Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Things I can't play sims without.

As an avid Sims player, I have too many mods to make the game more interesting but it's built up and unhealthy list of things I physically can't play the game without.

- Eyelashes (For some reason my sim looks bald without them)
- Skin overlays (I recommend the Kylie overlay or Mirabella)
- CC hair (Now the original ones look so ugly)
- CC clothes (C'mon guys)
- CC furniture (I've really gotten into it now)
- CC jobs (Why be a regular artist when I can be a graphic designer)
- CC traits (You have to get kawaiistacie trait bundles)
- MCCommand Centre

That's all I can think off but what can you not live without?
*Link to all the mods I use*
hope you all are smiling x

Comments

• TrashmagicTrashmagic Posts: 977 Member
    Like you, I can't live without my mods and cc. In fact, I've never played a Sims game without mods or cc. (Maybe a little too late to go back now)

It is a little easier though with Sims 4 since I actually like some of the hairs/clothes/furniture so I mostly stick to recolors or make my own.

Also we're totally not unhealthy for wanting to spice up our games. Right...? 😅
  • MaggieMarleyMaggieMarley Posts: 5,299 Member
    edited October 2018
    I’m in agreement with MCCC! Story progression is ESSENTIAL to my game. It’s the only mod I have and I have no CC.

The packs I feel I really can’t do without in my game...
    - Vampires
    - Get to work (mostly for the aliens!)
    - Cats and Dogs
    - Seasons

ETA: oops this was only meant to be about mods. Oh well!
  • verlainemverlainem Posts: 837 Member
    I tend to stay away from CC I have a few CC for hijabs and a few other ethnic type clothing for more diversity
    I only use two mods
    MCCC
    UI Cheats Extension
    Both of those because I dislike wasting time skilling lol and love the story progression and a few other things about MCCC
    EA ID burnished_dragon
  • Madachan88Madachan88 Posts: 360 Member
    edited October 2018
    My main mods

MCCC will never without it anymore
    UI Cheat Extention same as above
    More CAS Columns same
    Lumias Cas Lightnings Mod + Custom Background No more the same old Background and it's a lot brighter than before.
    Rotating Main Menu It's bringing a nice touch to the game.
    Show Sim Info Mod Give you a lot Information about your Sims.
    Bugfixes and Tuning Mods by LittleMssam and Bienchen Helps a lot
    And LittleMssams First Love, Simda Dating App and Ultrasound Scan will always be in my mod folder too.
    Road to fame I Really love this Mod and will even use it after Get Famous comes out.

CC, well I having a lot both Maxis Match and Alpha. I like to mixing up both styles.
    But I'm cleaning my cc out, from time to time.
    Post edited by Madachan88 on
  • MarshMarsh Posts: 47 Member
    MCCC for sure. I’m aching for that new update after the latest patch.
    Script mods for cheat shortcuts
    Custom hair
    Custom clothes
    Custom skin (the palest skin in the game looks so strange)
    Custom makeup, mainly eyeliner or eyelashes. My girls look so weird without it
    screenshdot-251.png
    https://bleedingnegative.files.wordpress.com/
    Marshall. California. Been playing since 2004!
  • hermioniahermionia Posts: 289 Member
    edited October 2018
    this would be my list.

mods
    mccc. its so useful for cheats plus story progression.
    ui cheats extension. I need to cheat needs.
    more cas columns - 4 columns. i can see more at once.
    luumia's cas lighting mod. nicer lighting, original is dark.
    reshade - saartje77 color pop reshade. it looks so much brighter.
    playable pets. I want to control the pets.
    luumia's noglo and noblu. nicer lighting.
    aklsimmer reduced random townies. i don't like too many weird af townies.

custom content-mm
    default skins. it looks much smoother with cc.
    default eyes. cc eyes are shinier and cuter.
    white cas background. the blue-green one is meh.
    cc freckles. the original ones look like spots on the sim's face.
    cc lipstick. there is no proper matte ones.
    toddler cc clothes and hair. they're lacking, i dont have the toddler stuff pack.

I do use cc hair, clothes, shoes, and other makeup but they are items that I can live without. Also, I don't have build cc.
    Post edited by hermionia on
  • catitude5catitude5 Posts: 2,537 Member
    Above and beyond anything else, MC Commander.
  • luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,617 Member
    I have loads of mods and an increasing amount of CC, but the ones I really rely on for my gameplay are:

- UI Cheats Extension, because I'm a control freak
    - MC Command Center, because I'm a control freak (it's the secret to removing unwanted relationships in rotational play)
    - a mod that replaces the animation for sending someone off your lot

Everything else is gravy.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • loubyloulouloubyloulou Posts: 4,466 Member
    I have loads of mods and an increasing amount of CC, but the ones I really rely on for my gameplay are:

- MC Command Center, because I'm a control freak (it's the secret to removing unwanted relationships in rotational play)

Ooh, that one sounds intriguing - what it is if you don't mind my asking?
  • luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,617 Member

The one I use is sims4me Ask to Leave Overhaul: https://www.deichschafblog.de/s4/sonstige-mods/
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • loubyloulouloubyloulou Posts: 4,466 Member

The one I use is sims4me Ask to Leave Overhaul: https://www.deichschafblog.de/s4/sonstige-mods/

Thanks! I shall investigate...
  • Moon_Moon_ Posts: 2 New Member
    I’m the same with eyelashes! I accidentally forgot to put them on my sim, and it was so strange looking at them whilst in game.
    I go all out with CC for cas, and of course mc command centre. But I don’t use furniture cc. I’ve always felt it look out of place. I’d love to try it though
  • M_Valentine22M_Valentine22 Posts: 203 Member
    Moon_ wrote: »
    I’m the same with eyelashes! I accidentally forgot to put them on my sim, and it was so strange looking at them whilst in game.
    I go all out with CC for cas, and of course mc command centre. But I don’t use furniture cc. I’ve always felt it look out of place. I’d love to try it though

