Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 4 Confessions

Ok, now this is difficult for me to share... please don’t judge me, I believe I have OCD (shouldn’t it be called CDO, that’s just makes life complicated for people who struggle...) anyhow, I have a really bad confession...
I never had a sim age up to a teenager.

That’s right! Your read that correctly. I keep making my sim self, and I am bad by wanting it to be perfect, by starting again and again and again. I’m going to try and break this habit!

Have you got a confession to share?

Comments

• LaBlue0314LaBlue0314 Posts: 17,436 Member
    My confession is that I can't play past the first sim generation. I managed to pull it off a couple of times in the past, but never went very far into the second generation, after the first generation has died, before starting over. So I usually end up playing on the longest lifespan, stopping the aging, or playing an immortal such as a vampire.
  • SheriGRSheriGR Posts: 795 Member
    edited October 2018
    @LaBlue0314 and @Chelseadude182 I think my game play strengths and weaknesses have overlapping tendencies with yours. I (literally/clinically) have OCD. I am very driven. I micromanage a lot in Sims, and it is rather exhausting sometimes. I'm always pushing to more achievements/goals, and my aging is off because I'm rather attached to my seed/original couple (loosely based on my husband and myself) and their offspring (who are now spread throughout the other households), so I have a lot of sims who are not expendable crewmen. And who are really rich! Ya... I've had enough of death in real life lately. Let the sims live on... ;)
    Post edited by SheriGR on
    Sims 4 Gallery
    EA ID: SheriGR
    TWITTER: https://twitter.com/SheriGr
    "What does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy and to walk humbly with your God." ― Micah 6:8
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,502 Member
    OP, you're not alone. My children (mainly my daughter) likes to tease me about being OCD. I know my mother appeared to have it, too. But, I don't really believe I'm suffering from that. I do get very attached to my little Simmies and sometimes, I have restarted the very same family but that was mostly because things went horribly awry or when Parenthood was released, I realized the best way to proceed with my family was to start them anew. I discovered teaching teens the Values wasn't really reaping me what I needed. So, I restated this game save again. I aged the teens down to Child Sims, and the Child Sims down to toddlers. The rest were born in-game. Prior to this, I got rid of all the 18th century cc and restarted using contemporary clothing. Another time, I simply had to restart. I left out a few of the children (I'm playing my ancestors) and I wanted them to be from their parents (as in the genetics). However, she was already deceased and in a moment of what I call "Mad-Hatter Moments" I got it into my head to simply put a copy of the parents into the town and have the missing children born to them. With the idea, I would move them in with my original copy of their father. Silly me, that made them roommates, only. Face/palm. One other time the father in the second household electrocuted himself prior to his younger children being born. This was unacceptable. I rolled back a save. (Hey, at least I didn't restart the whole game.)

The good news is I haven't restarted them in quite some time. However, I did get a pair of Beagle puppies at the end of August and am trapped down here on my main floor, until they're fully housebroken. We're getting there, very slowly. So, I copied my game folder onto a flash drive and installed Origin on my laptop and installed that in-progress game. As a result, I'm much further along with the game on my laptop, than where I left off on my gaming rig. I only get up to my loft office on a random Saturday. Hubby has been putting in overtime. My young couple isn't even engaged upstairs. It's odd, too, switching from one computer to the next. I shall have to amend the situation going on upstairs, via MCCC, before the Patch hits which requires we remove our Mods from the game. :open_mouth:

Well, that's my confession. I feel better, don't you? ;)
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • fruitsbasket101fruitsbasket101 Posts: 1,530 Member
    I am constantly restarting my game. I micro manage everything my sims do and if anything goes wrong I have to start over. It doesn't help that I like to play with full households so it adds to the stress of keeping up with everyone.
    Have a super fantastic awesome splendid amazing day! -TheQxxn
  • SimmertwinsssSimmertwinsss Posts: 8 New Member
    i also have never had a sim age up to a teenager, i find it hard to get past the first generation
    I have one more confession about something that has just recently started with me. I am actually having issues with actually trying to start up a game save, now that Seasons has been added. I have this compulsion of not even getting into my actual gameplay until every single sim (premades) have all had all their hot and cold outfits fixed, and that every single lot has been updated. When something is not just so, I have this urge to start over. It's a sickness I tell you. lol
  • stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    Hi — my name is stilljustme2 and I’m a saveaholic. I have on save where I’m trying to finish all the collections, but I typically start a new save when we get new content. Currently re-imagining Oasis Springs as sort of a Palm Springs type world annex to Del Sol Valley where Sims can commute.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
    edited October 2018
    LaBlue0314 wrote: »
    I have one more confession about something that has just recently started with me. I am actually having issues with actually trying to start up a game save, now that Seasons has been added. I have this compulsion of not even getting into my actual gameplay until every single sim (premades) have all had all their hot and cold outfits fixed, and that every single lot has been updated. When something is not just so, I have this urge to start over. It's a sickness I tell you. lol

