Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Some helpful tips when playing Sims Mobile (updated for August 2018 patch!)

Comments

• geekgirl101geekgirl101 Posts: 401 Member
    Hey I have couples married, babies grown up and moved out ,my problem is room imptovement and the
    storage items csm they be sold been plsying sims for over 10 years its the bomb ,feell free to add me and share any idess

Bought items cannot be resold. I'm not sure if EA has any plans for reselling items in storage.
    katzX3 wrote: »
    > @BlueWizardRob @ScarletAtlas wrote:
    > 2)Pretty sure of this one but wanted to confirm; you can only get the energy restore bonus from any one type of item. Eg only one lamp will give a boost to the bed , no matter how many you have, and there is no benefit to having a bathroom with 2-3 +1 toilets
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    > 2) Correct, but it can be of benefit to have two separate bathrooms/bedrooms as you can’t use toilets, showers, bathtubs or have a child if there is another sim in the room and unfortunately, sometimes the npc sims seem to like to hang out to watch.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Wait! What??? So, if I understand correctly, I didn’t need to buy a SET of 2 Lamps for each Bed — OR 2 Towels and 2 Robes to give Energy Boosts for the Shower/Tub???

That is true. You can buy them if you want for aesthetics, like having 2 bedside drawers with 2 lamps for looks, but the energy bonus will not stack. And like others said you may want to have more than 1 bathroom since any visitors or elders will sometimes wander in and stare at things and stop you from letting your sim use the toilet or shower.
    merribee wrote: »
    Thank you for the tips. I do have a question I haven’t seen addressed anywhere in forums. Is there any way to prevent “breakdown” of household items? Some are inexpensive to repair but one my beds is over 100 coins & everything seems break on regular basis. It’s frustrating to see your coins wasted after working so hard earn them! Thanks.

Nope. Sometimes stuff breaks without you even using it.
    edited August 2018
    Hey I have couples married, babies grown up and moved out ,my problem is room imptovement and the storage items csm they be sold been plsying sims for over 10 years its the bomb ,feell free to add me and share any idess

Nope, items cannot be resold yet. There hasn't been any confirmation if EA will add a resell or trash item option except for Izzy's clothing.
    edited August 2018
    VapeeVixen wrote: »
    I'm stumped on relationships... I've done all that I can, can't find a way to do Tainted Love, The Fixer Upper, Better Late Than Never, Frenemies, More Than Friends With Benefits... don't have the sibling rivalry one either but assume have to have 2 kids... please help

Tainted Love and Frenemies I think you have to do a mean interaction. Better Late Than Never requires an elder in the house, but do this as soon as you age the sim and spam the friendly interactions like crazy because elders age fast and if you're unlucky he/she will want to move out before you can get to friendship level 10 and there's nothing you can do to stop it. Sibling Rivalry I do believe needs 2 descendants from the same family and probably requires you to do a mean interaction with them. Otherwise the rest should just be there, you may need to swipe to see them.
    edited August 2018
    rosemow wrote: »
    Hi there, these tips are great. I've been playing the game for a couple of days and actually wanted to know if it's possible to change relationship stories between my own Sims. I have started with two female Sims and a friendship story, then I decided to turn one of the females into a male in order to get married. I finished the BFF story but couldn't start a new one. Is it even possible to have more than one story between the same Sims?
    Thank you for the help.

Hello @GiozinhaBruxa
    There can only be one relationship story for one sim. You are unable to change the relationship story once you have started it.

But you can still ask them to move in by selecting the “other” option under actions and choosing flirty. You might also be able to marry if you are the appropriate level, I’m not sure.

I have been able to start more than one relationship story on one sim, however there's barely enough time to complete one story so it's best to stick to one per sim.
  • SpecCmdr013SpecCmdr013 Posts: 1 New Member
    I’m new here so I can’t make a post...
    I want to start the Sibling Rivalry story but no matter how I try, I can’t see it after the rivalry event. I tried it with my two starting sims and made a confrontation introduction. They’re now level three as acquaintances and I’ve already started many rivalry events. I’m playing the game on iPad with the latest OS and updates... is it because the iOS app hasn’t been updated yet?
    Some new tips added in!
    edited September 2018
    I’m new here so I can’t make a post...
    I want to start the Sibling Rivalry story but no matter how I try, I can’t see it after the rivalry event. I tried it with my two starting sims and made a confrontation introduction. They’re now level three as acquaintances and I’ve already started many rivalry events. I’m playing the game on iPad with the latest OS and updates... is it because the iOS app hasn’t been updated yet?

