Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Do We Really Need Another Three Years? TS4 at Four Years Old

Comments

• luvdasims55luvdasims55 Posts: 14,645 Member
    @Cinebar your initial post pretty much says how i feel in general. i was disappointed shortly after TS4 came out. don't like how the game world and game in general is set up. all kinds of problems with buggy game play in the beginning and every time a new pack comes out.

my how time flies. it's been 4 years already? i'm definitely ready to move on to TS5. like others have said, i don't want them to rush into it, but moving on should be a top priority with them. sadly, i doubt TS5 is going to be on the horizon any time soon. which will be just another of many poor business decisions they have made in my opinion.
  • thatsnotswegthatsnotsweg Posts: 696 Member
    edited October 2018
    Personally, I want them to keep making TS4 for years. I like this game, there's still a lot they can add and I want to see what they do, and I don't want to start all over spending however much money it costs to get a new game and it's expansions when they can just keep building on this one. Especially since a lot of the things people are asking for in TS5 (open worlds, for example) don't interest me at all. I don't really get the people who complain about the price of this game and how much they've dropped on it and yet it's still "empty", but also want a new game they'll have to spend just as much on over time that will be just as empty (at least at the start), when they can continue filling this one up with things people want. Not that I'm passing judgement on those who do want to just move on to the next game already, obviously different people have different preferences and wants from the game, but I just... don't get it.

tl;dr - I like this game, it's fine with me if they keep it going for years to come.
    Post edited by thatsnotsweg on
    gallery ID: thatsnotsweg

vYCrjvm.png
  • filipomelfilipomel Posts: 1,693 Member
    At this point I feel the game is very complete, anything after now are just bonuses, I mean we now have pets, seasons, and a bunch of creative game play tools to further customize our own game and ways of playing. You mention in your post that by the end of The Sims 2's life it had all this content that Sims 4 still doesn't have, but what about all the content that Sims 4 has that the other games don't? Sims 4 is onto it's 6th expansion now (surprisingly might I add, as we've gotten 3 expansions within the past 1.5 years compared to the 1 a year we've been getting.) and that's not counting the game packs that also further flesh out parts of the game. When I look at The Sims 4 now with all of its packs, I see a pretty big game with tons to do and explore, and we've still got another (at least!) three more years. I hope they continue The Sims 4 until it has mostly everything that players want.
  • StormsviewStormsview Posts: 2,603 Member
    edited November 2018

shhh, We do not have to say a word, We let Sims 4 do all the Talking.
    Take the floor Sims 4. :D
    Post edited by Stormsview on
    we'll give you a full refund. Just make sure you make your request within 24 hours after you first launch the game, within seven days from your date of purchase, or within seven days from the game's release date if you pre-ordered, whichever comes first.
    Who said EA doesn't have a sense of humor
  • PegasysPegasys Posts: 1,135 Member
    Cinebar wrote: »
    Personally, I want them to keep making TS4 for years. I like this game, there's still a lot they can add and I want to see what they do, and I don't want to start all over spending however much money it costs to get a new game and it's expansions when they can just keep building on this one. Especially since a lot of the things people are asking for in TS5 (open worlds, for example) don't interest me at all. I don't really get the people who complain about the price of this game and how much they've dropped on it and yet it's still "empty", but also want a new game they'll have to spend just as much on over time that will be just as empty (at least at the start), when they can continue filling this one up with things people want. Not that I'm passing judgement on those who do want to just move on to the next game already, obviously different people have different preferences and wants from the game, but I just... don't get it.

tl;dr - I like this game, it's fine with me if they keep it going for years to come.

It's still 'empty' after over $400 -$500? some have spent when Sims can't even face each other to dance, four years later, Simmers can't even remove a pink tree out on the sidewalk after four years later, Sims can't even have a car four years later, Sims can't even slow dance, four years later, Sims can't even understand why they are attracted to one Sim instead of another, four years later, all the EPs have had less game play than their counter parts of previous EPs, Sims don't even have higher education four years later, there are like two trillion missing emotions, whims/wants, traits, aspirations, and careers four years later, compared to the point of where the previous games were in this point in time. How much does anyone want to spend $1000 and still can't face each other to dance, or still a handful of traits and careers they keep reusing over and over? Really?

