Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

I wish my klepto sims could swipe more things...

Specifically,

1: for sale items in retail stores (I was SO psyched to send m kleptomaniac sim to a retail store, but then nothing was swipable! What a let down! And what's the point of those "theft resistant" display cases you can buy if there's no danger of shoplifting???)

2: collectables. How fun would it be to have a kleptomaniac with the collector aspiration who could steal things like metals or crystals or other things on display at public places or people houses? So fun! Forget all that pesky digging! And it would hardly be making things too easy, since you can only attempt to steal every few hours and there's a chance of getting caught.

Like, if I have a klepto sim, I wanna be able to swipe all sorts of 🐸🐸🐸🐸, y'know? And iff I can swipe a piano, I should be able to swipe an element off the rack!

Comments

• DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    Have you watched the Guru Garage streams? SimguruRomeo is playing a family of thieves that go to community lots like museums and other sims homes and steal stuff. Then they put it up for sale in their shop. All profit. You can watched missed streams on YouTube.
  • EmihahneEmihahne Posts: 40 Member
    Is it a fun trait to have? Also since there is a detective job can you get caught and go to jail
  • DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    Emihahne wrote: »
    Is it a fun trait to have? Also since there is a detective job can you get caught and go to jail

I haven't seen any sim get arrested but, if caught it affects your reputation with the one that caught you and you can't take that object and might not be able to steal anything for a period of time. This last bit is fuzzy, so maybe, maybe not.
  • FanPhoriaFanPhoria Posts: 1,655 Member
    Dannydanbo wrote: »
    Have you watched the Guru Garage streams? SimguruRomeo is playing a family of thieves that go to community lots like museums and other sims homes and steal stuff. Then they put it up for sale in their shop. All profit. You can watched missed streams on YouTube.

Well, sure, but my point was more about story than profit. I like the story element of a kleptomaniac shoplifting at a retail store, or one with the collector aspiration using their swiping skills to collect things. And I like the story challenge of running a retail shop where shoplifters are a problem. I really never have trouble making money in the game, so I'm not really looking for more ways to do that (I usually end up with millions of simoleans I don't know what to do with lol). I just think there's more opportunity for fun and excitement with kleptomaniacs than there currently is.
  • alyssa123alyssa123 Posts: 323 Member
    FanPhoria wrote: »
    Specifically,

1: for sale items in retail stores (I was SO psyched to send m kleptomaniac sim to a retail store, but then nothing was swipable! What a let down! And what's the point of those "theft resistant" display cases you can buy if there's no danger of shoplifting???)

2: collectables. How fun would it be to have a kleptomaniac with the collector aspiration who could steal things like metals or crystals or other things on display at public places or people houses? So fun! Forget all that pesky digging! And it would hardly be making things too easy, since you can only attempt to steal every few hours and there's a chance of getting caught.

Like, if I have a klepto sim, I wanna be able to swipe all sorts of plum, y'know? And iff I can swipe a piano, I should be able to swipe an element off the rack!

i agree 100%. there needs to be way more stuff kleptos can steal aside from desk lamps and garden gnomes. like seriously, gym signs? why am i able to steal a huge sign outside of a gym but not, say, a stereo? makes no sense
    when gravity falls and the earth becomes sky, fear the beast with just one eye
  • SimsILikeSimsSimsILikeSims Posts: 1,634 Member
    edited November 2018
    FanPhoria wrote: »
    Specifically,

Like, if I have a klepto sim, I wanna be able to swipe all sorts of plum, y'know? And iff I can swipe a piano, I should be able to swipe an element off the rack!

If they let klepto Sims swipe stuff like that, they would have to put a theft alarm/detector in the game, maybe one like you see at grocery store entrances. I do miss the burglar Sims, even if I had to put in burglar alarms to keep them from swiping Sims fridges. (You would think the whole fridge would be too heavy, why not simply steal all food from the fridge...) There could also be garden variety thieves who simply steal harvestable produce out of Sim gardens leaving the plants undamaged. It would be a heck of a lot more realistic than the way they did Sims 3 zombies. Heck, sometimes I even miss the Unsavory Charlatan from Sims 2 Bon Voyage who pickpocketed vacationing Sims.
    I have been playing The Sims since 2001, when Livin Large came out. My avatar deliberately looks like Chris Roomies from TS1.
  • TiarellaTiarella Posts: 661 Member
    I tried the klepto trait on one sim, and was frustrated over how few things she could swipe, enough that I don't use the trait and don't play much with the sim. I'll probably re-trait her.

If she could steal the things I wanted her to steal, it'd be different! :smile: