Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

*RESOLVED* MCCC Birth notifications - include father?

Lianuh1104Lianuh1104 Posts: 142 Member
edited October 2018 in General Mods Discussion
I've recently added this mod to my game and I love the notifications when a baby is born in the neighborhood. I set it so that I get the option to name it, but I have a few things I haven't seen settings to change -- can I choose which parent's last name it auto-generates, and can I see who the father is?
I realized 3 babies were born to a spare from my legacy and I didn't even know it!
Post edited by Lianuh1104 on

Comments

• rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,567 Member
    Hello
    This setting may help you
    MC Pregnancy > Offspring > Rename Non-Active Offspring
    Setting this to 'Included Played Households' will display the baby naming dialog for any babies born to a played Sim in addition to the active household. Setting it to 'Related to Active Household' will show the baby naming dialog for any babies born to Sims related to an active Sim or if the baby itself is the offspring of an NPC and an active Sim. Setting it to 'All' will display the baby-naming dialog for any Sim delivery a baby in the world. 'Include Active Sims Only' is the default and the way naming of offspring works in the default game.

https://deaderpool-mccc.com/#/doc/mc_pregnancy
  • Lianuh1104Lianuh1104 Posts: 142 Member
    Yeah, I have the "All" setting on, but it only tells me who the mother is :/
    There must not be a setting for what I was looking for. Thanks anyways @rosemow!
  • ClassicalSimClassicalSim Posts: 1,535 Member
    edited October 2018
    Lianuh1104 wrote: »
    Yeah, I have the "All" setting on, but it only tells me who the mother is :/
    There must not be a setting for what I was looking for. Thanks anyways @rosemow!

I don't usually play with families so it might not be possible, but could you look at the family tree of the mother to see who the father is of her babies?
    @ClassicalSim yeah, i'm just being picky about it, lol. I tend to follow themes for babies in the legacy family (and want them to have the legacy last name as well, for easy identification), the others are whatever. So if I mess up a name, I have to wait until the baby ages up to a toddler, then switch households and edit their name in CAS. Not a big deal, just kinda annoying.

I remember having a similar mod in TS3, and it would tell you who both parents are when it popped up to select a name... i liked that, lol.
  • loubyloulouloubyloulou Posts: 4,466 Member
    You can enable notifications to show you who gets pregnant by whom - have you got that set up? Then you can keep track of the baby daddies.
    You can enable notifications to show you who gets pregnant by whom - have you got that set up? Then you can keep track of the baby daddies.

Ahhh really? Where is that setting I couldn't find it!
  • BonxieBonxie Posts: 5,694 Member

Computer:MCCC > MC Pregnancy > Other Pregnancy > Notification Settings > Show Pregnancy Notifications
    and related to this
    Computer:MCCC > MC Pregnancy > Other Pregnancy > Notification Settings > Show Birth Notifications
    Bonxie: Great Skua, stercorarius skua. Meet me on Fair Isle.
  • loubyloulouloubyloulou Posts: 4,466 Member

It's in MCCC Pregnancy > Other Pregnancy > Notification Settings > Show Pregnancy Notifications > [and then choose which ones you want - I have mine set to 'All']
    @loubyloulou and @Bonxie you both rock! thank you so much!!