Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Renovacy Challenge - a new (and short!) challenge.

Comments

• Options
    Sonshine77Sonshine77 Posts: 197 Member
    I have a question for anybody who can answer. Would the teen (Viriato) be allowed to get a part time job or would the gardening plus school be his job?
  • Options
    cianeciane Posts: 16,996 Member
    Teens are allowed part time jobs.
  • Options
    SamelaRitaSamelaRita Posts: 1,007 Member
    Sonshine77 wrote: »
    @Mmdrgntobldrgn

I got a bit bored w/that Midnight Sun challenge so I decided to take up yours. Just started last night. Sold all of the brush and dead trees, some of the decos and the horse stall. That gave me enough money to expand the bathroom to make room to put the tub in there and to create a bedroom for the kids and to recolor some of the things and to buy some oil lamps. I will also be buying a table and chair and a "typewriter." Haven't made a nursery yet. I didn't look at their skills yet, but whoever does not have the gardening skill will probably get put on writing and the other one writing when the garden is caught up. I got curious though and was wondering who the father of the unborn baby is?

I never found out who the father was - so I had Regina not being sure either. Looking forward to seeing how your version of it turns out! I love how everyone does it differently, and tells a different story each time.
  • Options
    I'm pretty sure it was a born-in game sim from @Mmdrgntobldrgn's game.
  • Options
    Ah OK. Right now, I have Viriato on homeschooling, but even w/that he has a F grade right now b/c he's just too busy helping w/the babies/toddlers and farming to do any homework, lol. Once the younguns grow up into kids, he'll have a little more time. I bought the baby swing so they could pay attention to the toddlers and pretty much ignore the babies, lol. So far, I have an added living room and a nursery. Eventually, I'll make a room for the bathroom. The other two were more of a priority to make more living space. I have Regina pretty much writing sports books right now to earn some fast money. I named the new twins Emil and Aaliyah. I also changed my mind on the horse stall and decided not to sell it. Eventually, I'll get a horse and maybe have it bred. We'll see. As for family funds, I don't know what to do. Using the family funds "cheat" to reduce funds for recolors just is not working. I don't know if the game doesn't recognize the apostrophe or what, but it just won't work.
  • Options
    Ah OK. Right now, I have Viriato on homeschooling, but even w/that he has a F grade right now b/c he's just too busy helping w/the babies/toddlers and farming to do any homework, lol. Once the younguns grow up into kids, he'll have a little more time. I bought the baby swing so they could pay attention to the toddlers and pretty much ignore the babies, lol. So far, I have an added living room and a nursery. Eventually, I'll make a room for the bathroom. The other two were more of a priority to make more living space. I have Regina pretty much writing sports books right now to earn some fast money. I named the new twins Emil and Aaliyah. I also changed my mind on the horse stall and decided not to sell it. Eventually, I'll get a horse and maybe have it bred. We'll see. As for family funds, I don't know what to do. Using the family funds "cheat" to reduce funds for recolors just is not working. I don't know if the game doesn't recognize the apostrophe or what, but it just won't work.

I get round that by getting a sim with the good trait to donate on the mailbox.
  • Options

Did you type in testingcheatsenabled true first? And you don't need the apostrophe.
  • Options
    Yes, but it didn't work. I just tried now w/o the apostrophe, but it still never worked. : / I just won't be doing anymore recolors now.
  • Options
    edited October 2018
    @sonshine - You can always buy something for the same cost and keep it in your family inventory!

familyfunds jones 50000 should leave your family with 50000 but maybe you have a doppleganger and another family with the same name is having their funds changed. Sometimes, if you have the family in the bin from placement, the game will place that family or sim with the same name in your game. It has happened to me. Look around in edit town mode and see if you find another family with the same last name.
  • Options
    I removed all mods except the nraas ones and it still did not work. I'm thinking that it might be b/c of the name. I'm thinking that the game software doesn't recognize the hyphenated or more than one name. Either that or my game is borked. Either that, or it's being blocked by a copy of the family still being in the bin. I'll try removing the copy from the bin and see if it works. Otherwise, try the hutchins 'n mojica family and see if it works for you. I've never had it not work before.
  • Options
    MmdrgntobldrgnMmdrgntobldrgn Posts: 6,680 Member
    edited October 2018
    ciane wrote: »

Did you type in testingcheatsenabled true first? And you don't need the apostrophe.

Hi, sorry been off playing civ4 and the Loser challenge.

For family funds cheat to work you might have to edit the lot name in town mode so it's just Mojica or just Hutchins. At least that's what I had to do, I've discovered that if there's a space in the name the lot/family name I have trouble getting the money cheat to work.

Other than that it sound's like you're making good progress. I've found that kids going to school can sometimes improve their mood, as it gives them a break from home.

As to parentage of Regina's pregnancy, yes a random townie from Riverview was selected while using Grim's door of life and death.

Ps, I've only recently discovereed this glitch in regards to the money cheat. @SamelaRita can we add a note on the main post about that so no one else runs into problems.
    Peace, GranMama Dragon
    Exploring life through imagination & satire since 1969.
    Save Game Often
    repair & clear caches Often
    S3 Studio
    S3 blog Story, lists of empty lots by world
    Behrooz
    S2/3/4 Randomnes
  • Options
    edited October 2018
    Thanks GranMama Dragon!

