The latest update for The Sims 4 is now live. Click here to read the latest notes.
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

80's Stuff Pack (***Concept Art*** Renders) UPDATED 1/23/2020

Comments

• bbygirlnialahbbygirlnialah Posts: 1 New Member
    > @ayyitsmell said:
    > Dreagen1 wrote: »
    >
    > Hi everyone! Since I am obsessed with the 1980's I wanted to create an 80's themed stuff pack concept! I will be creating several different renders of different clothing styles and different objects that will be used in the pack. Feel free to give me ideas and feedback. I hope you like it! :) <3 (P.s. I was born in the 97. If I get anything wrong about the era sorry but I tried really hard.)
    >
    > Arcade Girl
    >
    > Madonna Fan
    >
    > Popular Boy
    >
    > Pack Cover Art
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > I LOVE THISSSSSSSS !!!!!! The hair, the outfits, the legwarmers, talking on the house phone while lounging on the couch! :love:

How do you download the stuff pack
  • KaronKaron Posts: 2,332 Member
    > @ayyitsmell said:
    >
    > Hi everyone! Since I am obsessed with the 1980's I wanted to create an 80's themed stuff pack concept! I will be creating several different renders of different clothing styles and different objects that will be used in the pack. Feel free to give me ideas and feedback. I hope you like it! :)<3 (P.s. I was born in the 97. If I get anything wrong about the era sorry but I tried really hard.)
    >
    > Arcade Girl
    >
    > Madonna Fan
    >
    > Popular Boy
    >
    > Pack Cover Art
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > I LOVE THISSSSSSSS !!!!!! The hair, the outfits, the legwarmers, talking on the house phone while lounging on the couch! :love:

Sorry to say that, but this pack does not exist. Its just a fanmade concept!
  • BradyGalaxyBradyGalaxy Posts: 306 Member
    I would love to see this pack come to The Sims 4! Not from the 80's, but I know what's from the 80's.
    Proud simmer
  • Dreagen1Dreagen1 Posts: 570 Member
    > @ayyitsmell said:
    >
    > Hi everyone! Since I am obsessed with the 1980's I wanted to create an 80's themed stuff pack concept! I will be creating several different renders of different clothing styles and different objects that will be used in the pack. Feel free to give me ideas and feedback. I hope you like it! :)<3 (P.s. I was born in the 97. If I get anything wrong about the era sorry but I tried really hard.)
    >
    > Arcade Girl
    >
    > Madonna Fan
    >
    > Popular Boy
    >
    > Pack Cover Art
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >

As stated in the title it is a concept pack or an idea pack. No download link. Sorry.
  • AlienSimmerAlienSimmer Posts: 21 Member
    I would literally DIE for this. I love the 80s. The fashion, the music, the movies! Really wonderful job on the concept art.
  • AryaKhaleesiAryaKhaleesi Posts: 204 Member
    This looks really good. I would love this as a pack.
    giphy.gif
    "Allow me to introduce myself. I'm another person in the room." -Rhoda Morgenstern
  • MovottiMovotti Posts: 7,774 Member
    Not much of an 80's pack without some anti establishment

7e8cc10227b6f76b4b157579a02b83e7.jpg
    50989_M6ZCyyVTATry6xGd_29429.png
    220px-CO223SAF.jpg
    cb7ac9c63a17059e40eeb6979f10e508--s-goth-s-punk.jpg
    80%2527s%2Bgoth-eternium%2Bstyle3%2B%25286%2529.jpg
    3417a086a2fde3f3a46722362b414f65.jpg

If you can walk through a doorway without ducking, your hair isn't high enough.

80's goth shoes were so cute!
    80s%2Bgoth-eternium%2Bstyle%2Bblog%2B%25288%2529.jpg

Orisein wrote: »
    pls make this happen! i want cyberpunk things in sims 4 <3<3<3

I'd love some Cyberpunk too!

1.jpg

AmusingExhaustedArchaeopteryx-max-1mb.gif
  • DoodlebeansDoodlebeans Posts: 75 Member
    This looks amazing! Never thought I'd want an 80's stuff pack till I saw this.
    FFRnSKf.png?3

id - simsofbutter
  • KatzMeowzKatzMeowz Posts: 894 Member
    It's not "gatekeeping" when someone who lived through the decade is talking about their OWN experiences!!! You're entitled to your own opinions but not your own facts. I'm sorry some 40+ year old is harshing your vibe of the 80s.

If you really want to see how we dressed try to get a hold of some high school annuals.
  • TWSimGamer82TWSimGamer82 Posts: 456 Member
    Very cool concept art.
    Sim: "I'm starving!"
    Player: *instructs sim to prepare meal* "Then eat something, you little goofball!"
    Sim: *starts cooking meal*
    -5 seconds later-
    Sim: *Stops cooking meal* "I'm so hungry!"
    Player: *head hits desk*
    KatzMeowz wrote: »
    It's not "gatekeeping" when someone who lived through the decade is talking about their OWN experiences!!! You're entitled to your own opinions but not your own facts. I'm sorry some 40+ year old is harshing your vibe of the 80s.

If you really want to see how we dressed try to get a hold of some high school annuals.

