The latest update for The Sims 4 is now live. Click here to read the latest notes.
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Going Solo Challenge (main) Updated to include TS4

Comments

• Piazzagirl1015Piazzagirl1015 Posts: 2,500 Member
    edited October 2018
    @Vuneca EA had some job postings for a game designer for a new game engine that sounded an awful lot like the Sims so the rumor is that it is for Sims 5 and Sim Guru Grant has promised us years of new packs for Sims 4. We still have plenty of hope :)

Hopefully Sims 5 will be a redo of Sims 3 only better. Exactly what we expected for Sims 4. I'm hoping for open world to return in Sims 5
  • LittleMinxUndrLittleMinxUndr Posts: 4,196 Member
    Hey girls!
    Thanks for all the nice comments on my med-face, lol. That was heartening! <3
    I did the get the med-int position at the military contractor (I had to sign a non-disclosure so I can't tell you the brand-name of the contractor.) and now I'm 'working' for four hours at wednesdays there. I'm kinda amazed that the Ministry of Health okay'd it, because it wasn't their idea. Maybe it was because of the company's connections, they pulled some strings too. It's weirdly good to talk shop, though I'm aware not everybody might be comfortable with the idea that there are people shooting the breeze over military hardware. If that's you, I'm sorry. As you girls know, I enlisted back then as part of a citizenship-program that turned into a career quite removed from what I actually studied. I wasn't exactly glamoring for medals and glory, lol. It's difficult to balance though, I'm so happy to be doing something that I, of course, overdo it.

And Allah Alive! I discovered the custom bundle thingie in the Origins Store and is that frigging awesome! I got Seasons, Jungle and the extra pet-stuff pack at a truly insane discount, with my access-discount on top of that, the entire bundle rounding out at €40! My Sims4 is up to date in one fell swoop, ready for Get Famous next month.

I'm now busy with building the sets I want for 'Chandel Chibi!!'. The first episodes will be setting the stage and origin-story of Chandel's and Topanga's eternal friendship. Keep in mind though that 'Chandel Chibi!!' is set in Vuneca-verse, but isn't canon to it. 'Chandel Chibi!!' is a stand-alone spin-off of the main story that gives me the freedom to play with the characters as I like it, so expect to see characters appear out of their timeline and so on. The main idea is that I can do whatever and not stick to the flow of the canon. Given my personal situation and obligations I have to meet, it's all around a better thing to do right now. But 'Chandel Chibi!!' is in the Vuneca-verse, so Chandel won't suddenly be a goody-two-shoes and Topanga won't suddenly have let go of being a vegan healthnut with a work-out obsession.

A small lift of the veil: Vuneca's Simself will be Topanga's mother and be 'Vuneca Masters'. Fun fact: It allows me to use an old idea for the Vuneca-verse I didn't use, but did low-key share in the gallery -- Vuneca is married to Waingro (the criminal from the movie 'Heat') who gave up his guns and life of crime for her. They live in a house you can find in my catalogue as 'Waingro Redeemed'. Here!.
    Together they had Topanga, but how Chandel fits in all of that is for the series! =)

I hope you girls are doing okay! I personally don't really know how I feel about Get Famous though, I'm really starting to feel as if I'm buying Sims3 allover again. Originally it felt as if S4 was going it's own way and I do get the feeling that community push-back forced EA to stay on the well-trodden path. Which to me is a bit of a shame.

Stay tuned for the first episode of 'Chandel Chibi!!' girls! =)
    edited October 2018
    Hey girls!

The first Chandell Chibi is here!

When Isla Paradiso won independence, all Colonials and Mainlanders had to leave the islands in a chaotic chain of events that became known as the 'Black Exodus'. Mistakes were made in all that upheaval and so Chandell, orphaned and alone, finds herself swept up in the Black Exodus. She ends up in Simnation and in the care of Kelly-Lebroq Wasimton, who's hands are tied by the Cease-Fire...

