Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

what do you do with family "spares?"

2...Next

Comments

• SmellincoffeeSmellincoffee Posts: 963 Member
    Depending on the household, I might keep them around to be a financial assist/nurse/cook/mechanic inside the home, or I'll kick them out into a satellite. In my legacy household, mates to the heir were often descendants of previous spares. Admittedly it was a little easier for me because I started with 3 sims who would constitute 4 couples between themselves and townies.
  • sunblondsunblond Posts: 1,035 Member
    I use lots like the cacti casa in oasis springs ( where zoe Patel lives at game start) or the 3 bedroom apartment in San Myshuno as bachelor/bachelorett pad. As my played and or townie sims age up I move them into one of those, I find I enjoy playing a household of young adults starting careers and finding romance.
    Origin ID is: sobenewbie
  • AriaMad2AriaMad2 Posts: 1,380 Member
    I move them out and let them do whatever they want.
    F€€Ł ŦĦ€ ŴΔV€ ØF ŞØỮŇĐ, ΔŞ ƗŦ ĆŘΔŞĦ€Ş ĐØŴŇ

ĴØIŇ UŞ ĆØŇŞUΜ€ ŦĦ€ FŘUIŦ ØF ŦĦ€ ΜØŦĦ€Ř ΔŇĐ KŇØŴ P€ΔĆ€
  • Pinky7797Pinky7797 Posts: 83 Member
    You could move and leave the sims you dont want behind. I know that seems cruel, but its one way. OR you can have the sims you dont want to move out. I typically dont have spare sims, but i usually just leave them do what ever.
  • keenowkeenow Posts: 549 Member
    I don't have MCC, so I do this:

I stagger the ages of my sims; so they date and mess around when they are Young adults and have children when they are Adults. This usually means the parents pass away sometime when the oldest is a teen or just turning into a Young adult. I keep all the siblings living together (and dating with careers) until my heir is ready to settle down. Then I marry off all the kids, even the "spares". I marry the "spares" off first just in case there's not enough space in the house for all their spouses and move each new couple out into their own home.

Around the time my heir is ready to have children, I pop into each of the sibling's houses first and make them Try for a Baby with their spouse, so that my next generation can have some cousins. But I only conceive, leaving shortly after to allow the game to take care of naming and traiting. Then, I return to my main family and start having kids. (Well, I usually do the siblings first, but sometimes I pop in and add a second addition on the way to the siblings if I get fed up dealing with my main's crying bassinet baby xD)

After that, I let the game name, age, trait, dress, and the cousins.

I play on Long Lifespan, so that's probably how I have the time to do all of this. Also, I tend to have no more than three children. Always between 1-3.
  • x4m1r4x4m1r4 Posts: 3,901 Member
    I play with them in a rotation. I want them to grow old together with their other siblings... and I want to see... how big the family can be.. Will they populate the whole neighbourhood or the Sim's nation?
    OID:- x4m1r4
  • memequeenpart2memequeenpart2 Posts: 466 Member
    edited October 2018
    i just kick em out and hope they find someone appealing (i have mcc)
  • WolfiumWolfium Posts: 2,672 Member
    In one save I have immortal generations. Each of them has defined number of kids, so kids born after have to be unplayed once they're adults. In other saves I play the ones I find fun.
  • dreamprisonerdreamprisoner Posts: 1,221 Member
    I play rotationally, so eventually I get 'round to all the children.

But when I'm unimpressed by a child, because they don't show much personality & I'm not invested, I usually end up deleting them. The most children I have is 4.

• SimpkinSimpkin Posts: 7,425 Member
    I move out all kids that aren't the heir/heiress. Most of the times I move them out when they're just a baby.
    I like goal oriented gameplay and spares have no goal.
    Seasons toggle button in build mode poll. Vote now please! :)
  • BluelleBluelle Posts: 327 Member
    I always let my sims have multiple kids, almost always too many. Then, if I don't want some of them I just "put them up for adoption" by moving them out to another household. When the kids are all grown up I just chose the one I wanna keep playing and leave the others behind at their parents' house, lol.
  • Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    It is really so cool seeing how everyone handles their families. I am enjoying reading everyones playstyle for sure.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• DominicLaurenceDominicLaurence Posts: 3,398 Member
    I kill them.

Just kidding. I'm a rotational player, everyone has a story to tell. But some have minor roles in them.
    ID: StGerris
    Legacy Photomode
  • duhboy2u2duhboy2u2 Posts: 3,290 Member
    edited October 2018
    For me it depends on the family and the spares. Sometimes they stick around and help with skill points (legacy style) sometimes I get them relationships and the beginnings of families then move the new little families into their own homes. I try to give them a good start, but in the end they usually just run around the world unless I am feeling particularly mean and 'cull' them so that future generations aren't marrying distant family members.

I'll admit that I've killed off a few of them for tombstones for the family graveyards too. Though, I typically send the spirits off into the netherworld so that the tombstones are just empty decoration with names on them.
    Loving yourself is the most simple and complicated thing you can do for you.
  • aaronjc123aaronjc123 Posts: 1,117 Member
    edited October 2018
    Even with sims that I'm not overly attached to, I make sure that they have a life set up - I don't let MCCC marry them off to completely random sims, especially considering how ridiculous most townies look. I will get them a partner, maybe give them kids, and then move them off into a house and let them live the rest of their sim days doing whatever. I like having extended families in the sims.
  • Winifred_WillowWinifred_Willow Posts: 423 Member
    I am a rotational player with multiple versions of saves. Before I started using mods, I would either keep the children I wanted in the house and moved out the spares -or- leave the spares with the parents and move the ones I wanted out and played their households, ignoring the parents and spares.
    Now that I use MCCC (I honestly can't imagine playing without it now), I decide if I want the children I want to play to stay and take over the parents home and kick the spares out or move the children I want to play out and play them. I mark the households of the spares as unplayed and let MCCC take over and it has not disappointed me yet on it's pairings.