Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Reading Circles - For All Games!

Comments

• friendsfan367friendsfan367 Posts: 29,362 Member
    edited April 2018
    CathyTea wrote: »
    Thanks for your assistance, @friendsfan367.

no problem. your welcome.

Thanks, you two! I've added this! :)

your welcome. i figured if people need your help they could go through me because theres no telling how

many pms you would have otherwise. :)

corrected because i'm not in the dark anymore so now the m is where it should be.
    Post edited by friendsfan367 on
  • AdamsEve1231AdamsEve1231 Posts: 7,035 Member
    Thank you, @CathyTea and @friendsfan367.
    With these forums closing down, stay connected.

Find me elsewhere:
    My EA App ID: livinasimminlife
    Livin' A Simmin' Life Stories
    My Worldbuilding Blog
    Simblr
    My Sims Pinterest
  • ninaumininaumi Posts: 363 Member
    I need something like a reading circle, that would suit me, to start off strong with this legacy, to keep each others accountable (10 generations is a pretty long time-frame), and to discuss our writing, and everything else tied to the process of bringing our writing out in public, and even the way we play the legacy in-game. I would prefer keeping score of the challenge, but not for a competition, too. There could be collaborations, well a lot of fun, in every possible way a member wants it to have.

This is what I've written on The Fringe thread. I hope that there are people who want the same stuff. Requirement would be being on the Generation 1, so we all could be on the same page. I would like it to contain 6 participants max. If someone wants to join, feel free to tell me, and suggest a name, because I have no idea how I would name the circle. :lol:
  • LuclyluLuclylu Posts: 437 Member
    edited July 2018
    ninaumi wrote: »
    I need something like a reading circle, that would suit me, to start off strong with this legacy, to keep each others accountable (10 generations is a pretty long time-frame), and to discuss our writing, and everything else tied to the process of bringing our writing out in public, and even the way we play the legacy in-game. I would prefer keeping score of the challenge, but not for a competition, too. There could be collaborations, well a lot of fun, in every possible way a member wants it to have.

This is what I've written on The Fringe thread. I hope that there are people who want the same stuff. Requirement would be being on the Generation 1, so we all could be on the same page. I would like it to contain 6 participants max. If someone wants to join, feel free to tell me, and suggest a name, because I have no idea how I would name the circle. :lol:

I would be interested in this. I love Legacy challenges and prefer to keep track of points myself but I can never make it past generation 2 so having a group to talk to and stuff would be awesome. I don’t write heavy chapters with a lot of story telling, mostly game-play with commentary between Sims and sims, or sims and me.
  • sweetnightingalesweetnightingale Posts: 2,084 Member
    Well well! Hellooooo everyone!!!

You all had better run for your lives because the Lounge is probably going to cave in now that I've come back out to play. LOL! I dropped off the face of the planet over the past year and I do apologize for that. It's been a very interesting year, to say the least. Some has been great while other parts were quite tumultuous.

I retired my old guide dog, Caleb. Some might remember me talking about him. I did this last September and trained for a new one. Caleb's arthritis was getting to where he was slowing down quite a lot and began developing cataracts. He's still with us and is living a happy life. :) He turned 11 in February. My new Golden boy turned 2 in May. His name, get this, is Alexander Graham Bell (we call him Alex for short). :D On a sadder note, we lost our pet dog, Turbo, in december due to a cancerous tumor in his right nostril. :(

I'm sad to say I have't even touched my stories in probably close to a year I've been...well...disillusioned...for a while. It's nothing anyone did here - it was just something I had to deal with. It mainly stemmed from losing my partnership on my Sims YouTube channel when YT decided they were going to create chaos and change up the whole partnership thing. I think it boiled down to the fact that I wasn't getting the viewership I once got and while I worked hard creating content for Sins 3 there, I never once got a thank you or anything from the powers-that-be at EA. I quit playing any Sims for quite a long time although I kept up with the newest patches and content, I'm just now getting back into playing and have played Sims 4 quite a bit lately. So yeah, I just had to move on and just realize I have to enjoy the games on a more personal level rather than focusing on the cons of being an unrecognized content creator. In the meantime, I've been growing my other YouTube channel where I make coloring videos, journaling and fountain pen content, and shopping hauls. :) That's going well but I'm definitely feeling the void of not being here with you all. Sooo, if y'all want me to hang out here again as often as I can, I'm here.

Along with that, we've had some personal family issues to deal with. I won't go into the ins and outs of it but I'll just say that things are kinda settled in that department. The daughter moved out so we're now empty nesters. We're now converting what was her bedroom into a craft room for me.

