Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Let's Discuss "Sims 5" Project: 06 NEW GAME MODES

Comments

• KaronKaron Posts: 2,332 Member
    Sjofn wrote: »
    Karon wrote: »
    Sjofn wrote: »
    See, I feel you need to do the reboot thing because they leave the stories open-ended. I think people who actually play the premades would feel more 'disrespected' if they advanced a timeline and oh , whatever they did with them gets completely invalidated.

@Sjofn what? no. hahaha i mean, someone might fell invalidated, but for us that like playing the premades we dont care that much. I am not expecting them to guess how i played the game, but for sure they should follow the masses.
    Lets take Eliza Pancakes as an example. THey created her, but neveri ntended her to act "evil" like most simmers see her. Then, they would take that and expand upon it in the next game, you know? Maybe Bob's depression made him go bankrupt, and then Eliza divorced him. Bob know lives with a teenage son in a trailer park or something.
    Thats not impossible for them to do. I do not have the right to speak for all simmers who play with the premades, but in my case I would be more curious to know how they "evolved" the history of the premades than I would be angry.

I find people, when they create their narrative, HATE when a game company goes, "Actually, no, this is what really happened." Multiple timelines avoid that. I never felt TS2 really followed *directly* off TS1, and TS3 was its own thing like TS4 is.

I'd prefer TS5 leave the memories alone, basically. I want the more popular premades in (I don't really play them directly, but they're often major players in my stories, sometimes even marrying in and such), but I don't love the idea of dictating what course they took in what's supposed to be the same timeline or whatever.

Just to point that here: we kinda already had a sim-game more than one time that told what happened to The Sims 2 characters.

The Sims 2 PSP shows us life after Strangetown. This game even reveals that Strangetown's Bella Goth was intendeed to be the original Bella Goth. In the beginning of the game we get to know her, she probably remembered who she was, she remembered thay she was kidnapped by aliens and she desperatly got back to her family even selling her Strangetown house to the player.
    In Sims 3 Riverview we learn what happened to Don Lothario. Probably after being caught cheating on the Hot, they used their alien contacts to get a time machine. So to send him back to the past as punishment.
    In Sims 3 Barnacle Bay we learn that the Caliente sisters plan to get the Goths money didnt work out and they had to run away from Pleasantview.
    In Sims 3 for Nintendo DS we can find what happened to the Altos, the Landgraabs and the Goths. Alexander married a woman called Cecilia, which seems to be dating Don Alto who married for money to a black girl named Holly Alto (in sims 3 we have many Alto families in different worlds, some of them had darker skin in the worlds made to be in the more recent timeline). We also meet Malcolm Landgraab V, son of Malcolm Landgraab IV from Bluewater Village.
    There is no reason for someone to be mad with the devs for developing their characters. I have played them many times, always making something different, and watching youtubers playing the premades i realized that i am not the only one who follow different paths more than one time to see what happens. You understand? Maybe thats how most simmers play with premades... To see what happens... To see how kids look... To make the poor get rich, the rich get poor, the good turn bad, the bad turn to good... etc...
  • Nikkei_SimmerNikkei_Simmer Posts: 9,404 Member
    edited October 2018
    Sigzy05 wrote: »
    Don't click the spoiler :s
    LkEZkMP.png?1

And they said TS4 had better facial expressions than TS3....

Oh, dear God, @Sigzy05. I clicked the spoiler without thinking. Can't unsee! Eye-bleach...where is it?!!
    This weeks theme is Premade Families. Which premade families from SIms 1/2/3 do you miss? Do you miss SIms 2 pre-scripted events and want to see it in Sims 5? Which Sims 4 premade families would you like to see in Sims 5? Do you care about premade sims? How you felt about the rebooted timeline? What you want to see in Sims 5, the classic timeline or the rebooted one? Or what?

I want the McIrish family back -
    Screenshot-111.jpg
    I've never really played with any other pre-made family other than the Single Mom's household in TS3.

As far as TS4 - I have no idea but Bob Pancakes needs to be in there. That's the only sim I know from that iteration of the Sims.

And I'd want to see the classic timeline for TS5, not some AU (alternate universe timeline).

The other thing with regards to story telling is that I don't want to be "guided by the hand" in "accomplishing tasks". Allow me the freedom to play as in a sandbox. Let me tell my own stories. Allow me the freedom to create my own world within the world that has been laid out.

Most TS3 players matched up River with Ethan or Parker. I chose completely different and matched her up with my own creation. The "things to do" just went along with the story line...and as far as I was concerned they lived a happy life...until... (they were involved in a motor vehicle accident...(cut brake line).) both passed on from fatal injuries sustained.

