Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Hair Swatches question

Hello! I'm not exactly a skilled CC creator, although I do know my way around S4S, but I'm having some trouble here. I'm trying to make a sim who wears "wigs" by giving them CC hair with non-default swatches so it won't force a consistent hair color. Unsurprisingly, I'm having some issues with it, but that's beside the point. I'm trying to make a duplicate set of base-game hairs with the regular set of swatches, but trick the game into thinking they don't correspond to the regular colors.

I'm not sure if that makes sense, but I thought it would be as simple as removing the Hair Color tags per swatch, and unfortunately, that didn't work and the hair colors are working as intended, i.e. choosing the fake-auburn in my duplicate hair switches all hairstyles with a corresponding swatch to auburn. Anyone know how I can get around this?
Kat | 25 | they/them | KatJustice97 on the gallery (check CC enabled) | I have 3700+ hours logged in the Sims 4, well over half of it in CAS

Comments

• Options
    CupidCupid Posts: 3,623 Member
    I believe it's tied to the color of the swatch. If you change the swatch colors to make them slightly different from EA's it should view them as different colors.
    HdLHa3j.png
    (◡‿◡✿)
  • Options
    kittykat97kittykat97 Posts: 61 Member
    edited October 2018
    Cupid wrote: »
    I believe it's tied to the color of the swatch. If you change the swatch colors to make them slightly different from EA's it should view them as different colors.

Huh. An interesting decision. I'll give it a shot, thanks!

EDIT: Yup, that did the trick, thank you!
    Kat | 25 | they/them | KatJustice97 on the gallery (check CC enabled) | I have 3700+ hours logged in the Sims 4, well over half of it in CAS