Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Dangerous Stuff concept as a Game Pack [Update: Life Tragedies Mod]

Comments

• CK213CK213 Posts: 20,528 Member
    I am 100% on board with the OP! Legacies are too easy because you're virtually guaranteed to make it to 10 generations without any obstacle. This is supposed to be a life simulation, whose life goes almost entirely without adverse events? I've been playing since the year the game released and only had 1 sim ever die of anything other than old age. That one sim died of fire during my asylum challenge before I knew exactly how to prevent it. It would be nice to have a little grit in the game, and some negative happenstance to keep us on our toes.

Yikes!
    I have yet to play this game beyond one generation yet.
    I really hope some chances of adversity is added to this game before it is done.
    My generational play will begin when we get University.

The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • Briana2425Briana2425 Posts: 3,591 Member
    I remember picking danger as third but I still like laundry so...yeah.
    Briana2425 wrote: »
    I remember picking danger as third but I still like laundry so...yeah.

Laundry was a knee jerk reaction for me. :)
    But now it seems like something that should have come with any related EP or GP, like Parenthood.
    Give those kids some chores. :D
    [Update: 12/26/17]

In the original post I mentioned trait compatibility and incompatibility.
    This is from what I noticed about TS3 and TS4 and I am adding it to the original post.
    CK213 wrote: »
    Incompatible traits does not make for incompatible sims in TS4.
    It just determines what traits your sims are not allowed to have.
    You lose out on the built in drama and challenge of sims who have opposing traits.

Try it yourself and make a Snob/Neat/Ambitious sim and a Goofball/Slob/Lazy sim and see how wonderfully they get along.
    The most you are going to get out of the Neat sim is a tense emotion to the messy environment the Slob has made, not the Slob herself.
    The only way for them to not live well together is if you force them with mean socials.
    10-23-16_7-46-41nbspPM.png

I made a similar household in TS3 and the difference is night and day.
    Screenshot-2500.jpg

Screenshot-2501.jpg

The conflict arises naturally without your help, but also has drama built into the socials when you have sims of opposing traits.
    Asking the slob to actually clean up the place gets you drama.
    Screenshot-2502.jpg

It's pretty easy to imagine: "Heck no I am not cleaning up. I made us breakfast (burnt waffles), you clean it up."
    Screenshot-2503.jpg

Screenshot-2506.jpg
  • FreezerBunnyCowplantFreezerBunnyCowplant Posts: 3,957 Member
    Great idea! :)
    a256aFi.gif
  • alan650111alan650111 Posts: 3,295 Member
    I am liking the idea of a drama and danger pack more than anything!!
  • JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    In the meantime I believe sims don’t even die in fires anymore? Or is that a glitch?
    5JZ57S6.png
  • MidnightAuraMidnightAura Posts: 5,809 Member
    JoAnne65 wrote: »
    In the meantime I believe sims don’t even die in fires anymore? Or is that a glitch?

They still die. But the last time I played one of my sims just stood watching whilst his girlfriend went up in flames. She wouldn’t stop panicking and refused to put the fire out. :|
  • GrumpyGlowfishGrumpyGlowfish Posts: 2,208 Member
    edited December 2017
    They do still die in fires, it just takes forever. (I know because I recently burned a stupid patient to death in revenge for putting my doctor's career at risk.) But yeah, the most dangerous thing in the game at the moment is probably the cow plant, and not even she kills in one hit anymore.

Edit: Now that @MidnightAura said it, yes, my patient's mother didn't care about her daughter being on fire either.
  • Louise_G0325Louise_G0325 Posts: 1,040 Member
    edited December 2017
    This would not only be super fun, but also very practical. There are some simmers who like the eternal sunshine and rainbows, thus they may not want darkness. However, if it is in a pack, they don't have to buy it and their games are nice while those who want edge can get it :)

I miss drama in the sims. TS3 was so amusing and fun when my sims and other sims started figthing and then formed all-out rivalries without me doing anything. It surprised me and made them feel more alive. TS4 never really surprises me and thus I get bored easily. I haven't really played for months - I usually just make a sim, build a house and play for a maximum of a few hours, then abandon the save.

