Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Is the November patch going to impact hair and clothing CC?

JesseJayJesseJay Posts: 300 Member
edited October 2018 in General Mods Discussion
I read that the November patch is updating the game and is going to break all script mods.But all the hair and clothing CC should still work okay though?

Comments

• Bananas_45Bananas_45 Posts: 6,778 Member
    edited October 2018
    That is what the SimsGuruSquad have said. When the patch does come there will be a thread in the Gameplay Mods section that will keep track of all the broken/updated items.
  • JesseJayJesseJay Posts: 300 Member
    Thank-you! I like to go through all my CC before a new expansion comes out to clear clutter and I don't want to waste time going through my hair and clothes if they are gonna end up not working anyway. But since it's looking like they wont be affected I will. Thanks!
  • loubyloulouloubyloulou Posts: 4,466 Member
    They've specified that the Python upgrade will only affect script mods. However, there's no guarantee that other elements of the patch won't break other things, cc included, particularly if this is the pre-EP patch.
  • SimsILikeSimsSimsILikeSims Posts: 1,634 Member
    Unless a new category of clothing is added, for example, TS1 Superstar had "Fame" clothes, probably the hair and clothes will still work. However, there is never any guarantee of anything - bugs happen.
    I have been playing The Sims since 2001, when Livin Large came out. My avatar deliberately looks like Chris Roomies from TS1.
  • BonxieBonxie Posts: 5,695 Member
    Unless a new category of clothing is added, for example, TS1 Superstar had "Fame" clothes, probably the hair and clothes will still work. However, there is never any guarantee of anything - bugs happen.

Yeah - completely agree. But we were lucky with seasons: two new clothing categories and only minor damage (also thanks to S4S).
    Bonxie: Great Skua, stercorarius skua. Meet me on Fair Isle.