Chandell Chibi Episode One: No Aubies Allowed!!

I hope that the first chapter makes you girls want for more! =)
    edited October 2018
    Because you can do a lot within TS4 to have Sims behave a certain way around specific Sims they might love or hate, they sometimes have facial expressions out of their character. It's a very human thing to do, that one little moment where someone drops their guard and you, for the most fleeting of moments, 'see' the person. Chandell is a total lush when Topanga is close by, but normally she either scowls or appears to be moody and brooding. But Topanga is the one person that constantly demolishes Chandell's walls. Where any other person would come to eternally suffer, Topanga gets away with it. It's the one thing that redeems Chandell, because behind all that ancient evil and eldritch horror hides a being with a huge weak-spot.
    So when this picture was taken, I can only assume that at the shutter-moment Chandell was looking at Topanga! I can't explain it any other way.

enamoredchandell_zpsp8zcpsxw.jpg
    Stop it Chandell, you're not fooling anyone...

Should you want this version of Chandell in your game, you'll have to do a search in my catalogue for 'Storycast' and enable the option 'include custom content'. I run with CmarNY skins, so that gets a flag in the Gallery. In your game, Chandell will just get whatever skin that you run, even Maxis-normal. So yeah... In the 'Storycast' upload you also find Eleanor Wasimton and Matt. Because reasons you'll understand soon. =)
    If there's a want for a Chandell only upload, I'll of course do that, but for now I don't really have a reason as the Gallery allows me to mix and match freely anyway and I'm not really a 'sharer'. Chandell also has a hot-weather and winter outfit, as does Matt, but apart from an everyday I didn't put much work in Eleanor. (I guess the fact that Eleanor is finally uploaded will make some of you happy. I hope so!)
  • VunecaVuneca Posts: 1,686 Member
    oo @LittleMinxUndr I have your new story pulled up to read when I take my next break from studying, yay!!

All- wish me luck! I am sitting for my first certification (CPC) exam for medical coding tmw morning. I passed my course with honors and feel pretty confident...but a LOT of my classmates failed their first attempt so I am a little nervous too :o
    edited October 2018
    @Vuneca I'm rooting for you! Don't fret and don't be nervous, a person is capable of achieving things they themselves believe to be outside of their reach! You can do it, easy! GFI!
  • jazenjazen Posts: 5,612 Member
    Hey ladies!!! @LittleMinxUndr always good to see you pop in! Congrats on your new job. Will take a look at your story.

@Vuneca good luck with your exam!!! Sending you all the passing grade vibes. @Piazzagirl1015 I didn't play sims 1 but I'm glad this pack reminds you of it. I've not looked into it yet, or seen any trailers but guess I need to go check it out.

I'm trying to find better balance with my stories. I miss Matt and want to finish his generation. I've been moving ahead in my writing career. I've sold 2 stories to publishers so dealing with that side of things and I have my third self published title coming out next month. Feel like there's always something. But I have been trying to play a little here and there, but mostly just to play with no story. I will update on my new s4 going solo in which I try to stick to the rules much better. LOL But it will be only minor updates of progress.
    15845932053_27f57f3980.jpg

@jazen Wow, you really did it, you became a published author! Grats!! I could never do that, I have a huge problem with being creative on demand. Seriously, I'm jealous of people that can do that. With scientific write-ups I'm used to doing, you have everything in front of you and the scientific lingo is well defined. (Sometimes denser than legalese, try and read the standard work on vehicular aero-dynamics...) The same applies to military texts, they're the same the world over, really. Effing rosetta-stones.

@Venuca how did the exam go?

I wanted to quickly share this scene, lol!
    Thebadgering_zpsktxjuudx.jpg
    Chandell is badgering Matt while Thanata plays Despacito.

