Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

***1st*** choice for a new sport or activity

2...Next

Comments

• VieraRedMageVieraRedMage Posts: 42 Member
    Pool/Billiards/Snooker
    The game lacks of group activities, I would say any sports which allow 4 sims to play together.
    I have to agree with this. A lot of the group activities still feel like they're solo, so I'd love to see more things that have sims interacting more than just idle banter.

That's part of why I picked pool tables, actually, since that's a nice activity that has wide appeal & usability, has been a staple of the series since I believe TS1, and it would definitely get sims to interact more autonomously more often. My parents had a pool table ages ago when I was a kid and it never failed that people would sort of just gather around and start playing together if someone grabbed a pool stick or cue balls to absently fidget with that table. And seeing as most of my relatives don't even like each other that's saying something about pool tables' power lol.

If they did ever implement pool tables I would really hope they made it usable by kids, though. In my experience, nothing's more fun to a fourth grader than filling the cue ball holder/mold/thing & making the balls ricochet all around the table thudding and clacking into each other as they nyoom all over. Very noisy, but to a 10 year old that's the epitome of fun + funny (apart from potty humour fart machines/whoopie cushions, anyway). Getting taught how to play pool properly was also a nice family bonding experience, too. I'd be really disappointed if my sim kids couldn't play with pool tables.

Otherwise, for kids I would strongly encourage all-age-friendly activities like hide-and-seek, tag/freezetag/Ghost-In-The-Graveyard, hopscotch/chalk-based sidewalk games, The Floor Is Now Lava, and jump ropes (both single user and the really long double-dutch ones). Perhaps it's just my inner 90s kid speaking but my childhood consisted almost entirely of these outdoor activities that seemed to summon every neighborhood kid & tween like magic until sundown/dinner. I'm not sure how often these are done anymore though since I never see kids outside anymore, even at parks; in the 90s these practically summoned random kids and parents the second someone even suggested playing one, so maybe the sims feel the same despite advances in technology & helicopter parenting.

For new activities/my 2nd choice, I think hockey would be a really great option and could work really well with the skating rinks from Seasons, whether that means becoming an interaction on them or the Sims team just using those assets as a base for a standalone hockey rink.
  • RememberJoyRememberJoy Posts: 1,138 Member
    Pool/Billiards/Snooker
    The sims 4 seems to have a hard time coordinating group activities, especially if the sims are moving around (thinking of seasons snowball/water balloon fights). So I think large coordinated games like soccer, hockey, or volleyball wouldn't flow very well.
    But a less active group game like billiards I could see working well and being a lot of fun.
  • LuckySimmer10LuckySimmer10 Posts: 116 Member
    edited October 2018
    Acrobatics/Gymnastics
    I'd really love to see acrobatics/gymnastics, but my second choice would be professional dance. (I'm not sure where the second poll would be). Baseball would also be cool.
    Post edited by LuckySimmer10 on
  • CorkysPetalsCorkysPetals Posts: 1,400 Member
    Parkour
    The sims 4 seems to have a hard time coordinating group activities

I just watched some videos from Sims 1 Vacation. Somehow they managed to get 3+ sims to play volleyball together. I don't know anything about game design, but it seems that If they could get 5 sims (3 on one side, 2 on the other) to play together back in 2002, they should be able to figure it out for Sims 4

• karlakoukarlakou Posts: 23 Member
    Dance/Ballet/Ballroom
    I think I would love to see ballroom dancing for the storytelling element! I am a huge fan of Pride and Prejudice, so it would be so cute to have an Elizabeth and Mr. Darcy dancing around. :smile:
  • CorkysPetalsCorkysPetals Posts: 1,400 Member
    Parkour
    karlakou wrote: »
    I think I would love to see ballroom dancing for the storytelling element! I am a huge fan of Pride and Prejudice, so it would be so cute to have an Elizabeth and Mr. Darcy dancing around. :smile:
    With some Regency era clothing and music :)

• Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    Volleyball
    I recall having Volley Ball in Sims 1 - I think it was - and have sort of wished having it again. It was one of the things I used to have my sim households do together that seemed to get them all in good spirits. So I am hoping if we do get a beach kind of pack at some point - we get Volley Ball on the beach for up to 8 Sims and that it raises their fun and friendship levels.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• soko37soko37 Posts: 593 Member
    Soccer/Football
    I only chose this because I want parents to be able to play catch with their kids. I would choose baseball and football really.
  • TikomoiTikomoi Posts: 10 New Member
    Snowboarding/Skateboarding
    I picked skateboard, but I would be fine with ballet too (actually I'm craving for ballet lol. And partner dance!). I just feel like it comes with more personality than the other sports. Golf would be great too!
  • Saturn830Saturn830 Posts: 54 Member
    Soccer/Football
    I have to go with the most popular sport in the world.

Dancing is my second choice.
  • SnaveXsSnaveXs Posts: 4,322 Member
    Volleyball
    Cynna wrote: »
    Wow. It was so difficult to choose! I wish that we could have everything on the list. However, we haven't seen anything like a volleyball game since never? Or, maybe, TS1? It could be so much fun. Especially, if there were also a version for the pool.

There was volleyball in the Sims 1 Vacation expansion pack. I would like to see that return too.
  • Louise_G0325Louise_G0325 Posts: 1,040 Member
    Dance/Ballet/Ballroom
    I really really want some awesome choreographed Pride and Prejudice style, ballroom etc. dances. I like building fancy lounges, but then my sims dance like hooligans inside them :(
    I also like history play and yeah, you can see why that doesn't work well.

Slow dancing would also probably be included under this category, so yeah I think most simmers would love this feature.
  • LanieBorneLanieBorne Posts: 74 Member
    Acrobatics/Gymnastics
    Even though I would like ballet and ballroom dancing, along with volleyball, I feel like gymnastics will be easier for the developers to develop and integrate into the game. Plus, I'm a gymnast. Could be fun!