Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Saying Hello, Elemental Display Rack and Another issue?

Hello, everyone! I am so happy to finally be a "Member". I've tried other sim communities and it looks like I should have come here to start with. Everyone seems friendly and some of these threads are silly and fun. I haven't been simming as long as some but years and years ago,7 or 6 maybe 8 or 9, I forget, I was at a friends house and they introduced me to the Sims 2! A while later I started collected on the Sims 2. I never got all the packs but did get most and loved playing it so much. About...1 or maybe a bit more than that, years, I finally got the sims 4 and now own all the packs. I have really fell in love with the game. I am really trying to work on my building skills and working with CAS. Anyways I won't bore you too much but I wanna say thanks for all the welcomes!

I am having a couple issues in my game that I've been unable to find solutions to. I didn't know where to post this when looking under categories. Was going to post in feedback but I can't find a "bugs or glitch or Tech problems" category. Now, I've googled these issues and tried to fix them by myself and haven't been able to fix either. One problem is game breaking or...breaks a specific lot.

First issues seems to be the Elements Display rack. This seems to be an on going issue for several people but maybe I overlooked something. First time trying to place elements on the rack I fought with it for a while but managed to click and drag them on to the rack after several attempts. My sims moved to a new home, I placed the rack, tried to place elements on it and it won't work at all. I've tried moving the rack, clicking and dragging the elements on to the rack, rotation and after a good while of fighting with it, the display rack won the fight. I'm also curious, are ALL the elements suppose to be "Focus" decor?

Second issues I am having is weird and random and I cannot duplicate it on any other lots. I was building a house on Brindleton Bay's largest lot and I tried to place the rounded foundation for a porch and the round edge was triangular. I attempted to move and delete it but it comes up saying "Cannot compute cost". I tried to delete it sever times, no go. I tried to place a porch over it and walls, no go. I tried to adjust the size, no go. I tried moving the whole lot and the lot got stuck outside the grid and I had to force restart the game. I tried to bulldoze the lot and the game got stuck on the loading screen for bulldozing and had to force close the game. I went to the neighborhood and tried to build a new lot on the broken one and it saying "building lot" but when it finishes the old and broken construction is still there, I attempted that several times. I tried to repair the game and that didn't work. This one lot is the only one having this issue, it's also on a save that I have my current play-through on so I don't wanna make a new save. Anyone have any advice on how to solve this issue? Should I move this on to a different category?

Comments

• Options
    EmCross96EmCross96 Posts: 35 Member
    Thank's for reply. I posted on there and I guess will hope for the best!
  • Options
    LaBlue0314LaBlue0314 Posts: 17,436 Member
    Do you try to put the elements while you are in buy/build mode, or in play mode? The reason I ask is that it can only be placed back while in play mode if you are in buy/build mode they won't.
  • Options
    LaBlue0314 wrote: »
    Do you try to put the elements while you are in buy/build mode, or in play mode? The reason I ask is that it can only be placed back while in play mode if you are in buy/build mode they won't.

I was trying in play mode, with the game paused.
  • Options
    Karababy52Karababy52 Posts: 5,952 Member
    Where were the elements stored when you moved? In the household inventory or your Sim's personal inventory? If in the household inventory, did you drag them to the ground or a table, then in live mode try to drag from there to the display? Perhaps since you just moved, the game doesn't recognize them until put into your Sim's personal inventory first? Are you using the Sim that owns them to try to drag to the display rack? Are you clicked on a child or ghost Sim when trying to drag them?

I don't know if any of these things make a difference, or if you've already tried dragging them to the rack from different areas or with different Sims, but it's worth a try. I had the same problem with elements when my family moved. I don't recall exactly what I did to solve it. But I do remember the rack & elements were in the household inventory and I moved the elements to the new lot ground after placing the rack, then tried to drag the elements to the rack in live mode and they wouldn't go in it.

I think what I had to do was put them in my Sim's personal inventory and then drag them to the rack from there. If none of this works, you could try buying a new rack or maybe try to reset it? Just some ideas, I hope you get it figured out. :)
  • Options
    I think they were in a personal inventory. The original owner of them died so I was using a different sim. I'll try the new rack idea. Maybe it will work since it's been so long?
  • Options
    LaBlue0314LaBlue0314 Posts: 17,436 Member
    edited October 2018
    I just thought of something dealing with the refrigerator. Whenever I have a sim move to a new location and they take their stuff with them, for some reason the refrigerator doesn't allow me to put anything in it. I have to sell off the old one and replace it. Maybe that is what is going on with the item you are having issues with.
  • Options
    Karababy52Karababy52 Posts: 5,952 Member
    I don't know if it'll work to replace the display rack, but like @LaBlue0314 said sometimes objects stop working for whatever reason when moving to a new lot so it's worth a try! :)

Also, for your second question, I don't have Cats & Dogs, but maybe that lot is bugged or perhaps the tiles aren't all flat? I've heard if you go into lots that aren't flat from Manage Worlds before placing a house there and build a pool across the entire lot, that'll flatten the lot. Just delete the pool afterwards and place your house. Since you've already moved to the lot though, do you have a copy of the house in your library?

If not, save a copy of it in your library, bulldoze the lot, place the pool, delete the pool and place your house again. Hopefully this helps. Also, yes, all elements provide the Focused mood when enabled.