I just love it when Chandell is being mean, because from my Chandell/Topanga living the family-life raising their adopted daughter Peregrina I get to see Chandell as her household gets wrecked by Topanga's hairbrained ideas, lolol
    Which is why Chandell is wearing her weddingband still, I couldn't bring myself to take the band away for Chandell Chibi. Just imagine the band is a normal piece of jewelry and roll with it. =)
    Anyway, I couldn't stop laughing for a good two minutes mostly because Chandell is out of shape if this is 'mean Chandell'! :D
    LOL love that picture @LittleMinxUndr

And yes. It's not an easy road, but I'm slowly plucking along. My third book will be out next month on the 23rd. And I just had the cover updated on my first book, Fiendish. The sim story, turned book, that started it all.
    notbroken_novella_cover.png
    This is to my upcoming release. This one is special because my daughter actually took the pictures for it.

@Jazen Looks like I'll have to order three books then! Gives me a chance to say , "I'm (forum) friends with this author!" all puffy-chested. Early grats on the release of 'The Lists'!
    @LittleMinxUndr Nice to see you back with Chandell and updating again :)

@Vuneca Congratulations on passing your coding class! I wish you the best of luck on your certification exam. I'm mid way through my coding class and I'm starting Healthcare Data Analysis in November.

@jazen No worries about the story as it is really exciting to see you publishing more and more books. You are doing great and I'm looking forward to reading the new releases. Love the cover! Your daughter did a great job on the pictures. A Not Broken Novella! Definitely looking forward to more from Malida :)

I'm sure you will find the right balance with the sims but maybe just playing the game for fun and minor updates will be fine. That is what I am planning to do with all my just for fun games. The only exceptions will be Raven, the Drifters, Romance and Race.

@Everyone A couple of weeks ago I went on a shadow event at one of the hospital and I was fortunate enough to make a connection with one of the hiring managers. He was asking which President gave us which entitlement programs and he was amazed at the fact that not only did I have the answers to those questions but I could answer all his Presidential trivia questions. I figure that has to help when the interviews come up. Tomorrow I'll be going back to the first one I had my panel interview at for EPIC training. The classes are starting to get easier as I only have one to take now instead of three. I have been having more free time which I'm using for the Drifter bachelor challenge and I'm starting my Iron Woman over again either with:
    WoUSDd.png

I believe all of you know who she is or a sim alike I had made up for me:

yuonne-face_1_orig.png

Carly, I believe @jazen knows of her

I won't be blogging just recording progress and playing strictly by the rules the way @Jazen is. If Ironwoman I will go for Raven but if regular Sims 4 Going Solo I will use Carly.
    @Piazzagirl1015 Pi! Great to see ya! Yeah it's nice to dive back into my Vuneca-verse creatively instead of merely deepening the lore and consolidating what there is. Recently I lost the speech Ebenezer Alto made that started the 300yr war and was devastated, but it turned out that speech is also in this thread, along with a lot of early Vuneca-verse lore. It's such an intricate beast and because of many things upon my sickness I didn't had the energy to do anything with it other than writing ideas on a post-it and sticking that in a piggy-bank. Chandell Chibi is a good way to pick&choose from the lore and do some fun stuff with it. I want to get back into Going Solo too, but I want to do that in Sims3, just because it's a better game and the Sims don't constantly smile. Even Sims4 Chandell who's a public enemy, gloomy and mean is smiling all of the time. It drives me insane and I wouldn't want to write an overly long story with it. And to be honest, Chandell is cuter in TS3 than she is in TS4. In fact all my characters are the real McCoy in TS3... TS4 is a fun game, but it misses the grit that you need to go really serious. I need deadpan-Chandell.
    Looking forward to your new projects!

All:
    Episode 2 of the Chibi-origin has been posted: And the devil came to Willow Creek
    I hope you girls will like it! =)

Very exciting @Piazzagirl1015 glad that first event went well. Hopefully you'll land a job here soon! Loving the new characters. Playing for just record keeping is needed some times.

@LittleMinxUndr gonna try and play catch up on stories this weekend.

I do have more shots of Arya on my blog, but here are the basics.

