • thesimmer77thesimmer77 Posts: 33 Member
    I never knew about this either, for which sims game was it for?
  • SimFan298SimFan298 Posts: 1,079 Member
    I never knew about this either, for which sims game was it for?

The very first Sims game
    Origin ID: theAidster21

The Sims has always been an important part of my life, and may it continue to be so! Long live Sims!

[Due to some kind of glitch, I am unable to insert photos into my signature for some reason.]