Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

WE NEED MORE INSTRUMENTS!

Comments

• thesleepingsatellitethesleepingsatellite Posts: 34 Member
    I'd really love for sims to be able to play songs together, as a band, instead of everyone doing their own thing on their own instruments. I think Sims 3 had that ability? It would be nice to see it as part of the game again. And in that case, yeah, definitely drums and maybe also a bass guitar.
  • PegasysPegasys Posts: 1,135 Member
    I mainly want our sims to be able to jam together/play in a band. So drums for sure. Bass guitar. Other instruments are nice too, but bands please!!!!
  • HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    I want a bunch of instruments but if I could only have a few it would be drums, saxophone and a cello. Would love a harp just because ... harps!
    I really hope when we get some sort of ability to play instruments together there are a variety of types we can put together or select.
    egTcBMc.png
  • AlbaWaterhouseAlbaWaterhouse Posts: 3,953 Member
    More instruments, and being able to play with other sims.
    Origin ID is: AlbaWaterhouse
    All my creations are CC free.
  • ShadyLady89ShadyLady89 Posts: 908 Member
    The musician career we have currently is orchestral, but I'm with you on wanting more branches for the entertainment career. There's so many different branches they could create: rock branch, pop branch, vocalist, and then even add an acting and directing branch; lots of ways that career can be modified. I would also love the return of the drum set and bands, as well as introducing wind instruments for the first time, like the saxophone, trumpet, etc.
    Origin: ShadyLady1989 | please feel free to add/friend me!
    Sims 4 Blog
    Don't feed trolls. Do feed cowplants.
  • djacquelynstewdjacquelynstew Posts: 641 Member
    mika wrote: »
    Drums, flutes, trumpets, and saxaphones would be epic. People could make a jazz band in the game to play at restaurants

This ^^^ and exactly as this person wrote it :)
  • MovottiMovotti Posts: 7,774 Member
    Watch this for some inspiring ideas.

https://youtu.be/cHLbaOLWjpc

I wouldn't mind the hammered dulcimer, theremin, and singing saw be added for some more interesting options.
    AmusingExhaustedArchaeopteryx-max-1mb.gif
  • Mystified305Mystified305 Posts: 1 New Member
    I would like to see the following implemented

Saxophone, don’t care which kind
    Flute
    Oboe
    Clarinet
    Bass Clarinet
    Bassoon
    Contrabassoon

Trumpet
    Trombone
    Euphonium
    Tuna
    French Horn

Xylophone
    Glockenspiel
    Marimba
    Timpani
    Snare
    Bass Drum
    Viraphone
  • Hannah203RHannah203R Posts: 2 New Member
    Oh my god yes!! we need all of those. At band camp my friends talking about this topic but didn't think anyone else would like that kind of expansion pack... In the old post someone mentioned a petition which i think might be the best way other than just wishing.
  • AlbaWaterhouseAlbaWaterhouse Posts: 3,953 Member
    I would love a music centered game pack
    Origin ID is: AlbaWaterhouse
    All my creations are CC free.
  • Hannah203RHannah203R Posts: 2 New Member
    My friend is currently working on a mod for this but she doesn't know when it will be out. It is quite a shame that there isn't an expansion pack for it tho.
  • redrogue60redrogue60 Posts: 2,050 Member
    Hermitgirl wrote: »
    I want a bunch of instruments but if I could only have a few it would be drums, saxophone and a cello. Would love a harp just because ... harps!
    I really hope when we get some sort of ability to play instruments together there are a variety of types we can put together or select.

Yup Harps really are awesome
    “All mushrooms are edible, but some only once.” Terry Pratchett
  • MarshMarsh Posts: 47 Member
    I’d be grateful just for drums and some kind of woodwind or brass instrument. We’ve never had a flute and i’ve always wanted to see one in a sims game. Saxophone would be cool too.
    screenshdot-251.png
    https://bleedingnegative.files.wordpress.com/
    Marshall. California. Been playing since 2004!
  • DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    I'd like instruments for bands but also for orchestras. I love to hire a harpist to play at my fancy star studded dinner parties.
  • Rusty7019Rusty7019 Posts: 2 New Member
    I wonder about that mod in the works. Anyway, i requested a marching bass drum for Sims 4...playable i hope in a mod request board
  • RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    edited July 2019
    I downloaded a nice modded set of drums. They have music and animation. The only thing that's missing is that they don't count toward "practice music" goals. I apologize that I don't remember where I got them, but I found them through a simple Google search.

But what I'm really looking for is a saxophone mod.
    Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
  • JilaTanaJilaTana Posts: 1 New Member
    Yes please, Saxophone & Cello.
    But also, when more then 1Sim plays an instrument, it shouldn't all be single instruments.
    Jamming is more fun when done as a group (band)
  • tukaetukae Posts: 2 New Member
    [quote="Mystified305;c-16783543"]I would like to see the following implemented

Saxophone, don’t care which kind
    Flute
    Oboe
    Clarinet
    Bass Clarinet
    Bassoon
    Contrabassoon

Trumpet
    Trombone
    Euphonium
    Tuna
    French Horn

Xylophone
    Glockenspiel
    Marimba
    Timpani
    Snare
    Bass Drum
    Viraphone[/quote]

I need contrabassoon in the sims because getting my hands on one IRL is too difficult!
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,362 Member
    nervous wrote: »
    A couple years ago or something I posted a discussion begging for new instruments. A couple years later I am STILL begging for new instruments. Even if it comes in the form of a game pack or stuff pack, I'll pay for it. JUST PLEASE. Only having the piano, guitar, and violin is nowhere NEAR enough in terms of music. We need all the orchestral/concert instruments! I'm talking woodwinds and brass and the rest of the string family. It'd also be cool if there was a different musical career path, like to be an orchestral musician rather than a rock star. Something that follows a more traditional instrumental path than like a vocalist.

Y'all leave more music ideas below and pray that the creators read this and take it into consideration.

Agreed and I really want drums.
  • StSimmyStSimmy Posts: 2 New Member
    I would love more instruments - drums, horns, upright piano, ukulele, etc. The more the merrier!

But what I REALLY want is the ability for Sims to play music/sing together. Like, a pianist accompanying a violinist, or a Sim singing along while another Sim plays guitar. It would be great relationship-building for the Sims!
  • GheellanGheellan Posts: 2 New Member
    I have always wanted a harp added! I am a harpist, and whenever I try to make my Sim-self, it always feels incomplete without the harp!!!!
  • SimsophoniqueSimsophonique Posts: 1,410 Member
    My lama , we even need bands. I adore this feature in the sims 3.
    Follow and read Miss V Detective (ts3 story)
    on wordpress: thesimsophonique.wp.com / on dreamwidth: simsophonique.dreamwidth.org
    Follow me on tumblr (sims only)
    simsophonique.tumblr.com (please no triggers I am autistic asperger)
  • ValeahValeah Posts: 98 Member
    I would love drums, I miss them from TS3; and the ability to have a band. I would also love a Harp. Lute, and Flute. But added to this, I would LOVE a Shamisen, and a Ichigenkin (both from Japan).
  • BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    Along with those instruments we desperately need more dances. For sims to be so party focused where are the variety of dances?
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,108 Member
    1. Drums
    2. Harp
    3. Lyre
    4. Flute
    5. Trumpet
    6. Clarinet
    7. Brass
    8. Singers Mic