Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Is the MCCC Mod worth it?

Comments

• JestTruJestTru Posts: 1,761 Member
    Thanks for all suggestions. Been playing with it for a couple days now, there's a lot to figure out but i like that sims are getting married and progressing in the neihgborhood. I had the risky woohoo turned to 25% and my legacy fam is now prego with third child in their late adulthood which I didn't want to happen but here's to surprises. I quickly turned it back to 0. There is definitely alot to go through.
    WbUrFQm.png
  • AquaGamer1212AquaGamer1212 Posts: 5,417 Member
    LaBlue0314 wrote: »
    MCCC is a lifesaver, I’ve had it in my game for as long as I can remember. I have all the modules installed and they really do change your game. It has culling settings, allows you to change how many sims per household and per lot, story progression, etc. I really don’t think MCCC is missing anything besides maybe a finance module. But I don’t know how that would work within the mod truthfully.

It does have finances of sorts, at least where paying out child support is concerned. My sim's household earns over 24,000 semolians, because she is raising two children that are not her own. In other households, my sim had to pay out child support because someone else was raising his child.

Yea I know about the child support which is awesome. I meant a means of separating everyone’s funds, but I don’t know if that could even get incorporated.

I think Deaderpool is always open to suggestions and queries about things that could (or could not) be added to the mod. You could head on over to the MCCC Discord to ask him about it?

I asked in the community chat which channel would be best to ask on but I got ignored. I don’t wanna post in the wrong one, but I guess I’ll get ignored either way :(
    ts4_blossom_meadows_world_icon_gif_fan_art_by_hazzaplumbob-d.gif

• kalaksedkalaksed Posts: 2,643 Member
    i know, i know, late to the party, esp with the original poster apparently now using it. but wanted to chime in that i'm not really a fan of always having mods in my games (not just sims) but this is one that i periodically pick up just to do some adjustments of things (like turning my 'alien' butler into an actual alien. or fixing the relationships of a family that got borked when swapping between saves). i just wish there were a way to give sims specific careers through it like you can with relationships and skills

that said, once i take care of things like this, i pull the mod out again and play without it until something happens where i'll need it. there are exactly three mods that stay in my game, no matter what. and thankfully none of the three will likely need updates anymore (though i'd love if one did get one). those mods are 'nomosaic' (because i find the silly 'blur' more annoying than barbie doll anatomy), zerbu's more club icons (this is amazing. and the one i'd love to get upgraded to include stuff from newer packs) and 'showsiminfo' which is a great little thing that lets you see skills, hidden traits, jobs, sim ids and more as needed (it was amazing for figuring out what illnesses sick patients had when they walked in while playing a doctor. and helped me track all sorts of things down, like the fact that sims with bone names that weren't skeletons were actually the game-created family for the temple guardians. or that i randomly had two sets of the chalet ghosts)
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,575 Member
    Hello @kalaksed .
    The show/search Sims info mod does get updated, with new features. It may be best to make sure that you are using the latest version.
  • Emo-usagi2187Emo-usagi2187 Posts: 600 Member
    I also have mccc best for my game it help get rid unwanted sims like vampires or need someone age up same time has my sims. Or age down like my sims wedding bar tender passes away but a lady on the piano was just about do same i just saved her life. my sims life as well.
    [img][/img]48163509141_6d283a2fcb.jpg06-30-19_1-14-16 AM by Jeannita Szalai, on Flickr
  • smurfy77smurfy77 Posts: 1,250 Member
    After reading this I am going to have to try it too, would love some of my faves to have progression without me playing them, love this thread
  • LaBlue0314LaBlue0314 Posts: 17,436 Member
    edited September 2018
    smurfy77 wrote: »
    After reading this I am going to have to try it too, would love some of my faves to have progression without me playing them, love this thread

I would suggest when you do, make a copy of your save until you get it all figured out. Once, before I learned what I had done wrong, I had a population explosion, twins were being born in almost every pregnancy. I'm still not quite sure what to do with that game save, I don't have the heart to delete any of the children. The cool thing about the MCCC mod, once you get it all the way you want, it will carry over to all your game saves when you play them, so you don't have to adjust the setting unless there are some changes you want.
  • catitude5catitude5 Posts: 2,537 Member
    It's an absolute must, and it gets updated when needed.
  • tulipssimmertulipssimmer Posts: 89 Member
    Definitely get it. It has changed my game for the good, there is a ton of new sims with family stories that are great.
  • Familyvalues23Familyvalues23 Posts: 47 Member
    Where is the start a new thread button?
  • PinkPaws66PinkPaws66 Posts: 755 Member
    Where is the start a new thread button?

It's a pencil at the bottom.
  • Familyvalues23Familyvalues23 Posts: 47 Member
    Thanks
  • stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    MCCC is a lifesaver, I’ve had it in my game for as long as I can remember. I have all the modules installed and they really do change your game. It has culling settings, allows you to change how many sims per household and per lot, story progression, etc. I really don’t think MCCC is missing anything besides maybe a finance module. But I don’t know how that would work within the mod truthfully.