Hahaha... I've never had a sim die, but I've been known to hunt them down and delete the kleptos in my businesses, evil sims, child haters who come in and smash my kids' houses, and (sorry... ageism...) I even deleted a bunch of the elders in the 'unplayed households' at one point since it was full of them (about 1/4 - 1/3 it seemed) and the stupid game kept throwing all of the elders, lazy, crazy, or other rotten traits for an employee as the pool of choices I had for restaurant employee hires. It is a hard job, and the elders had a rough time doing it for 12 hours. It's not like the game lets you send a particular waiter home early, if I remember correctly (though you can in retail, so I hired some there). I was just super exasperated one night and just deleted some of them. Not the ones I made, though. ;)
    Sims 4 Gallery
    "What does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy and to walk humbly with your God." ― Micah 6:8
    @SheriGR There is a mod that I now consider one of those must-have for those who play with mods. What it does is that it will take any homeless sim in your game and force the game to use those sims instead of creating new sims. It has really cut down the number of those awful sims that the game will create just to fill in a slot, and it will force the game to use the same sims instead of creating new ones. If the game is short it will still create a new sim to fill in the slot needed. But what I will do is to make sure I have my own and make sure you have a few sims of each age group as homeless, and this mod will force your game to use them.

http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=604590
    @LaBlue0314 -- Good to know... and good planning on your part! Thanks!
    Sims 4 Gallery
  • SherryRNSherryRN Posts: 45 Member
    I confess that I lately am spending more time following other simmers escapades than playing the game.
  • invisiblgirlinvisiblgirl Posts: 1,709 Member
    I'm a control freak - I can't tolerate playing with autonomy on, and I can't have more than three Sims in the house - two is ideal. (Right now, I've just got one - my teen was orphaned when her mother died of old age.)

I never got beyond the third generation in previous Sim games, but I've been playing legacies in Sims 4. I got to eleven, I think, before Seasons, and I would have continued it, but I thought it was best to start a new save because it was such a game-changing pack. I believe I'm up to five or six, now.
    I just want things to match. :'(
  • Chelseadude182Chelseadude182 Posts: 943 Member
    You have no idea how much you all have been supportive by sharing your strories, thank you :smile:
  • x4m1r4x4m1r4 Posts: 3,901 Member
    I confess that I tend to get bored pretty easily, although I can focus for a long time playing with my Sims or building houses. But... I can't past the 3rd generations without starting a new Sim. I bulldozed houses over & over again until I'm satisfied...

So for now, I randomised my Sims traits & careers so that I'm not going to have similar Sims over & over again... I haven't found any solution about how can I build in one go... :/
    OID:- x4m1r4
  • comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    I use the same sims all the time there my favorite I have to sims that have been marred 3 times in the past two years
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • CerealmaniacCerealmaniac Posts: 24 Member
    > @SherryRN said:
    > I confess that I lately am spending more time following other simmers escapades than playing the game.

