Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Longer Names in The Sims 4

TarruviTarruvi Posts: 1,227 Member
The ability to have longer First and Last names in TS4 would be great, and helpful.

Helpful? Well, there is a sim by the name of Olivia Spencer-Kim-Lewis. Her last name can be troublesome, for you cannot modify her without losing a few(or more) characters.

Having the ability to create longer names would be awesome, and ease the stress of playing the Spencer-Kim-Lewis household. :)

Comments

• tribbotribbo Posts: 2,441 Member
    I totally agree; I'd love longer names in the game. And maybe a middle name option too??
    MAFIA STATS
    Played: 18 | Won: 9 | Lost: 9
    Town Wins: 4 | Mafia Wins: 5 | Third Wins: 0
    Played as Town: 10 | Played as Mafia: 9 | Played as Third: 1
  • LunaNovaLunaNova Posts: 1,239 Member
    TRibbo24 wrote: »
    I totally agree; I'd love longer names in the game. And maybe a middle name option too??

That would be cool!
    tumblr_ox7j4tmNjd1wqkiw6o1_1280.png
    //Sims Tumblr Here-MoonPhase Simblr//Berry Sims Here- MoonBerry Sims//
    Let me make you a cute forum avatar [Closed right noww!! will re-open closer to cats and dogs!] //
  • Forest_NinjaForest_Ninja Posts: 1,181 Member
    TRibbo24 wrote: »

I'd really appreciate a middle name option as well however long names are already possible:

Long_Name3.jpg
    "Video gaming began as an engineer's hobby and a means of creative expression for those of higher technical inclination. It is expected that those who are capable of higher engineering-related achievements will see value, in electronic entertainment products, where others see failure." -Sasquatch
  • imhappyimhappy Posts: 1,988 Member
    I'm planning on having Alice hire Mitchel as a live-in manny (male nanny) to take care of her daughter. If all goes according to plan, Olivia will be Olivia Spencer-Kim-Lewis-Kallani :D
    Long_Name4.jpg:*        
    "Video gaming began as an engineer's hobby and a means of creative expression for those of higher technical inclination. It is expected that those who are capable of higher engineering-related achievements will see value, in electronic entertainment products, where others see failure." -Sasquatch
  • Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    I'm fine with sims have a first and last name I don't need a middle, left, right, centre, east, west, above and bellow names.

Plus that would slightly influence the performance of the game in a negative way which I do not need.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • TarruviTarruvi Posts: 1,227 Member
    @Forest_Ninja
    How do we use long strings? :o
    edited June 2016
    Tarruvi wrote: »
    @Forest_Ninja

You'll need a script to edit names... Try this one:

http://www.mediafire.com/download/ah5d628ax2a82na/Sasquatch-ChangeSimName.zip

Usage: change_sim_name "Long First Name with Dashes or Spaces" "Long Last Name with Dashes or Spaces"

Changes the name of the selected sim. If you're entering a hyphenated name with no spaces then there is no need for quotation marks.
    edited June 2016
    @Forest_Ninja

Long_Name_Test2.jpg

Long_Name_Test_Console2.jpg

Edit: Typo Correction.
    Thanks @Forest_Ninja !

If only we had the ability to create longer names Without the help of mods. XD

I'll be using that script though. :o
    Thanks @Forest_Ninja !

If only we had the ability to create longer names Without the help of mods. XD

I'll be using that script though. :o

I understand, but those scripts don't really modify anything, they just call functions which were created by the devs to allow content creators to interface with the engine. That script won't ever conflict since it only sets the name value without overriding anything and I'll be releasing the full set of my scripts with the next expansion since it doesn't appear that anyone is interested in extending the current features.
    @Forest_Ninja
    So, the script creates a link to making longer names possible? Cool! :P
  • VonSimsVonSims Posts: 186 Member
    @Forest_Ninja

Long_Name_Test2.jpg

Long_Name_Test_Console2.jpg

Edit: Typo Correction.

Does this script still work?
  • xXSirenSimsXxxXSirenSimsXx Posts: 2 New Member
    Does the name reset when you go into CAS?
  • FanPhoriaFanPhoria Posts: 1,655 Member
    The ability to have longer First and Last names in TS4 would be great, and helpful.

Helpful? Well, there is a sim by the name of Olivia Spencer-Kim-Lewis. Her last name can be troublesome, for you cannot modify her without losing a few(or more) characters.

Having the ability to create longer names would be awesome, and ease the stress of playing the Spencer-Kim-Lewis household. :)

Haha, yeah it's super funny to me that this pre-made sim has a last name we could never choose to give a sim ourselves :-P
  • BelladonnatrixBelladonnatrix Posts: 1 New Member
    I pressed on the link for the script but it doesn't seem to be there anymore. :(
  • pixietink85pixietink85 Posts: 37 Member
    Does anyone know if their is a way to make first and last names longer with the current game version? These old ways that this thread lists haven't worked in two years.
  • ParaleeParalee Posts: 1,166 Member
    Does anyone know if their is a way to make first and last names longer with the current game version? These old ways that this thread lists haven't worked in two years.

I would also like to know
    My speculations on hints for future content:
    -Cars Update
    -Spiral/Diagonal Stairs Update
    -Hotel Pack
    -Romance Pack (possibly combined with Hotel Pack)
    -Bands Pack
    -Royalty Pack
    -Fashion Design Pack
    -Fairies Pack
    -Werewolf Pack
    -France-inspired World
  • aldavoraldavor Posts: 1,387 Member
  • MagdaleenaMagdaleena Posts: 973 Member
    edited October 2019
    tribbo wrote: »

I would absolutely LOVE to have a middle name option. So many people have middle names in real life, so why not add an optional name box (or several!) for middle names?

Please, thanks.

lil_pixel_boys.png
    they/he
    simblr