As for my stories, I'm definitely going to be getting back into them. However, I've created a rather large project for myself in regard to my story, Forever in Time. I've decided to transfer it to my Wordpress blog. However, it wont be a bulk transfer. I'm going to be reworking a lot of it. There are sins I no longer have access to and I feel that it has the potential to jeopardize my story because of it. Therefore, I'm going to be completely overhauling some family history, which means I have to rework a lot of the posts to reflect that. Plus, there are some continuity issues I need to fix and ways I can certainly improve things. I want this story to be my magnum opus for the SimLit world ad I know I won't be happy unless I do some readjusting. So as long as I'm doing that, I'll be moving it to my Wordpress blog.

this will also affect my other stories, "Another World" and "As Tears Go By" in small ways. This means I'll probably have to rewrite some chapters (my stories cross over somewhat frequently) but that's OK. I may or may not move them to Wordpress blogs - I just haven't gotten that far in making that decision.

Naturally, we've been busy with our Lions Club stuff, which is always a given. And that's my update. I hope you all are doing well and that life is treating you kindly.

Anyway, since I've been gone so long, I have no idea what has been happening lately or if any of the circles (including the one I started) is still going.

*sneaks quietly back into corner and protects head from cave-in* :)
    36314395402_b6f8316264_z.jpg]
    Simming With Sweet Nightingale.Forever in Time, Short Stories, and much more
    edited August 2018
    Luclylu wrote: »

I would be interested in this. I love Legacy challenges and prefer to keep track of points myself but I can never make it past generation 2 so having a group to talk to and stuff would be awesome. I don’t write heavy chapters with a lot of story telling, mostly game-play with commentary between Sims and sims, or sims and me.

@Luclylu Thank you for your comment! :smiley: I was away from the forums and everything Sims-related, but I think I'm back. :blush::smiley:

I already have a #BuildNewcrest Legacy story started, but I also want to play the classic, plain Legacy with all the stuff mentioned above, since I've reached my goal of getting Get Together finally, and now can have a legacy lot in Windenburg. :lol:

So, how can the circle be named? :wink: if anyone else wants to start the circle with us (or me, if @Luclylu changed their mind) is more than welcome to say it! :)
  • LuclyluLuclylu Posts: 437 Member
    edited August 2018

@Luclylu Thank you for your comment! :smiley: I was away from the forums and everything Sims-related, but I think I'm back. :blush::smiley:

I already have a #BuildNewcrest Legacy story started, but I also want to play the classic, plain Legacy with all the stuff mentioned above, since I've reached my goal of getting Get Together finally, and now can have a legacy lot in Windenburg. :lol:

So, how can the circle be named? :wink: if anyone else wants to start the circle with us (or me, if @Luclylu changed their mind) is more than welcome to say it! :)

I’m still on board! I’m about to start a new one because my game became plagued with glitches and I essentially reinstalled everything and also bought Seasons.

I’m horrible at coming up with names lol :smiley:
  • Hello! I'm new to the world of simlit and reading circles. I'm looking to join one if anyone thinks I would fit into their group. If not that's alright too.

My very first simlit is an oddball one. It's a 10 generation legacy with the LoZ characters, Link and Zelda. It takes place after the events of Breath of the Wild.

Updates are irregular so far due to irl stuff and not having written anything major in three+ years. My goal is to post at least once a month.

• CathyTeaCathyTea Posts: 23,089 Member
    Hello! I'm new to the world of simlit and reading circles. I'm looking to join one if anyone thinks I would fit into their group. If not that's alright too.

My very first simlit is an oddball one. It's a 10 generation legacy with the LoZ characters, Link and Zelda. It takes place after the events of Breath of the Wild.

Updates are irregular so far due to irl stuff and not having written anything major in three+ years. My goal is to post at least once a month.

Hiya! The Phoenix Puffclaws is always open for new members! We're a super laid-back group, really friend, really supportive. We're all a bit odd-ball ourselves (if I do say so, as the founding member!), and we've got really long-running stories! We'd love to have you!

Cathy Tea's SimLit Anthology

Do you also play The Elder Scrolls Online? You can find me there as CathyTea, too!
  • CathyTea wrote: »
    Hello! I'm new to the world of simlit and reading circles. I'm looking to join one if anyone thinks I would fit into their group. If not that's alright too.

Hiya! The Phoenix Puffclaws is always open for new members! We're a super laid-back group, really friend, really supportive. We're all a bit odd-ball ourselves (if I do say so, as the founding member!), and we've got really long-running stories! We'd love to have you!
    Sure, sounds like fun! Thank you very much!
  • friendsfan367friendsfan367 Posts: 29,362 Member
    CathyTea wrote: »

Sure, sounds like fun! Thank you very much!

yeah were called pheonix puffenclaws cause we got in small disagreement what to calll ourselves. so we picked everyting.

