Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Build-n-Share Challenge #182 **Jack Frost Comes Knocking** Due February 29, 2024

Comments

• Cebu2coolCebu2cool Posts: 46 Member
    Cebu2cool wrote: »
    SimTresa wrote: »
    Hmm well I have wanted to do a subterranean house. And are you looking for a ghost? Cause I don't have Vampires.

I think you could probably get away with designing a human to look like a vampire. Even without the expansion/stuff pack, there are some outfits that are elegant/outdated enough to work, and you could certainly tweak the facial features and hairstyles to work together. (I'm not a big fan of the "weirder" Halloween-esque looks on the vampires myself, so I rarely use them, even for my vampires' transformed state.) Caleb Vatore is one of my favorite vampires in the game, and his normal look is pretty reproduceable with a human.

EDIT: On further inspection, this is DEFINITELY doable! Mostly, because I didn't realize you can't make a vampire from the get-go in CAS. Shows how often I use vampires. XD I'm having to start with a human and then cheat the vampire trait once he's placed.

The normal sim in CAS is a throw away, when you make an alien or vampire . The second sim you make has the option to be created as an occult.

Make the vamp toss the other sim.

Yes, but why should you need to toss a sim? It should be an option from the get-go, just like it was in Sims 3 with occult sims. I never had to throw away a sim to make the head of house a fairy or other type. While I was looking for a solution, I also found people who were frustrated about having tweaked a sim's appearance just right and then changed their mind about them being vampire/human - then having to throw them away just as you said. It was there I discovered you can't even make a twin of the original sim to play with vampire traits or dark forms before you decide, because it makes the twin human automatically.

I know plenty of simmers have posted that they can make a sim in five minutes, but I am one who takes a long time to make just the right decisions on facial features, hair, makeup, etc. It's a lot quicker and easier to use the cheat, try them as a vampire, and if I decide I like that, modify their dark form in advanced CAS through the cheats if necessary.

I agree it's not an ideal process. The lack of ability to make a vampire from the get go strikes me as incomplete. So is the lack of an in-game vampire/alien/both toggle, it feels incomplete to me too.

• iampes23iampes23 Posts: 704 Member
    SIM ENTRY FORM
    CHALLENGE #105 -LIFE AFTER LIFE[/b]
    FORUM ID: iampes23
    ORIGIN ID: iampes23
    LEVEL: Established
    HOUSEHOLD: https://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/B64674B8CD5111E8877D77C0F1EC7B3C?category=all&searchtype=hashtag&sortby=newest&time=all&searchquery=BnS105&max=50&maxis=false
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: https://imgur.com/a/RarY6u0 (a work in progress since imgur messed it up :( )
    ENTRY DETAILS: "Mr. Seth" is really Seth Andrew Pettigrew. He is eccentric, rich, and has some odd hobbies! He is a vampire, so don't expect him to visit during the day. He wants to be the leader of the pack in popularity. He is also a snob, an insider, and a music lover! When he said he hosted art events, he really meant it...but art that you can relate to, maybe not so much! His piercing green eyes and smooth, deep voice make Seth memorable even before you get to know him! And you should hear him play the piano!
    CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: yes, please
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: no cc
    SPACE FOR PICTURES: (Only a maximum of two per entry, please)
    tzgF3Eo.png
    RAhi6cH.png
    ]ROOM ENTRY FORM
    CHALLENGE #105 -LIFE AFTER LIFE
    ROOM: https://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/6891BA20CD6111E8876B77C0F1EC7B3C?category=all&searchtype=hashtag&sortby=newest&time=all&searchquery=BnS105&max=50&maxis=false
    GALLERY COST: $38,780
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: https://imgur.com/a/XZDI5Wl
    ENTRY DETAILS: A dining room or a torture chamber...this entertainment room has everything one needs to scare the pants off their guests as well as allow them to enjoy their creepier tendencies! Take a closer look! Warning: I am not in any way responsible for any nightmares stemming from the touring or use of this room! Happy Halloween!!

