Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

So Fed Up with Bugs and Gltiches

12345679...Next

Comments

• CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    I completely understand that AI takes control when needed, however, to have them in outfits that aren't even in their wardrobes? These are sims wearing outfits that aren't apart of their wardrobe at all how is that normal? What is the point of even giving us the option to make sims over if they will just wear something else completely at random? How does that give the player a choice or coincide with the whole "You Rule" concept of the game? But its part of the programming with the AI so we just have to accept it right? This shouldn't have been a thing. For me, I don't recall this being a huge issue until after city living came out and then it just got worse from there on with each new pack or at least the packs with the most flamboyant clothing. There a huge difference between game generated townies being in random clothing and townies players makeover and create. Yes, randomly dressed townies happened in ALL the games no one is denying that. However, this is happening to Sims who have established wardrobes already. Sims players create and makeover. Sims players rotate with and see when their current household is out and they know that's not apart of their normal wardrobe. That can't be normal. That did not happen in prior games. At least not to my knowledge.

It didn't happen in this game, either, until CL, Gender Patch and Vampires when they started monkying around with outfits and decided no a Sim who was supposed to show up in a formal would now show up in a llama head. Or those vamp clothes just because they can do it, so it didn't matter what players wanted. I wanted my formals, swimsuits, and party outfits to be worn when those events happen and not stick all townies and my own Sims I wasn't playing in something Maxis thought was cool, not.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • MidnightAuraMidnightAura Posts: 5,809 Member
    edited October 2018
    Writin_Reg wrote: »
    Zasz wrote: »
    @Writin_Reg You never had a household full of water drinking addicted vampires? Or addicted to mixing drinks? A full household was never standing still? Traveling sims never met a towny with what can only be labeld an accident of an outfit?

I have never had a housefull of vamps drinking water - no. Never had them drinking period. I have had a Butler in a non-vampire house obsessed with the Globe bar so I removed the bar and put a regular one and no more problem. The last thing I have no idea what you were talking about for townies - unless you mean the weird way they dress and I have always seen that in all the Sims games. We use to laugh a Gumpy Gilsgarbo or what ever his name was in Sims 2 all the time over his strange clothing combos - so if that is what you are talking about - well that's just the Sims NPCs are always like that. I was just glad this time the devs have made many attempts to curb a lot of that in CL - but that is not new. If that is not what you were saying then I have no clue.

But sorry - I don't get those issues. I see plenty of people post them - seen them on videos - it just doesn't happen in my game.

Just to add I rarely have any Sims living in the CL world as i am not fond of the CL apts. So naturally i don't have Sims with glasses all over the place. My Sims go to all the festivals and visit CL a lot but don't live there. My Sims live in all the rest of the worlds though.

To clarify, what I believe @Zasz is talking about with the townies is them walking around in outfits that are not apart of their usual wardrobe. I see this in my game as well. I know what each townie and premades wardrobe because I either gave then all makeovers or created them myself. So at night when they pass by my current households home or are walking around the neighborhood wearing random clothes that are not apart of their usual wardrobe I'm a bit irritated because it took forever to make wardrobes for all of the over 200 sims in my game. It's different when its game generated townies and I see them trotting around wearing random things, but the sims I went in and took so long to give a makeover to? Yea I do not like that very much.

I have this. Sims wear the hood from the bee keeping suit when at the spa, sometimes with gloves. Sims at the romance festival wearing the llama head. Sims at Geek con going there in their underwear and a t shirt. That's not sims dressing abnormally for fun, that's a bug. I have two high end gaming pcs and I've seen the game on my ps4 pro and it's present on all three. No mods, no cc.

It's not game breaking but it is silly. And the cynical part of me wonders if that's what the influencer career is set to "fix" as in that career we have been told we can offer make overs to sims.

That though has been in all the Sims games - NPCs just randomly dress weird no matter how many times we re-dress them and always have. I constantly complained about that in Sims 2 so I know it is no worse in any other sims game. I have actually had better control of it in Sims 4 than 2 or 3 - which usually happens after the Devs again address the issue - which they didn't use to do very much - but definitely not worse in Sims 4 than past games. Sim we don't play with just wear the weirdest new thing that gets added to every pack until the devs try and curb it back. I have just seen it so many years now - I really tend to try and ignore it as it is usually at a fair or in Sims 4 case a Festival. But yes of course I see that - always have at those places. I just try an ignore it - they are NPCs and the AI can pick their stuff at random - so it does.

