Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Skills

What is your favorite skill or skills to max out for your sims, regardless of what they need?

I make sure they max out the cooking skill so they have a variety of meals to choose from. Also, logic.

what about you?

Comments

• Options
    blazerntqblazerntq Posts: 2,409 Member
    I am so very lame and have never maxed out a skill for my sims before.
  • Options
    CharlottesmomCharlottesmom Posts: 7,015 Member
  • Options
    bekkasanbekkasan Posts: 10,171 Member
    Photography and painting.

Martial Arts and handiness.

Gardening, cooking and alchemy.
  • Options
    LaBlue0314LaBlue0314 Posts: 17,436 Member
    Like cooking, there are some skills that I too like to max out. Now, this is not the case for every sim, but only a certain type of sim, such as the one I'm playing now. The sim I'm playing now started out as human and has an LW wish to get to the top of the Law Enforcement Career. She basically loves to learn as much as she can. As a result, she found a way to become a witch. With this type of sim, these are the skills that I love to max out;
    Alchemy
    Cooking
    Gardening - well at least up to 7
    Spell Casting (hidden)
    Science - this way she can clone the creatures instead of killing them for her potions

If I'm just playing your regular everyday sim then it would only be
    Cooking, and Gardening They kind of go hand in hand.
  • Options
    gingerale0811gingerale0811 Posts: 35 Member
    Painting
  • Options
    igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    edited October 2018
    So many to choose from. The following are essential and all are hidden skills.

Bowling
    Darts
    Pinball
    Skee Ball
    Video Games
    Shuffleboard
    Foosball
    Pool (Billiards, not the swimming kind)
    Table Tennis

Are any others really required? Charisma maybe, not hidden, but it just sort of happens by itself once my sims get past the Level 1 hurdle.
    Post edited by igazor on
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • Options
    lisasc360lisasc360 Posts: 19,284 Member
    I like having my SS doing painting as I like to be artistic in rl even though I don't really paint myself but do love crafts and such. So now my SS has maxed out her painting and trying to work on her photography skill... :)
  • Options
    SimplyJenSimplyJen Posts: 14,828 Member
    edited October 2018
    Cooking and Handiness... I designate a sim or two to these skills so they can keep leftovers stocked and repair/upgrade objects for the household.

Sometimes I have live-in help not related to the family. Often helping out as a nanny and/or gardener too.
    tumblr_p86jnjMSDY1ssiu0eo1_1280.png
    i7-13700K • 16GB • RTX 4070
    S3 simblr: http://simplysimming.tumblr.com/
    S4 simblr: http://simlogic.tumblr.com/
  • Options
    TadOlsonTadOlson Posts: 11,380 Member
    I have my sims learning skills online from smart phones,computers and iPads as they often have all of the above and I use a Mod to make that option available from MTS.I have sims who master most skills and some who might not be nearly as skilled because they focus on other things more and I play my entire towns.
    44620367775_0442f830c1_n.jpg
  • Options
    MikezumiMikezumi Posts: 49,697 Member
    Cooking, fishing and gardening are the main ones for me although they do max other skills depending on their LTW or personalities during their lives.
  • Options
    becks1112becks1112 Posts: 919 Member
    Depends on the sim. I don't really have a go to.
  • Options
    GoulsquashGoulsquash Posts: 715 Member
    Usually someone in my household maxes out handiness just on fixing things alone.

Most max out social networking because its the easiest way to maintain friendships on busy days.

The rest depend on wants, hobbies, and what I think theyd like.
    My Blog - Currently updating Aurora Skies!
  • Options
    Nikkei_SimmerNikkei_Simmer Posts: 9,427 Member
    edited October 2018
    I max out cooking (Sims gotta eat); gardening AND handiness. Sims get really unhappy if their toilet or sink goes kablooey.