nwxaSHh.png
    Q1iGUmu.png
    edited October 2018
    BUILD OFFICIAL ENTRY FORM (please copy and paste into your entry post)
    LOT: https://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/93299E29CD8811E886A1B573E4FD424D?category=all&searchtype=hashtag&sortby=newest&time=all&searchquery=BnS105&max=50&maxis=false
    LOT COST: $2,000 30x30 lot
    LOT NAME: Forgotten Hollow, Fledermans Bend--changed to Pettigrew Family Cemetery
    GALLERY COST: $146,000
    TOTAL COST: $148,000
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: https://imgur.com/a/k9vh1uf
    ENTRY DETAILS: (aside from the game changing a few walls on me, which I did not catch until the photos...)
    Welcome to the Pettigrew Family Cemetery! It may seem a little dark or spooky at first, but it IS a cemetery! No, the gate around the property is to keep unwanted visitors out, I assure you. And we have been invited! Yes, it is a mausoleum, you are right. But, trust me, there is more to see here than just what is on the surface! No, come back! Take my hand if you feel frightened. It really is a beautiful place inside! Just through this door… Umm, well…yes, there are bodies in those coffins. But we are going to the hidden stairs behind the coffins. Don’t lose your nerve now! This is definitely worth a look! This is a two bedroom home with two full baths and two half baths! It is truly unique, and I am proud to say I designed it! Well, yes, the bathrooms are around this corner... No, go ahead, I can wait. :D
    6S6thfy.png
    PDyf2XS.png

Post edited by iampes23 on
  • SimTresaSimTresa Posts: 3,210 Member
    I'm going to chalk this one up to a case of GMTA. @iampes23! I think we chose similar traits and had similar ideas about the walls. :) Great job, BTW. :) Didn't get to work on mine today because I was at my grandmother's birthday party.
    image.png
  • SimsIslandheartSimsIslandheart Posts: 281 Member
    edited October 2018
    Crud. I just re-read the challenge post. How particular is Seth about the quality of the fence? I had developed a picture in my head of more natural barriers to entry when I was reading through it the first time, but now I'm starting to wonder if it has to be an actual fence-fence. :/

Normally, I'd just slap one in extra, but I ran right up to the edge of the budget with this build, so I'll need to tweak some things to make more budget if I need to add one.

ETA: FWIW, what I currently have apparently works...Seth invited everyone he knew to his first house party, hired a mixologist and a caterer, and the mixologist was the only person who showed. :sweat: I searched his entire house and property for everyone else, and no one else showed. :sweat: I suspect my visitor/prowler deterrents might be a bit too effective. :cold_sweat:
  • psyktpsykt Posts: 1,168 Member
    edited October 2018
    BUILD OFFICIAL ENTRY FORM
    FORUM ID: psykt
    ORIGIN ID:saramonster
    LEVEL: Starting out
    LOT: https://www.ea.com/nb-no/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/9632250BCFC211E886B677C0F1EC7B3C
    LOT COST: $19 185
    LOT NAME: Widowshild Townhome
    GALLERY COST: $109 033
    TOTAL COST: $128 218
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: https://imgur.com/gallery/QW3THWJ
    ENTRY DETAILS: Welcome to Forgotten Hollow - It's a place some people would find dark and gloomy. However, I think you'll love it. We found you a lot with a cute little house that we changed to fit you. We built you a cellar with all the rooms you need. Since you're such an artsy guy, we included a lot of art pieces throughout the house. The above ground level is not quite window free, but we built double walls for you, so no one will be able to look in, and you will not be able to look outside. We felt this was the best decision for the overall aesthetic of the exterior of the house. We made you an open plan kitchen, dining and living area - perfect to host guests! I kept the colors neutral and dark, which I matched with sleek furniture. It's very masculine without feeling like a bachelor pad. Hope you enjoy it!
    CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Yes plz.
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: No CC used.
    SPACE FOR PICTURES:
    tumblr_pglheiAS7c1uz57gao1_1280.jpg
    tumblr_pglheiAS7c1uz57gao2_1280.jpg
    tumblr_oz7ve3uIkz1uz57gao1_540.jpg
    SIM ENTRY FORM
    FORUM ID: SimsIslandheart
    ORIGIN ID: SimsIslandheart
    HOUSEHOLD: Seth Adamson
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: BnS105 - Life After Life (Sim)
    ENTRY DETAILS: Seth is the kind of guy who seems to know everyone, but no one really seems to know him that well. He’s been around a while, but when the topic of his age comes up, he deftly deflects with a quip about being “old enough,” and lets his surname do the rest of the talking for him. [ In Judeo-Christian mythology, Seth is the third son of Adam and Eve. ] He’s become a bit of a Snob over the years, mostly from becoming well-versed in what lasts and what doesn’t.

