Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How to Install Sims 4 Mods

Sims 4 Guide - How to Install Sims 4 Mods

A concise and comprehensive guide for anyone who wants to learn how to install Sims 4 mods. This article explains directories, files, mod organisation and more.

#TheSims4 #GameGuide #CustomContent

https://chartxgames.com/sims-4-guide-how-to-install-sims-4-mods

Happy Simming.

Dag, dag for now,
Michael.

Comments

• Bananas_45Bananas_45 Posts: 6,778 Member
    Just a quick tip, restarting the game should generate a new resource.cfg file.
  • Bananas_45Bananas_45 Posts: 6,778 Member
    This is really helpful. Thank you for taking the time to do it!
  • mpgore2004mpgore2004 Posts: 92 Member
    Bananas_45 wrote: »
    Just a quick tip, restarting the game should generate a new resource.cfg file.

Thank you. I will ammend the post.
  • LittleMsSamLittleMsSam Posts: 125 Member
    edited August 2018
    Hi there and first thx for the tutorial ;) I just have three remarks:

1) "Script Mods; more complicated mods that actually introduce some sort of code in to the game. These cannot be organized in a folder structure i.e. they must be in the ‘Mods’ folder and must be in a .zip file."

This can be confusing since nowadays script files are mostly *.ts4script Files and not *.Zip Files. It could lead ppl to just install the Downloaded Zip instead of extracting the Package & ts4script Files inside the zip. Also to better organize the Mod Folder it would be good for ppl to know that Script Files can be indeed in a Subfolder but only one and not deeper unless the creator explicit tells them to install it directly in the Mod Folder.

2) "Note: script mods can seriously harm your game and I do not recommend them. However, for some more complex mods to work they may come with a script file which they need. Usually the creator will provide detailed instructions."

I know it is just your recommandation but in my Opinion most "Script" Mods are "harmless" since they only add Interactions to Objects & Sims and don't change anything deeper like game changing script Mods (for example Pregnancy Mega Mod, UI Cheats etc). I feel like a generalization like that could scare ppl away from Mods that do include a Script File to add Interactions to the Game?

3) You used this to be added to the Resource.cfg

Priority 500
    PackedFile *.package
    PackedFile *\*.package

but below you say to organize the Mods Folder like this

Mods/Clothing/Female/Tops
    Mods/Hair/Female
    Mods/Make Up/Female/Eye Liner

So wouldn't it be better to let ppl actually add this to the Resource.cfg?

Priority 500
    PackedFile *.package
    PackedFile */*.package
    PackedFile */*/*.package
    PackedFile */*/*/*.package
    PackedFile */*/*/*/*.package
    PackedFile */*/*/*/*/*.package

Besides my remarks i will keep an eye on this Tut since it can be helpful for users who often ask me how to install my mods^^

~~~ FIND OVER 150+ MODS ON MY OWN SITE https://lms-mods.com/ ~~~
  • EmihahneEmihahne Posts: 40 Member
    You rock! Thank you!
    You're all welcome.
    Hi there and first thx for the tutorial ;) I just have three remarks:

1) "Script Mods; more complicated mods that actually introduce some sort of code in to the game. These cannot be organized in a folder structure i.e. they must be in the ‘Mods’ folder and must be in a .zip file."

This can be confusing since nowadays script files are mostly *.ts4script Files and not *.Zip Files. It could lead ppl to just install the Downloaded Zip instead of extracting the Package & ts4script Files inside the zip. Also to better organize the Mod Folder it would be good for ppl to know that Script Files can be indeed in a Subfolder but only one and not deeper unless the creator explicit tells them to install it directly in the Mod Folder.

2) "Note: script mods can seriously harm your game and I do not recommend them. However, for some more complex mods to work they may come with a script file which they need. Usually the creator will provide detailed instructions."

I know it is just your recommandation but in my Opinion most "Script" Mods are "harmless" since they only add Interactions to Objects & Sims and don't change anything deeper like game changing script Mods (for example Pregnancy Mega Mod, UI Cheats etc). I feel like a generalization like that could scare ppl away from Mods that do include a Script File to add Interactions to the Game?

3) You used this to be added to the Resource.cfg

Priority 500
    PackedFile *.package
    PackedFile *\*.package

but below you say to organize the Mods Folder like this

Mods/Clothing/Female/Tops
    Mods/Hair/Female
    Mods/Make Up/Female/Eye Liner

So wouldn't it be better to let ppl actually add this to the Resource.cfg?

Priority 500
    PackedFile *.package
    PackedFile */*.package
    PackedFile */*/*.package
    PackedFile */*/*/*.package
    PackedFile */*/*/*/*.package
    PackedFile */*/*/*/*/*.package

Besides my remarks i will keep an eye on this Tut since it can be helpful for users who often ask me how to install my mods^^

Thanks for pointing some things out.

You have added some good information to the post which will help people.