Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sweet Treats worst stuff pack ever?

Comments

• sport0714sport0714 Posts: 142 Member
    I hate it I have to admit. Really have regretted buying it from the beginning. :/
  • lulubadwolflulubadwolf Posts: 630 Member
    edited August 2017
    I had never buy this stuff pack. When i had first heard of it, i thought i could be cool, i like Katy Perry's song and the sims. The two mixed together could not be that bad Huh ? Well when i had see what the stuff pack were about i just say "nope, no way, way to much girly for me". This kind of stuff is just not for me.
  • SimsophoniqueSimsophonique Posts: 1,410 Member
    I got it I like the objects when you like girly, kawaii etc you are enjoying this pack.
    However we got an island counter, a bar but no kitchen counters and high counter ahaha I wish to get it !
    Follow and read Miss V Detective (ts3 story)
    on wordpress: thesimsophonique.wp.com / on dreamwidth: simsophonique.dreamwidth.org
    Follow me on tumblr (sims only)
    simsophonique.tumblr.com (please no triggers I am autistic asperger)
  • Nikkei_SimmerNikkei_Simmer Posts: 9,425 Member
    I think the only way that I'd ever buy that pack is if I went on a completionist binge. Just the title of the stuff pack would probably make me die of saccharine poisoning.
    GYZ6Ak9.png
    Always "River McIrish" ...and maybe some Bebe Hart. ~innocent expression~
  • Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,588 Member
    edited March 2018
    I bought it. I like it... I don't mind you all don't like it. I also made a world called Cake Island with Popsicle Apartments and Donut shaped gyms... It fits well with me. :cookie:

It has nothing to do with Pink or Girly. I learned I can be whatever I want- Girlish, Boyish and Just nothing but whatever.
  • ZeeGeeZeeGee Posts: 5,356 Member
    I bought it. I love it. It has some outlandish items but some really nice ones especially if recolored. And I love Cake Island too @Rflong7! Chocolate AND regular. :)
  • CharlottesmomCharlottesmom Posts: 7,015 Member
    Bought it, love it! Stinks that Steam doesn’t have it as I play on Steam now... :'(
  • KottonKrownKottonKrown Posts: 259 Member
    I used to buy every single Sims related item I could get my hands on. I'm talking DS, Wii, PC, Xbox, PS2... the whole shebang. It was around the time this stuff pack was announced that I stopped doing that and haven't since. I'm not and never have been the target audience admittedly, but I still think that the whole thing is ugly in every single way. Cheesy celeb endorsements with items that I would never even consider using in my game just doesn't do it for me.
    Bring back the Paranormal career already.
  • Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,588 Member
    The Sims has Celebrity endorsements since the .... well, I remember Drew Carey coming to the Great Parties in The Sims. :lol:

Hilary Duff and her dog in TS2 Pets, Songs all the way through TS2... TS3... They get free endorsements with Players and players paying players to watch players play the game. Now that's strange to me. :lol:
  • Ceres_MeirionaCeres_Meiriona Posts: 5,006 Member
    Oh man, me and that cupcake bra were inseparable during my Sim's 3 days. I had some grand fun with this pack. Lol
    tumblr_oesik08PQO1vorh5do6_1280.jpg
  • ZeeGeeZeeGee Posts: 5,356 Member
    Bought it, love it! Stinks that Steam doesn’t have it as I play on Steam now... :'(

@Charlottesmom I KNOW!!! My laptop is Steam edition and I miss it, especially those counters. :) But mostly I play on my desktop. Wish there was a way to get it on Steam.
  • MineWarsMineWars Posts: 16 Member
    edited May 2018
    I never did only one i don't have might buy it for collection so it show up on thesims3.com
    Post edited by MineWars on
  • alanmichael1alanmichael1 Posts: 5,402 Member
    Sweet Treats is by far the best SP ever.
  • brendhan21brendhan21 Posts: 3,427 Member
    Sweet Treats is by far the best SP ever.

how so.
  • ameliaandcynthiaameliaandcynthia Posts: 42 Member
    I like some of the outfits, especially if I make a female Sim with a "sexier" persona.

I always seem to use the wall tiles, too...
  • KarinLKarinL Posts: 3,989 Member

You know, it's my one and only reason NOT to play on Steam. I'd miss Sweet Treats too much.

For me it's one of the better packs, because there were a LOT of items included in it, and I personally did not pay more for it than for any other pack. (I did pre-order, but I found a place that had it on sale for less than I paid for most other SPs.)
    I don't like all the items - some were overly simple and some were overly busy - but I use ST items in all of my worlds no matter what the theme of my game is.

For me the worst pack is Diesel, because of the non-Simlish lettering and the photoshopped 'faded' look of some of the jeans. And the fact that there are no 'plain' versions of the furniture. (I don't particularly like the furniture either.)
    (I know there's a mod to replace the letters, and there's a mod to get rid of overlays and stencils, but I don't think it redeems the pack that there are mods to make it useable...)

• yoshi_dragur2012yoshi_dragur2012 Posts: 1,670 Member
    and yet it's a fact that you get far more superior and FREE CC from gifted modders like ATS3 Sandy.....
  • KarinLKarinL Posts: 3,989 Member
    and yet it's a fact that you get far more superior and FREE CC from gifted modders like ATS3 Sandy.....
    ...but that is a totally different conversation. B)

If I had to chose between no SPs or no third-party content, I'd get rid of all my SPs before removing my CC.
    And Sandy of ATS is hands-down my favourite creator - and has been since Sims 1.

We can have good cc from creators and purshased EA stuffs I don't understand the problem. I got KP and I got Sandy's items.
    on wordpress: thesimsophonique.wp.com / on dreamwidth: simsophonique.dreamwidth.org
  • Rebekah909Rebekah909 Posts: 11 New Member
    i don't like it either.
  • FrigidChickFrigidChick Posts: 59 Member
    I was totally not feeling the KP Sweet Treats stuff. I would've preferred a Sims 3 version of H&M stuff or IKEA Stuff. Seriously, what was up with that whole Katy Perry craze going on in Sims 3? Who asked for that?
  • lisasc360lisasc360 Posts: 19,277 Member
    edited October 2018
    I was totally not feeling the KP Sweet Treats stuff. I would've preferred a Sims 3 version of H&M stuff or IKEA Stuff. Seriously, what was up with that whole Katy Perry craze going on in Sims 3? Who asked for that?

@FrigidChick, it was because Katy Perry had a musical movie that came out the same year that the KP edition of Showtime and the Sweet Treats SP came out, so her PR people got a hold of EA to see about making these packs as a way to promote her upcoming movie in 2012.
    Post edited by lisasc360 on

@FrigidChick Ah ikea I missed it I love it !! And H&M I am a bit deceived by it because of the clothes I got it in the sims 2.
  • bluzkat65bluzkat65 Posts: 483 Member
    ST works great for Christmas time or even a party theme. I created a snow park with ice rink and was able to bling it all up with ST. Even created a ginger bread house.
  • bluzkat65bluzkat65 Posts: 483 Member
    Rflong7 wrote: »
    I bought it. I like it... I don't mind you all don't like it. I also made a world called Cake Island with Popsicle Apartments and Donut shaped gyms... It fits well with me. :cookie:

It has nothing to do with Pink or Girly. I learned I can be whatever I want- Girlish, Boyish and Just nothing but whatever.

The ST's pack is awesome in your Winter Wonderland world too. I updated and blinged up the park. Your worlds are the best!