I do tend to not let my sim associate with the weird dressers though and stick to talking with the rest. LOL.

ETA - Any part of the game under AI control is always going to take away your control. that is how AI is - it controls the play players do not have so even if you change their clothes but they are not your Sims and AI has control of them - it will continue to do what it is programmed to do with Sims you are not truly in control of. It's programming and the way it works - like it or not. Technically your control stops at the Sims you actually play - so the fact you can control anything on an NPC is a step forward - as technically AI is in charge of them.

The spa issue is a bug. The sims wearing hats at night clubs and festivals was also a big that was acknowledged and fixed. The sims 1-3 was not that bad for weird clothing, it just wasn’t. Sims didn’t always wear underwear and a t shirt to Geek con. I have no mods or cc and it only started recently and yes my specs are way above the recommended so it’s not my rig, nor my Husband’s. The bee keeping hoods in spas is a recent thing too. I don’t agree the sims in previous games was a bad. It just wasn’t. But if the game is so flawless why does it get a monthly bug patch? (Occasionally thrown in with free items a bug fix exercise first and foremost)

Let’s not divert attention to previous games to excuse sims 4 bugs.
    Cinebar wrote: »
    @Writin_Reg You never had a household full of water drinking addicted vampires? Or addicted to mixing drinks? A full household was never standing still? Traveling sims never met a towny with what can only be labeld an accident of an outfit?

I have never had a housefull of vamps drinking water - no. Never had them drinking period. I have had a Butler in a non-vampire house obsessed with the Globe bar so I removed the bar and put a regular one and no more problem. The last thing I have no idea what you were talking about for townies - unless you mean the weird way they dress and I have always seen that in all the Sims games. We use to laugh a Gumpy Gilsgarbo or what ever his name was in Sims 2 all the time over his strange clothing combos - so if that is what you are talking about - well that's just the Sims NPCs are always like that. I was just glad this time the devs have made many attempts to curb a lot of that in CL - but that is not new. If that is not what you were saying then I have no clue.

But sorry - I don't get those issues. I see plenty of people post them - seen them on videos - it just doesn't happen in my game.

Just to add I rarely have any Sims living in the CL world as i am not fond of the CL apts. So naturally i don't have Sims with glasses all over the place. My Sims go to all the festivals and visit CL a lot but don't live there. My Sims live in all the rest of the worlds though.

To clarify, what I believe @Zasz is talking about with the townies is them walking around in outfits that are not apart of their usual wardrobe. I see this in my game as well. I know what each townie and premades wardrobe because I either gave then all makeovers or created them myself. So at night when they pass by my current households home or are walking around the neighborhood wearing random clothes that are not apart of their usual wardrobe I'm a bit irritated because it took forever to make wardrobes for all of the over 200 sims in my game. It's different when its game generated townies and I see them trotting around wearing random things, but the sims I went in and took so long to give a makeover to? Yea I do not like that very much.

I have this. Sims wear the hood from the bee keeping suit when at the spa, sometimes with gloves. Sims at the romance festival wearing the llama head. Sims at Geek con going there in their underwear and a t shirt. That's not sims dressing abnormally for fun, that's a bug. I have two high end gaming pcs and I've seen the game on my ps4 pro and it's present on all three. No mods, no cc.

It's not game breaking but it is silly. And the cynical part of me wonders if that's what the influencer career is set to "fix" as in that career we have been told we can offer make overs to sims.

Omg , this would drive me nuts. I saw this sort of bug when the repair person would come over to fix something and was wearing some weird gear head thing, after a patch after we got the repair guy back in this game. It was a literal bug. So, I'm not sure how others can possibly think this is supposed to be normal for Sims who are supposed to be in party outfits, or formals or swimwear show up in a llama head. Reading stuff like this is why I refuse to reinstall TS4, it's such a mess I would be here all day rasing cane. I am sort of interested in the acting career in the new pack but I wonder how many townies will be going around in the beast outfit from the Black Lagoon or something? I bet more than I want to deal with.