Screenshot-71.jpg

I don't want to be told "You do this...this and this...to get from point A in the game to Point B." I'll blaze my own trail, thank you very much.

I also enjoy taking screencaps in TS3...because the attempt at realism brought it to the point where I could actually believe that I was out with MY camera in hand (something I haven't been able to do for over two years now), capturing an image of landscapes (something that I used to do for a living).

Screenshot-7_SEP1_10-18-2018.jpg
    Because of the stylized graphics. I can't do that in TS4.

As I said in another thread. I wouldn't mind if TS5 went in the direction of Tomb Raider: Temple of Osiris.
    default.jpg
    or even Tomb Raider Underworld
    Tomb_Raider_Underworld_Rain_Pistols_Lara_Croft_534165_2048x2732.jpg

Realistic but not so realistic that it would turn into "uncanny valley" for those who believe in that sort of thing. I'm not a believer of the "uncanny valley" theory. If it looks practically lifelike...I don't care. Call me weird, but to me it's just a "sim..." I still could drop a meteor on 'em, watch 'em catch fire...etc, get run over by a truck. :mrgreen: but then again, that's just me. >:) I know...they should lock me up and run experiments on me to see what makes me tick. For me it's the attachment that I feel to a particular sim and/or sim-family.

Yeah... I was broken hearted about this:

Screenshot-89-blood.jpg
    ...and I set the whole thing up...

Sorry, I don't believe in the whole "uncanny valley" thing.
    Post edited by Nikkei_Simmer on
    GYZ6Ak9.png
    Always "River McIrish" ...and maybe some Bebe Hart. ~innocent expression~
    edited October 2018
    @Nikkei_Simmer stay away from my sims!!!! O.O

hahahahaa

jokes apart... when i meant like "storytelling tools" i was meaning like in Sims 2, when you first played some houses and some things would happen... things that match their backstory. But, obviously, you can avoid them. Also, i would like to see that included in the world creator tool, imagine the possibilities of you creating a world, all the sims that live in it, and then setting up the stage for the play... Would be cool!

Also, sorry guys, for not coming up with a new topic. Tomorrow i have a really important test i have been studying for a while, i promise i'll be fully back!
    edited October 2018
    06 NEW GAME MODES
    This weeks theme is "Game Modes". Since the first game of the franchise we have always had the same and unique freeplay game mode. Sims 3 mixed freeplay with an RPG aspect, while most of the console games before The Sims 4 had a Mission game mode. The Sims Medieval then choose to focus solely on the RPG aspect.Also, during Sims 2 life cycle we had a trilogy series called Stories were we had a freeplay mode and a story mode were we could play the lives of premade sims. We are living in an era were games like The Walking Dead and Life is Strange that have a RPG/episodic series are mainstream. We should point as well The Sims Online, which had only the Online feature, and The Sims 4, which was previously and attempt to be a online game, feature which was abandoned after the failure of the last game of the SimCity franchise. Would you like new game modes as a side feature (without affecting the classical form that we always freeplayed the series)? There are other game modes that you would like to see introduced in the series? Should they ever try to introduce online again? What about the Story mode aspect? Would you like to be able to create and share your own stories, and be able to play premade stories and other players stories?
    maxresdefault.jpg