They must be brother/sister not new sims as they won't have any family relationship between them. Breed a couple of new sims from the same parents and wait for them to become old enough to add to your house, then start off with a confrontational introduction and you'll be able to start a confrontational event and that will offer you the Sibling Rivalry option when you complete it.
  • Sha2520032003Sha2520032003 Posts: 2,258 Member
    @geekgirl101 - Thanks so much for these tips! I'm new to Sims Mobile. I didn't see your post until after I started, but I'm definitely following these tips now.

@geekgirl101 & @rosemow - I have a question regarding children. I have two playable Sims in my household. One of my Sims is married to another Sim that doesn't live in the house and they had a baby. The baby lives in my household. The baby has aged up into a child today. I have a 3rd slot that I can unlock in my household, as I do have the Sim Cash to unlock it....but I was curious....what happens to the child when it ages up? Do I need to unlock that 3rd slot so that when the child ages up, it can be a playable Sim in my household? I haven't unlocked the slot yet.....but I'm just confused on what happens to the child. I've been working on the child's upbringing during the baby/toddler/child phase.....so I definitely want to ensure she's in my house when she ages to adult. If I unlock the slot, will the child automatically live in the home once it ages up?

Sorry for all the questions. I just want to make sure I do things right in moving forward. When I first started playing I had no clue on what I was doing, so I wish I had my two playable Sims get married in the beginning so that I had a family instead of having my Sims wife live outside the home. Now that I have a bassinet in my inventory, can a Sim have a child at anytime? Gosh, I'm just so confused on babies, & what to do with them.
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,519 Member
    edited September 2018
    @geekgirl101 - Thanks so much for these tips! I'm new to Sims Mobile. I didn't see your post until after I started, but I'm definitely following these tips now.

@geekgirl101 & @rosemow - I have a question regarding children. I have two playable Sims in my household. One of my Sims is married to another Sim that doesn't live in the house and they had a baby. The baby lives in my household. The baby has aged up into a child today. I have a 3rd slot that I can unlock in my household, as I do have the Sim Cash to unlock it....but I was curious....what happens to the child when it ages up? Do I need to unlock that 3rd slot so that when the child ages up, it can be a playable Sim in my household? I haven't unlocked the slot yet.....but I'm just confused on what happens to the child. I've been working on the child's upbringing during the baby/toddler/child phase.....so I definitely want to ensure she's in my house when she ages to adult. If I unlock the slot, will the child automatically live in the home once it ages up?

Sorry for all the questions. I just want to make sure I do things right in moving forward. When I first started playing I had no clue on what I was doing, so I wish I had my two playable Sims get married in the beginning so that I had a family instead of having my Sims wife live outside the home. Now that I have a bassinet in my inventory, can a Sim have a child at anytime? Gosh, I'm just so confused on babies, & what to do with them.

Hello @Sha2520032003
    When the child ages up to an adult , it will become a NPC in the home. If you unlock the third slot, you can then click on the family portrait and “ promote” the aged up child adult into the third slot so that she can be played. She isn’t made playable automatically, you have to choose to promote her to the third slot.
    If you have a bassinet, Sims can have a child anytime.
  • Sha2520032003Sha2520032003 Posts: 2,258 Member
    Thanks so much @rosemow!!! I really appreciate your help. How does it work if I wanted to move my Sims wife into the home, so I can play them as a family. My Sims wife is another Sim's creation, that I am friends with. I would hate to move out my other Sim, who is pretty leveled up in hobby and career if I'm unable to move the wife into the home. Also if I were to move out a Sim, are you able to move them back in or once moved out they're gone?
    Thanks so much @rosemow!!! I really appreciate your help. How does it work if I wanted to move my Sims wife into the home, so I can play them as a family. My Sims wife is another Sim's creation, that I am friends with. I would hate to move out my other Sim, who is pretty leveled up in hobby and career if I'm unable to move the wife into the home. Also if I were to move out a Sim, are you able to move them back in or once moved out they're gone?

Hello :) If you have three slots, you have to work out which sims that you want to have to fill the slots. If you keep the two sims who you already have as playable and then add the adult child to the third slot, the wife won’t be able to become playable. She will remain a npc. She can move into the household but you won’t be able to play her.
  • Att50Att50 Posts: 1 New Member
    The game won't let me move my sims spouse in. Saying "theirs not enough room in my household" but I have a double bed. What's the problem
    Att50 wrote: »
    The game won't let me move my sims spouse in. Saying "theirs not enough room in my household" but I have a double bed. What's the problem