It does have finances of sorts, at least where paying out child support is concerned. My sim's household earns over 24,000 semolians, because she is raising two children that are not her own. In other households, my sim had to pay out child support because someone else was raising his child.

Yea I know about the child support which is awesome. I meant a means of separating everyone’s funds, but I don’t know if that could even get incorporated.

I don't think Deaderpool could do it on his own, but I wonder if it could be a possibility someday, since we can transfer funds between household and businesses (retail and restaurant). Some sort of interface where you can click on the household funds and see the breakdown. Maybe when you buy something for the house, the cost is split evenly (or as even as possible) between all the teen+ household members.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • loubyloulouloubyloulou Posts: 4,466 Member

I think Deaderpool is always open to suggestions and queries about things that could (or could not) be added to the mod. You could head on over to the MCCC Discord to ask him about it?

I asked in the community chat which channel would be best to ask on but I got ignored. I don’t wanna post in the wrong one, but I guess I’ll get ignored either way :(

That's a shame, they're normally more helpful... :/
  • SimpkinSimpkin Posts: 7,425 Member
    I don't like this mod. Too much. Plus the bill thing is messed up.
    The only good thing was that you were notified if someone moved and you could have other sims be pregnant and have babies but with everything else included, it's just not worth it. Too much, as I said.
    Seasons toggle button in build mode poll. Vote now please! :)
  • ZaszZasz Posts: 806 Member
    Without this mod my sims get addicted to drinking from the fridge even my vampires. They hardly have time for anything else. Its a must have for me.
    edited September 2018
    So not sure if this is a typical problem but one issue I'm running into is Autonomy on my sims. They get stuck and freeze instead of completing actions and I have to constantly use resetsim on them. Not sure if this is a familiar problem that anyone would know how to fix. If you have any suggestions please advise, I'm enjoying the mod as I love to see other sims having families and doing more in the worlds. But if I can't get this fixed gonna have to take the mod out of game till a new update is made. I don't have any other Mods or CC in game.
    WbUrFQm.png
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,575 Member
    leetamme wrote: »
    So not sure if this is a typical problem but one issue I'm running into is Autonomy on my sims. They get stuck and freeze instead of completing actions and I have to constantly use resetsim on them. Not sure if this is a familiar problem that anyone would know how to fix. If you have any suggestions please advise, I'm enjoying the mod as I love to see other sims having families and doing more in the worlds. But if I can't get this fixed gonna have to take the mod out of game till a new update is made. I don't have any other Mods or CC in game.

Hello
    This issue may not be caused by mods /cc. Try moving your whole mods folder to the desktop. Then start the game and test to see if that helps the issues. If the issue still remains, then it isn’t the mod that is the cause of the issue.
    There are some suggestions in the first post in this AHQ EA thread that may help
    https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/COLLECTION-THREAD-Autonomy-and-Simulation-Lag-Seasons-Patch/td-p/6918287
  • Bananas_45Bananas_45 Posts: 6,775 Member

Try deleting your cache folder, the cachestr folder, and the localthumbcache.package file. Sometimes when those files get bloated animations can back up. They are safe to delete and the game will generate new versions. If you are still having problems after that, try posting in the MCCC help thread. https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/913483/mc-command-center-local-help-chat-thread#latest
  • loubyloulouloubyloulou Posts: 4,466 Member

This issue isn't caused by MCCC. It's called simulation lag and it's a problem that's been around for a while now. The Devs are aware of it and we can only hope that they are looking for solutions.
  • BonxieBonxie Posts: 5,695 Member
    edited September 2018

Sorry for the late answer. The 'community chat' is what it says: a channel for all the players to leisurely chat about almost everything. Support team isn't always there, so if those who are present atm are not willing to answer, there is nothing you can do.

Those channels are for support - and there you will always get an answer:

For MCCC in detail:
    #mccc_help_links : MCCC Downloads, Documentation
    #mccc_support : MCCC Support, Suggestions

For all other game related issues:
    #lastexceptions_here : lastException.txt Files
    #general_support : Sims 4 Issues in general, mods, technical questions
    #bilingual_support : Non-English (Korean, Dutch, French, Russian, Spanish, Swedish, German and more)

...and of course the "you know what" channels for those modules and mods, we don't want to discuss here. :D
    Bonxie: Great Skua, stercorarius skua. Meet me on Fair Isle.
  • KeplerKepler Posts: 11 New Member
    I use it and I think it works greatly, specially for cheats. It helps you a lot when you need to fill your Sims' needs and you don't have the time to.
    I love the build cheats on it. But I had to uninstall it due to some issues. But hopefully when the next update version comes out I can put it back into the game. Thanks everyone for the advise.
    WbUrFQm.png
  • AdrianG001AdrianG001 Posts: 3 New Member
    I love MCCC. I haven't really done more than scratch the surface of it either, but it has opened up a whole new world of game play for me and I absolutely love it.

Regards,
    Adrian Gates