Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How many Sims do you generally play with in a household at the start?

Simple question, which is: How many Sims do you start with in your typical Sims game (on average)?

Are you somebody who begins with one Sim and then branches out into a legacy, or are you someone who makes an eight-person household and lets chaos ensue? Somewhere in the middle?

Comments

• pinneduphairpinneduphair Posts: 918 Member
    I almost always start with one sim, and branch out from there. Occasionally I'll start with two, but that's very rare. I think the last time I started a save with a complete family was over 10 years ago in The Sims 1. ...Maybe I need to vary my play style. :D
  • xingyicaicnxingyicaicn Posts: 170 Member
    I usually start with 1-2 sims, and let the family grow, or I sometimes decide a sim shall be single forever (poor sim). But once there are more than 5 sims (pets not included) in the household, I tend to abandon, as it becomes so hard to enjoy the actually gameplay without stressing myself out...
    H O P E H A S A P L A C E
  • LaBlue0314LaBlue0314 Posts: 17,436 Member
    Always one. The last time I started off with a couple was back in TS3 before they came out with the zodiac signs, I forget what it was called. After that part was added, my couples I created together, ended up not liking each other very long.
  • RionAgriasRionAgrias Posts: 305 Member
    I'll answer my own question.

I used to run quite the variety when I first bought the game (save glitch and all), which meant anywhere from 1 sim to 4-6 sims. Now, I either start with 1 or try using a 7 sim household that just causes chaos. I have an urge to micro-manage even though I probably shouldn't. It's probably because they path-finding and their choices on what to do is rather asinine without a push... or six-hundred.
  • x4m1r4x4m1r4 Posts: 3,901 Member
    One... :D And start 'hunting' for the spouse...
    OID:- x4m1r4
  • EricasFreePlayEricasFreePlay Posts: 849 Member
    I start with one Sim and send them to University to find their other half. After I move them back to the base neighborhood and move the future spouse in, I start over again. I used to go back and try to complete the families but that was before I had to get a new laptop.
  • layix3nglayix3ng Posts: 111 Member
    I started with one sim girl and focused on building her traits full, exploring careers and unlocks, completing most aspirations, etc. until I finally got kinda bored and decided to hunt for man (who was an NPC) who would then father her 2 kids.

Nowadays I just play random households and do their daily routine and build some skills for a couple days before switching to another household.
    *insert cool siggy here*
  • SassparellaSassparella Posts: 16 New Member
    I only started recently and had one Sim in the household, but I went up to 2 after a couple of hours once I was used to the controls.