I’m not trying to be super accurate with it. I’m just having fun making these and the micromanaging on how it doesn’t look accurate is kinda making me not want to make them anymore tbh.... Sorry it doesn’t stay 100% true to the era you’ve experienced but I’m making it in my own vision and keeping it fun with my own ideas and designs. Thanks tho. :)
  • ShinzenShinzen Posts: 250 Member
    Oh my goodness, this entire stuff pack is just absolutely gorgeous. I'd buy it in literally three seconds; especially with Get Together already starting to bring up some 80s themes and neon items as long as dance clubs, it would be a perfect addition to my game! :smiley:
    200px-MW-misc-House_Telvanni.png
  • luxsylvanluxsylvan Posts: 1,922 Member
    This is such a fantastic idea! I think you did a great job, for what a not-from-the-80s opinion is worth. :) I love the Stranger Things influence since I'm super addicted to that show. The 80s and other decades are making a fashion comeback, and it'd be awesome to experience that in Sims as well!
  • OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 4,995 Member
    Looking at those anti-establishment photos reminded me that was ~30 years ago. Those folks now are the establishment, and maybe running EA. [shudders]
  • PlayerSimsPlayerSims Posts: 6 New Member
    It's that actual CC? I would really like have them in-game.
  • TheGoodOldGamerTheGoodOldGamer Posts: 3,559 Member
    I'm an 80s kid so I'd love to have this pack. I wonder just how many of the players today weren't even born yet in this era though, lol.
    Live, laugh and love. Life's too short not to.
  • OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 4,995 Member
    Lots, probably. While we're on the idea of packs from the old days, how about one for the 60's (Beetles and hot cars) and the 70's (Linda Ronstadt, anyone? The apex of muscle cars (my fav the 1970 Chevelle SS 454 with 500+ hp), those zillions of memorable bands).
  • PugLove888PugLove888 Posts: 674 Member
    Movotti wrote: »
    Not much of an 80's pack without some anti establishment

7e8cc10227b6f76b4b157579a02b83e7.jpg
    50989_M6ZCyyVTATry6xGd_29429.png
    220px-CO223SAF.jpg
    cb7ac9c63a17059e40eeb6979f10e508--s-goth-s-punk.jpg
    80%2527s%2Bgoth-eternium%2Bstyle3%2B%25286%2529.jpg
    3417a086a2fde3f3a46722362b414f65.jpg

If you can walk through a doorway without ducking, your hair isn't high enough.

80's goth shoes were so cute!
    80s%2Bgoth-eternium%2Bstyle%2Bblog%2B%25288%2529.jpg

Orisein wrote: »
    pls make this happen! i want cyberpunk things in sims 4 <3<3<3

I'd love some Cyberpunk too!

1.jpg

Thank you for showing Siouxsie Sioux! (4th pic down, black and white pic of woman with fishnet sleeves ... for those who don't know ;) ) Siouxsie & the Banshees is still one of my all time favorite bands! <3<3<3 I was lucky enough to see them in concert!
    Also, those shoes bring back a lot of memories! B)
    Home is where your Pugs are! <3
  • PugLove888PugLove888 Posts: 674 Member
    XxAirixX wrote: »
    I would love a stuff pack like that, the 80's is awesome! They should add in a New Wave station.

XxAirixX, this reminds me that much of the Sims 2 music, including the theme was composed by Mark Mothersbaugh who was a member of the 80's New Wave band Devo! <3 They should get in touch with him again if they do a New Wave station in TS4! :p
    Home is where your Pugs are! <3
  • DerpyBanana101DerpyBanana101 Posts: 5 New Member
    > @ysa88 said:
    > Omg I love this. The teens on the cover remind me so much of Stranger Things. Considering how popular that show is, I imagine this kind of pack would really sell. Lots of great clothing, hair, fun makeup and a mix of homely decor and tacky stuff.

OMG! I was just scrolling through this chat because I think the idea is s amazing. I, too, was thinking of Stranger Things! I absolutely love that show and if I had to choose my favorite show it would definitely tie with Doctor Who in first! Thanks for the comment!
  • Ravager619Ravager619 Posts: 3,738 Member
    I almost forgot about this thread. I was a teenager in the 80s and I still listen to that music every day. Some of my home builds have vaulted ceilings which were popular in homes in the 70s and 80s, including the ones I grew up in. I would love to get CAS and Build/Buy items and an 80s music station for this game.

As for a playable object or community lot? We need an arcade.
    "That person who helps others simply because it should or must be done, and because it is the right thing to do, is indeed without a doubt, a real superhero." - Stan Lee
  • stellanovastellanova Posts: 57 Member
    That Madonna outfit is to die for and I love all the clothes! An arcade machine would be an awesome addition too! Would love to throw some into my bowling alley for an even retro-er vibe.
    call me stella!
    HeKrho4.gif
    twitter
  • ReitannaReitanna Posts: 294 Member
    is this available for download?!
    I'm so old, I remember when "hashtags" were called POUND SIGNS.

K7ZEXAi.png
    "How Will I Know?"
    DwpM-TqV4AEtZmA.jpg:large
    Office Girl
    DwkRI9_VYAACmJT.jpg:large
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top