Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

You know you're a TS3 addict when...

Comments

• ZeeGeeZeeGee Posts: 5,355 Member
    @TinySpaceFox It was a funny post and gave most of us a good laugh. :*<3
  • AvataritAvatarit Posts: 836 Member
    edited November 2018
    When you actually get better at real life skills, learning from the sims. For instance I'm terrible at organizing things. But how difficult should it be to host a party? In the sims you just need to invite the people in a normal hour, make sure there is a buffet and juice, put on some music, make sure to talk to everyone. I mean, I think I can apply the same in real life and not freak out :lol:

Editing myself about a month later to update: the party was a modest sucssess :lol::tongue::blush:
    Post edited by Avatarit on
  • 1need4kaffee1need4kaffee Posts: 486 Member
    @Avatarit You know, I tried that with the Charisma skill. But people at work reported me to Human Resources for talking and gesticulating so animatedly to the mirror in the Ladies bathroom. I was recommended for a mental health evaluation. :o I guess I should have kept to the privacy of my bathroom at home for that skill training. :p
  • igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    @Avatarit You know, I tried that with the Charisma skill. But people at work reported me to Human Resources for talking and gesticulating so animatedly to the mirror in the Ladies bathroom. I was recommended for a mental health evaluation. :o I guess I should have kept to the privacy of my bathroom at home for that skill training. :p
    There must be other ways to build that skill. Oh I know, if only more playpens were provided for employees' use in the break room, this kind of senseless waste of time wouldn't have to happen. ;)
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • AuroraskiesAuroraskies Posts: 1,834 Member
    igazor wrote: »
    There must be other ways to build that skill. Oh I know, if only more playpens were provided for employees' use in the break room, this kind of senseless waste of time wouldn't have to happen. ;)

That would just make everyone else start to wildly gesticulate while complaining over there being no way around the issue of poor circulation and soon you'd have a work place full of charisma constructed oval shapes formed in response to all the interrupted interactions :wink:
  • emorrillemorrill Posts: 8,110 Member
    When you're eating waffles and lick the remaining syrup off the plate and it makes you feel like a Slob. You would be in the Sims so...

:lol:
    52607642900_bbbac3a314_c.jpg
  • AvataritAvatarit Posts: 836 Member
    @1need4kaffee :lol:

• JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    ... when you’re all happy irl as if something awesome happened to you irl just because you played the game again after a three months long gap.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • marcel21marcel21 Posts: 12,341 Member
    igazor wrote: »
    @marcel21 - Okay granted, "lying" might be a bit harsh but I am certain that @TinySpaceFox didn't really mean that in a serious, unfriendly kind of way.
    @marcel21 I'm sorry, I really didn't mean to insult anyone with my post. Not being able to recall the name of a Sims 3 town does not make anyone a liar at all, I was just trying to keep with the joking nature of most of the posts in this thread.

I am sorry, I shouldn't of let the word liar get to me, you have done nothing wrong.

Origin ID MichaelUKingdon

• ameliaandcynthiaameliaandcynthia Posts: 42 Member
    edited October 2018
    When you can answer a question on a game show because you learned the fact/the answer/the reference in the Sims.

When you feel bad for doing something mildly mean to a Sim.

When you give your Sims socks to wear, even though you can't see them under their shoes and trousers.
  • Nikkei_SimmerNikkei_Simmer Posts: 9,405 Member
    edited October 2018
    Nikkei_Simmer_join_date_Origin.jpg
    TS3_hrsPlayed_10-15-2018.jpg
    (yeah...'nuff sed)

Over 4,300 (It's actually around 4980 hrs) in the course of an year and 3/4s. >:) Jan 2017-Oct 2018. >:) Yeah...I've got an addiction to Sims 3. Something tells me I'll hit 10,000 hrs by 2020. Doubt anyone can top (in terms of timeframe) that accumulation of hours. (I wasn't joking)......and all because my wife, @Featherbelle, told me to quit pestering her because I was bored. "Here...go play Sims and quit bugging me that you're bored..." :D:mrgreen:

dials: "Hi, is there a Sims 3 Addiction hotline?"