Of course its a bug. As I said they spent a while fixing the issue where sims would go clubbing wearing top hats. We can pretend it’s “normal” but it’s not. When I had mc command installed I like that the modder included a fix for these issues. Sims at the romance festival wearing llama heads was not always like that. At one point they fixed weird hats at festivals and clubs but at some point it’s crept back in. No doubt with all the over the top costumes coming with the new pack it will just magnify the issue.
  • Amistri2016Amistri2016 Posts: 65 Member
    Cinebar wrote: »

Omg , this would drive me nuts. I saw this sort of bug when the repair person would come over to fix something and was wearing some weird gear head thing, after a patch after we got the repair guy back in this game. It was a literal bug. So, I'm not sure how others can possibly think this is supposed to be normal for Sims who are supposed to be in party outfits, or formals or swimwear show up in a llama head. Reading stuff like this is why I refuse to reinstall TS4, it's such a mess I would be here all day rasing cane. I am sort of interested in the acting career in the new pack but I wonder how many townies will be going around in the beast outfit from the Black Lagoon or something? I bet more than I want to deal with.

Of course its a bug. As I said they spent a while fixing the issue where sims would go clubbing wearing top hats. We can pretend it’s “normal” but it’s not. When I had mc command installed I like that the modder included a fix for these issues. Sims at the romance festival wearing llama heads was not always like that. At one point they fixed weird hats at festivals and clubs but at some point it’s crept back in. No doubt with all the over the top costumes coming with the new pack it will just magnify the issue.

It wouldn't magnify the issue if they learned how to properly integrate each addition. Good programmers know how to do this. What baffles me the most is how they managed to get out any part of this game at all. When you plan a game, you should already have the next few expansions fully prepared to start the process of a future release date. To do this you would need to have your own set up to make sure the process unfolds. Will there be glitches on release, sure but it is how you deal with them when they arise. If you already have your own testing place as a team, you find the glitches more easily. Not like they don't have "simmers" available to step up & actually play to see what might go wrong before the release date. Alpha versions & Beta versions exist for a reason. I think this is where EA/Maxis miss out. These to me are essential if you want your game to be fun & successful instead of being constantly riddled with repeat glitches.
  • Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    It's not a bug. The AI tells them to put on a piece of clothing - a hat so they don a hat - Bee Keepers hat is just any hat to the Sims. Just like the towel is actually listed as a wearable out fit - it's not listed as a towel just for the spa. The game cannot differate in a bee keepers hat to any other hat because it is not programmed to see that as anything but a hat and clothing as anything but clothing. A game does not see what you see - it sees what it is programmed to see. So how is that a bug? If they identified the bee keepers hats as just for bee keeping that would be one thing - but they don't so to allow simmers to choose to use it for other things - like costumes etc. It is just a randomly picked hat by the AI and not a thing that could change that and still give the players choices on how they use their content.

Maybe if they ever get an AI able to differ-ate hats like the human brain that has been taught this things that would be one thing - it is still just Artificial Intelligence and it sees a hat as a hat - a wearable towel as an outfit.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

I’m not going to argue, all I will say is if it’s not a bug why did the Gurus fix it previously? Why did they ask for help here and on twitter? It was fixed and now the issue has returned.

Let’s not pretend sims going out with llama hats and their underwear is normal or just something that has always happened because it has not.
  • NorthDakotaGamerNorthDakotaGamer Posts: 2,559 Member
    It's not a bug. The AI tells them to put on a piece of clothing - a hat so they don a hat - Bee Keepers hat is just any hat to the Sims. Just like the towel is actually listed as a wearable out fit - it's not listed as a towel just for the spa. The game cannot differate in a bee keepers hat to any other hat because it is not programmed to see that as anything but a hat and clothing as anything but clothing. A game does not see what you see - it sees what it is programmed to see. So how is that a bug? If they identified the bee keepers hats as just for bee keeping that would be one thing - but they don't so to allow simmers to choose to use it for other things - like costumes etc. It is just a randomly picked hat by the AI and not a thing that could change that and still give the players choices on how they use their content.

Maybe if they ever get an AI able to differ-ate hats like the human brain that has been taught this things that would be one thing - it is still just Artificial Intelligence and it sees a hat as a hat - a wearable towel as an outfit.