While I agree I would like some of those missing things you mention, you're focusing on what the Sims 4 doesn't have compared to previous games, instead of all the new and different things it does have. I could write a long list of all the things Sims 4 does have compared to previous games - I won't do that here because then it will turn into the typical "2 vs 3 vs 4" thread. The game is far from empty - there's a *lot* in the game now.
  • noteye32noteye32 Posts: 250 Member
    I think we still need a lot more years. I'm just getting back into the game and now with the new expansion pack coming out, i'm getting more excited. ..... I would still like to see something new but i didn't get the famous pack in the prior games and this time I might (still waiting to see more about it). I would like to see a pack that could be called, Till death do us part... wedding stuff and death stuff (a couple new game plays within that pack would be great) an actual funeral with graves would be new (i think?). public school for the kids, beaches where they can swim and rent scuba gear to find treasure/meet mermaids...... but in the end i want to want to see what they come out with.
  • Madachan88Madachan88 Posts: 360 Member
    Man, it will probably year's before a new sims game will announced. Maybe we are getting it 2022 or will waiting even longer for it. And I know how wait because besides the Sims, I like too play the Elder Scrolls games. It took Bethesda until this year, that the new Elder Scrolls 6 was announced, but still it will earliest out in 2021/2022. Which means the Elders Scrolls 5 Era lasted 10 years. (Only good thing, it got an update to 64 with it's Remaster).
    Pegasys wrote: »

It's still 'empty' after over $400 -$500? some have spent when Sims can't even face each other to dance, four years later, Simmers can't even remove a pink tree out on the sidewalk after four years later, Sims can't even have a car four years later, Sims can't even slow dance, four years later, Sims can't even understand why they are attracted to one Sim instead of another, four years later, all the EPs have had less game play than their counter parts of previous EPs, Sims don't even have higher education four years later, there are like two trillion missing emotions, whims/wants, traits, aspirations, and careers four years later, compared to the point of where the previous games were in this point in time. How much does anyone want to spend $1000 and still can't face each other to dance, or still a handful of traits and careers they keep reusing over and over? Really?

While I agree I would like some of those missing things you mention, you're focusing on what the Sims 4 doesn't have compared to previous games, instead of all the new and different things it does have. I could write a long list of all the things Sims 4 does have compared to previous games - I won't do that here because then it will turn into the typical "2 vs 3 vs 4" thread. The game is far from empty - there's a *lot* in the game now.

I would like to see your list, it may make me feel better about Sims 4, not that I hate it just I would love to know the list of what we have that they do not know, I could start it off with, we can make ice cream :) , our toddlers are number one in cuteness, and so are our pets, but I like the other Sims pets as well.
    So what's your list? just ignore any* vs *comments.
    we'll give you a full refund. Just make sure you make your request within 24 hours after you first launch the game, within seven days from your date of purchase, or within seven days from the game's release date if you pre-ordered, whichever comes first.
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,708 Member

In other words, you're done. :p
  • Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited October 2018

I'm glad I don't feel like that - I am rather enjoying the ride. LOL. Nothing negative here anyway - keeps me sane and smiling. Look forward to see what else they have planned over the coming three years and hope I am here to enjoy it.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• TS1299TS1299 Posts: 1,604 Member

Agreed. I love The Sims 4. Yes Sims 3 was my heart in the past, but know it got things that The Sims 3 never had that I enjoyed. There are still no cars, World Tool etc. But its the new things, new features, and depth from previous features reincarnation is the thing that makes me back into The Sims 4
    edited October 2018

I've played over 4000 hours and have all the packs. If I take $500 (not even sure if this was the actual cost, I'm just taking your highest estimate because I'm too lazy to look it up lol) divided by 4000 hours, I've spent 12.5 cents per hour of entertainment, which is reasonable to me. I think TS4 is fine and that it will only get better; they're still giving us more great content (imo), including free updates. I don't personally think TS4 is empty and am okay with what I've paid for it. I said that I didn't understand why other people would want a new game if they find it empty when the next game is likely to be just as "empty" if they're rushing to push out the next game, especially at the beginning, and will likely cost just as much. Part of the problem with this game not having so many features at it's release that had to be patched in later is that it was rushed to release. I'm not really sure what else to say, clearly we just expect different things of the game, and that's ok.

vYCrjvm.png
  • GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member
    Actually For me Sims 4 is half full and less calories, sure it is full of items but where are the features? However it is what it is to different players. But for me Sims 4 is no technical wonder.
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited October 2018
    filipomel wrote: »
    At this point I feel the game is very complete, anything after now are just bonuses, I mean we now have pets, seasons, and a bunch of creative game play tools to further customize our own game and ways of playing. You mention in your post that by the end of The Sims 2's life it had all this content that Sims 4 still doesn't have, but what about all the content that Sims 4 has that the other games don't? Sims 4 is onto it's 6th expansion now (surprisingly might I add, as we've gotten 3 expansions within the past 1.5 years compared to the 1 a year we've been getting.) and that's not counting the game packs that also further flesh out parts of the game. When I look at The Sims 4 now with all of its packs, I see a pretty big game with tons to do and explore, and we've still got another (at least!) three more years. I hope they continue The Sims 4 until it has mostly everything that players want.

