Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Things you didn't know!

Comments

• HillyBethHillyBeth Posts: 3,505 Member
    If you have a holiday- like Christmas Day- set up to appear, and Get Gifts is a holiday tradition, you can have your sims check the mail for gifts!
    Origin ID
    HillyPlays
    P.A.C.E- Positive Attitude Changes Everything
  • HIstoricgalHIstoricgal Posts: 567 Member
    All of mine which show up are shared Sims, when you share them they also go into you Library. They show up in town as townies even if you delete them from the game I guess it is because they are in you library.
  • cmbaker16cmbaker16 Posts: 9,172 Member
    with seasons the flower bouquets actually go bad, my sim has a flower shop and I noticed some of the bouquets had a stink cloud around them turned out they had gone from an excellent masterpiece to a poor one.
  • February11February11 Posts: 12,640 Member
    cmbaker16 wrote: »
    with seasons the flower bouquets actually go bad, my sim has a flower shop and I noticed some of the bouquets had a stink cloud around them turned out they had gone from an excellent masterpiece to a poor one.

I wonder if that happens to the flower arrangements, too?
    MLgj4Vx.png
  • GrumpyGlowfishGrumpyGlowfish Posts: 2,208 Member
    Yep, the flower arrangements, too, eventually wither after a few days. I don't know if there is a way to preserve them, maybe when the corresponding skill is high enough, but I haven't gotten past level 5 yet.
  • OldGeekWomanOldGeekWoman Posts: 21 Member
    @cmbaker16 @February11 @GrumpyGlowfish If you scent the flower arrangements with Bluebell they won't wilt
  • paradiseplanetparadiseplanet Posts: 4,421 Member
    All of mine which show up are shared Sims, when you share them they also go into you Library. They show up in town as townies even if you delete them from the game I guess it is because they are in you library.

How is this possible? If you only have them in your Library they should NEVER be in your games at all. As far as I'm aware my main save which has only a 1/4 of all the sims I ever made in the actual game do not ever encounter any I never placed in that save myself; I have seen no other Library sims of mine invading my saves, I always have to add them in myself. I'm pretty sure this is not supposed to happen.

Are you sure you're not confusing this with the Manage Households menu and you're just not checking for these sims in the Other Households section? That is not the same thing as the game's built-in Library which serves as game storage and should never be touched by your saves unless you place your Library sims into your saves manually.
    Origin ID: paradiseplanet27
    tumblr_ojq4r339Ni1usy5rpo1_100.png
    Yep, the flower arrangements, too, eventually wither after a few days. I don't know if there is a way to preserve them, maybe when the corresponding skill is high enough, but I haven't gotten past level 5 yet.

Oh wow. I'll need to keep an eye out for that. I'd been decorating my sims home with her floral creations!
    It could turn ugly!
    MLgj4Vx.png
    @cmbaker16 @February11 @GrumpyGlowfish If you scent the flower arrangements with Bluebell they won't wilt

Thanks for the tip. Most helpful!
    MLgj4Vx.png
  • loubyloulouloubyloulou Posts: 4,466 Member
    This is more of a 'Do you know?' than a 'Did you know?'

I've not seen this small painting before - is it new? I wonder if it's supposed to be a young Bella Goth...
    Wp4je5v.png
    At

How is this possible? If you only have them in your Library they should NEVER be in your games at all. As far as I'm aware my main save which has only a 1/4 of all the sims I ever made in the actual game do not ever encounter any I never placed in that save myself; I have seen no other Library sims of mine invading my saves, I always have to add them in myself. I'm pretty sure this is not supposed to happen.

Are you sure you're not confusing this with the Manage Households menu and you're just not checking for these sims in the Other Households section? That is not the same thing as the game's built-in Library which serves as game storage and should never be touched by your saves unless you place your Library sims into your saves manually.

No I only have Sims in two worlds and they are ones I have made for each worlds, I don't know how it happens but they show up in the Flea Market and the other things going on in the world and since it isn't just me that it happens to it must be something. I have parents in New Crest and and moved married children into Apartments. I I even started a whole new game since I had these Sims in it. I mean deleting my Sims 5 and Starting a whole new game from scratch. I'm not new to the game and have been playing since Sims 1 first came out and this has never happened before, I'm alright with it though it is sort of nice seeing them in the game. (Some of the Game generated ones are funny looking where as the ones we make are not) I only mentioned it because It is something different that isn't seen every day and wanted to know if it has happened to others also as it has. They don't just walk around they are at House warmings , the festivals and Different venues my Sims visit.

I've not seen this small painting before - is it new? I wonder if it's supposed to be a young Bella Goth...
    Wp4je5v.png

Haven't see it either, but really it is a pretty painting. Not sure who it might be, but it may be Bella who know lol
  • JPNekoJPNeko Posts: 296 Member

Wp4je5v.png
    Looks more like Kai Kahue's sister lol. :D

• 3liza3liza Posts: 18 Member
    I'm not sure what happened, but when my elder sim died of old age during winterfest, the sim reaper brought him back to life...
    Pretty cool!
    A shame that there was no option to thanks him.
  • Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member