Back in July i was in a nostalgic moment towards The Sims Stories (mostly Life Stories) and then i posted a poll about that here:https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/16792307#Comment_16792307
    In this poll i asked if you guys wanted to have that in a future game in the franchise, or not. You can go there and vote if you want, i am going to pretty much copy what i said there in here.
    But, about other game modes. I have to say that i never played any Sims Online, so i dont know how i would feel about it, but pretty much... I estimate a lot more my free mode of playing The Sims than toher modes, so I would not like to see other modes affecting my game as the attempt to create an online game has negatively affected the development of The Sims 4. I dont want to see Sims 5 with lootboxes and mobile-lie gameplay. Leave the mobile stuff for the mobile devices. But, maybe an online feature as a side thing would be inetersting if it didnt afected negatively how the outcome of The Sims 5 should be.
    I saw an VR mode in The Sims freeplay the other day, but again... Side thing is ok, main thing is not.
    The RPG game mode... Not sure. I played The Sims Medieval and it got boring after some time, i just wanted to build castles and buy pet dragons, but the game was to strict to me, but i used to like the rpg mixed with freeplay we had in Sims 3, but i dont know how the najority of simmers felt about that (for me its better than the task boxes in The Sims 4).
    And, then... Here is what i said about Story Mode in Sims franchise:
    So, i was remembering the Life Stories/Pet Stories/Castaway Stories from The Sims 2 age, and... they were cool. I mean, i love to play freely as i want, dont get me wrong, i am not saying that i want it to change the entire game, but i would love a side feature called Story Mode.
    How would it work?
    Story mode would be something optional, not forced. Many games have story modes and freeplay modes, they can coexist without excluding the freedom that is in The Sims that we've always played.
    Since we are in the fourth generation, think about when you open The Sims 4. The first screen is the play button, the new game button and the load game button. Alongside those buttons would be the Story Mode button. The basegame would come with the Oasis Springs, Willow Creek and Newcrest in the Freeplay Mode as it is.
    Imagine that in the Story Mode there was Riley's Story and the Four Corners neighborhood (as an example). For those players who would enjoy a challenge, they would unlock the Four Corners for the Freeplay Mode when they finished Riley Story (and maybe a couple of objects or so). And, for those who would complain that they payed for something they are not using cuz EA made it difficult and they dont like the Story Mode, there would be a cheat to unlock the towns from the Story Mode.
    Each expansion pack, stuff pack and game pack would come with something. Maybe all of them would come with neighborhoods, which would be cool. Even if it was small like Forgotten Hollow, you would get a gift for finishing the story you choosed.
    I would love that, what about you guys?
    When i think about they implementing this in the actual sims game, instead of just creating a separate game, is that i am thinking that we could also use the stuff they add from the story mode in our normal gameplay. A Castaway Story Pack would be really usefull to create beach themed lots in the game. Imagine if every expansion pack/game pack/stuff pack added a new story for us to play... Would be amazing!

You could play premade stories, but you could also create your own and share them in the gallery, just like we can sahre houses, sims and families.
    ______
    @Matthia @Scarbo27 @Scorpina2009 @kalaksed @drakharis @NRowe @RedDestiny92 @citysimmer @WildIrishBanshee @Kita5399 @LolaLuvsSims @llane83 @leetamme @deskita @MaggieMarley @Oldeseadogge @littlemissgogo @paradiseplanet @LaBlue0314 @afai1261 @citysimmer @Magdaleena @Doons99P @Cinebar @Finbar659 @joseiloaizach @EricasFreePlay @jaqsre @rosemow @pronterus @Rflong7 @BreeMiles @JC1979 @duhboy2u2 @Oldeseadogge @March306 @HillyBeth @BossLady0309 @Shadow_Assassin @Hesreal2me @Simmerville @LolaLuvsSims @Lianuh1104 @Elegantblkchina1 @mika @SarahsShady @Simsister2004 @Bloosmoo @AHolyToilet @wrenstales @Felicity1169 @XHails_HaileyX @techblogger911 @Simanthropy @Bessieboo
  • LolaLuvsSimsLolaLuvsSims Posts: 1,826 Member
    I don't know what this is all about did I participate in this conversation at some point @Karon
  • CharliecheesenurgersCharliecheesenurgers Posts: 3,673 Member
    I don’t really care about game modes. It’s all fun to me.
    Come Join our mafia games in the off-topic chat! https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/930404/mafia-masterlist#latest
    It's a lot of fun!
    @LolaLuvsSims I usually tag people who have contributed to this discussion previously, or else people that I believe would have interest in participating. You do not have to be a part, but you can contribute. You do not necessarily have to reread everything and comment each topic, you can start from the last theme I proposed, but if you have the time and interest you can add your thoughts to the previous themes as well as suggest new themes.
  • paradiseplanetparadiseplanet Posts: 4,421 Member
    Yikes, I'm not sure I would even like some kind of multiplayer online aspect to the Sims PC, since I briefly played a Sims game like that on Facebook for like a couple months and never returned. I'm not even sure the RPG stuff would interest me much either, since I'm so used to the freedom of my play and the making of my own stories already, and I prefer them better. If I could make my own story content for myself to play through in an RPG format in a potential Sims 5, then maybe sure.
    Origin ID: paradiseplanet27
    tumblr_ojq4r339Ni1usy5rpo1_100.png
  • OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 4,973 Member
    Don't even know what an Iggy is.
    @Oldseadigge Iggy Pancakes is the son of Eliza and Bob Pancakes. He starts off as a toddler was uploaded to the gallery by Maxis after the toddlers patch.