So in other words, the AI programming is so flawed it makes the ENTIRE GAME UNPLAYABLE to people like me with very high standards. Is that what you are saying? Guess the team needs to fix a flawed AI.
  • MendotaMendota Posts: 794 Member
    Never had my sims go out in underware so far... As for the hats, well I am not big on hats anyway, but if it makes the little sims happy to don one on the way out, who am I to ruin their fun?

Seriously though if the game upsets some of you this much, why keep playing it? And to say that Sims 3 wasn't as buggy is laughable. It just had bugs that those that liked it were willing to put up with or fix with mods. The same is true in the Sims 4 which is far less buggy than it's predecessors.
  • violaineTviolaineT Posts: 48 Member
    Quote: "TS3 can be played without CC or mods. It just crashes ever so often. "

TS3 with cc and mods (nraas....) don't crash if you reach to put some limit to yourself. Which can be very hard as we love to have the most possible things.

Besides the frustrating restrictions you have to put, it takes a lot of time to find the limits too. Now I find they were less bugs and glitches as you say so it's doable at least.
    I could advise like x Sims max y buildings but it's more complex as it depends a lot on which cc and what hardware you use so sorry.
    I’m not going to argue, all I will say is if it’s not a bug why did the Gurus fix it previously? Why did they ask for help here and on twitter? It was fixed and now the issue has returned.

Let’s not pretend sims going out with llama hats and their underwear is normal or just something that has always happened because it has not.

Then you were not paying attention in the past games as I still see sims in Sims 3 standing in a formal suit coat in their underwear at a wedding. But you must have missed those. Or How about the clown face make up and hair on my politician at a charitable speech - I suppose that falls under normal because it's not Sims 4. What ever.

I tired of bickering what has always been in the game because Sims 4 has it too and because you think AI should know one hat or outfit from the other and still give you a choice to pick from them too.

In dreams - I LIVE!

Then you were not paying attention in the past games as I still see sims in Sims 3 standing in a formal suit coat in their underwear at a wedding. But you must have missed those. Or How about the clown face make up and hair on my politician at a charitable speech - I suppose that falls under normal because it's not Sims 4. What ever.

I tired of bickering what has always been in the game because Sims 4 has it too and because you think AI should know one hat or outfit from the other and still give you a choice to pick from them too.

No I have never seen sims 3 sims in their underwear at the beach. But by all means keep deflecting to make the sims 4 look better. The Gurus clearly don’t agree it’s normal as I have said and you conveniently ignore - they patched the issues with sims wearing top hats at inappropriate locations. But whatever.
    edited October 2018

No I have never seen sims 3 sims in their underwear at the beach. But by all means keep deflecting to make the sims 4 look better. The Gurus clearly don’t agree it’s normal as I have said and you conveniently ignore - they patched the issues with sims wearing top hats at inappropriate locations. But whatever.

https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/743606/my-sims-wears-weird-clothes-everytime-he-steps-out-of-the-shower

One of many - MANY threads.... from 3.

In dreams - I LIVE!

This is a topic about the sims 4 not the sims 3. Stop trying to change the subject and deflect away from someone’s legitimate complaint. Someone else’s complaint doesn’t impact on your game play or experience and actually sometimes people have the right to bring that to devs attention without someone popping up to say specifically they aren’t having the issue or that this happened in such a such a game. - that’s then this is now and the topic is the sims 4.

This is my last post on the matter as this is going off topic.
  • Noree_DoreeNoree_Doree Posts: 1,470 Member

This is my last comment on the subject: This is the 4th iteration. If they still cannot get the AI right then there's something seriously wrong here. Just because TS3 and TS2 had it does not mean 4 should and doesn't mean people should accept it because it happened in the previous game. This game has continuously been advertised by the gurus as better than TS3 as well as they have talked down on the sims 3 in the past, but here we go again with the same issues that surface in the sims 4. We all have a right to want this fixed. You should too since you claim to have seen it since TS2. You should not accept this in yet another iteration. That's not fair to you as a consumer. But that is all I have to say about that.
    "Bada su the gorn bada su the brawn bada bady oda aba donk donk donk gerbits gerbits vo gerbits".
  • JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    edited October 2018

That though has been in all the Sims games - NPCs just randomly dress weird no matter how many times we re-dress them and always have. I constantly complained about that in Sims 2 so I know it is no worse in any other sims game. I have actually had better control of it in Sims 4 than 2 or 3 - which usually happens after the Devs again address the issue - which they didn't use to do very much - but definitely not worse in Sims 4 than past games. Sim we don't play with just wear the weirdest new thing that gets added to every pack until the devs try and curb it back. I have just seen it so many years now - I really tend to try and ignore it as it is usually at a fair or in Sims 4 case a Festival. But yes of course I see that - always have at those places. I just try an ignore it - they are NPCs and the AI can pick their stuff at random - so it does.