EA says that now we are in control and we have the power of causing mayhem if we want to and avoid it if we don't, but that is flawed. Imagine you are playing a fantasy war game, but you get a notification that no wars will happen unless you make them happen. Now you make a war but you win easily every time because the game is rigged so you always control. What is the point? Total control means that you get no gratification when something happens, because there were no obstacles or challenges - you simply clicked your way into what you wanted, boring. If it was easy to win a gold medal in athletics, people wouldn't feel a sense of true achievement when they accomplish it.

Danger and Drama won't make the game 100% complete for me because the sims themselves need more depth (traits need an overhual, whims more relevant, likes/dislikes, turn-ons/offs etc.), but it will certainly help A LOT to bring back some of the charm from older sims games and re-introduce an antagonist (consequenses), because TS4 is like a movie without an antagonist: everything stays the same, the characters don't encounter difficulties and thus they don't experience development, etc. Even shows for toddlers have drama! (Ex. the duck doesn't like the cat, so now they don't get along and mischief happens etc.) Add some consequense and drama and you'll be so amazed that you'll wonder if it is still the same game.
    Sineea wrote: »
    One of my sims accidentally acquire the kleptomaniac trait while aging up. I don't know a way to reverse this. Over time he has stolen a number of cool things and I was at times amused, if not glad, he had it. This is when I played his household, though. Now he's in a different household but has my apartment key, so I can keep in touch easier.

Now that he's a visitor, the klepto trait isn't as amusing. He's stolen every single bar stool at least once. He even stole the huge freaken DJ booth right in front of everyone at a party. Is there any way to stop this? Confront him? I find it highly annoying now to the point I am tempted to revoke his key.

Thanks for any insights. Please don't suggest mods, or cheats, I'm not ready to go there yet.

EA should see it as an opportunity to give us more cool things.
    A security bot for kleptos and other devious sims would be nice.
    snapshot_d26c9d9a_f300437f.jpg
    #DramaAndDanger
  • GelysenGelysen Posts: 214 Member
    I'd love to be able to host a sim's funeral. It feels so lame to have had a sim in a legacy for super long and that you've created attachement to and then when they die, The Grimreaper shows up, they cry and you get a tombstone or urn. I feel as though it would be better (and for story telling/legacies as well) if there would be a prompt that gives you the choice ''Hold funeral here'' (for the regular way) or ''Host funeral event'' and then cemetaries to go along with it.
    My sims 4 wishlist:
    -Spiral, L&U shaped stairs-More hair colors-Alternative fashion(Goth,Punk,lolita)-More rabbit hole careers-Witches,Plantsims,Werewolves.
  • Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    edited January 2018
    I personally voted for eco living first, but alas I wanted solar panels, recycling bins, water saving upgrades and possibilities to lower sim bills, household efficiency system for simoleon saving, trash pits to make compost and things like that.

Guess what we got: LAUNDRY.

I do wish we had graveyards and funerals in the game, but I think they should come up as a patch. More deaths would be nice though, but like everything they might nerf them like they did to emotional deaths.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • SassycottonSassycotton Posts: 438 Member
    I agree we need this badly!!!
    edited October 2018
    [Update: 10/13/18]
    Imagine the opposite of this:
    DpDyMDlXoAE99IG.jpg%20large.jpg

That would be: Get Infamous
    Not as a pack itself, but a feature of the Drama and Danger pack.
    Just lift the fame mechanic and tune it to being infamous instead of famous.

Your sim could gain infamy perks that will allow them to be the center all drama in the world.
    These sims could grow to be really despised in the community if you really go for it.
    You would often see them in the Get To Work jail. And they would be common suspects in investigations.

These are the sims that you can declare a Nemis.
    A true Nemesis that will have you entwined in a decent into drama if you go there.
    They will stalk you like they do in The Sims 2 if you mix it up with them.

