Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

New blog post: first reactions from sims camp.

Comments

• liliaethliliaeth Posts: 1,087 Member
    06Bon06 wrote: »
    So...the fame perk system will be similar to the vampire perk system? Unsurprising really.

Well it is a great system that they will probably use many more times, especially if they create more supernatural sims.

yeah, I don't see no reason why they should create a completely different system, when they've got a framework that works, and can be altered to fit other situations.
  • lexus20lexus20 Posts: 1,302 Member
    edited October 2018
    English is not my first language, does "vault" refer only to those large ones that there are in banks or does it also refer to those small safes that some people have at their homes? In my language it's the same word for both (cofre) so I'm not sure if we're getting large ones or small ones, but I'm excited for them, either way! :smile:
  • JayandMeekaJayandMeeka Posts: 2,377 Member
    alan650111 wrote: »
    simmer_jay wrote: »
    simmer_jay wrote: »
    Are we sure the quote is referring to movie sets? Or CAS sets? 🤔

That is a very good question.

I mean I think it is a valid one. I don't know where people are getting this idea that we can build and create our own sets. I have not seen anything that specifically says we can build movie sets. It would be a wonderful feature, don't get me wrong, but something tells me it's similar to other active careers where the sets are locked and only accessed through the opportunities.

“So far, I love the CAS items. Being able to build your own sets is really cool. I absolutely love the vault, and being able to add so much money to it and play with it. From what I’ve seen, it looks amazing!” - Neecxle

"Being able to build your own sets is really cool." is where we are getting the idea. It sounds exactly like something I wanted when I saw that trailer! :)

But it doesn't say movie sets specifically. Perhaps I'm wrong, and I hope I am, but when I first read that quote, I assumed they were talking about CAS pieces as a set because they literally say "I love the CAS items" and discuss building a set. Seems disjointed to me, but maybe I am misreading it. Again, I hope I am wrong but I feel like movie sets will be a locked location. If I am wrong, that would be amazing!
  • BlueSeaWavesBlueSeaWaves Posts: 4,323 Member
    lexus20 wrote: »
    English is not my first language, does "vault" refer only to those large ones that there are in banks or does it also refer to those small safes that some people have at their homes? In my language it's the same word for both (cofre) so I'm not sure if we're getting large ones or small ones, but I'm excited for them, either way! :smile:
    A vault isn’t a safe, it’s a room where valuables are stored. At this point though it’s vague to what exactly they do.
  • Karababy52Karababy52 Posts: 5,952 Member
    edited October 2018
    Okay, finding out we can build our own sets is encouraging and makes me a little more interested in this pack. I wonder if they work like any other venue where the lot needs certain objects in order for them to work. I'm guessing that might be a possibility from what I saw in the trailer. If you look closely, the swashbucklers, the actors with the laser saber things and Marie Antoinette are all standing on or near a green X on the floor. Reminds me of scenes I've seen in movies where the director says, 'Now take your mark."

So, maybe you can build your own set and the actors will play out the scenes from those 'marks' on the floor? Just a guess... Hopefully we'll find out all the details on Monday when the embargo is lifted and Sims Camp attendees start posting vids/pics. :)
  • LatinaBunnyLatinaBunny Posts: 4,666 Member
    edited October 2018
    liliaeth wrote: »
    So...the fame perk system will be similar to the vampire perk system? Unsurprising really.

Well it is a great system that they will probably use many more times, especially if they create more supernatural sims.

yeah, I don't see no reason why they should create a completely different system, when they've got a framework that works, and can be altered to fit other situations.

Yeah, I see it like when some video games and tabletop rpgs have skill trees / talent trees for various character classes or gameplay approaches. It’s fine to use similar systems for different characters.

And some games have similar mechanics that are found in many similar games. Not everything has to be a brand-new-unique-never-before-seen mechanic. Some mechanics just work, and that’s why some games would use them. It makes sense.

Skill trees is a thing in some rpgs and some video games.

I actually expect future Sims Supernaturals that use magic to use similar power trees like Vampires, if not tweaked versions of them.

Another example: In all of the Sims games, all of the skills, no matter what it is, are just “click this to make a sim do this” multiple times to level up. All the skills are technically the same game mechanic, just with different animations. (But the animations could be the same, if it’s just Sims reading about said skills, lol.)

There is no unique technical game mechanic for every unique skill, just different animations and different objects (points of interaction).