• yeah were called pheonix puffenclaws cause we got in small disagreement what to calll ourselves. so we picked everyting.
    Sounds like you all found a compromise. It reminds me of my time on Pottermore.

• SpectralMidnightSpectralMidnight Posts: 23 Member
    Hi, I keep fumbling around, figuring out all the protocols, researching, etc. Yes, I'm new to all this - like 1 day new. Anyway, are there any reading groups still looking to add members? I'd like to find one that welcomes new SimsLit writers.

Thank you!
    Hi, I keep fumbling around, figuring out all the protocols, researching, etc. Yes, I'm new to all this - like 1 day new. Anyway, are there any reading groups still looking to add members? I'd like to find one that welcomes new SimsLit writers.

Thank you!

Puffclaws is always accepting members! :) Plus, you can just check out the threads, pop over to them, and ask if any of them are open for members. I think a lot of threads have sort of quieted down, but sometimes, when new people want to get involved, it sparks new life into a reading circle!

Do you also play The Elder Scrolls Online? You can find me there as CathyTea, too!
  • SpectralMidnightSpectralMidnight Posts: 23 Member
    Thank you! I'd love to join!
    Thank you! I'd love to join!

Cool ! Welcome ! Pop over and say hi anytime !

• AdamsEve1231AdamsEve1231 Posts: 7,035 Member
    Hello @CathyTea, while it wasn't my plan, I was pleasantly surprised by the interest levels in WW. We have new members... @Shadami, @LegacySims2017, and @Karilan. And you can remove @Simcraft81 and @Arrowleaf as they are on hiatus, unless I hear otherwise. Thanks.
    With these forums closing down, stay connected.

Find me elsewhere:
    My EA App ID: livinasimminlife
    Livin' A Simmin' Life Stories
    My Worldbuilding Blog
    Simblr
    My Sims Pinterest
  • MaxwellDvineMaxwellDvine Posts: 24 Member
    Hey there! I just made a new account so I am still waiting for the EA gods to allow me full posting privileges. Lol. But I love to write and I am really interested if there are any writers who happen to be working on any royalty/kingdom legacies. I would love to join such a circle!
  • ShadamiShadami Posts: 4,353 Member
    Omg... There are so many reading circles and I'm just learning...
  • MorningstarMorningstar Posts: 318 Member

I’m still on board! I’m about to start a new one because my game became plagued with glitches and I essentially reinstalled everything and also bought Seasons.

I’m horrible at coming up with names lol :smiley:

Are you two still interested in doing this? I'm not doing a classic legacy challenge but am in the early stages of a Build A City Challenge, which is also long as heck :tongue: would love to start up a new circle with other early stage Sim stories in it for the long haul :smile:
    From the town's first community lot to each household and rabbit hole, watch the stories unfold...
    Rebuilding Appaloosa Plains
    Prologue & Chapters 1-18 out now!
    Origin ID: Mourning-Stars | Simming since 2000
    @Morningstar I'm still interested. :smiley:
  • adayinthesimlifeadayinthesimlife Posts: 8 New Member
    Hello! I've followed Sim lit stories and lurked these forums for a little while. I newly made an account so I don't yet have posting privileges but I'd be interested in joining a reading circle. I post stories weekly of my little sim universe a rotational save made up of mostly Sims 4 premades, some random generated ones and a few of my own creations! Let me know if this interests to you!
  • Lotus26Lotus26 Posts: 23 Member
    I would be interested in joining a reading circle. I am currently writing my first Sims story and am new at making a blog for it. So I'm sure I could use some tips to improve. I'm doing a Decades Challenge, but it has become more of a story. Posts are added on Mondays.

adayinthesimlife I would be happy to read your story.
    Cool deal, @Lotus26 ! Welcome to the Forums! Please feel free to check out the reading circles listed, and check out the forum pages (I think my index of reading circles might not be up-to-date--I'll try to update it over the next week.) You're welcome to post on the circle threads that interest you to see if they have spots. Phoenix Puffclaws is always open! :)

Please tag me if you want or need help finding or starting a circle within the next week or so!

Happy you're here, and hope you stop by some of the other writer-related threads! :)

• Lotus26Lotus26 Posts: 23 Member
    Thank you for the warm welcome, @CathyTea . It looks like many of the circles are no longer active. I would be interested in joining Phoenix Puffclaws, but I am a beginner and I don't know if my story is that interesting.