Seth’s had a long time to refine his skills, but he’s come to realize that many get rusty when they’re not used often. His impressive collection of books in his library has ensured that his knowledge can always be replenished, but sometimes, just putting in the work is what it takes. He was once skilled in several instruments, as well as singing, but when his fingers and voice got out of practice, he decided to refocus on the ones he loved most, the pipe organ, piano, and violin. His personal pipe organ is his most treasured instrument, while he uses his love of piano as an excuse to get out of the house and visit some nightclubs – the patrons are always delighted by his playing and are interested in striking up a conversation. The nightclub scene led to interests in art, dancing, and mixology, which he’s incorporated into his home life.

Despite all of these interests, Seth remains a Loner at heart, and he maintains a Neat aspect in both his personal attire and his home. You won’t find stray drinking glasses or out-of-place books if you’re one of the few he invites in for his exclusive gatherings. Despite his rather youthful appearance, Seth has achieved more things than most people, and as a result, he’s become more fond of entertaining and being entertained than anything else. He's starting to aspire to be a Party Animal, and he wants to throw the best parties in town.

CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Any
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: No CC
    TWITTER TAG: @IslandheartArt
    FACEBOOK PROFILE: Islandheart Studio
    TUMBLR LINK: N/A
    SPACE FOR PICTURES:
    sethadamsonbanner.jpg
    sethprofileweb.jpg

ROOM ENTRY FORM
    ROOM: Entertaining Afterlife
    GALLERY COST: $49,283
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: BnS105 - Life After Life (Room)
    ENTRY DETAILS: At approximately 14×15 squares and $49,283, this irregularly-shaped entertainment room is an affordable, yet unique, addition to a sim’s home. Some say there’s a hidden message or theme in the room’s design, but visitors are still puzzling over the secret. This space fully accommodates dining, dancing, drinking, relaxing in front of a TV, music, literature, and quiet entertainment. #NoCC #MOO
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: No CC, No Mods
    SPACE FOR PICTURES:
    entertainingafterlifebanner.jpg
    10-12-18_8-57-56c2a0am.png
    Phew! The last of my entries. It's been a long day of uploading pictures and blogging. :sweat_smile:

LOT: Afterlife Abode
    LOT COST: $1,500
    LOT NAME: Widowshild Townhome (Bulldozed)
    GALLERY COST: $148,142
    TOTAL COST: $149,642
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: BnS105 - Life After Life (Lot)
    ENTRY DETAILS: This is just a wooded lot, right? It doesn’t look like anyone even owns it…unless you venture to the heart of the woods, find a door, and dare to take the dark stair into the underground. That’s how some folks prefer it. This natural form of fencing, paired with an already-dark location in Forgotten Hollow, make the Afterlife Abode the ultimate private residence.

This home is two levels underground, featuring two full bathrooms and one bedroom, with an additional sitting room that doubles as a guest bedroom. Natural fencing in the form of strategically-placed vegetation, rocks, and props create psychological deterrents as effective - or more effective - than a rigid traditional fence. The access door intentionally faces the rear of the lot and is obscured from view to add an additional layer of privacy. #NoCC #MOO

CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: No CC or Mods
    SPACE FOR PICTURES:
    afterlifeabodebanner.jpg
    10-12-18_11-40-58c2a0am.png
  • BuildnShareBuildnShare Posts: 4,061 Member
    bhaXpM1.png
    Attention Expert Entrants for #BnS104 - Unexpected Arrivals
    Your results are now available here.3gHHX7s.png

