Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How have your bills been since seasons?

1235...Next

Comments

• BK747BK747 Posts: 174 Member
    Increased
    I've seen a major increase. I had one family whose bills were always around 5K. They've been tight on cash and were always struggling to raise that much in a week, but since the thermostat bills have gone up to about 10K a week. Not as crazy of an increase as some of the stories in the thread but almost impossible to manage in this particular family. I think it's going to be a chilly winter for them for the foreseeable future.
  • MartinvMartinv Posts: 254 Member
    Increased
    Increase. This past winter they were near 200K.
  • GenerationSimmerGenerationSimmer Posts: 210 Member
    Increased
    Increased

I'm happy I play for the most of the time in the apartments!
    I have one family in a small family home, the bill with the thermostat on was $6000...
    👋🏻 Hi, my name is Domi / 📍 Brindleton Bay 💛Legacy Player 🔔FOLLOW ON: TWITTER / TUMBLR
  • MissBlackwoodMissBlackwood Posts: 63 Member
    Increased
    Increased

My bills went from about $16,000 a month to $68,000 during the winter. I'm sorry but a thermostat should not be making that big of a difference in my bills...
    giphy.gif

• JennCsimmerJennCsimmer Posts: 81 Member
    Increased
    The new bills are just crazy expensive
  • ElleysimsElleysims Posts: 133 Member
    Increased
    Mine went from 80k to 130k. It was unexpected but I didn't think much of it since I did also buy some seasons furniture.
    Increased
    Oh god, I just got my next bill with the AC on all day and I haven't bought furniture since the 130k. With the AC on its 200k now.
  • hunniboo1hunniboo1 Posts: 1,510 Member
    Increased
    Elleysims wrote: »
    Oh god, I just got my next bill with the AC on all day and I haven't bought furniture since the 130k. With the AC on its 200k now.

what type of house do you have?
    2llotup.jpg
    The Best of Hunni's Builds
    Feel free to follow my builds!!!!!!:)
  • ohmyohmyohmyohmy Posts: 614 Member
    Same
    the same unless i use the AC then it increases.
    Increased
    hunniboo1 wrote: »

what type of house do you have?

A large house on the big Brindleton lot. It's for my black widow challenge but now I don't think the population of rich guys can sustain the house. haha
  • PurpleThistlesPurpleThistles Posts: 618 Member
    When I used the thermostat, my bills increased. However I now make sure my sims change outfits to suit the weather, use a swimming pool on summer to cool them off and a fireplace in winter to warm them up. I still have the thermostat, but just like real life, it only gets turned on when absolutely necessary!
  • SheriGRSheriGR Posts: 795 Member
    edited October 2018

@Elleysims ...I found that apparently the higher bills only somewhat were the cause of my bill over 150k. Apparently it was mainly my inventory. My sims had been doing a lot of painting and gardening, and between the value of the dragonfruits in particular (magnificent) and everything pricy combined that was in the inventories (household and personal) of the household, once I went through and 'cleaned house (inventories), They were millionaires and I figured hey, that makes sense. Where else are they going to spend all of that money... BUT... my bills since have all been reasonable - between $10k and $35k. Plus they own two businesses, a very nice home, and now have all of that cash. I try to not use the AC or heat except in extreme weather for the most part, but that combo was the answer to my crazy-high bill.
    Post edited by SheriGR on
    Sims 4 Gallery
    EA ID: SheriGR
    TWITTER: https://twitter.com/SheriGr
    "What does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy and to walk humbly with your God." ― Micah 6:8
  • AriaMad2AriaMad2 Posts: 1,380 Member
    Increased
    Mine went from $23,000 to $150,000...
    F€€Ł ŦĦ€ ŴΔV€ ØF ŞØỮŇĐ, ΔŞ ƗŦ ĆŘΔŞĦ€Ş ĐØŴŇ

ĴØIŇ UŞ ĆØŇŞUΜ€ ŦĦ€ FŘUIŦ ØF ŦĦ€ ΜØŦĦ€Ř ΔŇĐ KŇØŴ P€ΔĆ€
  • SimpkinSimpkin Posts: 7,425 Member
    Same
    What do people do that their bills go up so much?! Mine are exactly the same. Maybe cause I have two fireplaces in the house too but still...
    Seasons toggle button in build mode poll. Vote now please! :)
  • ernesdoernesdo Posts: 1,476 Member
    Increased
    It's increased a lot and I'm loving it! Been great since my current family has too much money + it'll be an added challenge whenever I start a new save where the family has less money
  • LoreleyLeeLoreleyLee Posts: 1,384 Member
    Increased
    Before money trees and thermostat mine were around §15-18k.
    Now I have two(!) money trees and a thermostat and my last bill was $638k!!!
    :o:o:o
    I have no idea what else I could have done wrong, but this just is way too much.
    My searches through the Sims' house and their inventories gave me no clue, neither did the internet.
    So I just used motherlode to lower it to a somewhat reasonable amount or my Sims would have been broke.
    ♥ Ellen approved ♥
    kibb_LL2_zps9ddc3f77.gif
  • MiddletonPlaysMiddletonPlays Posts: 61 Member
    Increased
    They have increased a lot when using the thermostat! My household's funds went from $40.000 to around $128,000!!
  • ferret9005ferret9005 Posts: 1,361 Member
    Increased
    I put in lots of fireplaces and the sims are warming themselves alot .other wise if I turn on the thermostat the bill goes from 10k to 25k.
  • hunniboo1hunniboo1 Posts: 1,510 Member
    Increased
    LoreleyLee wrote: »
    Before money trees and thermostat mine were around §15-18k.
    Now I have two(!) money trees and a thermostat and my last bill was $638k!!!
    :o:o:o
    I have no idea what else I could have done wrong, but this just is way too much.
    My searches through the Sims' house and their inventories gave me no clue, neither did the internet.
    So I just used motherlode to lower it to a somewhat reasonable amount or my Sims would have been broke.

$638,000 is wayyyyyyy too high omg
    2llotup.jpg
    The Best of Hunni's Builds
    Feel free to follow my builds!!!!!!:)
  • Mine were 250K for the summer. My lot value is only 170K.