Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Sims 2 'editincas' Cheat

RhiaSimRhiaSim Posts: 37 Member
edited October 2018 in The Sims 2
Hi Simmers,

Ok, I don't know if you will remember but TS2 used to have an editincas cheat that I can no longer locate and google knows nothing about, as it keeps trying to redirect me to mods to do so. I know when I played TS2 that there was a cheat called editincas as I used it on everybody, premade sims, NPCs, everybody! I never used mods in TS2 didn't even know what they were. I know that TS2 isn't any kind of priority anymore, PLEASE BRING BACK TS2 EDITINCAS CHEAT PLEASE! Otherwise it's just not playable for me.
Post edited by RhiaSim on

Comments

• EgonVMEgonVM Posts: 4,927 Member
    Sorry, I couldn't find such a cheat. You may have to try to find a mod that allows that.
  • bellagorillabellagorilla Posts: 6,891 Member
    edited May 2018
    I know I saw fulleditmode.cas or whatever it is cheat listed on the wiki cheat list...
    7dW3gu7.gif
    Most likely caught as scum and best theme-Google Translate, 4th annual Scummies win!
  • JULES1111JULES1111 Posts: 4,489 Member
    I know I saw fulleditmode.cas or whatever it is cheat listed on the wiki cheat list...

This is for 4. :)

RhiaSim wrote: »
    Hi Simmers,

Ok, I don't know if you will remember but TS2 used to have an editincas cheat that I can no longer locate and google knows nothing about, as it keeps trying to redirect me to mods to do so. I know when I played TS2 that there was a cheat called editincas as I used it on everybody, premade sims, NPCs, everybody! I never used mods in TS2 didn't even know what they were. I know that TS2 isn't any kind of priority anymore, then again TS4 PC doesn't feel that way at the moment either, but I digress, PLEASE BRING BACK TS2 EDITINCAS CHEAT PLEASE! Otherwise it's just not playable for me.

I don't believe there was ever a cheat for this. There is no way to get sims back into CAS in 2. The only way to change appearance is through the mirror for basic stuff, or the plastic surgery career reward for more detailed stuff, BUT your sim must have high aspiration for the surgery to be succesful, and this only changes the outer sim. Genetics will NOT be changed. So if you are trying to get rid of a feature, such as a big nose, there is still the chance any children they have will still inherit it.

• bellagorillabellagorilla Posts: 6,891 Member
    JULES1111 wrote: »

I know, that's why I thought it was weird to see it for 2, but I just checked again and I don't know what I saw. :lol:
    7dW3gu7.gif
    Most likely caught as scum and best theme-Google Translate, 4th annual Scummies win!
  • AprilDawnAprilDawn Posts: 795 Member
    Never heard of an editincas cheat for Sims 2. The only CAS cheat I know of in Sim 2 is Shift + N to enable skin tones, clothes, and hairstyles that would normally be used only by NPCs (requires 'boolProp testingCheatsEnabled true' cheat in neighborhood view first).
  • JULES1111JULES1111 Posts: 4,489 Member

I know, that's why I thought it was weird to see it for 2, but I just checked again and I don't know what I saw. :lol:

:D:D
  • Scribal_GoddessScribal_Goddess Posts: 748 Member

Hi Simmers,

Ok, I don't know if you will remember but TS2 used to have an editincas cheat that I can no longer locate and google knows nothing about, as it keeps trying to redirect me to mods to do so. I know when I played TS2 that there was a cheat called editincas as I used it on everybody, premade sims, NPCs, everybody! I never used mods in TS2 didn't even know what they were. I know that TS2 isn't any kind of priority anymore, then again TS4 PC doesn't feel that way at the moment either, but I digress, PLEASE BRING BACK TS2 EDITINCAS CHEAT PLEASE! Otherwise it's just not playable for me.

I don't believe there was ever a cheat for this. There is no way to get sims back into CAS in 2. The only way to change appearance is through the mirror for basic stuff, or the plastic surgery career reward for more detailed stuff, BUT your sim must have high aspiration for the surgery to be succesful, and this only changes the outer sim. Genetics will NOT be changed. So if you are trying to get rid of a feature, such as a big nose, there is still the chance any children they have will still inherit it.

SimPE has Sim Surgery and Alternate Sim Surgery, which will allow you to copy the appearance (and genetics) of another sim to your current one. Alternate Sim Surgery helpfully lets you copy from a sim in the CAS sim bin, not another neighborhood resident. Google them and use at your own risk. (Because I don't have much experience actually using them.)

Patron Goddess of Newbs and Ninnyhammers.
    TS2 Graphics Fix Tutorial]
  • RhiaSimRhiaSim Posts: 37 Member

Hi Simmers,

I 100% know this cheat excited, I know it's not there now, hence my dilemma. This was pre Origin.
    edited October 2018

Yeah the Sims 4 one is cas.fulleditmode, lol.
    Post edited by RhiaSim on
  • SleepycatDSLSleepycatDSL Posts: 271 Member
    That cheat has never existed in TS2.
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member

Yeah the Sims 4 one is cas.fulleditmode, but the Sims 2 was editincas.

Well, how was it written in the cheat box? Because this cheat has never existed in the cheat under Help which contains all the basegame and EP cheats that don't require boolprop. So, was it a regular cheat you could just type in or a boolprop cheat? Honestly, this cheat has never existed to the best of my knowledge.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
    edited October 2018
    Cinebar wrote: »

Yeah the Sims 4 one is cas.fulleditmode, but the Sims 2 was editincas.

Well, how was it written in the cheat box? Because this cheat has never existed in the cheat under Help which contains all the basegame and EP cheats that don't require boolprop. So, was it a regular cheat you could just type in or a boolprop cheat? Honestly, this cheat has never existed to the best of my knowledge.

It is a cheat that requires boolProp, then shift and click on sim and it was in the options.
    edited October 2018
    If anyone needs confirmation here is a post from 2011 of people, like me, that remember the cheat. https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/415534/edit-in-cas-cheat-gone
    edited October 2018
    I swear I'm not going crazy.
  • leefishleefish Posts: 15 Member
    Your link is to a Sims3 discussion board, and the EPs referred to are from Sims3. There is no edit in cas for sims2.
    edited October 2018
    Okay that is true, lol. I know there was a cheat though because it was my favourite thing to do in the Sims 2 University, I remember changing their faces, noses, I remember specifically changing the girls in the sorority. I don't know.
    edited October 2018
    Okay that is true, lol. I know there was a cheat though because it was my favourite thing to do in the Sims 2 University, I remember changing their faces, noses. I don't know??

Are you talking about the Uni object reward (there was a cheat to unlock all the career rewards) that let you perform 'surgery' on them by taking them into CAS/bodyshop to change some sliders etc.? That is the only way to edit our Sims and townies in the game with the plastic surgery object.
    Post edited by Cinebar on
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
    Yeah I just remembered that that's what it was.
    If you have this object on your lot you will need a few more cheats to control a townie on the lot or to invite a townie to the lot so you can control them to use the object so you can change their nose, eyes, etc.
    edited October 2018
    Yeah boolProp teastingcheatsEnabled true, shift, select newspaper, career rewards, show business, shift, select sim, MAKE SELECTABLE, use reward.
    edited October 2018
    No, the cheat to control any Sim on your lot, and or invite any Sim to the lot and then control them to change their facial features. ETA: Sims in TS2 do not have to be in the actual career to use a cheat to unlock all career rewards, all Sims can use the objects and don't have to be employed in the job.