Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sim Fu Lie, Please help!

Ok, anyone find doing the martial arts tournament very unfair? The game seems to think that even though my sim Level 10 in Athletics and Martial Arts and supermaxed on both of them except the grand master still allows green belts and blue belts to cream my sim. He has traits all related and geared towards the martial arts tournament plus hes a vampire, yet some china townies still beat him... I don't know what Im doing wrong here. He is supermaxed on this Athletics and Martial Arts - spar master and can tranquil transference with ease. Clogged to 85 spar matches with his friends yet the first time I let him do the tournament, some *&^%$@ beat him, checked her traits, only Athletic, no disciplined, and only green belt.

How do I cream these china idiots with ease then? Seems to me Sim Fu King is more like Sim Fu LIE, lol!

Any ideas and suggestions is very much welcomed.

Thanks for reading.

Comments

• Mev1015Mev1015 Posts: 330 New Member
    edited January 2013
    I know what you mean. The only thing you can do is challenge them again before they leave the lot. Do it again if you have to, they eventually will win the match.

I hated a blue belt beating my level 10 athletic, black belt sim with 80 sparring matches. Wouldn't happen IRL. The match against that mummy dude in the tomb was a laugh. It was over so fast, don't blink.
  • slpc04slpc04 Posts: 108 Member
    edited January 2013
    Im surprised to find only one reply here. LoL! Must be everyone else here finds it ok to be beaten by lowbies from china or maybe they don't really mind being beaten. But the reason Im so mad is the game forces me to train my sim so rigorously in order to fulfill the martial arts journal, yet after completing that and doing the martial arts grandmaster tournament, Im beaten by some idiot lowbie who has not even done any supermaxing, no matching traits or just minimal, this is EA logic?????

If EA didn't force me to train my sim rigorously, I won't mind my sim losing cos I didn't train him that hard, or it was easy to get to max Athletic and/or Martial Arts. Its not, thats why! And on top of that, I have to subject to losing to lowbies, that is to me unacceptable. My sim should ONLY lose to same level, same supermaxing skills, same traits. Then I consider that fair. Its obvious EA don't know anything about Martial Arts or the Grandmaster Title. GRRRRRRRRRRRR.

Thanks for listening to my rant!

• suzanna13suzanna13 Posts: 1,426 Member
    edited January 2013
    Yes, that is one of the things that annoy me so much. I really don't think they gave much thought to some things. It's like being a level 8 in your career and your boss is only a level 5. What gives here. I should be his/her boss. Story progression just throws anyone in to fill a gap. O.K. now I'm ranting. :lol: Keep trying and good luck on beating the cheater.
  • KarinLKarinL Posts: 3,989 Member
    edited January 2013
    Sim Fu (and other games, like Pool or Chess) are actually 'hidden skills' in themselves. They increase as your Sim practices. The way for a Sim to become better at winning martial arts tournaments is to spar with other Sims rather than learn from the book or practice with the dummy. They need 'practical tournament experience' as well as 'theoretical knowledge of how to hit another Sim'.

The same is true for a level 10 logic Sim who learned through books and the telescope - he'll get beaten in a chess tournament by a Sim who has a higher hidden Chess skill through playing other Sims, even if that other player is only a level 5 in logic.

• slpc04slpc04 Posts: 108 Member
    edited January 2013
    Thanks for all the replies. In case you didn't notice, my sim has already sparred up to 85 matches (friendly sparring). That counts to "Sim Fu King (LIE)" and hes still sparring to clog up more. Thats a lot of experience, don't you think? Achieving Sim Fu King (LiE) supposedly helps your sim to spar and WIN with ease, but thats not true.

I get too upset when any sim or china townies beats my sim in either friendly sparring or tournament. LoL...cos its hard work to train my sim up to complete the athletic and martial arts journal. Im not letting my sim lose ANY fight at all! Perfectionist to the max, if I can help it! In this case, I wanna smack EA!
  • KSkywalker4571KSkywalker4571 Posts: 413 Member
    edited February 2013
    Young one, you have missed an important lesson in Sim Fu: Humility. Is your Sim so perfect that he can never make an error? :wink::lol:
    1/16/2015 I own the Store! :o:D
  • loreb4dataloreb4data Posts: 7
    edited August 2013
    The original poster is quite correct. My sim fu king grand master is having the same problem. He has to fight every opponent sometimes two or three times in order to win a single match whether it's just sparing or a tournament match.

His athletics is at level 10 and he's completed the body builder challenge.

His martial arts level is at level 10 and he's completed all challenges in that skill.

His chess/logic skill is at level 7.

I took the liberty of looking up the last sparing opponents stats. They were as follows. Tournament experience was 2 wins, 1 loss. Athletic was level 9. Martial Arts 10. Chess/Logic level 4. Something isn't adding up here at all. I wouldn't mind one or two losses every now and then against an evenly matched Sim but to lose almost constantly kind of negates the whole "Guaranteed you'll rarely lose" point of obtaining the Sim Fu King challenge.

It is rather annoying when NPC sims with practically no fighting experience still beat sims all the time with a significant amount of experience and much greater skill levels etc.

Edit: Forgot to Add my Sim is at a Level 5 tournament rank.

