Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Is the Sims 2 worth buying?

13...Next

Comments

• Uzone27Uzone27 Posts: 2,808 Member
    Karen wrote: »
    I have been thinking of buying Sims 2 but Im wondering if its still a good game in 2015. I have heard very good things about it though :)

UPDATE: I eventually got the ultimate collection, and WOW it's so good. I would say its better than sims 3!! Especially the Open For Buisness expansion pack. Best game in the series!

Yeah Sims 2 was great. A lot of us were here on the forums when it came out and it's the last time I can remember the entire community being in 99% agreement that it was amazing. (there were a few that complained about lack of stuff to do but that didn't last long)
  • fionaloveserranofionaloveserrano Posts: 584 Member
    The Sims 2 is awesome!!! I didn't play it as a kid (since I was 4 when it came out and it took me 9 months to convince my parents to buy TS3 -a yr after it came out) but I got the ultimate collection over the summer and it might be better than the other 2. It's so fun and realistic. It is more of a life simulator than all of the other games because of all the little things that make it more real (it would take forever to say every single one lol)
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    Karen wrote: »
    I have been thinking of buying Sims 2 but Im wondering if its still a good game in 2015. I have heard very good things about it though :)

UPDATE: I eventually got the ultimate collection, and WOW it's so good. I would say its better than sims 3!! Especially the Open For Buisness expansion pack. Best game in the series!

Amen. :)
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Jo34Jo34 Posts: 1 New Member
    I found my old Sims 2 base game recently that I bought years and years ago and thought oooo I forgot I had this and I neeeed to download!! With my Laptop not having a disk drive I contacted Origin to see if they could send me a digital version since I had bought it from new and never registered it with them.....they sent it me with the full ultimate collection. I didn't realise until I opened it but I was extremely happy!! I don't know where to start with it as there is so much to do!!! Any advice? I have stated with University at the moment. What are your favorite things to do??
  • Rukola_SchaafRukola_Schaaf Posts: 3,065 Member
    edited September 2017
    @Jo34

* play rotationally
    * play some businesses, a flower shop is great but you can literally sell everything in TS2 & don't even need a business lot for that, your sim can start a business right from home - get yourself also this mod : Cash Register Trainer by Numenor <<< - it makes running a business even better
    * go with sims on vacation, all 3 locations are great - camping is best in the mountains, Twiikki Island is best in a rented apartment house on the beach, don't miss to learn teleporting in Japan !
    * build an own apartment house & play with several families living there - one of the most fun things in TS2 to do
    * have a male sim training the logic skill with the telescope - he will be abducted & will get pregnant with an alien baby - abductions in TS2 are the best of all the sims games imo :grimace:
    * & let your sims dance often Smustle in groups - i always enjoyed that very much, it's too funny :lol:
    * play a plantsim family - very different from a normal sim family !
    * after you have some more experience with this game & seek a stronger challenge, play a zombie family :trollface:

if you need more wider & deeper info start here - The Sims 2 Wiki <<<

i won't be participating in the forums & the gallery anymore - thanks EA
  • jmattgamingjmattgaming Posts: 18 Member
    I mostly play TS4 nowadays but I do miss the randomness that came with TS2 and for that very reason do like to load it up from time to time. I love how they implemented ghosts in that game and all the features that came along with the various expansions. I think it still holds up pretty well today although of course there are things that naturally have been done better in more recent instalments. Well worth getting the ultimate collection if you've never played before, it's a great deal :)
  • OceanicSimmerOceanicSimmer Posts: 88 Member
    I got TS2UC for free a few months ago, it's so fun and immersive. It takes a bit of getting used to compared to TS4, graphics and speed wise, but I love it.
  • Dawn767Dawn767 Posts: 38 Member
    I recently got the Sims 2 complete collection and I like it better than TS4! I played TS3 the most with the most love, but TS2 is awesome. Now I wonder why I spent money on TS4???
  • Katie123Katie123 Posts: 925 Member
    > @Olivesplum06 said:
    > YES! Actually, if you go on the EA website, and go into the live chat, they will sometimes give you the entire collection for free. which happened in my case

wow that's lucky!
    tumblr_n25chlaSo01rrajoto1_500.gif

Katie123
  • ranadanranadan Posts: 1 New Member
    lease add some graphic settings so we can decide for ourselves. On my Samsung Galaxy s8 it looks low res and pixelated like aa is set to the lowest setting. The phone can handle AA at 30 fps easily so why limit me and other flagship phone users? Other than that I LOVE this game but please please please add a graphic slider and possibly a resolution slider to increase the internal rendering res to better fit the s8 1440p screenhtt
  • pisceschick75pisceschick75 Posts: 540 Member
    I honestly like it much better than TS4...I actually have stopped buying for TS4...for now. There was way too much for TS2 and TS3 that I had already invested. I am currently on a break from TS3 and am only playing TS2. I only wish I had my items from the store. I had bought LOTS of stuff from the store for my game. That stuff is on a computer that I lost in a house fire... :'(
    Is there a support group for Simming Addiction? I think I need it... :p
  • dorcsyfuldorcsyful Posts: 851 Member
    ranadan wrote: »
    lease add some graphic settings so we can decide for ourselves. On my Samsung Galaxy s8 it looks low res and pixelated like aa is set to the lowest setting. The phone can handle AA at 30 fps easily so why limit me and other flagship phone users? Other than that I LOVE this game but please please please add a graphic slider and possibly a resolution slider to increase the internal rendering res to better fit the s8 1440p screenhtt

No offence, but that comment makes zero sense in this topic.
  • AnthonydyerAnthonydyer Posts: 1,197 Member
    I love TS2. It is not a dead game yet. I think if this game were offered for sale, people would buy it. I've wanted to try TS1, but origin does not sell it and I'm not into dicey downloads from unknown sources.
  • AmySims09AmySims09 Posts: 1,227 Member
    Sims 4 is the best.
  • JULES1111JULES1111 Posts: 4,489 Member
    I honestly like it much better than TS4...I actually have stopped buying for TS4...for now. There was way too much for TS2 and TS3 that I had already invested. I am currently on a break from TS3 and am only playing TS2. I only wish I had my items from the store. I had bought LOTS of stuff from the store for my game. That stuff is on a computer that I lost in a house fire... :'(

I will say the store items are still out there, we can't link to it though....google can be your friend
  • CrmelsimloverCrmelsimlover Posts: 65 Member
    I actually love Sims 2. I haven't played for a while because there is something that's making it crash (I'm thinking it's custom content that either broke or shouldn't be there), but I haven't had the time to investigate it further.

Although I cannot play Sims game unless it's heavily modded. If things are done right, it adds to the enjoyment of the game.
    lKb34rE.png
    A calm sea never made a skillful mariner.

• WarGreymon77WarGreymon77 Posts: 127 Member
    The Sims 2 is the best Sims game ever made. Sure you might need a mod or two to smooth things out (I use one to prevent my Sims from jumping out of bed every time it rains), but it's a fun game.
  • YamizanYamizan Posts: 7 New Member
    In my opinion Sims 2 is the best choice after Sims 4. :)
  • PuppyPuppy Posts: 13 New Member
    I play Sims 2 and Sims 4 back and forth! I can't give up one or the other to be quite honest.
  • EricasFreePlayEricasFreePlay Posts: 849 Member
    edited October 2018
    I'm playing TS2 Ultimate Collection right now. 14 years and 7 laptops later and I STILL love this game.
    Post edited by EricasFreePlay on