Thank you. Definitely an artificial construct by some dev that didn't bother playing them. When I first got the game tried playing that household out of curiosity. Wasn't a full day before Eliza caught him cheating on her down stairs in the hall, had an understandable hissy fit, and tossed the bum out. Hardly a situation conducive to baby making.
    Some general comments from plowing through this topic: Sliders as part of CAS, the current exclusive reliance on push-pull just doesn't work for me in getting detail adjustments, whereas in TS2 the sliders did. Also enable right clicking on other faces to blend features. TS2 not only had way more base faces (27), but each one could be right clicked up to 10 times. That gives you for any given face 260 variations before you get to any of the other tools. Fully agree with lots of terrain tools, including the TS2 ability to even modify the world in world view. Sorry, but the TS4 version for falling asleep/being vampire bitten just does not cut it. When one falls to the ground one is in a full horizontal position, not a Z form. Can't have too many small details. Attention to those is one of the big things that makes TS2 so great so many years later and those sims so relatable to. To borrow from the old business canard: gameplay, gameplay, gameplay! Fancy worlds are nice, but if the sims don't have lots to do and various ways of doing those lots, what's the point of doing Sims? Not to get in on the game/computer fracas, but TS5 - if it happens - is several years away. Lots of time for computers to continue evolving. Would not be surprised if the 'low end' machine then is today's 'high', so please draw in claws and sheath fangs. Sim appearance: somewhere in the middle, please. Some of those shots of possibles look way too real, too much like real people, not enough like how they have so far. Restoration of the screenshots being tied to the households with adequate caption space, as in TS1 & 2. Provision of lots of toggles, the biggies being aging, story progression, & time progression. One theme that keeps coming out is for players to decide how the game does things, not EA.
  • LoverGal623LoverGal623 Posts: 47 Member
    I would like to see a multiplayer mode, but not an MMO. Like I want to be able to invite my sister online to come to live in my neighborhood and the two of us actively do stuff with our Sims without other real people. It would also be cool to maybe see some of the popular fan-made challenges become game modes/challenges.
    I would like to see a multiplayer mode, but not an MMO. Like I want to be able to invite my sister online to come to live in my neighborhood and the two of us actively do stuff with our Sims without other real people. It would also be cool to maybe see some of the popular fan-made challenges become game modes/challenges.

@LoverGal623 Your multiplayer idea seems really cool. And, hm, the fan-made challenges could become a thing if the implemented a achivement system were you can edit it, you could also adress if the achievements unlock objects/lots/community lots types/worlds and stuff like that. Would be interesting to see that just like fan-made stories.
    Multiplayer, isn't that what Sims Mobile and Freeplay are for? As for the theoretical TS5, a solid single player game for PC/Mac like 1-3, no replaying the current fiasco. It should be based on what we all know works (TS2 & goo parts of 3), and complete with all the elements a proper base game should have. No rushed jobs, please. It would really help if they did what American companies are loathe to do, think long term and plan accordingly, look ahead towards the end of the production run and the likely demands on the game engine then, not just the quickie short term sell.
  • Quintina85Quintina85 Posts: 77 Member
    As far as modes go I would love to have:
    Full Household Mode- This is the traditional sims mode where I can play the entire household.
    Single Household Mod- My sim can still get married and have kids and they all live together, but, I don't have to play them if I don't want to. They will move on their own without me having to control them or be responsible for them. Kinda like the roommate feature in sims 3. Feature can be turned off and on.
  • CharliecheesenurgersCharliecheesenurgers Posts: 3,673 Member
    Quintina85 wrote: »
    Full Household Mode- This is the traditional sims mode where I can play the entire household.
    Single Household Mod- My sim can still get married and have kids and they all live together, but, I don't have to play them if I don't want to. They will move on their own without me having to control them or be responsible for them. Kinda like the roommate feature in sims 3. Feature can be turned off and on.

THAT is cool.
    Come Join our mafia games in the off-topic chat! https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/930404/mafia-masterlist#latest
    It's a lot of fun!
    Quintina85 wrote: »

Yes, indeed thats interesting, but at the same time would be scary if it messed with the game in a negative way. Not sure how negatively it would impact The Sims, but its a good option for those who want it in the game. I would probably try it out!
  • SupaStarManSupaStarMan Posts: 1 New Member
    Sims 5 is never gonna happen.
    make it yourselves or go back to Sims 3.
    Sims 5 is never gonna happen.
    make it yourselves or go back to Sims 3.

Not sure why your saying that so rudely @SupaStarMan, but there have been lots of hints that Sims 5 is already being produced. I think its going to be announced in 2021 or closer to that.
  • susannesimssusannesims Posts: 128 Member
    The world maps idea is really cool! I want to do more ideas on that.

