Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Do you think Stuff Packs Are Still A Thing?

With the shifting of people from team to team, possible re-introduction of two expansion packs per year and the deficiency of stuff packs the past couple of quarters, do you believe Stuff Packs will continue to exist?

Answer "Yes", even if you believe they still exist but will come at a much slower rate than before.
Random-gifs-random-18723411-368-312.gif

WHAT DID YOU JUST SAY?

Do you think Stuff Packs Are Still A Thing? 259 votes

Yes
79%
Akl500Pauroraael14Frn0731icmnfrshSnosrap522IcewolfJaseErja888aprilroseAtomicSimmerjeLlyBeAn1573storyylornalexloveBlkBarbiegalaelias24youilivefor92HowGreatThouArtMrsTomato1018PlayerSinger2010Stormkeep 206 votes
No
20%
CK213HejixIceyJWritin_RegAlrynnIsb917AnmirlaMariefoxprice83simgirl1010Paigeisin5DJQ1308Bagoas77g01denswanalejandro15039taydevMezinkajcp011c2jude72plaMatheryn1156fullspiral 53 votes

Comments

• luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,617 Member
    Yes
    They sure do seem to be on hiatus but I really find it hard to believe they're forever gone, so I said "yes".
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Evie0602Evie0602 Posts: 634 Member
    Yes
    I hope so. I love stuff packs.
  • pinneduphairpinneduphair Posts: 918 Member
    Yes
    I would think that if Stuff Packs were decidedly done for good, they'd have said something by now. It's either still undecided, or they're coming at a slower rate.
  • paradiseplanetparadiseplanet Posts: 4,421 Member
    Yes
    Maybe they're still developing new themes that they know will sell well and not something that people would think as a cheap ripoff?
    Origin ID: paradiseplanet27
    tumblr_ojq4r339Ni1usy5rpo1_100.png
  • DominicLaurenceDominicLaurence Posts: 3,398 Member
    Yes
    Not that I miss them dearly, because it's simultaneously the type with less content and only that rarely gets on sales.
    ID: StGerris
    Legacy Photomode
  • PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member
    Yes
    I hope not, because I find them to be a money grab, but they probably are.
  • MaggieMarleyMaggieMarley Posts: 5,299 Member
    Yes
    Yes. I don’t really mind either way. Personally I don’t buy them (actually that’s not true I do have three), but I know lots of people do.

Maybe after Get Famous comes out there will be a “My First Oscar” stuff pack or something :D
  • Azreal_RouAzreal_Rou Posts: 22 Member
    Yes
    I don't see why not they're simple to do compared to other kinds of add-ons and prolly make them quite a bit of money I really wouldn't see where it would help not to make them. honestly, you could have a small team of one or two staff members working on them and still churn them out at a decent pace. I know a lot of CC makers who can get enough stuff done to make there own in a month or two.
  • LustianiciaLustianicia Posts: 2,489 Member
    Yes
    They probably had plans to release a stuff pack for every expansion pack we have so far, but now have to completely change their plans after the huge backlash from "My First Pet". This honestly wouldn't surprise me... I still don't even know what made them think they would actually get away with releasing DLC for another DLC without facing even some kind of backlash.

EA and Maxis really need to stop taking advantage of their fan base. They really need to stop assuming we're going to buy DLC just because it's there. 'My First Pet' was (and still is) the ONLY pack in the entire franchise that I 100% refuse to buy! Hopefully it'll be the ONLY one I refuse to get. I truly hope they learned a lesson after that backlash... but who knows?
    Favorite Packs
    Sims 1: Hot Date
    Sims 2: Seasons
    Sims 2: Happy Holiday Stuff
    Sims 3: Seasons
    Sims 3: 70's, 80's, & 90's Stuff
    Sims 4: Seasons
    Sims 4: Paranormal Stuff
    Sims 4: Strangerville Game Pack

