Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

It's just not fun at all.

ItsJanierItsJanier Posts: 884 Member
After a 6 months break(been playing TS3 and TS2) I tried to play TS4 again(I own all the DLC except Seasons). The new Get Famous EP made me wanna give it another try. I downloaded my old favourite house that my good friend created for me and I created a nice big family by myself.
I even created a story for this family. 2 adults, 5 kids(3 teens and 2 kids) and one cat. The mom gets a midlife crisis, leaves her family behind and moves to San Myshino. While the dad has to take care of all the kids by himself. His mom(who is famous archaeologist) moves in to help with the kids. Adventures don't go like they should have, some family members die etc drama
But then I faced the same issue that I had with TS4 before I moved to TS3.
It's just not fun. Nothing happens in the game without mods(I prefer playing vanilla even tho I use NRaas mods for TS3). Also while being in CAS I noticed that there was barely any clothes for my elder(female) sim.
My Sims were just standing there for hours doing nothing even tho I had a free will on(I have red about this bug before here). It was kinda a hot mess(the game sure is pretty and all that but not interesting at all).

Anyway I hope that someday I will go back to TS4 again and actually enjoy it :) happy simming to all of you.
Post edited by ItsJanier on

Comments

• ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    ItsJanier wrote: »
    After a 6 months break(been playing TS3 and TS2) I tried to play TS4 again(I own all the DLC except Seasons). The new Get Famous EP made me wanna give it another try. I downloaded my old favourite house that my good friend created for me and I created a nice big family by myself.
    I even created a story for this family. 2 adults, 5 kids(3 teens and 2 kids) and one cat. The mom gets a midlife crisis, leaves her family behind and moves to San Myshino. While the dad has to take care of all the kids by himself. His mom(who is famous archaeologist) moves in to help with the kids. Adventures don't go lile planned etc
    It's just not fun. Nothing happens in the game without mods(I prefer playing vanilla even tho I use NRaas mods for TS3). Also while being in CAS I noticed that there was barely any clothes for my elder(female) sim.
    My Sims were just standing there for hours doing nothing even tho I had a free will on(I have red about this bug before here). It was kinda a hot mess(the game sure is pretty and all that but not interesting at all).

Anyway I hope that someday I will go back to TS4 again and actually enjoy it :) happy simming to all of you.

If you don’t wanna play with any mods then idk what to tell you lol people say all the time the game is unplayable and not enjoyable without mods because of all of the bugs and I’m inclined to agree.

If you used to use NRaas for TS3, then the equivalent for TS4 that makes things happen on its own would be for you to download the MCCmdCenter mod.
  • LatinaBunnyLatinaBunny Posts: 4,666 Member
    edited October 2018
    If it’s not for you, then maybe it’s just not fun for you, or you can try out the MCC mod or other mods and see if the mods help some.

I personally like playing vanilla Sims 4, and I don’t have mods, and I find it mostly playable (with certain bugs), so I’m not really sure what else I could say to help you.

In the end, I do hope you find a solution and just enjoy the Sims game(s) that suits your playstyle, regardless of its iteration, whether it’s 3, 2, 4, etc. :smile:
    ~*~Occult Family Player player~*~
    (She/her)
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,837 Member

What an absolutely civil comment in describing your inability to have fun with the game. I too hope there'll soon be something to draw you back. 🙂
  • SimpkinSimpkin Posts: 7,425 Member
    What do you want to happen? The gameplay is so similar in all the games. They have all the same opportunities - careers, skills, aspirations, traits, relationships. You can make stories out of all games.
    Seasons toggle button in build mode poll. Vote now please! :)
  • Pamtastic72Pamtastic72 Posts: 4,545 Member
    I would recommend the MC Command Center mod also, it enables story progression and you can pick and choose modules to install based on your play style. I would also highly recommend the Seasons EP. It was a game changer for me and really breathed new life into all of my other packs. It honestly completely refreshed the game for me.
  • ItsJanierItsJanier Posts: 884 Member
    Chazzzy wrote: »
    I even created a story for this family. 2 adults, 5 kids(3 teens and 2 kids) and one cat. The mom gets a midlife crisis, leaves her family behind and moves to San Myshino. While the dad has to take care of all the kids by himself. His mom(who is famous archaeologist) moves in to help with the kids. Adventures don't go lile planned etc

If you don’t wanna play with any mods then idk what to tell you lol people say all the time the game is unplayable and not enjoyable without mods because of all of the bugs and I’m inclined to agree.

If you used to use NRaas for TS3, then the equivalent for TS4 that makes things happen on its own would be for you to download the MCCmdCenter mod.

I haven't uninstalled TS4 yet. I will think about MCCC and watch some tutorials of how to get the most out of it.
    If it’s not for you, then maybe it’s just not fun for you, or you can try out the MCC mod or other mods and see if the mods help some.

I personally like playing vanilla Sims 4, and I don’t have mods, and I find it mostly playable (with certain bugs), so I’m not really sure what else I could say to help you.