Let's talk about new aspirations and careers. Compared to the other games I'm going to bet most are still reusing the painter or writer career, and if you play rotationaly then you know there isn't really any new career or aspiratons comprared to TS2 or no way even a third of what TS3 had offered by year four. Then let's look at new emotions? I can't think of any new emotions they have added in the last four years. If they did add any then it only had to be one or two or I would remember that we got a bucket full of new emotions. TS3 offered tons of new aspirations and careers with each new EP, I think we can count on one hand or less how many have been added per EP. What does it offer the other games don't? I don't know, other than a broken group system, which my groups in TS2 work better than this game's buggy group system, and sure it has some active careers but they are linear, and what object does this game use most? The good ol' Sim computer. One of the most boring and over used objects of all time for careers, activities, or tasks. It seems it's use helps cut cost for simulation or animations and just use the same animations for every job or every aspiration requirement and make a cheap object have more uses and no need to add anything new out of the box as long as they can use the handy dandy, Sim computer to shoe horn in more tasks and more chores to do on the pc, for almost every career in this game, or every aspiration almost.

And four years later and kids are still mini mes, they still can't play tag, hopscotch, toss a ball, or anything else.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
    edited October 2018

I've played over 4000 hours and have all the packs. If I take $500 (not even sure if this was the actual cost, I'm just taking your highest estimate because I'm too lazy to look it up lol) divided by 4000 hours, I've spent 12.5 cents per hour of entertainment, which is reasonable to me. I think TS4 is fine and that it will only get better; they're still giving us more great content (imo), including free updates. I don't personally think TS4 is empty and am okay with what I've paid for it. I said that I didn't understand why other people would want a new game if they find it empty when the next game is likely to be just as "empty" if they're rushing to push out the next game, especially at the beginning, and will likely cost just as much. Part of the problem with this game not having so many features at it's release that had to be patched in later is that it was rushed to release. I'm not really sure what else to say, clearly we just expect different things of the game, and that's ok.

What is this mindset that it matters how many hours anyone has played. Is that the goal to play more hours than anyone else? I know you are trying to say how cheap it's been costwise for the hours you have played. But I find it odd TS4 players are always keeping up with the actual total of how many hours they have played. Is that the actual goal to some? Because I read it everywhere. (It's almost like those folks who love RPGs more than sandbox and need to keep up with their totals).
    edited October 2018

What is this mindset that it matters how many hours anyone has played. Is that the goal to play more hours than anyone else? I know you are trying to say how cheap it's been costwise for the hours you have played. But I find it odd TS4 players are always keeping up with the actual total of how many hours they have played. Is that the actual goal to some? Because I read it everywhere. (It's almost like those folks who love RPGs more than sandbox and need to keep up with their totals).
    I can't speak for others, but I don't really keep track of it nor is it the goal for me, it just is what it is. It literally took only 5 seconds for me to check in Origin for this post.

vYCrjvm.png
  • Horrorgirl6Horrorgirl6 Posts: 3,170 Member
    Yes,and no .It sims 5 . Listen Sims 5 is probably being work on .Its proabably going be some years before its release. If they stop working on four will have years without sim content.I don't want anything like that. Its not fair sims 4 gets more years,but it has too. I accept were not going to get everything we wanted. I just enjoy this version as much as I can. Why waiting for the next one
  • Noree_DoreeNoree_Doree Posts: 1,470 Member
    edited October 2018
    Stormsview wrote: »

I would like to see your list, it may make me feel better about Sims 4, not that I hate it just I would love to know the list of what we have that they do not know, I could start it off with, we can make ice cream :) , our toddlers are number one in cuteness, and so are our pets, but I like the other Sims pets as well.
    So what's your list? just ignore any* vs *comments.

The sims 3 had ice cream too. Given that you had to buy the machine from the store it "had" it. And you could also make snow cones too. That came with seasons.

I will admit the toddler are really awesome. The best to me. I am finally able to create my terrible 2 year old in game and his sim act exactly like he
    does lol

@Cinebar I have over 3000 hours of play in the game but I will admit a lot of the time was spent renovating and creating my own sims for my game not actually playing. I will say there is a lot I haven't done content wise be it the whole game is 540/550 USD depending on which base game you have and without tax included. Despite all of the content I can't help but feel like something is missing. I don't think it's more content... I think it has to do with the sims themselves. But I really can't put my finger on it. The gmae has the content but I still feel like something is missing.
    "Bada su the gorn bada su the brawn bada bady oda aba donk donk donk gerbits gerbits vo gerbits".

I can't speak for others, but I don't really keep track of it nor is it the goal for me, it just is what it is. It literally took only 5 seconds for me to check in Origin for this post.

