Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Building a salon on a multi-purpose lot

I'm building on a tiny island with only three community lots, so I have to combine several different types of venues on each lot, with the rabbitholes in basements. Does a lot have to be designated as a salon for the game to assign stylists and tattoo artists to it, or will it assign them on any community lot that has the styling stations and tattoo chairs? I don't want to waste my time building a salon in my mall if there won't be any sims manning the stations.

Comments

• igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    edited October 2018
    I'm pretty sure the lot type won't matter, it might matter as to who gets pushed to visit the lot. But this shouldn't be difficult (just take a little bit of time) to test. If you can slap up some stylist stations and tattoo chairs on such a multi-purpose lot in a test game, doesn't have to look nice at all, and assign some Role Sims by way of NRaas Register or just let it do so on its own, if they show up for work as scheduled then seems to me that all should be well. I've put LN bars all over the place on odd lot types, remember there's even one under the cemetery in Bridgeport, I have one in an art gallery and the dance studio/gym, and they always get staffed. Never thought of putting a stylist station down in a cemetery, but regardless that's not the lot type where one more typically expects to see a bar. :)
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • GraceyManorGraceyManor Posts: 20,080 Member
    In the world I'm playing in, there's a lot that has a stylist salon on it, it was set to salon and kept assigning a sim to be a stylist, but due to my game play style in this particular world, I didn't want that.So I changed the lot to "no visitors allowed" and the game still assigned a stylist to the stylist station, so judging from this, I assume, it doesn't matter what type of community lot it set as, as long as you have the required items.I had to completely remove the stylist station to get rid of that role.
  • IreneSwiftIreneSwift Posts: 6,247 Member
    Thanks guys. I know that bars and registers will be assigned the required attendants no matter where you put them. But there's no salon register, and since salons with more than one styling station or tattoo chair still only get one stylist and tattoo artist, I wasn't sure that I would get any on this lot.