The latest update for The Sims 4 is now live. Click here to read the latest notes.
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Your first/earliest screenshot??

I don't know if there has been a thread like this, but I thought it'd be interesting to see everyone's first/earliest screenshots.

Mine is from November 2013, in a long-since-deleted save game. All I remember is that they were Fairies, and that the first four kids (there were six in total) were called Scarlet, Meredith, Fleur and Claudia. The mom was a redhead (shown in later screenshots) and the dad was blond. The eldest four girls (a singleton followed by a set of triplets) were blonde, and the youngest two (twins) were redheads. They lived in Sunset Valley, originally in "El" Urban Sprawl, then moving to Unabridged (one of the lots on the same road as Gobias Koffi lives). I can't remember what the parents were called, nor the names of the two youngest.
It wasn't the first time I'd played, just the oldest screenshot on my current laptop.

This is Scarlet chatting to a triplet, don't know which one. I think Meredith is the one in red. I remember Scarlet wore white/that cherry pattern, Meredith wore red, Fleur wore green and Claudia wore purple.

PpKic5K.jpg

Comments

• puzzlezaddictpuzzlezaddict Posts: 1,877 Member
    edited October 2018
    Oh, wow. I'm pretty sure my first few (ummm... few dozen?) screenshots were the result of me accidentally hitting the C key when I was trying to do something else. I really didn't bother with them for years, and anyway the three or four game folders that existed on my old computer at different times are long gone by now.

The oldest shot I have on my current computer was one I took just because it amused me. Trevor only had enough money for two rooms, hence the giant blank space where the rest of his house eventually went. But somehow, he still had absolutely no sense of shame:
    W0EXXPL.jpg

(I like to think I'm slightly better at taking screenshots these days.)
  • MikezumiMikezumi Posts: 49,697 Member
    My laptop is only 2 years old. I took a long break from the sims when I moved back to Australia but I have been playing the game since it was released. I brought all my screenshots with me when I moved and I know where they are but I would be hesitant about looking through them as I might find myself spending a whole day reminiscing ;)
  • Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,588 Member
    Hi :)

This is one of the first when I was remaking Sunset Valley into a Mythical island. :)

GossipingNymphs.jpg

Their tree house. :smile:
    Treehouse.jpg

The
  • Lucy_HenleyLucy_Henley Posts: 2,956 Member
    Looks pretty cool @Rflong7 !!

Sometimes I do just look through old screenshots. I never remember that much about them, which is annoying. I'll remember some things like names, and I'll remember playing with them. What's particularly annoying is when I remember some of the names (like with the above) but not with all of them! With some I don't remember any details at all.

It also seems that most of my Sims have been redheads. Guess what colour my hair is? :D:D:D (Mine's more an auburn/copper shade than the orangey tone that Sims have).
  • Deshong04Deshong04 Posts: 4,278 Member
    edited October 2018
    My first screenshot was taken on June 5, 2009.
    Screenshot.jpg

July 14, 2009
    Screenshot-71.jpg

November 22, 2009 (I started trying out cc and then I went on a hiatus from it before trying it out again.)
    Screenshot-157.jpg

April 2, 2010
    Screenshot-273.jpg

July 24, 2010
    Screenshot-878.jpg

March 17, 2011
    Screenshot-636.jpg

December 18, 2011
    Screenshot-589.jpg

March 8, 2012
    Screenshot-158-4.jpg

October 7, 2012
    Screenshot-2468.jpg

March 2, 2013
    Screenshot-4402.jpg

May 11, 2013
    Screenshot-4952.jpg

January 17, 2014
    Screenshot-100.jpg

November 2, 2014
    Screenshot-103.jpg

March 16, 2015
    Screenshot-133.jpg

April 9, 2015
    Screenshot-51.jpg

January 12, 2016
    Screenshot-260.jpg

February 8, 2016
    Screenshot-615.jpg

March 25, 2017
    Screenshot-6.jpg

October 6, 2017
    Screenshot-417.jpg

May 8, 2018
    Screenshot-137.jpg

October 11, 2018
    Screenshot-2006.jpg

I have thousands of screenshots over the years but those are some of the random ones I picked.
    “What doesn't kill you makes you stronger
    Stand a little taller
    Doesn't mean I'm lonely when I'm alone
    What doesn't kill you makes a fighter
    Footsteps even lighter”
  • SimplyJenSimplyJen Posts: 14,828 Member
    I don't think I uploaded my very first set of screenshots. This is the first one I uploaded to Flickr in 2012. When I went from a cruddy eMachine to a slightly less cruddy HP.