So, yeah, I think it’s fine to use a similar mechanic. Fame packs do have the star ratings/rankings, so it makes sense to make a skill tree out of it.
    ~*~Occult Family Player player~*~
    (She/her)
  • IngeJonesIngeJones Posts: 3,247 Member
    Would be good if the vault was personal money. Sometimes I find having everything shared with the entire household restrictive from an imaginative playing point of view
  • Kali_DurgaKali_Durga Posts: 197 Member
    loutredor wrote: »
    But now that I think of it ts4 objects are indeed rabbit holes more often than not so it is possible they work like GT closets, we probably won't see what's inside

oh the irony...
  • dyl_andwhatdyl_andwhat Posts: 367 Member
    Vault woohoo?
  • BlkBarbiegalBlkBarbiegal Posts: 7,924 Member
    So 8am embargo lifts? Looking forward to seeing more.
    Me on:
    Twitch jovi_jov
    Twitter BarbieSimmy
    Origin SimsBarbie
  • SimGuruNinjaSimGuruNinja Posts: 992 SimGuru
    Just another 24 excruciating hours.
  • HolidayHoliday Posts: 681 Member

Oh don't tease us! :'(
  • SimGuruNinjaSimGuruNinja Posts: 992 SimGuru
    Hey, I hate the wait as much as you! I'm dying to see their reactions!
  • PinkPaws66PinkPaws66 Posts: 755 Member
    I am really excited to learn more.I am cracking up at the idea of my Sim trying to do a commercial. Is it Monday yet??
  • HolidayHoliday Posts: 681 Member
    This is my most anticipated Expansion and I am sooooo happy that it is coming. I wish I had recorded my reaction to the announcement.
  • BlkBarbiegalBlkBarbiegal Posts: 7,924 Member
    yea, the perfect word for the wait.

Me on:
    Twitch jovi_jov
    Twitter BarbieSimmy
    Origin SimsBarbie
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,708 Member

I'm trying so hard to stay busy today. :D
  • BlueSeaWavesBlueSeaWaves Posts: 4,323 Member
    Hey, I hate the wait as much as you! I'm dying to see their reactions!
    I feel you guys are all more excited for this pack than any other before, really forward to this ep
  • IceyJIceyJ Posts: 4,641 Member
    IngeJones wrote: »
    Would be good if the vault was personal money. Sometimes I find having everything shared with the entire household restrictive from an imaginative playing point of view

I have a feeling that's exactly what the vault is. Especially because of Graham's response to someone asking if we can finally transfer money to other sims:
  • HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member

A vault can be big to small.. Usually not as small as a safe though although I've seen some pretty small ones in pictures called "vaults". Being American I don't associate a vault with being underground necessarily. Sometimes we don't have basements much depending on the area... Like in Florida people usually don't usually have basements. I knew one rich family with a "safe room" and knew where their vault was, it wasn't very big but larger than a say coffee table sized safe. I've worked at a bank when younger and that vault was room size.
    egTcBMc.png
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    Cinebar wrote: »
    Sounds interesting. Waiting for the embargo release on Monday. Only thing that makes me nervous comment about sims being able to become famous for donating to charity. I really hope it’s not a simple system.

Well, you have famous philanthropists in real life who are famous for giving away money -- it's probably dependent on the amount; someone who donates §100 Simoleons wouldn't get the fame of someone who donated §10000. I wonder if it extends to donating other items, like you can donate items to charity in Scouting, or donate artifacts to the Simsonian in JA. Would be cool to be an archaelologist/philanthropist.

Or these Sims might be able to become 'famous' just as frequently as those in TS3 which everyone disliked such an easy avenue.

They said they learned from what we didn't like in sims 3 while creating the game syste.

Hope so, because these townies have jobs in all the careers and I would hate to see more than half of them running around famous through out all the other worlds. Oh, hi, I'm a famous chef, Oh, hi, I'm a famous painter, Oh hi, I'm a famous vendor. lol
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    IceyJ wrote: »
    IngeJones wrote: »

I have a feeling that's exactly what the vault is. Especially because of Graham's response to someone asking if we can finally transfer money to other sims:

You can gift up to §10000 with Seasons; I had my Sim gift a lot of money to her future son-in-law so he could afford a better house for him and her daughter. I hope we can store more tha money though -- would be a great place to keep things like masterpiece paintings or the Omiscan treasures. (If we need a vault, does that mean a return of burglars in a future patch?)
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    Hermitgirl wrote: »

A vault can be big to small.. Usually not as small as a safe though although I've seen some pretty small ones in pictures called "vaults". Being American I don't associate a vault with being underground necessarily. Sometimes we don't have basements much depending on the area... Like in Florida people usually don't usually have basements. I knew one rich family with a "safe room" and knew where their vault was, it wasn't very big but larger than a say coffee table sized safe. I've worked at a bank when younger and that vault was room size.

To me, a vault is a separate room with a lockable door (usually pretty sturdy) that can be used to store valuables. If Sims can go in and play with their money then it's probably at least room sized. There's a Starbucks in my area that was a converted bank -- it still has the vault door but it's been disabled, and they use that room to store extra supplies like cups and napkins. B)
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member

To me, a vault is a separate room with a lockable door (usually pretty sturdy) that can be used to store valuables. If Sims can go in and play with their money then it's probably at least room sized. There's a Starbucks in my area that was a converted bank -- it still has the vault door but it's been disabled, and they use that room to store extra supplies like cups and napkins. B)

I've seen one that was about the size of a closet. And that makes sense if they can play with the money it is probably bigger... well depends on how they play with it though. We should know soon enough.. I hope.
    egTcBMc.png
  • TS1299TS1299 Posts: 1,604 Member

Yep recently just watched Harry Potter and the vault inside the gringotts bank was a room with a huge door that requires a key or password or something.