GYZ6Ak9.png
    Always "River McIrish" ...and maybe some Bebe Hart. ~innocent expression~
    edited October 2018
    Over 4,300 (It's actually around 4980 hrs) in the course of an year and 3/4s. >:) Jan 2017-Oct 2018. >:) Yeah...I've got an addiction to Sims 3. Something tells me I'll hit 10,000 hrs by 2020. Doubt anyone can top (in terms of timeframe) that accumulation of hours. (I wasn't joking)......and all because my wife, @Featherbelle, told me to quit pestering her because I was bored. "Here...go play Sims and quit bugging me that you're bored..." :D:mrgreen:

dials: "Hi, is there a Sims 3 Addiction hotline?"
    I've just called the Sims 3 Addiction hotline on your behalf and to verify some math based on the above data. That's under 8 real time hours per day. The Hotline and I have classified you as a "light, occasional user." :)
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
  • FrigidChickFrigidChick Posts: 59 Member
    When you look at random people and think: "Man, they would make such pretty sims together...."
  • AuroraskiesAuroraskies Posts: 1,834 Member

d5Dfoiy.jpg?1

When seeing this all you can think of is:
    'Is this the hidden room and which townie am I'?
    edited October 2018
    When you look at random people and think: "Man, they would make such pretty sims together...."
    No no, it's when you look at one single random person and think they would look pretty with one of your existing sims. But it's when you try to explain that to them or try to drag them home with you to show them what you mean that you know you might have a problem. ;)
    Post edited by igazor on
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
  • TinySpaceFoxTinySpaceFox Posts: 1,110 Member
    When you back up your “The Sims 3” folder more frequently than you back up your phone.
    When you back up your “The Sims 3” folder more frequently than you back up your phone.

You back up your phone? :o:#

You back up your phone? :o:#

You...have a phone? :mrgreen: Guess I must be the token troglodyte here. :D Ever since my iPhone 4s decided to die, I haven't gotten around to replacing it yet. :D Plus it keeps me from having nuisance calls. :D
    GYZ6Ak9.png
  • lowpolygallowpolygal Posts: 422 Member
    When you are about to use a shortcut like ctrl+v and end up typing first ctrl+shift+c and then you wonder what's going on when it fails and... yes, it happened to me... today :sweat_smile:
    In my defense! I've been building for the past couple of days using build cheats and I'm not used to building at all so my brain just clung into it... not the first time something like this happens though :lol:
    zDZ4NFB.png
    I have a Simblr
  • WaterdragonWaterdragon Posts: 780 Member
    When you try to play Sims 4, give up after 20 minutes or so due to bugginess and pure boredom, load up Sims 3 and play it for several hours.
    My sim´s antics: http://waterdragonsblog.com/
    My studio: http://www.thesims3.com/mypage/WatrDragon/mystudio

Just assume that every edit I make is because of typos.
    When you start up your game and when your game opens up; without even looking at the keyboard...can type in inside of 30 seconds:

testingcheatsenabled on
    hideheadlineeffects on
    buydebug
    unlockoutfits on

GYZ6Ak9.png
    edited October 2018
    When you start up your game and when your game opens up; without even looking at the keyboard...can type in inside of 30 seconds:

testingcheatsenabled on
    hideheadlineeffects on
    buydebug
    unlockoutfits on
    The one that always trips me up is restrictbuildbuyinbuildings off. If I wanted a typing (keyboarding) skill improvement exercise, I would have found one myself. :)

NRaas Overwatch can be used to engage console codes upon startup for those so inclined.
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    @igazor Whaaa??? restrictbuildbuyinbuildings off Does this mean I can get a real stove in the adventure camp in China?? I didn't even know this cheat existed!! >>cries<<
  • aglitteringsimmeraglitteringsimmer Posts: 56 Member
    When you have to spend a day preparing your sims and house properly so it's all set up when you want to spend the whole weekend playing :lol:
    An average simmer wasting her life away
    --just kidding, will find a photo of my fave sim soon--
  • SheriGRSheriGR Posts: 795 Member
    edited November 2018
    I play Sims in my sleep. I just can't get the darn thing to save. True story. :D;)
    Post edited by SheriGR on
    Sims 4 Gallery
    EA ID: SheriGR
    TWITTER: https://twitter.com/SheriGr
    "What does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy and to walk humbly with your God." ― Micah 6:8

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top