Edit:

If I'm playing Haruo, I always give him Level 7 piano with NRAAS straight off the bat. Since he's my simself - I used to play Grade 10 Royal Conservatory of Music in piano - the thing is that if I picked it up again (if I can find a keyboard (a proper 88-key keyboard with weighted keys) - if I win the Lotto Max, I'm getting a 9 foot concert grand (still trying to decide between a Bosendorfer or a Steinway - I just love the rich tones that come out of the Bosendorfer...Steinways are slightly brighter, more suited to "classical/romantic genre keyboard pieces" and Yamaha is a bit TOO bright for my liking. AND an Italian (tempered) harpsichord (tuned to A415 - Baroque tuning :mrgreen: )), give or take a few months of straight practice, I'd be able to pick up at least to Grade 6 level RCM with three hours of practice a day, some of the Bach and Beethoven pieces in Sims, I've actually performed in recitals my teacher threw...) - the rest of the skills he learns. But piano is the one thing that I know he should have...straight off.

The reason I want a Bosey... :D The tone is rich and gorgeous, especially when playing Bach...
    https://youtu.be/ijPA8O1Wvj4 (Andrea Bacchetti playing Chromatic Fantasia by J.S. Bach
    from Bosendorfer Official.
    Post edited by Nikkei_Simmer on
    GYZ6Ak9.png
    Always "River McIrish" ...and maybe some Bebe Hart. ~innocent expression~
  • Options
    TinySpaceFoxTinySpaceFox Posts: 1,110 Member
    My Sims tend to max out cooking, but not always because I want them to. They just cook meals on a daily basis, so they regularly advance in the skill and eventually max it out. Gardening is my go-to skill for making money, so quite a few of my Sims over the years have maxed that out too.

Painting is another money-making skill for me, but I just love having my Sims advance in the skill because of all the wonderful pictures they can paint (especially with this painting replacement mod I use).
    TE5DnuF.jpg

Martial arts is just plain fun to watch!
    9JHgsYw.jpg

But my absolute favourite skills to max out are the instrument skills. I could watch my Sims play all day. :)
    0z8VjuY.jpg
  • Options
    JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    Virtuoso. I just really love them making music in the game and I also like how they tend to do that autonomously.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    AuroraskiesAuroraskies Posts: 1,834 Member
    Charisma, I like sims to socialize. And with matching trait charismatic and trait ambitious upon that the LTR is a really nice add. The animations for when sims learn to handle objects like the roller skate ring are so cute that they max it out quickly just because I like watching them.
  • Options
    puzzlezaddictpuzzlezaddict Posts: 1,877 Member
    edited October 2018
    In almost every house I play, sooner or later someone has mastered cooking, gardening, and handiness, although of course not always the same sim. Some kid or another always ends up maxing out fishing—I love the scenery as they run all over the map trying to catch the less common fish. Another sibling might stay at home more and pursue logic, and some other kid painting. Most of my sims end up mastering two or three skills, aside from their other pursuits, so any save that runs long enough will probably involve maxing out most skills at least once.

I max out cooking (Sims gotta eat); gardening AND handiness.

@Nikkei_Simmer But apparently not driving.

What, too soon?
  • Options
    Nikkei_SimmerNikkei_Simmer Posts: 9,427 Member
    I max out cooking (Sims gotta eat); gardening AND handiness.

@Nikkei_Simmer But apparently not driving.

What, too soon?

Yer pushin' it. >:):D:p
    GYZ6Ak9.png
    Always "River McIrish" ...and maybe some Bebe Hart. ~innocent expression~
  • Options
    MikezumiMikezumi Posts: 49,697 Member
    edited October 2018
    All my toddlers max the xylophone and peg box skills and children all max the block table and child oven skills.
  • Options
    FrigidChickFrigidChick Posts: 59 Member
    Whenever I create a new household, I make sure all of my sims have maxed out Cooking so they don't set themselves on fire. With the NRAAS mod, I also max out Martial Arts, so they can survive the Story Progression scenarios.
  • Options
    nickibitswardnickibitsward Posts: 3,115 Member
    I do all the normal ones. I am obsessed with my Sims having all their skills maxed out (except the hidden ones, I don't pay much attention to those - I tried the ballet one and the game kept crashing every time I had my Sim use the barre so that was enough of that).