[Additional]
    Actually, Get Famous has some Get Infamous game-play built in with its Reputation, Perks, and Quirks game play.
    Post edited by CK213 on
  • PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member
    This looks so cool. I wish it was real.
    This looks so cool. I wish it was real.

So do I. :)
  • nessatay1920nessatay1920 Posts: 459 Member
    Love the ideas! Would love this!
  • IDEAFRIIIDEAFRII Posts: 19 Member
    I'm getting too excited about this idea for my own and my sims' wellbeing.

OP pictured there being enemies for whatever reason but what about there also being allies? Like sims having friendly relationship could ask one another to help with whatever they're doing and the one being asked having the chance to accept or refuse (resulting in a rise or drop in their relationship). There could maybe even be some kind of blood-is-thicker-than-water thing going on.

Not sure how those would be executed though but they aren't anything more than ideas...
  • TheGoodOldGamerTheGoodOldGamer Posts: 3,559 Member
    I couldn't care less about the danger gameplay (and would hope there would be relatively easy ways around it, because it's usually just needless tedium to me most of the time), but I'd want a pack like this just because it's the most likely to have more run-down/worn out build/buy items. Vampires had those wall holes/cracks/stains and we need more of that.

We need worn out furniture. Or make-shift furniture made out of buckets and concrete blocks. We need worn out wallpapers. Torn up floorings. Broken windows. Busted doors. Roofs with shingles missing. Graffiti wall deco. Half-dead plant clutter/deco. Landscaping items that include dead trees, (standing and/or lying along the ground), weeds, overgrown grass, etc.

Maybe even a run down ghetto like world. And all this would be most likely to come in a 'danger' oriented pack, even though again, it's the least wanted pack for me in terms of the gameplay. (But I couldn't care less about Vampires either and got it purely for the wall deco, lol.) So bring it on!
    Live, laugh and love. Life's too short not to.
  • soko37soko37 Posts: 593 Member
    We really need funerals.
  • SnaveXsSnaveXs Posts: 4,322 Member
    Well... There's suppose to be some kind of reputation system, independent of the fame system, so there's that.
    edited October 2018
    SnaveXs wrote: »
    Well... There's suppose to be some kind of reputation system, independent of the fame system, so there's that.

It's sweet that there is a bit of Get Infamous in the system. >:)
    Infamous.png

Get Famous looks like it's going to have some badly needed drama in it with the Reputations system, perks, and quirks. :)
    I had an imaginary experience that is going to inspire me to milk this system.

It occurred with two sims long ago.
    And it was only me reading more into what happened than what was going on, but Get Famous should allow me to play this out.
    CK213 wrote:
    I haven't played Olivia in a while as I played other sims to get their lives started. She owns a high end clothing boutique.
    I should give it some more play.
    10-13-15_5-02-54nbspPM.png

I can see Kara Monteroy back there on the dance club deck.
    10-13-15_5-04-02nbspPM.png

And she is looking very hostile. >:)
    10-13-15_5-05-13nbspPM.png

My imagination says it's directed purely at Olivia.
    10-13-15_5-04-48nbspPM.png

Olivia Banks, beautiful snob, wealthy and everyone loves her... o:)
    10-13-15_5-06-23nbspPM.png

Oh yeah, this green eyed monster in a green dress is going to be hating on you.
    10-13-15_5-05-53nbspPM.png

Olivia is going to have some issues of her own, like being a Juice Enthusiast.
    Juice%20Enthusiast.png

09-05-16_5-13-46nbspPM.png
  • FreezerBunnyCowplantFreezerBunnyCowplant Posts: 3,957 Member
    Still need a little bit more drama in the game, even if Get Famous delivered some. :)
    a256aFi.gif
  • Briana2425Briana2425 Posts: 3,591 Member
    I want burglars back that was unexpected and fun annoying all at the same time and it had action especially if you had a burglar alarm and you called the cops I also want my Sims to fight off the burglar but I dont like nor want when I'm out to not go home when my house is getting robbed because sometimes it's a bug and I'm stuck at the place I'm at which I would rather go home and catch the burglar.