March 29th - It's time for our Friday Highlights! You can check them out here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Really EA Maxis Get Famous:(EP)(Please Close)

Sid1701D9Sid1701D9 Posts: 4,718 Member
edited October 2018 in The Sims 4 Game Feedback
All I really wanted is a desert world with snow and I am pretty sure the get Famous world won't have any snow since its based around Hollywood and snow would ruin the parties. I even did a poll forum and your still going to add another world with no snow or like Oasis Springs but green. I am glad that your influenced by the starlight fame, I would buy Get Famous, but because Seasons was not what I expected it to be Get Famous is the last Expansion pack I will buy. So keep on making more stuff because I think I am skipping this one because its not what I want in my Sims Game.

Notice: Anything that seems to be incomplete or missing or broken is the result of being edited and is not my fault and is not me or my believes in the matter.
Sid1701d-"I love my life, live my life and live to play, laugh and have fun."

"Love will Fight, Love will Win and Love will Survive."
Post edited by Sid1701D9 on

Comments

• AtomicSimmerAtomicSimmer Posts: 1,133 Member
    Oh cry me a river. I believe that the seasons go to all worlds if you have that pack.
    ATOMICSIMMER
    Sims Fanboy
    Play with Life
  • QueenMercyQueenMercy Posts: 1,680 Member
    Do we already have confirmation that it won’t snow in the new world?
  • luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,617 Member
    QueenMercy wrote: »
    Do we already have confirmation that it won’t snow in the new world?

No. But it's being assumed it's based on Los Angeles, which is urban, not a desert, and which doesn't snow.

Also honestly, a desert world where snow stays probably isn't going to interest enough Simmers to ever get developed. The OP should look into the weather control device in the Seasons pack.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • thatsnotswegthatsnotsweg Posts: 696 Member
    edited October 2018
    I hope you end up getting the world you want someday.

I'm pretty happy with what we're getting since I wanted another warm place to live besides Oasis Springs. I'm hoping this fits the bill.
    gallery ID: thatsnotsweg

vYCrjvm.png
  • jimmysnanjimmysnan Posts: 8,303 Member
    I'm not super excited about this pack either, and am hoping also that we never have a world that is desert and snows. However I think this is a pun or a bit of sarcasm on the OP's part. As maybe it snows in Oasis Springs in his game. Anyway if we are lucky we will get the packs we want before the end of sims 4.
  • cheifeagleeyecheifeagleeye Posts: 542 Member
    I rather fix bugs and glitches and lagging, freezing than giving any new pack out
  • x4m1r4x4m1r4 Posts: 3,901 Member
    I rather fix bugs and glitches and lagging, freezing than giving any new pack out

This reminds me that, I haven't played with my legacy household for nearly a month. I build houses instead.. :#

I hope that it will snow... or at least we can see the season transition.. It will be so much fun with all the fans & paparazzi swarming the celebrities in the rain, blizzard, thunderstorm.. Just hope that there will be no winter massacre.. :s
    OID:- x4m1r4
  • Sid1701D9Sid1701D9 Posts: 4,718 Member
    edited October 2018
    I asked them in the live stream if it would snow in the new world they said no. Hollywood is just another desert but green with a sea breeze.

• Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited October 2018
    Sid1701D9 wrote: »
    All I really wanted is a desert world with snow and I am pretty sure the get Famous world won't have any snow since its based around Hollywood and snow would ruin the parties. I even did a poll forum and your still going to add another world with no snow or like Oasis Springs but green. I am glad that your influenced by the starlight fame, I would buy Get Famous, but because Seasons was not what I expected it to be Get Famous is the last Expansion pack I will buy. So keep on making more stuff because I think I am skipping this one because its not what I want in my Sims Game.

Sims 3 - has desert worlds with snow - I'm sort of glad this one did not follow suit.
    Post edited by Writin_Reg on

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    I asked them in the live stream if it would snow in the new world they said no. Hollywood is just another desert but green with a sea breeze.

Wowww well that's a bummer. Snow is one of my favorite things about Seasons. If you use mods, there are some out there to alter which worlds get snow and how severe it is/long it lasts. You could also use the weather changer device from Seasons.

But this is interesting because I hadn't even considered what the weather would be like in the new world, so good topic OP.
    edited October 2018
    Chazzzy wrote: »

Wowww well that's a bummer. Snow is one of my favorite things about Seasons. If you use mods, there are some out there to alter which worlds get snow and how severe it is/long it lasts. You could also use the weather changer device from Seasons.

But this is interesting because I hadn't even considered what the weather would be like in the new world, so good topic OP.

. I can make my Aunt and Uncles place in CA as it never snows there. The live in Burbank on a beautiful piece of property with flowers and gardens everywhere. My uncle said it snowed once in the 58 years they have lived there.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!

Now real true LA or Las Los Angeles, I would not say it never snows there they may get a skif or dusting on the top of the Hollywood Hills or the Coastal Range, but not enough to build a snowman, so I knew the new GF won't get snow because since Maxis is located in San Francisco, California there idea of a rich and famous town is snowless, which that I don't care about so munch as the deserts being a iffy point. Las Angeles tends to see snow once every 6 years if they are lucky.

• stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    edited October 2018
    Personally I’ll be happy to have another world where my Sims can fish in the winter. To each his/her own. B)

And I’d say it’s way less frequent than every 6 years for snow in LA unless you’re taking about a light dusting on the San Gabriels. Here in Silly Con Valley the last significant snow we had on the valley floor was 1977 (I was a high school junior) though we frequently get snow on Mt. Hamilton and some of the other hills.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member
    If anything it should be an option as there are things of fantasy in the game that do not even exist in RL. The OP asked for snow and he gets roasted for it. The OP has an right to post his opinion as everyone else. I wouldn't mind having snow in the new world myself.
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    If people want snow in Del Sol Valley+ the Weatger Machine is an option.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
    edited October 2018
    Cynna wrote: »
    I wish that Seasons was left up to the player to decide. I mean, it's technology and a feature from, what, ten years ago? It's a shame that the EA crew keep building the game that they want and forgetting that it should be up to the players to decide what they want. (That shouldn't include a machine that requires a certain level of skill and has a built-in percentage of failure either.) Complete control would have been a win-win for every customer, not just some.

No it's not. It is newly created technology for this game - just like Sims 2 weather was created for that game and engine, and then created anew for the updated changed engine and language for Sims 3. Each one took the work of creating from scratch for the language and design and engine of the game.

That's like saying ten years ago you baked a cake. If today you bake the same kind of cake it is not from anything you did 10 years ago just because you baked that kind of cake before. It's all new each rendition - even programming has vastly changed in things like that in the last 7-8 years. It is far from the same and nothing carries over from a different game.

In dreams - I LIVE!

• Evie0602Evie0602 Posts: 634 Member
    If people want snow in Del Sol Valley+ the Weatger Machine is an option.

The snow won't stick on the ground though if the world wasn't meant to have snow. In Oasis Springs even if you use the weather machine the snow doesn't stick on the ground, so sims can't do snow activities like building snowpals or having snowball fights. So if Del Sol Valley wasn't meant to have snow, then even with the weather machine it won't have proper snow. I really hope it does have snow because winter is my favorite season and I love snow in the game.
    edited October 2018
    All I get from Oasis Springs is Sunsnow even if I choose blizzard on the weather machine, I live in a high desert, but many don't understand the conceptual differences between the low desert and a desert on top of a plateau, this place is so beautiful I wish they would add this place into the game, they would truly appreciate this valley with gently sloping hills on one side until you get to the top flat mesa until you walk to fall and the ground just falls straight down a sheer drop to the valley floor. The valley is considered a desert with a average amount of less than 1" precipitation rain or snow a month and annual precipitation of 9.41 inches. We got two wet seasons because we are in the path of both the polar jet stream and low enough in latitude to be influenced by the Subtropical Jet stream during the Late Summer to Early Fall. To me this place is like Oasis Springs, snow sticks here sometimes its only here for 24 hours, a inch or two and sometimes it is here for a week and than gone the next week. Average winter temperatures in grand junction are around 65 degrees but have dropped down below freezing and single digits if a powerful cold front comes through.

Edit
    This beautiful place deserves to be in the sims game.

I tried the wrong way it didn't work, all it got was me getting more upset. I even tried the right way with a poll, but did that help no they push another world with no snow. I wouldn't care so munch if I wasn't playing in Oasis Springs when seasons came out because I pretended it was a high desert and there was nothing saying it wasn't cactus can live in cold deserts they just don't grow as tall as the ones in the southern deserts they are short stubby things.
    Post edited by Sid1701D9 on

• x4m1r4x4m1r4 Posts: 3,901 Member
    All I get from Oasis Springs is Sunsnow even if I choose blizzard on the weather machine, I live in a high desert, but many don't understand the conceptual differences between the low desert and a desert on top of a plateau, this place is so beautiful I wish they would add this place into the game, they would truly appreciate this valley with gently sloping hills on one side until you get to the top flat mesa until you walk to fall and the ground just falls straight down a sheer drop to the valley floor. The valley is considered a desert with a average amount of less than 1" precipitation rain or snow a month and annual precipitation of 9.41 inches. We got two wet seasons because we are in the path of both the polar jet stream and low enough in latitude to be influenced by the Subtropical Jet stream during the Late Summer to Early Fall. To me this place is like Oasis Springs, snow sticks here sometimes its only here for 24 hours, a inch or two and sometimes it is here for a week and than gone the next week. Average winter temperatures in grand junction are around 65 degrees but have dropped down below freezing and single digits if a powerful cold front comes through.

Edit
    This beautiful place deserves to be in the sims game.

Sounds interesting... Never live in a desert area, but I've been to one.. and I think it's pretty amazing as you said if we could see a snow there. I personally think, IRL we are too used to having desert = no/little snow = less rain. Tropical = heavy rain = no snow... It will be interesting if we can see how it looks like, at least in a game.. :)
    OID:- x4m1r4
    edited October 2018
    Here is some pictures of plateau desert cactuses, these are high desert cactuses. At least some of them some grow one the western slope of the Rockies.

http://www.americansouthwest.net/plants/cacti/colorado.html

Edit: I certain note: This valley was covered in white alkaline before it was settled, only the most hardy plants would grow in it and was toxic to most other forms of plant life.

• Jordan061102Jordan061102 Posts: 3,918 Member
    It was an easy choice for them to create a world with no snow. Hooe the next world will get snow.
    Lu4ERme.gif
  • CupidCupid Posts: 3,623 Member
    Maybe you can team up with the radio stations guy and form a protest
    HdLHa3j.png
    (◡‿◡✿)
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top