Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Singer Career?

Still waiting for the singer career. Do you think they'll eventually add it?
Not sure what to put here... so hi

Comments

• PastelMermaidPastelMermaid Posts: 1,298 Member
    Maybe? There has been a lot of ask for a band scenario.. like a club, you gotta get in and can be kicked out > "go solo" maybe.. which could add some instruments, provide the use of the singing skill...
    tumblr_nvqukkenkr1udwsc5o7_250.gif

"wahoo" - aquaman
  • MaggieMarleyMaggieMarley Posts: 5,299 Member
    edited October 2018
    I hope that if they do the pack includes the singing skill.

I do have City Living, but some people who don’t have City Living will want a singing career pack. I’m sure they’d be annoyed if they had to buy City Living (for the singing skill) just so that they could use this further pack!

Unfortunately, EA seem reluctant to include any one feature in more than one pack so I’m not confident this will happen.
    @MaggieMarley I totally get what you mean, but at the same time.. it's a possibility.. I mean I don't have CL and I can gain the photography skill because I have cats and dogs.. "simstagram" too..

"wahoo" - aquaman
  • MaggieMarleyMaggieMarley Posts: 5,299 Member
    edited October 2018
    @PastelMermaid did photography come with CL and Pets? I totally didn’t know that! I just assumed it was in the base game!

If so then that shows they are willing to include the same content in more than one pack and gives me hope they would introduce a singing career pack.

It’s just that they didn’t include fireworks or pumpkin carving in Seasons (I guess because the former is in CL and the latter in spooky stuff) and they didn’t include tents in JA (because they came in OR I guess). These omissions really irritated me.

I guess alternatively they might release a singing career in a free patch (which you must have CL in order to use). This unfortunately seems more their style to me.
    @MaggieMarley - Im pretty sure it was introduced in CL.. (I could be completely wrong).. because they have all the "photo studio" items and such.. (I believe).. and you could "simstagram pets" which developed that in C&D (again, I could totally have my wires crossed) - I know in dine out you can take photos of food...

so it could be viable... depends what they have in stored really.. bands could come in a stuff pack!?! (similar to my first pet)

"wahoo" - aquaman
  • DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    There shouldn't be a need to repeat features in multiple packs. We got the singing career in CL. If you want that feature, buy that pack. We have a MUSIC career that came with the base game so I doubt that a singing career will be added when we have the music career and the singing skill already.

Bands will probably be a SP or part of a UNI pack and could add a concert stage object or venue.

All we really need for singing is a recording studio object that can be used by other careers like a politician recording a campaign ad, or voice actors recording cartoons or games, or musicians recording albums.

31484722208_83b806a717_k.jpg
  • LluviaRainLluviaRain Posts: 2,199 Member
    @Dannydanbo The singing career isn’t in CL. I’ve checked, plus I already have that pack
    Not sure what to put here... so hi
  • ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    No I don’t think they will ever specifically add an actual Singing career. They’ve had ample opportunities to do so and haven’t done so. We have the music career, the singing skill, and the ability to write songs with lyrics with/without a piano. I think that’s as good as it will ever get.
    My bad. I meant to say Music career and Singing skill.
  • MovottiMovotti Posts: 7,774 Member
    Dannydanbo wrote: »
    All we really need for singing is a recording studio object that can be used by other careers like a politician recording a campaign ad, or voice actors recording cartoons or games, or musicians recording albums.

31484722208_83b806a717_k.jpg

I wanna be able to get in one of those with a guitarist, and record a tribute to the greatest song in the world.
    AmusingExhaustedArchaeopteryx-max-1mb.gif
    Bohemian Rhapsody! I want something similar but without the booth part. You build two connected rooms and place the object on the common wall. Then, you could "record" one sim or a group or a band.
  • SarahsShadySarahsShady Posts: 963 Member
    I highly doubt we will get a singing career anytime soon. Stinks though, cuz when I think famous, I think about singers and rock bands. It's not just actors/actresses that should be famous. Another half thought out pack fro TS4.
    giphy.gif

Please Bring Back Toddlers, Realistic Teenagers and Create a World.
    Make the Sims (4) Great Again<3

• Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    cupcake12 wrote: »
    @Dannydanbo The singing career isn’t in CL. I’ve checked, plus I already have that pack

Yes it is.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• MidnightAuraMidnightAura Posts: 5,809 Member
    Photography initially came with Get to work and was later patched for the base game. I know because my niece started playing the game on console and before she had Get to work the option to take pictures wasn’t there.

Singing is a skill in City Living not a career although you can make money from it busking. I think it was Graham that said sims can become famous through singing and draw larger crowds but there’s not going to be a set career.
    edited October 2018
    Photography initially came with Get to work and was later patched for the base game. I know because my niece started playing the game on console and before she had Get to work the option to take pictures wasn’t there.

Singing is a skill in City Living not a career although you can make money from it busking. I think it was Graham that said sims can become famous through singing and draw larger crowds but there’s not going to be a set career.

It has two paths like a career - as I have a Singer and took the song writer path when it was offered to her, so she writes and publishes her own songs and gets money for doing so in royalties (like book writers do) and such. She can also perform her own songs as well - but she doesn't usually DO THAT. So it acts like any other career.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!

• MidnightAuraMidnightAura Posts: 5,809 Member
    I have a sim who is level 8 she can write lyrics but I don’t think can licence her songs. (Yet) I’m not sure what you mean by two paths as it’s a ten level skill?
    One of My sims was just singing and playing at the festivals for several levels - and then one day I got the pop up telling me she could write her own songs so she did and has been doing that since. Periodically she gets money in the mail - says it's royalties for a certain song.

I had a similiar thing also happen to my book writer as well but for books he's written and sold.

In dreams - I LIVE!

• luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,617 Member
    I wish they'd revamp the Entertainer career to include Singing!
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.