But why did you? I have never looked at it, that is the difference, I think Origin may have registered one hundred for me, a few times when I had to start over, until I figured out how to play offline, it's none of their business. But if we want to stack up costs of the other games and their content of the base, and their EPs, TS4 is overcharging and with less to offer per pack. Yes, some things may be more fleshed out such as Vampires, but that's an exception compared to all other stuff that has been added to this game per cost per pack. TS3 by four years was so big the average player couldn't actually install it all as I said before without building a pc and stop using one off the shelf. The lack of simulation, activities, lack of careers, emotions, traits, aspirations, and interactions is still pretty astonishing after some have spent probably well over $500 if they bought it all.
    edited October 2018

But why did you? I have never looked at it, that is the difference, I think Origin may have registered one hundred for me, a few times when I had to start over, until I figured out how to play offline, it's none of their business. But if we want to stack up costs of the other games and their content of the base, and their EPs, TS4 is overcharging and with less to offer per pack. Yes, some things may be more fleshed out such as Vampires, but that's an exception compared to all other stuff that has been added to this game per cost per pack. TS3 by four years was so big the average player couldn't actually install it all as I said before without building a pc and stop using one off the shelf. The lack of simulation, activities, lack of careers, emotions, traits, aspirations, and interactions is still pretty astonishing after some have spent probably well over $500 if they bought it all.
    What do you mean? I looked it up to estimate the cost, like I said. I thought it was relevant to my post.

I've actually been buying things I don't have yet in TS3 recently and it's hurt my bank account more than this game and I get less satisfaction out of it and play it less. Sure there was more stuff in some of the packs, but many features felt half done or rushed to me, and I get bored of playing them quickly so I'd move on to the next pack pretty fast. Not that it isn't worth it, I'll keep buying them because I want them and I'd like a complete collection lol. Most recently I got Into The Future and it's been able to keep my attention longer than most packs, but from what I've heard on the forums it's been a lot of people's least favorite, so I might just have different taste than a lot of the fanbase. For me personally TS4 isn't perfect (what is?) but it checks more boxes for things I want in the game. I really just think we have different gameplay preferences and that's where we're disagreeing here.

vYCrjvm.png
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,708 Member
    I don't think there's anything else anyone can say to convince you that they actually enjoy playing the game and are looking forward to more content. No matter how it got it's start and no matter what it has now. Or what it doesn't have.

I know a lot of simmers that don't enjoy Sims 4 are waiting for 5 and for them and you I sincerely sympathize that you have to wait another 3 years. I love this game and seriously can only imagine how it must feel to want a new Sims game and hope the wait will be worth it for you.
    edited November 2018

If you remove all the cute features, all the romance, all couple dancing, you remove the dogs were just dogs and pets should hold there own most of the time as in real, Think about Sims 2 Nannies, My god, the way they took care of the babies and toddlers is a beautiful thing to see, I was at peace having a toddler but with sims 4 its a horror show of starving uncared for and abandon kids.

Why do we have to be in constant fear of our toddlers being taken, or starving, and how kind they are to delete them. that's just mean to delete our babies, how many babies might get taken from their lag, or that highchair.

Sims 4, is not better its not more fun, and Fun is what we buy it for. Why is it not fun because it's no details and frankly I think its because they do not care anymore Not like they use to, they just make us buy each pack. Come on now we only get a glimpse of what we are getting a short commercial and now we should prepay.

But when its time for big businesses to buy something say a new company, wow they will investigate the hair right off that company's head turn it upside down an shake it to see what falls.

Everyone that is thinking we need 4 more years to get what we want, ok do not forget that will be 8 years of you trying to get something out of this game right?
    And show me where they said you will Ever get what they promised.

Why did they cover our Eyes and why do they think they have the right to put us in the dark after we were on their side. We were happy with the promises when I added the cars I would like I trusted them so much.

Big companies are just big companies, but somehow we feel they have adopted us. ask them can you come to dinner at their home, they will chuckle at your humor.

How will you feel 4 years from now, :s:o spent $400 more dollars and still crying for cars and University, and just some more details in the game. How will you feel after 4 more years and still have Nothing you wanted.
    Post edited by Stormsview on
  • 1ovemysims1ovemysims Posts: 57 Member

Some have to work, like me. Some do not have kids and family to care for. When people do not have a computer, they sometimes spend hours d hours watching the tv, It is proof that some sleep with the tv on, I think then some could sleep with the computer on, and hours go up and up.
    Writin_Reg wrote: »

I'm glad I don't feel like that - I am rather enjoying the ride. LOL. Nothing negative here anyway - keeps me sane and smiling. Look forward to see what else they have planned over the coming three years and hope I am here to enjoy it.

But you did feel that way in past posts before we finally got toddlers. You wouldn't buy anything else until they delieverd toddlers or at least that is what I read, I think. I think you said (correct me if I'm wrong) you went on a spending spree as soon as toddlers were patched in and purchased all the packs you had refused to buy. I'm not doing anything any differently than you did before toddlers. I'm pointing out we should have never had to wait for toddlers but that's old water under the bridge, and we shouldn't be waiting four more years for a fuller, more fleshed out game, either.
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top