Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sandraelle's D.N.A. Team Contact Thread

Comments

• SandraelleSandraelle Posts: 6,146 Member
    @becks1112 , I have a few pics with questions here.
  • becks1112becks1112 Posts: 919 Member
    Sandraelle wrote: »
    QUESTIONS REGARDING CURRENT REQUEST

****Bookmarking this thread while I am creating for you should help insure that you receive notifications.****

Questions for @becks1112

10/9/18
    Uhhmmm, it really bugs me that I can't get the trim edges on that particular siding that I used, to be totally white (even though it's white in CASt), therefore it's not matching my door and window trims, argh! So I used a different one that resembles wood more. Which one do you prefer, the one on the upper level, or the ground level? (Sorry, I can get very picky sometimes, lol). I also changed the garage look.

WoJYmr2.jpg

I made some minor tweaks to the exterior. Version 1 or Version 2?

I wasn't happy with garage and front door colors and the dark brickwork on V1, so I lightened the bricks and changed door and garage colors. Or would you like something else? LOL

Do you like the stone on the garage bump out? Not sure I do yet, just wanted to try it. Oh, and you probably can't see it very well, but I made the wood on the porch a whitish/very light grayish color.

bZln1DD.jpg

10/8/18

Since we've already been talking, I will post any further questions here as they come up.

-I honestly can't really tell the difference between the trim on the upper and ground levels. So whichever you prefer is fine. I really like the new garages though.

-I like Version 2 better.
    becks1112 wrote: »
    QUESTIONS REGARDING CURRENT REQUEST

****Bookmarking this thread while I am creating for you should help insure that you receive notifications.****

Questions for @becks1112

10/9/18
    Uhhmmm, it really bugs me that I can't get the trim edges on that particular siding that I used, to be totally white (even though it's white in CASt), therefore it's not matching my door and window trims, argh! So I used a different one that resembles wood more. Which one do you prefer, the one on the upper level, or the ground level? (Sorry, I can get very picky sometimes, lol). I also changed the garage look.

WoJYmr2.jpg

I made some minor tweaks to the exterior. Version 1 or Version 2?

I wasn't happy with garage and front door colors and the dark brickwork on V1, so I lightened the bricks and changed door and garage colors. Or would you like something else? LOL

Do you like the stone on the garage bump out? Not sure I do yet, just wanted to try it. Oh, and you probably can't see it very well, but I made the wood on the porch a whitish/very light grayish color.

bZln1DD.jpg

10/8/18

Since we've already been talking, I will post any further questions here as they come up.

-I honestly can't really tell the difference between the trim on the upper and ground levels. So whichever you prefer is fine. I really like the new garages though.

-I like Version 2 better.

@becks1112 , lol....Ok. The trim on the lower level of the first picture is not a white white, it's more a creamy white, so I guess I'll mull it over and then decide which one to go with. Glad you like V2. And thanks for responding so quickly. :)
    edited October 2018
    @becks1112 , have a quick question here.

I like the all white counters. I like the white tile backsplash too, but the walls in other areas of the kitchen don't need to be white.

I like the all white counters. I like the white tile backsplash too, but the walls in other areas of the kitchen don't need to be white.

The counters are actually the white marble look, so is that ok or did you want something all white?

The counters are actually the white marble look, so is that ok or did you want something all white?

The white marble is fine.
    @becks1112 , I have another sneak peek picture for you here.

Love it!

Love it!

Awesome! Just wanted to be sure I was on the right track with decor style and colors. Thanks!

Love it!

Awesome! Just wanted to be sure I was on the right track with decor style and colors. Thanks!

Totally, it's just what I had in mind. Can't wait to move my legacy family in!

Love it!

Yay!! :) Are the kidlets into anything specific, like is the boy into sports, cars, animals, etc? And the little girl and teen girl...I know you said girly, but just wanted an idea of where to go with their room decor, or just regular kids' rooms? LOL

Love it!

Yay!! :) Are the kidlets into anything specific, like is the boy into sports, cars, animals, etc? And the little girl and teen girl...I know you said girly, but just wanted an idea of where to go with their room decor, or just regular kids' rooms? LOL

Nothing specific. I like the kind of kids' rooms that you did in your "Bellerive Estate" house. That same kind of thing would be great. I guess since I didn't ask for a teen boy's room, it would be good if the boy's room were more age-neutral so I don't have to redecorate it when the boys age up. (I tend to cheat to get girls most of the time, so I'm more into the girls' rooms).

Love it!

Nothing specific. I like the kind of kids' rooms that you did in your "Bellerive Estate" house. That same kind of thing would be great. I guess since I didn't ask for a teen boy's room, it would be good if the boy's room were more age-neutral so I don't have to redecorate it when the boys age up. (I tend to cheat to get girls most of the time, so I'm more into the girls' rooms).

Ok thanks, that helps. I'll take a look at the Bellerive rooms again to see what I did and will make the boy's room not so "little-boy". :)
    @becks1112 , another pic for you to look at.

Love it. I had an Audrey Hepburn poster just like that in college.

Love it. I had an Audrey Hepburn poster just like that in college.

Ok, whew! I'm never quite sure that people will like what I do, so I'm so relieved that you are liking the decor so far. I love the black and white for teen girls. I seriously think that EA did not equip us with enough pictures to decorate with, so sometimes it's hard to find stuff that goes with the other decor, but how funny that you had Audrey Hepburn in your room, lol.
    @becks1112 , have some more questions for you here.

The items you put there are fine. I’m not really worried about those kind of activity items because I can easily add those myself.

Is there a bar elsewhere in the house? The dining room or outside? If so, no need in the basement.

I would like gym equipment down there.

Games are fine, I don’t really care which ones.

No need for a tv. I’d rather not have them wander down there for tv.

Thanks!

edited October 2018

The items you put there are fine. I’m not really worried about those kind of activity items because I can easily add those myself.

Is there a bar elsewhere in the house? The dining room or outside? If so, no need in the basement.

I would like gym equipment down there.

Games are fine, I don’t really care which ones.

No need for a tv. I’d rather not have them wander down there for tv.

Thanks!

@becks1112 , Ok, I think I'll just put about 3 of those things in but will leave some room for things you may want to add.

Yes, there is a bar outside on the back porch near the bbq area, so I guess I'll leave that out, and I'll skip the tv then. Thank you.

Post edited by Sandraelle on
    edited October 2018
    @becks1112 , Just an update . . . I'm getting close to the end. Here's a few sneak peek pics for you in the meantime (sorry for the small size, trying not to show too many details until I'm done, lol).
    osWE0z1m.jpg
    @becks1112 , Just an update . . . I'm getting close to the end. Here's a few sneak peek pics for you in the meantime (sorry for the small size, trying not to show too many details until I'm done, lol).
    osWE0z1m.jpg

Can't wait to see it!
    edited November 2018
    @becks1112, it's finally ready. Your legacy home is called Beckinsale Place. :)

The download link and picture link can be found on our DNA thread here: https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/16809498/#Comment_16809498

I hope you like it . . . hope it doesn't have too much blue in it, lol.
  • Emily4331Emily4331 Posts: 10,850 Member
    @Sandraelle Surprise me! :smile:
    Emily4331 wrote: »
    @Sandraelle Surprise me! :smile:

Ok then! Surprise it is. Thanks for your quick response. :)