To add on to this, I usually spend more time creating outfits or building than actually playing the other parts of the game/letting my sims do their thing.
  • Noree_DoreeNoree_Doree Posts: 1,470 Member
    My confession would have to do with me making over all world's and Townies. It all started with one world and just expanded from there and I refused to play until I was finished with all world's even the vacation world's, including every apartment and penthouse in San Myshuno. And once I finished that and started to play I did not allow game generated sims to stick around. All sims had to be either made by me or made over by me. If there was a way to stop the game from generating sims I would definitely use that option (like an in game toggle or mod)
    "Bada su the gorn bada su the brawn bada bady oda aba donk donk donk gerbits gerbits vo gerbits".
  • HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    I don't think it's all that uncommon to remake, replay ect and if it is compared to other players so what? If you enjoy it that's what matters it's what the game is for.
    In the sims I replay certain themes really often and never seem to get bored with them. I get to a certain level on my sims and if they don't have some story not based on gaining skills ect they are basically done as young adults. I don't like aging them (play with aging off) and with kids I have to do everything on my played sims before I will age them up so most kids just linger there while I rotate. I keep thinking I'll get back to them. Really part of it is kids stories aren't that interesting to me.. but it makes it that much harder to move on, because I still have to get the achievement part done before I can finish the story lol (vicious circle). My sims seem to rest and I feel better playing them at some adult stage where I can go in more directions with their story.
    I have certain patterns like this in other games and one of them is restarting. I'm usually a hoarder in other games too. I get to a certain level or readiness or achievement then it's done for me. I have to restart.
    egTcBMc.png
  • Sha2520032003Sha2520032003 Posts: 2,258 Member
    My confession is that I'm so attached to one Sim that I created that I just can't seem to part ways with her. She's so special to me as I created her in CAS....and I rarely create my own Sims in CAS (only 3). The other two Sims I created in CAS were part of challenges (NSB & Legacy Challenge) & seeing them die was sad, but I got over it, as I really wanted to see the next generations thrive. BUT this one Sim....I don't want to see her as an elder nor do I want her to die. I have given her potions of youth to keep her as an Adult. & now that her kids are older...it's starting to look so unrealistic that her kids are almost as old as she is. So far I have her Save on hold until I figure out what to do. I'm either going to age her down to YA & start a new Save with her....OR just flag her for no aging or keep using potion of youths....but I don't think I'll ever let her age to elder & die. She's just too special to me. Which probably sounds crazy, since these are virtual characters & not real life.
  • Sha2520032003Sha2520032003 Posts: 2,258 Member
    @Sha2520032003 please can you show us your special sim :smile:

@Chelseadude182 Sure!

Here's Kamila Salas:
    fpECGHR.png

CAS Photo:
    WQANYwK.png

Other Pictures:
    FZ9fxzD.png
    Kamila & husband Reid on Love Day
    WhW5k19.png
    Kamila & Reid - Jungle Explorers

FIW7DIy.png
    Kamila (R) & eldest daughter Dulce

Kamila's Backstory:
    Norman and Amanda Sherwood, adopted Kamila from Selvadorada, after finding out they were unable to have children of their own. Kamila's real parents, Diego & Rosalia Salas died shortly after she was born. Rumor has it, is that they both died on an exploring expedition to find an ancient relic. Norman and Amanda changed her birth certificate from Kamila Anais Salas to Kamila Sherwood. & they never told her she was adopted. Anytime Kamila would ask why she looked so different than her parents, they just brushed it off or changed the subject. When the Sherwoods died tragically in a plane crash, Kamila was cleaning/packing up her childhood home and ran across some documents....which happened to be her real birth certificate & adoption papers. Name: Kamila Anais Salas. Birth Place: Selvadorada. Parents: Diego & Rosalia Salas. Kamila didn't harbor any resentment towards her adopted parents. But now that she knew the truth....she was more curious than ever. She had gone all these years knowing that she wasn't a real Sherwood....she looked nothing like them. But now that she had the truth in her hands...it was time to find out who she was & learn about her culture. It was also time to find out who her parents were, why they had given her up for adoption & what was so secret that her adoptive parents couldn't tell her the truth her entire childhood. Kamila wanted answers....and when there was something she was after....she was unstoppable.
    zyOBm0U.png
  • CharlieGothCharlieGoth Posts: 192 Member
    ew, don't trivialize OCD. Use other terms if it isn't clinically diagnosed and you just have quirks with certain patterns.
    @Sha2520032003 wow, I can tell why your so attach to this specific sim. She’s beautiful! Loving her story too :)
    Just wondering, as I would like to do it myself. May sound daft asking this question, but how do you involve that detail story into the game?
  • Simtown15Simtown15 Posts: 3,952 Member
    Well... one time, I let a sim die on purpose. My mom was watching me play and she still thinks it was an accident. That was almost 3 years ago.
  • ShadyLady89ShadyLady89 Posts: 908 Member
    In my main save all my sims born in game have stopped at teenagers, because I'm waiting for a Uni pack one of these days.
    Origin: ShadyLady1989 | please feel free to add/friend me!
    Sims 4 Blog
    Don't feed trolls. Do feed cowplants.