09-29-18_2-28-28%25C2%25A0PM.png

Her and Sweetie

promotions%2B.jpg

She's in the tech guru field and has had a few promotions. I don't recall where she is in her aspiration. I forgot to take a picture. Will next time. But she's doing computer whiz.

Hey everyone. Wanted to pop in and hope you all had a Merry Christmas (if you celebrate) and wanted to wish you all a very happy New Year!!!

Happy New Year everyone!

@jazen We had a quiet but excellent Christmas. I hope yours was good too :-)
    HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!

@Vuneca my Christmas was good. My nephew who's a Marine came to stay with us for his leave. It was good to see him again.

edited January 2019
    Hi everyone,

I do wish everyone the best of luck for 2019 and I hope that everyone is doing well.

On Jan 24th I will be graduating from the medical billing program and this Friday I have my first interview for a job. I'm praying that it goes well.

To start the new year I decided to finally take pictures for the update I written so long ago. It's getting more and more difficult to find Sims 3 poses and I'm considering moving Katherine's story to sims 4. Not sure yet but I'm having the characters made into Sims 4 versions.

Screenshot-15.jpg

Take Care Everyone!
  • AlleenmensAlleenmens Posts: 18,715 Member
    jazen wrote: »
    LOL love that picture @LittleMinxUndr

And yes. It's not an easy road, but I'm slowly plucking along. My third book will be out next month on the 23rd. And I just had the cover updated on my first book, Fiendish. The sim story, turned book, that started it all.
    notbroken_novella_cover.png
    This is to my upcoming release. This one is special because my daughter actually took the pictures for it.

Aww, Jazen, I only see this now! Congratulations! I'm so happy for you!
  • AlleenmensAlleenmens Posts: 18,715 Member
    Hi everyone,

I do wish everyone the best of luck for 2019 and I hope that everyone is doing well.

On Jan 24th I will be graduating from the medical billing program and this Friday I have my first interview for a job. I'm praying that it goes well.

To start the new year I decided to finally take pictures for the update I written so long ago. It's getting more and more difficult to find Sims 3 poses and I'm considering moving Katherine's story to sims 4. Not sure yet but I'm having the characters made into Sims 4 versions.

Screenshot-15.jpg

Take Care Everyone!

Good luck with the interview! :blush:
    Alleenmens wrote: »
    Hi everyone,

Screenshot-15.jpg

Take Care Everyone!

Good luck with the interview! :blush:

@Alleenmens Thank you so much :)

• ShadamiShadami Posts: 4,353 Member
    Piazzagirl! I have found the challenge. :3 and I think I may want to try this one, you made it sound really fun!
    Question for anyone in the going solo community...
    Ltw: surrounded by family... Requires five kids. How do without cheating?
    @Shadami Welcome to the GS Community I'm glad you found us :)

Surrounded by family is one of the exceptions to the rule. If the ltw or career requires that there be more sims in the household than it is not considered cheating at all. There are a few ltw's like this for example the Golddigger ltw requires a wealthy spouse.
    Oh cool. :) Good to know, I hadn't noticed anything in the rules.
    Hello! Hello!

@Piazzagirl1015 I have your update open to read in a few. Congrats on graduating! Super exciting. Good luck with your job hunt <3

@Shadami Welcome! I hope you enjoy the challenge. Will you be writing a story to go along with it or just playing for fun? We would love to hear about your sim's adventures. Are you playing 3 or 4?

Also-

Today is The Sims' 19th birthday!! I remember when I got my copy of the original game. It was a birthday present from the guy I was dating at the time because he wanted to see me play something other than Master of Orion 2! I remember seeing it on the shelf after it released (back when you went to Best Buy every weekend to buy CDs and scope out new games [I am a dinosaur]) and thinking "wow! Who would want to play a game like that?" Yet here I am, 19 years later, still playing. Maybe not as often or as long as I used to but that's just life. I hope you are all having a fantastic day!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top