• LucyBorgiaLucyBorgia Posts: 753 Member
    edited August 2013
    slpc04 wrote:
    Ok, anyone find doing the martial arts tournament very unfair? The game seems to think that even though my sim Level 10 in Athletics and Martial Arts and supermaxed on both of them except the grand master still allows green belts and blue belts to cream my sim. He has traits all related and geared towards the martial arts tournament plus hes a vampire, yet some china townies still beat him... I don't know what Im doing wrong here. He is supermaxed on this Athletics and Martial Arts - spar master and can tranquil transference with ease. Clogged to 85 spar matches with his friends yet the first time I let him do the tournament, some *&^%$@ beat him, checked her traits, only Athletic, no disciplined, and only green belt.

How do I cream these china idiots with ease then? Seems to me Sim Fu King is more like Sim Fu LIE, lol!

Any ideas and suggestions is very much welcomed.

Thanks for reading.

Actually, it seems like a bit of realism - your Sim has sparred with his friends, he knows how they react & which moves they use, whereas the townies from China are unknown quantities so he doesn't know how they'll fight!
  • loreb4dataloreb4data Posts: 7
    edited August 2013
    LucyBorgia wrote:

Actually, it seems like a bit of realism - your Sim has sparred with his friends, he knows how they react & which moves they use, whereas the townies from China are unknown quantities so he doesn't know how they'll fight!

Not realism at all. Frankly I have a really popular Sim who basically makes friends as soon as they meet him practically. His Charisma skill is maxed out and he has the Attractive lifetime reward so making friends for him is simple and even when he knows and is best friends with a sim he still gets his *** kicked in tournaments by sims whose skills are sub-par to his own. Realism if you wanted it to be realistic would be the sim with the highest skill level, the most tournament experience standing the greater chance of winning. That's far from the case here. And if you're going to say that it's more realistic to not know your opponent having an impact on your sim's ability to win? That fact would go both ways if being realistic about it since the other sim wouldn't likely know your sim either. One unfamiliarity would negate the other.

One of his best friends in china I just had him spar with. She has all of three skills. Athletic = 9, Handiness = 2 and Martial Arts = 10.

My sim is Athletics 10, Chess 7, Logic 6, Martial Arts 10. He has completed all special skill challenges in Martial Arts, including the Sim Fu King Challenge. He also has the discipline trait.

He is a vampire. His mood was extremely high, all bars were filled when they sparred. Out of 10 matches, he won 3. Hell, when he challenged her to a ranked tournament he had to fight her four times just to win one match. So the whole being unlikely to lose if you've achieved the Sim Fu King rank is BS. So what is the point of having that challenge in the game when it's this meaningless? The minute you have to fight a sim with a brown/black or black and gold suit, you are unlikely to be able to win your tournament first time so the odds are most certainly not in your favor. Hell, my sim had a much greater win ratio without having obtained the Sim Fu King rank. His ability to win went down after that. So the entire challenge is BS.

I don't have a problem with my sim losing the occasional matches. They can't win all the time but having to re-fight a sim with skills of a less advanced level than your own, and even missing skills that are supposed to go hand in hand with martial arts training such as chess and logic four freaking times just to win one match is ridiculous and totally negates the whole 'your sim will stand a much greater chance of winning matches' that the challenge promises.
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • ChimarkChimark Posts: 2,166 Member
    edited August 2013
    I saw a vid on YouTube where a level 10 SimFu guy was getting his butt kicked by Charles the Evil Chicken (He's store content with the chicken coop). LOL

So much for hard work and dedication when a rooster can beat you up.
  • KnowNukesKnowNukes Posts: 57 New Member
    edited September 2013
    I usually give up before getting even as far as you because the contenders get hung up enroute. Or die of old age. :roll:

My only suggestion, maybe something you've already tried, is having your Sim meditate for a little while before phoning up the challenge (long enough to get the positive meditative moodlet, not so long as to zenport), then meditate again while waiting for the contender to show up. Don't know whether a vampire gets any advantage sparring at night or during any particular moon phase (there are no Seasons in the WA destinations but the lunar cycle progresses.)
  • JeansooJeansoo Posts: 3,606 Member
    edited October 2018
    Recently, I had my 2 sims spar 5 times. One is a female who used to beat up all mummies in tombs. Her traits are disciplined, athletic, brave, hotheaded and party animal. The other one is a male and traits are athletic, brave, genius, adventurous and virtuoso. This man completed sim fu king and grand master title in skill journal. The female one has only grand master title. I had them fight 5 times and the male won all the time. She doesn't like him any more. LOL
    The different thing is that the male guy got trained from his daddy sim who completed all titles in martial arts skill journal. He learned martial arts from having spars with his grand master daddy. He raised up the martial arts skill from 2 to 8 in A Day while sparring with his daddy. I got surprised. So this guy got lost a couple of times in tournament while challenging grand master in China although he didn't have disciplined trait.
  • EA_DavidEA_David Posts: 282 EA Community Manager
    Hey @jeansoo, this thread has gone quiet, with no action for 4 years, so it'll be locked. I don't want to dissuade your posting, so please feel free to create your own thread or a newer thread.

Thanks!
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top