GArBA5W.jpg
    edited October 2018
    FORUM ID:SimTresa
    ORIGIN ID:TresaofPern
    LOT: ]The Catacombs
    LOT COST: 1,500
    LOT NAME: Mid-Nowhere
    GALLERY COST: 147,137
    TOTAL COST: 148,637
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: https://imgur.com/a/BDkvrju
    ENTRY DETAILS: Seth's new home was once a root cellar beneath one of the first homes to be built on Windenberg Island. The original house has burned down long since, leaving only overgrown ruins. The original cellar has been updated and divided into rooms to make a comfortable home for one. It has electricity, plumbing, and climate control. The fence surrounding the property is new, but incorporates original stones. Much of the lot was left wild to offer a second layer of privacy, and the original family graveyard also stayed at Seth's request.
    CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: yes please
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: None
    FACEBOOK PROFILE: www.facebook.com/cindy.cherry1
    SPACE FOR PICTURES:
    9ZK54J5.png
    GubjIHk.png
    Post edited by SimTresa on
    image.png
  • maryjane2joemaryjane2joe Posts: 294 Member
    edited October 2018
    @BuildnShare I know his living quarters are below ground... but.. on this challenge.. is his entertaining suppose to be above ground?
    285JXDb.jpg
    (Anyone else have issues getting the gallery to stay logged in? Started just after I got a new user name, so I don't know if the two are related. And it's only when I try to access the site from my laptop, not in game. I have to get the links through my tablet.)

SIM ENTRY FORM

FORUM ID: SimTresa
    ORIGIN ID:[/b] TresaofPern
    HOUSEHOLD: Seth Fargough
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: https://imgur.com/a/XbpHild
    ENTRY DETAILS:
    Seth Fargough has lived many places during his long life, and taken many identities. When asked where he was born, he will mention growing up in Egypt, but refuses to offer any further details. Family is another topic Seth doesn't like to discuss though he keeps portraits of several relatives around. When pressed, he admits to having participated in wars, but won't say which.
    Though in recent years he has come to love his privacy, inviting only a select few into his home on his own terms, Seth once thrived on chaos, enjoying crowds and activity. He once led a cult, but when their hideout was raided, Seth disappeared and left that life behind him, reinventing himself yet again as an eccentric loner with a love of art and antiques.
    (Chaos, war, and cults are all references to the Egyptian god Seth/Set/Setesh)
    CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: yes please
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: None
    FACEBOOK PROFILE: www.facebook.com/cindy.cherry1
    SPACE FOR PICTURES:
    6lXV0xI.png

3pnqjR1.png
    image.png
  • Simming_SpoonieSimming_Spoonie Posts: 1,923 Member
    @BuildnShare I know his living quarters are below ground... but.. on this challenge.. is his entertaining suppose to be above ground?

@maryjane2joe - nope all below ground, please.
    Follow me on Twitter, Facebook and Instgram
  • sawdustsawdust Posts: 1,003 Member

FORUM ID:sawdust
    ORIGIN ID:sawdust123
    LOT: Seth's Abode
    LOT COST: $2,000
    LOT NAME: Fern Park, Newcrest
    GALLERY COST: $147,948
    TOTAL COST: $149,948
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: Slideshow
    ENTRY DETAILS: "Being old and dead doesn't mean you can't love new and vibrant." This Art Deco home holds some of Seth's favourite pieces. The large entry has an open stairwell down to the main living area where the main part of Seth's collection is on view. Ranging from classic and modern art pieces through to antiques and oddities, the Gallery is also the main entertaining area with piano and Globe Bar. On one side of the Gallery is the Kitchen and Dining and on the other side a large bathroom and stairs leading down to the Bedroom. The bedroom has been decorated to appeal to Seth's slightly more eccentric nature as well as his mysterious side. On the entry level a back door leads out to a romantic garden just right for a moonlight stroll.
    CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Yes thanks.
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: NoCC, MOO