Past games if the games pool of sims ran low the AI will raid your library. It's always been like that in past games but I did not know this one did it too. LOL.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• TheStarHermitTheStarHermit Posts: 280 Member
    I didn't know until recently that your sim can find a bar of gold worth about 6K on the ground in Brindleton Bay and can claim it and sell it; found two of them now, both besides gold looking pet poop. :smile:
    "Get your facts first, then you can distort them as much as you please." - Mark Twain
  • J3SS1C444J3SS1C444 Posts: 4 New Member
    [quote="Bonasita;c-16342301"][quote="ashcrash19;c-16338520"]I just realized on accident today that if you're looking at your friendships etc in the relationship panel (home, friends, romantic, pets etc) that if you click on their picture you have options to text, ask to hangout etc. This blew my mind! For the past few years I've been using the phone for that. :D [/quote]

Thanks! That’s helpful news to me. [/quote]

I also just realized this the other day! It's awesome
    I didn't know, until I just found the thread (dated back to July), that the aging up system has changed.
    Babies are still 2 days
    Toddlers are 7-9 days
    Children are 13-15 days
    Teens are 13-15 days
    Young adults are 22-25 days
    Adults are 22-25 days
    Elders are 9-12 days
    MLgj4Vx.png
  • pookysimsloverpookysimslover Posts: 339 Member
    I found out today that you have to put a crystal on the ground to get a slide from it to use in the microscope!

But still haven't found out how to get the slides for plants and fossils!

I've been playing the Goth family and have Mortimer in the science career, and it keeps asking for him to analyze a crystal, plant or fossil on the microscope, but for awhile I had no idea how to get a slide!

Then I googled it, and found that someone asked about how to get the crystal slides on EA help, and I found out the above thing!

But now the game isn't recognizing that he has successfully analyzed the crystal, a box pops up and says it does, but the job thing is still asking for it, like he never did it!

Hopefully someone on EA help will help me with this, I asked awhile ago myself about how to get slides of crystals, plants and fossils, but never got an answer, and at that time it wasn't a tech or error problem, just a how to problem!
    To follow me or check out my creations my name is claramj and my avatar is Nikki Cat, she's in my gallery!
  • LilyParkerLilyParker Posts: 1,144 Member
    edited October 2018
    I found out today that you have to put a crystal on the ground to get a slide from it to use in the microscope!

I've been playing the Goth family and have Mortimer in the science career, and it keeps asking for him to analyze a crystal, plant or fossil on the microscope, but for awhile I had no idea how to get a slide!

Then I googled it, and found that someone asked about how to get the crystal slides on EA help, and I found out the above thing!

But now the game isn't recognizing that he has successfully analyzed the crystal, a box pops up and says it does, but the job thing is still asking for it, like he never did it!

Hopefully someone on EA help will help me with this, I asked awhile ago myself about how to get slides of crystals, plants and fossils, but never got an answer, and at that time it wasn't a tech or error problem, just a how to problem!

@pookysimslover
    Your sim needs level 2 Logic skill to unlock the ability to "Collect Microscope Samples" from plants. Check out this great guide: https://simsvip.com/the-sims-4-microscope-prints-collectibles/. Crystals and fossils are tied to the sim's level of Logic skill, too. Crystals need level 8 and fossils need level 7 to unlock the ability to collect samples.
    Currently blogging about The Island Challenge on Lily Parker's Sims Challenges (WordPress).
    Abandoned Kids Challenge
    and Toddler Mania Challenge stories are complete.
  • KathykinsKathykins Posts: 1,883 Member

If the task is to "analyze a crystal" you need to use the Chemical Analyzer. You need metal, crystals or plants in your sims inventory. With the microscope you analyze a sample of a crystal, not the crystal itself.
    edited October 2018
    You can get metals and crystal from Co-Workers when you need them , you only need to ask them for it. Plants are growing in the front area by the reception desk which you can get samples from also.
  • BMSOBMSO Posts: 3,273 Member
    Not sure if this has been mentioned. If your active sim plays haunting music around normal sims, at the end of it the normal sims will get irritated. Also if you have a spooky day event children will come in your sims home and take from the fright bowl. (If it is inside).
    Bmso85's emporium - mysims4studios

• pookysimsloverpookysimslover Posts: 339 Member
    edited October 2018
    LilyParker wrote: »

@pookysimslover
    Your sim needs level 2 Logic skill to unlock the ability to "Collect Microscope Samples" from plants. Check out this great guide: https://simsvip.com/the-sims-4-microscope-prints-collectibles/. Crystals and fossils are tied to the sim's level of Logic skill, too. Crystals need level 8 and fossils need level 7 to unlock the ability to collect samples.

My Sim logic is 10, and to the others, it says analyze crystal on microscope, and if I hover over it, it says to take the crystal slide and use it on the Microscope, not the chemical analyzer!

And I know about the plants growing in a little green house like part of the building, and that you can ask co-workers, if you are friends, to give you a crystal or metal! I have plenty of both, since the game has that as one of the things I have to do, ask a co-worker for a metal or a crystal!

But I have figured out the plant slides thing, and all that, now I just have to see if the game will except it as so in when I analyze any of them in the microscope during my sims job, if they ask for him to do that!
    To follow me or check out my creations my name is claramj and my avatar is Nikki Cat, she's in my gallery!
  • KathykinsKathykins Posts: 1,883 Member
    @pookysimslover I was very confused with this when I first played a scientist, since we have two ways of analyzing crystals. If your task says "crystal sample on microscope", and it didn't accept when your sim did it, then I don't know. It might have been a glitch, if you have the slide in your inventory, it should give you the option when you click on the microscope. I hope it will work out next time you try it :)

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top