In the end, I do hope you find a solution and just enjoy the Sims game(s) that suits your playstyle, regardless of its iteration, whether it’s 3, 2, 4, etc. :smile:

I grew up with TS 2 & 3. Playing those games feel like having fun with an old friend. And I love the story progression(NRaas's story progression) on TS3. It makes the game feel so alive.
    I just hoped that I would enjoy TS4 again like I did during 2014-2017.
    I would recommend the MC Command Center mod also, it enables story progression and you can pick and choose modules to install based on your play style. I would also highly recommend the Seasons EP. It was a game changer for me and really breathed new life into all of my other packs. It honestly completely refreshed the game for me.

Seasons does seem nice. But I don't wanna "waste" 40€ if I don't actually play TS4. I'll wait for a sale before I get it :smiley:
  • Pamtastic72Pamtastic72 Posts: 4,545 Member

Seasons does seem nice. But I don't wanna "waste" 40€ if I don't actually play TS4. I'll wait for a sale before I get it :smiley: [/quote]

Well with a new EP coming soon, perhaps you can get it at a good discount before Christmas. :)

Seasons does seem nice. But I don't wanna "waste" 40€ if I don't actually play TS4. I'll wait for a sale before I get it :smiley:

Well with a new EP coming soon, perhaps you can get it at a good discount before Christmas. :)
    [/quote]

I sure hope so :smile:
    Black Friday is also coming pretty soon so I'm hopeful that there will a good sale for Seasons and maybe for Get Famous as well(I can always wish) haha.
    But before those I'll give MCCC a try and if it doesn't do it for me then it's back to old favourites :blush:
  • JaiSeaJaiSea Posts: 907 Member
    I came to the realization the only way I enjoy TS4 is by rotational game play. I did not play 1, 2, or 3 that way, but with 4 I found by the time I start to get bored it's time to play the next family and it's fun for me all over again.
    Check out my latest Multiplayer Let's Play! The Off the Grid challenge - single family addition.
    MPOTGthumbnail.jpg
  • Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    I came to the realization the only way I enjoy TS4 is by rotational game play. I did not play 1, 2, or 3 that way, but with 4 I found by the time I start to get bored it's time to play the next family and it's fun for me all over again.

Totally agree. Exactly how I play.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• 06Bon0606Bon06 Posts: 11,614 Member
    Definitely can recommend seasons. I didn't get until recently and it is really pretty amazing.

If you are willing to try mods I'll recommend you check out personality please and other mods by that modder. My game is a while different game with those, sims actually acting according to their emotions autonomously. I also have one that keeps their moods stable for longer.

I also found it helps to play sims 4 for what it is rather than to focus on what it doesn't have
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,837 Member
    06Bon06 wrote: »

I also found it helps to play sims 4 for what it is rather than to focus on what it doesn't have

You win best forum post for today. :)
  • ChelleJoChelleJo Posts: 7,087 Member
    Definitely can recommend seasons. I didn't get until recently and it is really pretty amazing.

If you are willing to try mods I'll recommend you check out personality please and other mods by that modder. My game is a while different game with those, sims actually acting according to their emotions autonomously. I also have one that keeps their moods stable for longer.

Once I did this, my whole view on the game started to change. Once I quit comparing it to Sims 3 and wishing it had _____ or ______ and just accepted it for what it was, I went from a love/HATE relationship with the game, to... "Ya know, this game isn't half bad". And it's only grown from there and I just realized is my favorite game (Toddlers, Pets, and Seasons has added greatly to that, too).
    p8L4V6v.png
  • OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 4,995 Member
    While there are lots of things in TS4 that are really nice, great even, I find the actual gameplay too 'dumbed down' compared to TS2 to hold interest for very long. I can go months with no TS4 and not miss it, while 3 days is a long break for TS2. Not fond of the comatose sims, either. Tell a TS2 sim to do something, they do (usually, sometimes takes a 2nd click if they are absorbed in something). Increasingly finding in 4 it's, 'For the 12th time, eat your dinner before you drop onto the floor from starvation and Grimmy comes!'. Won't go into the wacko outfits that are appearing again, or my pet peeves. Sorry, but would rather drive an SS396 than a Yugo.

I'm a "control freak" in The Sims games. I play rotationally with all The Sims games. I wanna make sure that every family tree continues and that the world feels as lively as possible(also I always change ugly or bad outfits into something pretty/cool).

I'm so willing to try mods to make this game interesting. If you have other good suggestions please let me know :smile:
    While there are lots of things in TS4 that are really nice, great even, I find the actual gameplay too 'dumbed down' compared to TS2 to hold interest for very long. I can go months with no TS4 and not miss it, while 3 days is a long break for TS2. Not fond of the comatose sims, either. Tell a TS2 sim to do something, they do (usually, sometimes takes a 2nd click if they are absorbed in something). Increasingly finding in 4 it's, 'For the 12th time, eat your dinner before you drop onto the floor from starvation and Grimmy comes!'. Won't go into the wacko outfits that are appearing again, or my pet peeves. Sorry, but would rather drive an SS396 than a Yugo.

I totally agree with you.