R6oYDvS.png
    u3lNTHb.png
  • Green_Girly100Green_Girly100 Posts: 296 Member

FORUM ID: Green_Girly100
    ORIGIN ID: Green_Girly100
    LEVEL: Expert
    LOT: https://bit.ly/2P3Kzbx
    LOT COST: 2,000
    LOT NAME: Wolfsblane Mausoleum
    GALLERY COST: 147,751
    TOTAL COST: 149,751
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: http://green-girl100.tumblr.com/post/179145264637/
    ENTRY DETAILS: A small, but luxurious, subterranean castle, perfect for the discerning vampire. With the entrance hidden within Wolfsblane Mausoleum in Forgotten Hollow, your Vampire sims can be guaranteed a sun free residence.
    CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Yes please
    TWITTER TAG: @Green_Girl100
    FACEBOOK PROFILE:
    TUMBLR LINK: http://green-girl100.tumblr.com

tumblr_pgp44yFLrx1s4po2io9_r1_1280.png

SIM ENTRY CHALLENGE #105 -LIFE AFTER LIFE

FORUM ID: Green_Girly100
    ORIGIN ID: Green_Girly100
    LEVEL: Intermediate for sims
    HOUSEHOLD: https://bit.ly/2P3Kzbx
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: http://green-girl100.tumblr.com/post/179145643622
    ENTRY DETAILS: Seth Penrose of Wolfsblane Mausoleum
    Distinguished gentleman and vampire, Seth very much enjoys hosting artsy soiree’s, with the right sort of people of course.No CC
    CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Yes Please
    TWITTER TAG:@Green_Girl100
    FACEBOOK PROFILE:
    TUMBLR LINK: @Green_Girl100

tumblr_pgqwseBLYi1s4po2io1_1280.png

• SyddyB206SyddyB206 Posts: 353 Member
    So if I were, to say make my build in a grave yard and a want a building that wont be housing his basement to have windows, would that be okay?
    0TSlsxY.jpg
    edited October 2018
    SimTresa wrote: »
    I'm going to chalk this one up to a case of GMTA. @iampes23! I think we chose similar traits and had similar ideas about the walls. :) Great job, BTW. :) Didn't get to work on mine today because I was at my grandmother's birthday party.

I have a feeling a lot of us will be doing something similar. It is Halloween soon, and he does SEEM to be a vampire. :D Thanks very much!!

@SyddyB206 So if I were, to say make my build in a grave yard and a want a building that wont be housing his basement to have windows, would that be okay?

Just to clarify for the judges--this building with windows would be in addition to his home, and not necessarily a building he would be using?

@Sawdust : Your entry totally blew me off the map! Great build!

@SimsIslandheart: love the shapes of your home!!! I was not expecting that! Anything I was not expecting is awesome!!

@SimTresa: Love that your Seth is red-haired!!! I know, Buffy lovers unite. LOL

@Green_Girly100: I really wish there had been more pictures! But I liked what I saw very much!

Amazingly we have many different builds so far--very unique! I love them all!!
    iampes23 wrote: »
    [

@SimTresa: Love that your Seth is red-haired!!! I know, Buffy lovers unite. LOL

Amazingly we have many different builds so far--very unique! I love them all!!

Sorry, wrong fandom. :) This was a case of "Redheads are evil/have no souls" meets Stargate SG-1's version of Seth.
    image.png
    I forgot how to capture photos of our builds... I was sick for a while... can somebody please tell me. Thank You in advance.
    285JXDb.jpg
    edited October 2018
    Use Tab to go into cameraman mode
    C captures the screenshot.

Do you remember how to control the camera, or is it just taking the actual screenshot you forgot how to do?
    image.png
    @SimTresa Thank You! I seem to have forgotten that too.. silly I guess.
    285JXDb.jpg
    @SimTresa Thank You! I seem to have forgotten that too.. silly I guess.

You're welcome.
    I mostly use the arrow controls for left, right, back and forward, but you can also use A, S, D and W.
    Q: Down
    E: Up
    T: Top down view.
    image.png
    @SimTresa !!Thank You!!
    285JXDb.jpg

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file