You are the exact same as me and I didn't really think CC furniture was necessary but now I'm really into it. Especially decorations. I didn't really care about them but now I have mini lush products and photo frames and succulents I spend to much time decorating.
  • SarahsShadySarahsShady Posts: 963 Member
    The game isn't even worth palying without mods IMO. I find myself getting getting lost ( & loving it) looking for new content for my sims on Tumblr, TSR and MTS. Part of the fun is the hunt for the perfect hair, skin overlay and or wedding dress!
    giphy.gif

Please Bring Back Toddlers, Realistic Teenagers and Create a World.
    Make the Sims (4) Great Again<3

• WillKDavidWillKDavid Posts: 136 Member
    My favorite mods are Andrew's Pose Player, and Teleporter. They're helping me big time with a photo story I'm doing. I'm also loving the custom food and drinks interaction mods. I've added so many custom harvestables, (some of them should already be in the game; (pumpkins, corn) and recipes to my game.
  • WolfLuna5WolfLuna5 Posts: 2 New Member
    Hey, reading all your comments is making me want to try CC and different mods. I’m new to this, can someone give me a list of websites that I can get all this from please? (I know about TSR)
    Thanks in advance!
  • M_Valentine22M_Valentine22 Posts: 203 Member
    WolfLuna5 wrote: »
    Hey, reading all your comments is making me want to try CC and different mods. I’m new to this, can someone give me a list of websites that I can get all this from please? (I know about TSR)
    Thanks in advance!

LIST OF BEST CC MAKERS

LIST OF BEST MODS

All made by me <3
  • Bananas_45Bananas_45 Posts: 6,772 Member
    edited November 2018
    Thanks in advance!

@M_Valentine22 CC link is primarily for Alpha CC (realistic looking content) for Maxis Match (matches game content) this thread is helpful:
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/815146/maxis-match-style-cc-list/p1

These are some great sites for Mods:
    http://modthesims.info/browse/ts4/414/?showType=1
    https://littlemssam.tumblr.com/post/175435360448/mod-overview-list
    https://www.kawaiistaciemods.com/downloads
  • stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    Thanks in advance!

The mods that are must haves for me (with links) are:

MC Command Center -- Deaderpool's site
    UI Cheats Extension -- Mod The Sims
    Work From Home mods by Noelle Bellefleur -- Mod The Sims
    Faster Writing/Painting/Programming by coolspear1 -- Sims Asylum (registration required)

The WFH mods just moved into the indispensible column recently -- they're awesome if your Sim is planning to start a family because you can be home to help the toddlers skill up, which both helps the toddlers plus your Sim's own Paenting skill (if you have Parenthood GP). Or if there's a San Myshuno festival you want your Sims to take in. The only issue is the one where Sims can't travel on a holiday without everyone else in the household coming home early from work/school but I'm hoping that's one of the bugs that gets squashed with the patch on Tuesday.

I don't use much CC -- I have a CC storage crate so I can sort items into different categories rather than everything lumped into the shared inventory from the storage chests, and coolspear1 has the City Living apartment bulletin board freed to place anywhere. I use that one to put the boards in some of my houses so my Sims get advance notice for the festivals, especially ones that happen during their normal work hours so they can either plan to work from home or take a vacation day.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
    WillKDavid wrote: »
    My favorite mods are Andrew's Pose Player, and Teleporter. They're helping me big time with a photo story I'm doing. I'm also loving the custom food and drinks interaction mods. I've added so many custom harvestables, (some of them should already be in the game; (pumpkins, corn) and recipes to my game.

I've looked at both BrazenLotus' and icemunmun's custome harvestables/recipes; do you have a preference for one or the other?
    verlainem wrote: »
    I tend to stay away from CC I have a few CC for hijabs and a few other ethnic type clothing for more diversity
    I only use two mods
    MCCC
    UI Cheats Extension
    Both of those because I dislike wasting time skilling lol and love the story progression and a few other things about MCCC

I'm trying to stay away from falling down the rabbit hole of CAS CC but I'd love to know where to get the hijabs.
  • Bananas_45Bananas_45 Posts: 6,772 Member
    verlainem wrote: »
    I only use two mods
    MCCC
    UI Cheats Extension

I'm trying to stay away from falling down the rabbit hole of CAS CC but I'd love to know where to get the hijabs.

This thread has hijabs: https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/949771/has-anyone-made-a-hijab-that-is-maxis-match-yet
    I know the title is MM but the last post in the thread has Alpha Hijabs if you are interested.
  • ArmoireArmoire Posts: 14 New Member
    Surprised nobody has mentioned roBurky's mods. I use Emotional Inertia, No Happy Environment, True Happiness, Uncomfortable Overhaul, and Variable Emotional Traits. It's like a complete overhaul of the mood system and adds a lot more depth to sim emotions in my opinion.
  • SjofnSjofn Posts: 332 Member
    Ha, I was about to mention roburky's mods myself. I use all the ones you mentioned except for True Happiness (I use his Assertive Happiness mod instead, which I'm not sure if he actually has up anywhere these days). I might be biased, though, I help test them sometimes.

For non-roburky mods, the only one I cannot deal without is faster eating/drinking. I have a bunch of other ones (like MCCC and whatnot), but the faster eating one is freaking crucial.
  • WillKDavidWillKDavid Posts: 136 Member
    edited November 2018
    WillKDavid wrote: »

I've looked at both BrazenLotus' and icemunmun's custome harvestables/recipes; do you have a preference for one or the other?

stilljustme2, sorry it took so long to respond. I use icemunmun's harvestables.