Update: Viriato is now a YA and concentrating on the gardening. I was able to get him up to a C though. I also have a horse now and Uiara is now homeschooled so she can spend more time w/the horse. I hope to earn some money at the races and also by breeding her and selling the foals.
  • Options
    ADWilsonADWilson Posts: 6,755 Member
    Out of curiosity, does anyone know how much space is needed for a sim to exercise?
    Luke's nephew, David, is in a 3x3 area and has routing issues.
    YwNaalx.jpg

Hello, by-the-way :smiley:
  • Options
    That should be enough, but try making it 4x4 and see if it still continues.
  • Options
    MmdrgntobldrgnMmdrgntobldrgn Posts: 6,680 Member
    Alternatively try moving the couch forward with a coffee table so he will route to behind the couch.

I usually use the radio for exercise because of how finicky they can get over routing.
    Peace, GranMama Dragon
    Exploring life through imagination & satire since 1969.
    Save Game Often
    repair & clear caches Often
    S3 Studio
    S3 blog Story, lists of empty lots by world
    Behrooz
    S2/3/4 Randomnes
  • Options
    edited October 2018
    I also use the cheap radio. I just tried it in a 3x3 area w/the radio and no problems at all. I just tried it w/the same tv that you used and both strength and cardio and no problems. In fact, for the cardio, she moved a bit closer, within 1 tile of the tv. Immediately where the left side of the pic is cut off is where the couch is. Here is a pic of it:
    45297720061_d65c2f01d3_m.jpgCardo in Small Space
  • Options
    edited October 2018
    @ADWilson -

Amazingly, I think it is the rug causing problems. I sometimes have routing issues with a rug. Note, in the pic that worked, there is no rug. My sims like three spaces in front of a t.v.
  • Options
    Just a small update for me: Virato is continuing his garden and is following the opportunities for the omni plant. He's working on the 2nd step for it now. Uiara is racing Amber. So far, she comes in 2nd place in the advanced comps and first if beginner. Also working on her jumping and will breed her pretty soon. All the others are working on painting and Regina is still writing sports books. She currently gets $31k per week in royalties. The family currently has a bit over $61k. I decided not to do the fixer upper car or anything else like that this time. Just books and painting and racing. Emil and Aaliya, Regina's twins are 14 days to YA. I'm currently working on the 2nd story of the house. It's not a very pretty house this time b/c I'm really not that good at building.
  • Options
    Thanks @Mmdrgntobldrgn @Sonshine77 and @ciane :smiley:
    I'll try moving the furniture and removing the rug to see if either is the cause for this particular routing issue. However ... I really like the look of the space and might just get a stereo and place it in another location.
  • Options
    It's not a very pretty house this time b/c I'm really not that good at building.

I'm sure your house is pretty! And, Sims really don't care. They just add up + environment items!

• Options
    Hello.
    It’s been a while since Luke last wrote.

The kids are growing up and the family dynamic feels a little different in this letter but hopefully its still worth the read!
    Letter 17

late.jpg
  • Options
    I'm so happy there was another chapter to read today! Yay! And great pics to go along with another a nice letter!
  • Options
    ciane wrote: »
    I'm so happy there was another chapter to read today! Yay! And great pics to go along with another a nice letter!

Glad to have added one more happy to your day @ciane :smiley:
    Thanks! I'm having fun playing around with editing screenshots and trying new things so each letter is a bit different from the one before.
  • Options
    @ADWilson So nice to have another chapter to read! And I liked the way the story went - and the different colour tone for the date pictures too. And it all happened just like that without you managing anything either!
    I've had no sims time recently - 33 more blocks to make for the quilt and then I start sewing it together. And it's getting nearer Christmas, and I've just realised I'll be up my sister's neck of the woods in December anyway. On the 1st and the 2nd. Which means I'd better get more of a move on. Also planted 3 apple trees last week, made chutney (need to make more) and carried on attacking the garden while the weather was nice. This week's supposed to be good too, so I'll make the most of that as well. It's been a lovely autumn.
    Hope you're all well, fit and happy :)
  • Options
    Thank you @SamelaRita :)
    With this many sims in the house, it isn't easy to keep track of everybody so I'm tamping down on my 'control everything they do' tendency and giving them a little leeway here and there.

33 more blocks? Out of curiosity, how large will it be when you finish? Queen? King?
    Planting apple trees (what kind??) and making chutney (have never had!) sound like perfect activities to do during autumn!!

On this end it really doesn't feel like autumn yet.
    Today's forecast: Sunny with some clouds; 10% chance for rain. High: 92F Low: 76F
    So basically, hot and humid again.

I've done something to my left foot so it's tender to walk on for extended lengths of time (or if pressure is added in the wrong way) so no walk this morning. Guess I'll deal with Mt Laundry and try to sim in between. That is if ... our new kitten lets us! Our daughter adopted a 7 month-old from an animal shelter a week ago Sunday (named her Luna) so we're dealing with an active, curious & very sweet kitty. But, she gets into everything so we need to sort out computer cables, etc.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top