Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What do you do with your elders?

167891012...Next

Comments

• MikezumiMikezumi Posts: 49,697 Member
    Make their last days as happy as possible (e.g. granting most wishes, letting them do things they enjoy, etc.)
    @Evalen I feel bad about awesoming your post but I always awesome comments made to me. I am sorry for your loss :'(
  • EvalenEvalen Posts: 10,223 Member
    Don't feel bad, awesome is alright, after all he was an awesome sim anyway. Have a great day with your sims.
  • AuroraskiesAuroraskies Posts: 1,834 Member
    Other (please specify below)
    @Mikezumi

Yes, it is one of the main dynamic features in the game, to procreate, it makes for a lot of fun for generational play. The toddlers are adorable I agree, but a full house is not as fun for me to manage, and I tend to have a one or two sim's household, often with 'room mates', in most of my saves.

Thank you for the link to the bloomers :smile: , it did not work, but I guess it is third party CC. I am not familiarized with that concept yet so I will wait to download any until I understand it better. But they do look nice, and fit the idea of a farm theme well :smile: Although, in my language, the pants are named after an arabic word for slave origin people, soldiers and body guards to sultans in the 1200-1500: The Mamluks ("mamelucker"). I guess it does tickle a bit when slaves take the power :wink:
    Make their last days as happy as possible (e.g. granting most wishes, letting them do things they enjoy, etc.)
    @Auroraskies Sorry the link I gave you didn't work. When you do try CC here is the link again https://web.archive.org/web/20180228040302/http://all-about-style.com:80/Sims3hist_sleepundies.html

The origins of words is often very interesting :)
    I lost my sweet Niall yesterday :'( His final wish was to skinny dip and he was doing just that, autonomously, when his time ran out.
    43516732190_cdefb96815_o.jpg
    45332551411_fa3bbd7abd_o.jpg
    He was surrounded by loved ones when his time came, including his niece who came after school.
    31458135218_a83a1684b7_o.jpg
    He begged and it broke my heart :heartbreak:
    31458132988_e7180b2941_o.jpg
  • Nikkei_SimmerNikkei_Simmer Posts: 9,425 Member
    edited October 2018
    :cry: My sims didn't reach elder. :(

Screenshot-4.jpg
    :mrgreen: Yeah, I didn't want to see them become a shell of themselves. :D
    Screenshot-18.jpg
    Now they're in a Populate the Town save. :D With one of the objectives being "to become IMMORTAL". >:)
    GYZ6Ak9.png
    Always "River McIrish" ...and maybe some Bebe Hart. ~innocent expression~
    @Nikkei_Simmer Elder sims are beautiful to me. I don't see them as shells of their former selves. I know I am no longer the beauty I was but I am more comfortable in my own skin than I ever was.
  • Nikkei_SimmerNikkei_Simmer Posts: 9,425 Member
    edited October 2018
    Mikezumi wrote: »
    @Nikkei_Simmer Elder sims are beautiful to me. I don't see them as shells of their former selves. I know I am no longer the beauty I was but I am more comfortable in my own skin than I ever was.

I'd have to say that the Sims is a lot gentler in dealing with the passing of sims (due to old age). They look astonished for a moment that their "time is up" and then poof they metamorphose into a "ghost" whereas in real life...

I saw my dad go from this strong man to a frail person being held alive on life-support (in the space of half a day (just long enough for me to get to the hospital to say goodbye). In fact, I sat and held his hand as he breathed his last. (my mother couldn't even stay in the room to see my father breathe his last - left the room and left the decision to "pull the plug" up to me...(sorry...the bitterness still comes out)) Still don't know if he was in pain or whether he felt nothing at the time of his passing but I sure as heck wasn't about to let him pass without knowing that there was a loved one there, that he wasn't alone...I held his hand until the EKG line went flat.

Certainly, I'm comfortable getting old in real life, but for my sims (that I was attached to...); didn't want that.
    GYZ6Ak9.png
    Always "River McIrish" ...and maybe some Bebe Hart. ~innocent expression~
    @Nikkei_Simmer I watched my mother die as well but that doesn't diminish how I feel about old age. My father didn't even make it anywhere near elder but I am sure he would have been as beautiful as mother in old age.