Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

EA: Please fix the white outline around pets.

2...Next

Comments

• lopithecuslopithecus Posts: 1,735 Member
    edited September 2012
    @Shadow2Soul & MinDtriKz:

I looked at the two forums that were listed, listing off the supported and not supported graphics cards and the one I have is in two different sections. On one of the forums it's in the no-fluff section and in the other forum it's in the supported section. I have the ATI Radeon 5450 HD video card.

I think it depends on which list you look at and which one you believe more. I'm sure both of them are correct in their own way.

I don't know if this helps but I thought I'd just point that out.

Forum that says my graphics card is supported

Forum that says my graphics card has the no-fluff issue

Also, yes I have that line around the pets too but it's not really that bothersome. It's something you can easily ignore.

Edit to fix mistakes
    k55mmxl
    "The one you confide in the most. The one who understands you best. The one you'll miss more than any other. When he dies..." - Batman/Superman 018
    SuperBat ruined my life!<3
  • chesterbigbirdchesterbigbird Posts: 8,581 Member
    edited September 2012
    Hi,
    My old pc had the gtx 560 and it had this issue.
    My new pc has gtx 670 and it has this issue!
    Its very odd how some people have the white outline and some do not.
    I am having very bad luck.. got 2 high end cards and both have the same problem.
    Maybe its some sort of pc configuration??
    My new pc also stutters a lot in game.. i guess i just have terrible luck. :cry:
    i7 6700K
    16GB hyper X fury
    MSI GTX 1080
    MSI gaming M5 mobo
    Evga 750 supernova
    Corsair hydro h110i GT
    Corsair obsidian 750D
    500GB SSD
    6TB Seagate Barracuda Pro
    LG 34" ultra wide

• sam123sam123 Posts: 4,539 Member
    edited October 2012
    MinDtriKz wrote:
    You don't need to excessively bump your thread here.

It doesn't matter how "high end" your graphics card is, if it isn't compatible, you will get display errors such as a white halo around pets. Having an outdated graphics card driver- I updated mine at least four times since Sims WA- will also kill your ability to play the game well.

Post a dxdiag, and screenshots of the error. The dxdiag will have your driver data in it, I'd like to take a look.

I excessively bumped it everyday, since there were no replies and it was on at least the 5th page.
  • liligirl651liligirl651 Posts: 10 New Member
    edited July 2013

hi
    i have had the exact same problem, i figured that it showed you how big the pet will grow up to, because when you have a larger dog/cat/horse it has a smaller ******/grey outline but with a smaller animal it has a bigger ******/grey outline. do you understand what im talking about? :?: :-) :D:(:mrgreen: :-o :shock: 8) :lol: :x :P :evil: :cry: :oops: :wink: :!: :? :thumbup: :| :thumbdown: :XD: :wink: ;-) :!: :? :idea: :arrow: :hunf: :twisted: :evil: :cry: :oops: :-P :P :x :lol::) :-) :D :-D :( :-o :shock: :?: 8) [/b]
    Oh and also quoting what somebody recently said, EA wont come to your house to fix the problem- EA could fix the problem then get everyone to update there sims game...
    it would be great if EA fixed all the fixable problems it would make game play more enjoyable
  • AlwaysTheSunAlwaysTheSun Posts: 388 Member
    Same issue wihth GTX1070..
  • EA_DavidEA_David Posts: 282 EA Community Manager
    edited October 2018
    @AlwaysTheSun Hi, there's a post on Answers HQ that suggests it might be related to the number of layers you're using when creating/customizing the pet, perhaps that'll point you in the right direction: https://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-3/Thin-White-Lines-on-My-Dog/td-p/1187178

Cheers.