Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Family integrated dynamics events

As my sim brought her new boyfriend over for dinner I realized theres no special interactions to make it fun.
Like, wouldnt it be cool to have your sim introduce their partner to their family such as. Bring boyfriend over meet family.
Or having the romeo and Juliet syndrome...
Or what other family events can you think of?

Comments

• DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    Or the kids hate mommies new boyfriend.
  • ParkLisa97ParkLisa97 Posts: 31 Member
    It would be nice if the parents (or just the family in general) could approve/disapprove their kid's relationship, and if sims could react to proposals
  • MinaiMinai Posts: 706 Member
    Dannydanbo wrote: »
    Or the kids hate mommies new boyfriend.

Yessss!!! I second that
  • MinaiMinai Posts: 706 Member
    ParkLisa97 wrote: »
    It would be nice if the parents (or just the family in general) could approve/disapprove their kid's relationship, and if sims could react to proposals

Yes. Like there's no realism
  • cyberlinabluecyberlinablue Posts: 4 New Member
    True! Among all the options still some real life behaviors are missing in the game.
  • comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    love it want it
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • FanPhoriaFanPhoria Posts: 1,655 Member
    Yes! You can go around and introduce everyone, but it often feels very bland. There's really no relationship for inlaws in the sims at all, which can be weird if you have a big family living together. If a married sim lives with their parents or siblings, and their spouse has a friendly relationship with their family, eventually someone'sgonna want to flirt, with no further dynamic of "this is my brother's girlfriend" or whatever. It'd be nice if there was some acknowledgement. We get that "happy to hear about your new boyfriend/girlfriend" text notification, but the sims never seem to actually be affected by that knowledge in game!
  • Briana2425Briana2425 Posts: 3,591 Member
    I want that boyfriend/girlfriend meets parents teen or YA.
    Fiance asks father/parent for hand in marriage.
    Reaction to someone getting engaged around them.
    Sympathy for someone when they lose a loved one like in Sims 3.
    Also what really bothers me when someone congratulates you on the promotion, girlfriend, engaged, all we say is ok instead of thank you.
  • Briana2425Briana2425 Posts: 3,591 Member
    edited October 2018
    Also I want my Sims to recgonize second cousins or first cousin once removed just put cousin I just want them to be related. I have a brother and sister Jeff and Lydia they went got married had kids Jeff had Jennifer and Lydia had Leah they recgonize each other as cousins they also got married and had kids so Jennifer had Lucy and Leah had Lyndsay but Lucy and Lyndsay do not recgonize each other as cousins which I really don't like at all. If that makes sense.
    By the way they are part of the Pleasant family and also my Profile pic Lucianna Burbon Aka Lucy Burb is the one in front and Lyndsay Pleasant-Vega.
  • MovottiMovotti Posts: 7,774 Member
    The thing that is needed, is first impressions, and the types of introduction should have an effect on how that sim is thereafter perceived.

A serious sim receiving a funny introduction may not have a very good first impression of that sim they're being introduced to, thus making any friendship between them difficult to form.

AmusingExhaustedArchaeopteryx-max-1mb.gif
  • SnaveXsSnaveXs Posts: 4,322 Member
    edited October 2018
    The game leaves a lot to the imagination but there are certain life scenarios that would be great to have as interactions. What if your Sim parent had their own hopes for their children lives, they could be selectable or random hopes at birth but as you play with the children. They don't always follow the parent hopes for who they date and stuff.