Scratching my brain trying to remember this sims name. :D Devon maybe? He was a bit of a sleazeball.
    7518591138_f1a683a650_o.jpg
    Exploring Lucky Palms right after it hit the store.
    7518972736_089c9c4cc7_o.jpg
    7518972826_83242288a2_o.jpg
    i7-13700K • 16GB • RTX 4070
    S3 simblr: http://simplysimming.tumblr.com/
    S4 simblr: http://simlogic.tumblr.com/
  • HillyBethHillyBeth Posts: 3,505 Member
    I don't have any photos from my first time playing, but I remember the sims I'd made:
    Carson and Annabeth Lowell. They had three sons, two daughters, and eventually had 12 grandchildren.(never EVER give two parents Fertility Treatment because the eldest daughter ended up with a set of twins AND a set of triplets!)
    Origin ID
    HillyPlays
    P.A.C.E- Positive Attitude Changes Everything
  • dreamerz13dreamerz13 Posts: 9,927 Member
    edited October 2018
    Thanks to the photobucket fiasco a while ago I lost 5 years worth of photos that it held hostage when I closed my account. I guess it's not all bad... nobody has to see how bad my graphics were in 2009 lol. But I was able to go back to 2014 with this one, surprised I could go that far back even. (though I think I still have a flash drive *somewhere* from like 2012 or something... it turns up randomly and vanishes as fast as it appeared so idk)
    45283763871_3bd835fe1e_o.jpg

I vaguely remember this sim. I don't remember her name lol (I'm lucky if I remember MY name though) but I remember sending her off to university and then ruining her life by having her get pregnant with some 🐸🐸🐸🐸/deadbeat dad. I know I had a blast playing her, but I had major game and/or computer issues and lost the save I think just after she had her baby (might not even have made that far, idk tbh). I was really bummed. Now I'm kinda bummed again lol.
  • Nikkei_SimmerNikkei_Simmer Posts: 9,425 Member
    edited October 2018
    To tell you the truth, I only started playing in January of 2017. :D Yeah, a newcomer to the TS3 fold...as of 2017.

Screenshot.jpg
    This was my first ever screenshot, capturing a house. Boring, huh?

Screenshot-2.jpg
    (above) My first ever screenshot of my sims. Yeah...pretty much that kinda stuff has never stopped in my games. :D
    Screenshot-34.jpg
    see... >:):D:mrgreen:
    GYZ6Ak9.png
    Always "River McIrish" ...and maybe some Bebe Hart. ~innocent expression~
  • cocococo Posts: 2,726 Member
    I didn't take any pictures from 2009-2011 but I sorely wish I did.

This was my first screenshot on 31st March 2012 and it's horrendous! I can't believe I thought he looked good haha :grimace:
    Screenshot.jpg

My second screenshot is a much better shot from within CAS.
    Screenshot-2.jpg
  • afai1261afai1261 Posts: 2,030 Member
    A great screenshot of a dog I can't remember the name of. I do remember the names of his owners though: Dorian Richards and his son Robert
    uR4LdA5.jpg
  • GamingTweetyGamingTweety Posts: 851 Member
    The oldest one that I have now.
    44566213984_7333a59fb8_o.jpg
    Gallery id: GamingTweety

Looking for some custom animations? Check out my youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKrWaxowK2vCzwkz6bEZRbg

Deviantart profile: https://gamingtweety.deviantart.com/
  • bekkasanbekkasan Posts: 10,171 Member