Hello @Att50
    It depends on how many playable sims slots that you have opened and have filled. You can pay to have up to 4 playable sims slot open. Your sims playable slots may already be filled. You can also only have up to 8 non active unplayable sims living in the home.
  • Kimono54Kimono54 Posts: 6 New Member
    Is there a list somewhere of which items cost what amounts for in-game purchases?like how much a hair style costs, or a shirt or a couch? I was missing a lot of simcash so I sent in a ticket to ea and they said that I purchased something for 900 simcash. I didn't even know that anything in the game costs 900 simcash. I bought some because I wanted to be able to purchase the fish tank or the hamster if it ever pops up as an option for me and I heard that it costs 1000 simcash. I didn't know there was anything other than one of those pop-up events that cost anything even close to the 900 simcash that ea says i spent on one item.
    > @Gamer12 said:
    > Is 3 star toilet really better than 2 star? I really like my bathroom and dont want to use my gold toilet/tub if I dont need to. Lol

A toilet in any bathroom can give +6 energy for using it. So if your current toilet that you like gives you +6 then don't bother upgrading it. You can also buy different items for your bathroom like hand towels, toilet paper rolls and clothes hampers that increase the energy given to you when you use bathroom items.
    > @VapeeVixen said:
    > I'm stumped on relationships... I've done all that I can, can't find a way to do Tainted Love, The Fixer Upper, Better Late Than Never, Frenemies, More Than Friends With Benefits... don't have the sibling rivalry one either but assume have to have 2 kids... please help

For sibling rivalry, you will need 2 siblings to start a rival relstionship (the mean kind) then it will be among the regular rival options you can choose from.
    > @merribee said:
    > Thank you for the tips. I do have a question I haven’t seen addressed anywhere in forums. Is there any way to prevent “breakdown” of household items? Some are inexpensive to repair but one my beds is over 100 coins & everything seems break on regular basis. It’s frustrating to see your coins wasted after working so hard earn them! Thanks.

The only way to prevent breakdowns is to not use the item. If you use them regularly they will break. I have a TV that costs 500+ coins to fix when it breaks.
    > @SpecCmdr013 said:
    > I’m new here so I can’t make a post...
    > I want to start the Sibling Rivalry story but no matter how I try, I can’t see it after the rivalry event. I tried it with my two starting sims and made a confrontation introduction. They’re now level three as acquaintances and I’ve already started many rivalry events. I’m playing the game on iPad with the latest OS and updates... is it because the iOS app hasn’t been updated yet?

When you say your 2 "starting sims" do you mean the first 2 you ever created? If those are your first 2 ever, they are not siblings. Have them get into a level 3 relationship and then have 2 babies with them. Then those 2 will be siblings that you can use for the sibling rivalry.
    > @geekgirl101 said:
    > VapeeVixen wrote: »
    >
    > I'm stumped on relationships... I've done all that I can, can't find a way to do Tainted Love, The Fixer Upper, Better Late Than Never, Frenemies, More Than Friends With Benefits... don't have the sibling rivalry one either but assume have to have 2 kids... please help
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Tainted Love and Frenemies I think you have to do a mean interaction. Better Late Than Never requires an elder in the house, but do this as soon as you age the sim and spam the friendly interactions like crazy because elders age fast and if you're unlucky he/she will want to move out before you can get to friendship level 10 and there's nothing you can do to stop it. Sibling Rivalry I do believe needs 2 descendants from the same family and probably requires you to do a mean interaction with them. Otherwise the rest should just be there, you may need to swipe to see them.

You might want to use a NPC elder for the better late than never relationship story so they won't age out before you finish the story.
  • lassiterb76lassiterb76 Posts: 7 New Member
    [quote="Kimono54;c-16736336"]> @Gamer12 said:
    > Is 3 star toilet really better than 2 star? I really like my bathroom and dont want to use my gold toilet/tub if I dont need to. Lol

A toilet in any bathroom can give +6 energy for using it. So if your current toilet that you like gives you +6 then don't bother upgrading it. You can also buy different items for your bathroom like hand towels, toilet paper rolls and clothes hampers that increase the energy given to you when you use bathroom items. [/quote]

I think (someone kindly correct me if they've experienced otherwise) the benefit to using the gold bathroom appliances is that they never break down or need repair. They're the only toilets I use, despite having three bathrooms.
  • lassiterb76lassiterb76 Posts: 7 New Member
    Can anyone suggest a non-Facebook site for info beyond noob hints and tips, but not alleged cheats? Am I the only one in search of this sort of website, or is everyone on FB?

Thanks in advance 🤓
  • FrogmortonFrogmorton Posts: 1 New Member
    Can anyone tell me the maximum energy regain for the Toilet, Shower, Bathtub, and Bed? So far I've managed to get the toilet to +6, the Shower to +13, the Bathtub to +20 and the Bed to +23. Is that the max or are the items I've missed?
  • SheezaPayneDiazSheezaPayneDiaz Posts: 240 Member
    Those are some pretty good numbers. What items do you have to get the bed and tub so high? My bed is tapped out at 16 and my tub at 17. My toilet is at 6 and my shower is 13.