I cant post pictures yet, so have to explain this by words: You could have neighbourhoods, which are open world, towns and town viewer which updates with what buildings you place, and then also the world viewer. (Which is what I want to talk about=

The world viewer can simply be an above bird-view map where you can see cartoonified version of the towns (maybe generated for buildings on specific lots or just pre-made, who knows), and have the ability to travel with train. Then you can, still in birds-eye-view, see the train move across the forest for example. Maybe they could add an animation that make the trees move a bit from the wind of the train.

The world map could be westeros-like, colder up north, warmer and desert in the south. Two base-game towns could be in a foresty-place and in a desert place, and seasons expansion could be in cold area for example. It would be cool if the cold area had melting ice-bergs and you could do climate-missions n stuff.

They could add some small easter eggs in a lot of places, maybe just a pretty waterfall somewhere with a challenge story from a small GP, or a fishing pond that helps with an ambition. Maybe the trains could break down on and you have to take the lead, or camp in the forest. For halloween for example they could make a small spooky place for example, limited to the holiday.

When new expansion packs are made, towns slowly start appearing in the map, like one building at a time. You can only go there if you have the expansion. It wouldnt look so annoying for new users since you have to move the map around, and theres no ugly lock on it. It simply targets your curiosity
  • susannesimssusannesims Posts: 128 Member
    I also think the game should be more mission-based than in previous. I L O V E sims4 emotions, and its really cool, but for sims 5 we need something different. Missions would be really cool, where you for example want to save the climate and do so with MULTIPLE sims of different careers like botanic, politician, scientist, teacher, or have to get a cure for some illness and you need doctors, botanics, scientists, curators, try to fix a bullying problem at a school and talk to sims in the neighbourhood and have to have teacher sims, doctors (but for psychology), comedians, save a town from an evil scientist etc... Huge missions to fix problems in the world, town, neighbourhoods, schools. Ea could give new missions with patches, holidays as well as in DLC.

ANd these missions arent like life-goal-based play. They need a whole legacy of sims to finish, thats how hard some of them should be. So different levels could be cool, where lvl1 is something thats a bit like a smaller challenge or an easy aspiration (like fixing a bullying problem), lvl2 takes a whole sim life if you focus (like saving the town from the evil scientist), lvl3 takes many generations or household rotation play (like finding miracle cure or saving the planet)
  • nerdfashionnerdfashion Posts: 5,947 Member
    I'd rather have something like what we have in The Sims 4, but with huge worlds and the 25 "neighborhoods" that you suggested.
    funny-gifs20.gif

@susannesims Cool ideas!
    I also think the game should be more mission-based than in previous. I L O V E sims4 emotions, and its really cool, but for sims 5 we need something different. Missions would be really cool, where you for example want to save the climate and do so with MULTIPLE sims of different careers like botanic, politician, scientist, teacher, or have to get a cure for some illness and you need doctors, botanics, scientists, curators, try to fix a bullying problem at a school and talk to sims in the neighbourhood and have to have teacher sims, doctors (but for psychology), comedians, save a town from an evil scientist etc... Huge missions to fix problems in the world, town, neighbourhoods, schools. Ea could give new missions with patches, holidays as well as in DLC.

ANd these missions arent like life-goal-based play. They need a whole legacy of sims to finish, thats how hard some of them should be. So different levels could be cool, where lvl1 is something thats a bit like a smaller challenge or an easy aspiration (like fixing a bullying problem), lvl2 takes a whole sim life if you focus (like saving the town from the evil scientist), lvl3 takes many generations or household rotation play (like finding miracle cure or saving the planet)

Those misions you're talking about are like the strangerville "defeat the plant-monster" and the conservationist career from Island Living?!
    @nerdfashion In cities skylines we have a feature were we can drawn where we want districts and set things for them, maybe it could be like that, and then, like we have personality traits and house traits, they could add an option to set district traits.
  • AHolyToiletAHolyToilet Posts: 870 Member
    Just a question. Would the devs even listen to their fanbases ideas on the next iteration of The Sims and actually have them implemented?
    Just a question. Would the devs even listen to their fanbases ideas on the next iteration of The Sims and actually have them implemented?

@AHolyToilet There is no way to say for sure that they are listening to us because they do not comment on our discussions, but I realized that in this new phase of The Sims 4 they are listening to us more. Like when we complained about the lack of toddlers, pools, terrain tools and cars, Or when we complained that Willow Creek and Oasis Springs were very small and they added Newcrest ... I would love if they showed up in our posts to tell us that our ideas are interesting, but i also understand that many simmers would start thinking that they ARE going to add every idea we give to them. They can't make promises to us, but i am pretty sure some of the SimGurus have read what we wrote here about Sims 5, don't feel afraid to share your ideas, you never know who'll be reading them in the future.