This is the oldest one I have right now. I lost an account somehow with the photo site and had to start over so the earliest ones are gone. :( The copies may be on an external drive but I have not looked.
    I don't remember all their names but this is my legacy family, the Bannister family and they actually have more children later. Nick Bannister is in the red shirt. Founder, his sister, I think she is Lexie is in the white outfit. Her husband, a warlock, is next to her and they have two kids. Nick's wife is a fairy, named Sapphire. They have 6 kids in this picture. Only two of the kids are human, the rest either alien, fairy or plant sim. Nick is a scientist and keeps getting knocked up by aliens. He has 3 more alien kids later in the story.
    16428243621_1b7f095155_b.jpg
  • stargurustarguru Posts: 2,115 Member
    edited October 2018
    This is an interesting idea for a thread, @Lucy_Henley!
    Oh, wow. I'm pretty sure my first few (ummm... few dozen?) screenshots were the result of me accidentally hitting the C key when I was trying to do something else.

^^This is also me! :lol:

And I’m not that great at remembering to take pix while playing, even now. But I still have some old shots from about 2010-2011. It was fun to look through them, even though I had no clue about using the tab key at the time for better angles.

A Sim named Henley

Screenshot-2.jpg

A Chinese park I built in SV

JadeSerenity2.jpg

Building an outdoor dining area

CinnamonBamboo.jpg

Playing the ghosthunter career; no idea who the Sim is

ghosthunter.jpg
  • MikezumiMikezumi Posts: 49,697 Member
    edited October 2018
    As I mentioned in my earlier post, I have only had this laptop for 2 years. I hunted through my various screenshot folders and found the first pic I took after setting up the sims on this laptop. It makes sense that it would be of Eddie, my first favourite sim :)
    45250263882_0cb11a53dd_o.jpg
    Post edited by Mikezumi on
  • Lucy_HenleyLucy_Henley Posts: 2,956 Member
    I have quite a few more screenshots of that family. I have a feeling the surname was Asquith, for some reason I use that surname a LOT with my Sims, although I haven't recently.
    Here are some of them.

This is when the parents were off to the hospital to give birth to the twins.

VdqhBXc.jpg

The triplets about to grow up.

ia1Ga4p.jpg

Jammin' on the deck/patio.

FjyyTax.jpg

Zombie playing the drums.

5BYW0gY.jpg

The twins age up (what were they called dangit??)

KN4LHcE.jpg

• xxnearlyperfectxxxnearlyperfectx Posts: 683 Member
    My computer also needed to be repaired as well, so I lost all of my screenshots including a 100 baby challenge that I nearly completed. I remember that I was on 93 babies. Anyway, these are my screenshots:
    XAG5xrP.jpg
    Demon child sleeping
    I0GBpdq.jpg
    I think I was in a glitches fest :p:p:D
    r0PnhXo.jpg
    A nice slow dancing screenshot
    4Wv5dIG.jpg
  • jillbgjillbg Posts: 4,600 Member
    Cool, but difficult to pick just one screenshot: Will have to find my old harddrive, but I'm afraid I will do as @Mikezumi - get buried in memories...
    NymlADp.jpg
  • cwaddellcwaddell Posts: 4,960 Member

I no longer have my Imac (the first computer I played Sims 3 on) but these are some of the earliest screenshots I could find.

April 2011
    exvr4Ry.jpg
    SEVs5wx.jpg

May 2011 a roman villa I created - Rosa Villa

E2t6f1W.jpg
    DMfcKTe.jpg
    j2HcGgQ.jpg
    CLwYBTy.jpg
    IVbyc33.jpg
    wMaA1N4.jpg
    p1K7qRH.jpg
    JlewL0q.jpg
    Z8TmWrm.jpg
    zkrRDHm.jpg
  • AlexaKryAlexaKry Posts: 2,706 Member
    edited October 2018
    My earliest screenshots were lost, because my computer died. This is the first picture after I´ve bought a new one. It´s from 13th November 2013 (edit: and it´s from a Sim I´m still playing with)
    lWDEKq6.jpg
    Post edited by AlexaKry on
  • EmihahneEmihahne Posts: 40 Member
    I can't figure out how to access my screen shots! But my first was of my Sims becoming a couple. 😊
  • Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,588 Member
    edited October 2018
    Mine are from 2009 when the game first came out. When we couldn't move lots or add/delete lots. Good times... good times.

screenshot_original.jpg