Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Would You Pay More $$$ For School??

Ok so I know a good chunk of simmers are waiting for a University pack or something education related to be announced and usually I've seen this discussed as being a University pack with other "school systems" on the side or sprinkled in. I also know some simmers think we pay more for less content.

My question is, would you guys be willing to pay more than the normal $39.99 for a fully fleshed out Education pack complete with all schooling: preschool/kindergarten, grade school, high school, and university. Also, after school (drama club, yearbook, etc.) and in school activities (prom, graduation) that aren't all rabbit hole events.

I'm just curious if you think $39.99 is a good rate for the above or if it'd be worth more considering all the content within the previous packs. Name your price and list your opinions.

Comments

• Kali_DurgaKali_Durga Posts: 197 Member
    nope
    N1leAtm.gif

• RememberJoyRememberJoy Posts: 1,138 Member
    I'd also add homeschooling.
    I like the idea and would love to see it done...
    but I don't know if I'd pay more for it.
  • ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    LOL I’ve been having a hard time trying to justify the $40 price tag as is, and you wanna know will I pay MORE?

CC58750-C-E3-A3-4930-AABE-6-B6-FE4559-F7-C.gif
  • Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,108 Member
    The games are expensive enough as it is. We shouldn't need to pay more for anything.
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
  • ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    edited October 2018
    I would not pay more with the features you listed alone but if they added a high school football team and cheerleading I'd easily get it at a higher cost. This game is going to nickel and dime you anyways for features so I really don't see a difference buy a big multipack as you suggest or pay for it in a game or stuff pack at least the theme would go together and features work together.
    Post edited by ChadSims2 on
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    I would not be willing to pay more for an EP about Education/University. They are perfectly capable of creating a game changing pack for 40 bucks.
  • PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member
    Nope.
  • Elegantblkchina1Elegantblkchina1 Posts: 103 Member
    To be honest, I think we've already paid for a fully fleshed out University EP. If you think about the lack of content, as you mentioned, from previous packs, we have already more than paid for it.
  • ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    So pretty much everyone is saying no I wont pay more for extra content unless they repackage it in another pack. ;)
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • ldmarkoldmarko Posts: 5,487 Member
    Absolutely not, I don't even want all those things you mentioned, so why would I pay extra for them.
    Gallery ID: LDM2
  • x4m1r4x4m1r4 Posts: 3,901 Member
    edited October 2018
    Nope. It should be the same price or less regardless, in order to compensate anything that they might miss from the previous packs.. :D

And, I thought that a Drama Club will be on the GF pack?
    OID:- x4m1r4
  • asouthernwriterasouthernwriter Posts: 1,041 Member
    I wouldn’t pay more for an entire education pack. If they were to break it down as in having an education (Preschool/Elementary/Middle-High School) GP and a fully fleshed out University/College EP then yes.
  • robyngravesrobyngraves Posts: 248 Member
    Oh, no, no, no.
  • EveryDaySimEveryDaySim Posts: 193 Member
    Not only would I not pay more, it would probably be the straw that pushes me to place this company in the "goodbye forever" games graveyard, right along with Daybreak Games and other companies that never give you your money's worth but always try to get more for giving you less. It's already feeling enough lately like Landmark all over again with this game. I do have a breaking point, and that would pretty much be it for me.
  • CupidCupid Posts: 3,623 Member
    Nope~
    HdLHa3j.png
    (◡‿◡✿)
  • thatsnotswegthatsnotsweg Posts: 697 Member
    Nope.
    gallery ID: thatsnotsweg

vYCrjvm.png
  • JestTruJestTru Posts: 1,761 Member
    I would if the content was worth it. If they added a tween life state along with a working and active gameplay daycare system for toddlers, a grade school for child sims, a high school for tweens and teens, university for YA's with a university world, boarding school options, daycare career, education career, along with school activities clubs events etc. Like I said the content and game play would have to be worth it. Although they could probably do this or achieve this with a University EP and an education GP.
    WbUrFQm.png
  • marcel21marcel21 Posts: 12,341 Member
    edited October 2018
    yes I want a aducation pack where you have school/college/university in one.

I want preteens for it B) , regulor teens :#:'(
    Origin ID MichaelUKingdon

• AquaGamer1212AquaGamer1212 Posts: 5,417 Member
    Unless EA changes the prices of all the packs for some reason the packs will ALWAYS be 39.99 and below despite what is in it, so I’m not really understanding the point of your question....
    ts4_blossom_meadows_world_icon_gif_fan_art_by_hazzaplumbob-d.gif

• EricasFreePlayEricasFreePlay Posts: 849 Member
    Yes, IF the pack had content for all age groups that are in school (pre-school through University):

Pre-school (Toddlers)
    Elementary School (Pre-K thru 5th grade)
    Middle School (6-8th grade)
    High School (9-12th grade)
    University (YA-Adult, 4 Years)
    Community College (2 Years)

Uni Sub-Neighborhood
    College Dorms
    Secret Society Lots

College Coursework
    Final Exams
    Community Lots (Stores, Skill Lots)

Scholarships for Teens
    After School Activities (Children and Teens)
    Prom
    Graduation

• MovottiMovotti Posts: 7,774 Member
    I prefer to buy packs when they're on sale...Who the heck has the money to buy them all when they're new?
    AmusingExhaustedArchaeopteryx-max-1mb.gif
  • marcel21marcel21 Posts: 12,341 Member
    edited October 2018
    Yes, IF the pack had content for all age groups that are in school (pre-school through University):

Pre-school (Toddlers)
    Elementary School (Pre-K thru 5th grade)
    Middle School (6-8th grade)
    High School (9-12th grade)
    University (YA-Adult, 4 Years)
    Community College (2 Years)

Uni Sub-Neighborhood
    College Dorms
    Secret Society Lots

College Coursework
    Final Exams
    Community Lots (Stores, Skill Lots)

Scholarships for Teens
    After School Activities (Children and Teens)
    Prom
    Graduation

I agree with you, however high school is from 11/16 here in the UK
    Origin ID MichaelUKingdon

• agent_bevagent_bev Posts: 1,313 Member
    I wouldn't. University is fun because it has everything- frats, sororities, streaking, shenanigans, college parties, learning relevant skills for future careers, and a bit of drama like woohoo with professors.

Most of these things are inappropriate for teens, it's boring. The only thing is I want them to bring back private schools for kids and maybe add a military school option. But both options are just shipping kids off someplace else with different outcomes so you don't have to play the kids until they grow older.
  • mock68mock68 Posts: 696 Member
    No, I don't have an interest in education at all and I would rather have more adventures and collectables as well as beach stuff.
    I loved in Sims 3 how our sims could dive and collect things and swim, sunbathe etc.
  • LatinaBunnyLatinaBunny Posts: 4,666 Member
    No thank you! :smile:

I feel that the packs are already expensive for the smaller amount of content compared to past sims games.
    ~*~Occult Family Player player~*~
    (She/her)