78MB6Gb.jpg
  • SimsFinest1SimsFinest1 Posts: 326 Member
    Yes
    They have slowed down, but they will make a come back. Im sure some stuff packs will come out related to the new EPs.
  • poltergeistpoltergeist Posts: 1,411 Member
    Yes
    just answering yes because i hope so, but at this point i have no idea what's even going on anymore.
    origin id: kuhpflanzen ∘ tumblr
    tumblr_inline_p3itdx0yaH1v2uzv2_1280.gif

• NorthDakotaGamerNorthDakotaGamer Posts: 2,559 Member
    Yes
    I really don't think more are needed, but I just assume they are still the easy quick cash grabs.
  • FelicityFelicity Posts: 4,979 Member
    I have been away from Sims 4 since the whole MFP stuff pack debacle. No, I didn't buy it and I won't unless it is over half off at some point. But I think the Sims team has changed their vision. For instance, there's no longer "new content each month!" which, IMO, is a good thing. Monthly patches burn out modders and really should be unnecessary unless there are emergency bugs.

What this means for stuff packs I don't know. That they released more EPs than either GPs or SPs this year makes me think that EPs are the most cost efficient for them and we'll probably end up seeing more of them. It also wouldn't surprise me if the backlash from MFP is the reason we didn't get a SP for Seasons.

Ah well -- I was hoping for more supernatural game packs and now I'm thinking those won't happen. Prove me wrong, EA :smiley:
  • dreamprisonerdreamprisoner Posts: 1,221 Member
    Yes
    Yes, but I'd happily see them gone.
  • CK213CK213 Posts: 20,525 Member
    No
    I believe they might eventually have an issue with retailers with so many packs over a seven or eight year period.
    Too much product for the retailers and customers to be bothered with.

I would rather see what they seem to be doing now, Stuff Patches for better customer relations and hopefully an extra game pack or expansion pack per year.
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • TS1299TS1299 Posts: 1,604 Member
    Yes
    Yep I still think they are still a thing and I expect them to dominate the next year for a huge revenge :p

On a serious side, yep but I think they are more of one to two stuff packs per year.
  • EricasFreePlayEricasFreePlay Posts: 849 Member
    Yes
    Yes. I hope so because they (and GPs) hopefully will give me something to look forward to until the EP I REALLY WANT is released.
  • AtomicSimmerAtomicSimmer Posts: 1,133 Member
    Yes
    I said yes. as long as EA wants money and the sims 4 remains popular there will always be stuff packs, game packs and expansions till they decide to kill this game.
    ATOMICSIMMER
    Sims Fanboy
    Play with Life
  • GarethlexGarethlex Posts: 159 Member
    What an odd thread ... of course they will
  • katrinasforestkatrinasforest Posts: 1,002 Member
    I think they will, and I'm happy about it.

I treat stuff packs as self-reward incentives for getting a major project done. Now whether I'll be quite as motivated when I've gotten the packs I really want and I'm left with Laundry Day, that's another matter.

(I know lots of people like Laundry Day--it just happens to the bottom of my own personal list.)
    Watch me mash together Sims and Pokémon to tell a story about battling glitches in Penny Saves Paldea. Updated every other Thursday.
  • ScribScrib Posts: 37 Member
    Yes
    I don't think they'll stop making Stuff Packs altogether, they might be taking a hiatus or making a Stuff Pack(s) with more content than previous ones.
    KbhKf88.png
  • Frn0731Frn0731 Posts: 7,180 Member
    Yes
    stuff packs are a money maker , so why not ?
    Laugh out loud. Often
  • MidnightAuraMidnightAura Posts: 5,809 Member
    Yes
    I think they will. Personally don’t care for them but I would be surprised if they give them up.
  • BabySquareBabySquare Posts: 7,869 Member
    Time will tell I suppose, though if they'd officially done away with them I expect they would have said something.
    Gallery ID: babysquare
  • MidnightAuraMidnightAura Posts: 5,809 Member
    Yes
    Perhaps they haven’t said anything because they know it would disappoint people.

More than likely I imagine it falls under future content and this can’t be talked about.