I do tend to not let my sim associate with the weird dressers though and stick to talking with the rest. LOL.

ETA - Any part of the game under AI control is always going to take away your control. that is how AI is - it controls the play players do not have so even if you change their clothes but they are not your Sims and AI has control of them - it will continue to do what it is programmed to do with Sims you are not truly in control of. It's programming and the way it works - like it or not. Technically your control stops at the Sims you actually play - so the fact you can control anything on an NPC is a step forward - as technically AI is in charge of them.
    Can only speak for Sims 3, but NPC's only wear strange outfits when the game generated them that way. When you change them into something else, they'll wear that.

I don't think this topic is about semantics. Some will call it a bug, others will call it an issue. And an issue it is, when they haven't programmed the game properly.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • ZaszZasz Posts: 806 Member
    This is how one of them looks:
    https://ea.i.lithium.com/t5/image/serverpage/image-id/48190iF5F7489A3D86D445/
    If you look at the NPC left of the outfits, you see an outfit thats not in the actual outfit collection. Outfits are a huge portion of the game and to hide an outfit thats obviously causing issues without any means to edit it is worse than a bug. Its incompetence and they refuse to fix it. There is no excuse for this kind of failure!
  • Tremayne4260Tremayne4260 Posts: 3,126 Member
    My Sim was a vet with her own practice, she had reached 5 stars and had two fully qualified vets and making a small fortune. Then we had the Origin update, went into game and lo and behold, my Sim no longer had a vet.practice, it was up for sale. So I have had to start again. It seems every time there is an origin update something happens, last time, my whole game had disappeared, fortunately this time, only a business, which I am having to build up again. The two vets employed by my Sim were looking for jobs, so had to re-employ them, and their wages because of their experience is crippling the accounts, because the business is having to be built up again. Why does this happen every time there is an origin update. I cringe when I see them now.

I always recommend that you always have a backup copy of your game on either an external hard drive or a USB thumb drive. We had a problem on the Mac OS where peoples saves would "disappear" or be transferred to the Cloud when they updated either the game or Origin.

And if you keep having repeat bugs, keep reporting it to EA/Maxis. The more data they have, the easier it is to fix the problem. Even if you've reported it before, keep the dialogue open and provide evidence of when it happens. Keep track of the issue, what you do and how often it occurs.

Second Star to the Right and Straight on 'til Morning.
  • fruitsbasket101fruitsbasket101 Posts: 1,530 Member
    A good fix to this would just be to get rid of the situational outfits all together. Why do our sims need to dress a certain way at any of the festivals ,with the exception of geek con, anyway? Never made any sense to me. For people who still want sims in costumes at geek con why not make it so that only certain npc sims, created just for that purpose, dress up instead of everybody. If you want your sim in costume then you can dress them up like normal.
    Have a super fantastic awesome splendid amazing day! -TheQxxn
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    Mendota wrote: »
    Never had my sims go out in underware so far... As for the hats, well I am not big on hats anyway, but if it makes the little sims happy to don one on the way out, who am I to ruin their fun?

Seriously though if the game upsets some of you this much, why keep playing it? And to say that Sims 3 wasn't as buggy is laughable. It just had bugs that those that liked it were willing to put up with or fix with mods. The same is true in the Sims 4 which is far less buggy than it's predecessors.

TS3 had routing issues and spawning issues. It didn't have townies showing up in work outfits of the careers where they weren't even employed. In TS4, I have seen my own Sims show up in career outfits for TS4 and they weren't even in those careers, or vendors or whatever.
  • GarethlexGarethlex Posts: 159 Member
    Sorry if this has already been mentioned but my current art retail all my perks have been reset !! And it’s showing that I can repurchase them all again !? When they should be greyed out!? Very off putting considering I put a lot of energy into obtaining those perks it’s like everything has been wiped !! 😡😡😡