Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How are you preparing your game for Get Famous?

Comments

• mikamakimonmikamakimon Posts: 470 Member
    I don't think it will make sense for my current sims to acquire celebrity status. None of them are in the arts or entertainment careers. I do want to try out the new acting career so I may create a few artsy sims to prepare for the pack. I also like the idea of a celebrity chef. I've made use of the dine out pack but haven't actually tried running a restaurant yet. I guess this is a good time to try it out!
  • candy8candy8 Posts: 3,815 Member
    I am not doing a thing this is not an EP that I want if I do decide to buy it, it will be because there is something in the pack that I want and certainly for not celebrities aspect at all. IF the Sims can act on stage physically I might consider it but if it is like Sims 3 no way. I might like decorating the stage up and having a play or two. I hope that the pictures are not just for show I will wait until I see what others say before I waste my money. Made that mistake with Jungle Adventure.
  • floridameerkatfloridameerkat Posts: 1,190 Member
    edited October 2018
    I always make a brand new sim in a new save for each new expansion, so I don't really need to prepare anything ahead of time because I prefer to wait until the pack has been released to begin. Otherwise, I'll need to redo all of the hair and clothes, so it would just be a waste of time for to try and preplan anything. The only difference this time is that I might use a family I have saved to my library instead of just making a brand new sim to speed up the process once the pack releases.
    Gallery ID: floridameerkat
    Family trees:
    Young
    Pearce
    Niner
  • slamondaslamonda Posts: 1,357 Member
    I will make a new sim waiting to see what the aspiration there is
  • Erja888Erja888 Posts: 4,838 Member
    CK213 wrote: »
    Where my sims are in the progression of their lives, this pack is too early.
    [...] My other sims that might find fame are still toddlers and children. They aren't going to become young adults until we get University.
    It's interesting to read that other Simmers are having the same problem I have. Some of my Sims HAVE to attend university before they do anything else.
    - Sofia Bjergsen's eldest daughter (Anna) is supposed to be a star surgeon. She should be at uni before becoming a doctor...
    - I haven't found a match for Cassandra Goth's eldest daughter (Jael Corona). I think university would be a great place for her to meet her better half. She is very beautiful and definitly a potential star actress.
    - There is Candy Lobo's (neé Behr) youngest daughter (Clementine) who could start with "drama" in school and be a famous actress as well when she is grown up and graduated from Sim University with Summa 🐸🐸🐸🐸 Laude in "Fine Arts".

I'd love to see a singing career in game, EA! You can't let the singing skill go to waste! My TS4 EPs: GTW, GT, CL, C&D, S, GF, IL, DU, EL, SE, CoL, HSY, GrT, HR, FR GPs: OR, SD, DO, V, P, JA, SV, RoM, DHD, MWS
  • HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    I have a full celebrity save that I have to weed out. It has legends in it up to today's stars (well maybe more yesterdays since I'm a little behind the times. So think Bette Davis to the Zoolander Cast. I think I'll have to take a hard look at it though as it's already over the population limit I like to play with.
    I also have some story lines I want to work on. I want to make a fashion stylist based on Mr Gallant from American Horror Story the current season. See if I can make him famous through that it can spread out from there with other stars. Basically I'm still mixed up with what I want to do and might change my mind when the pack get here. I've done that many times before.
    I know I want to see how fame and reputation affects more normal jobs and life. I'd like to see how to get famous being a singer.
    egTcBMc.png
  • happyopihappyopi Posts: 1,355 Member
    Since you have to level up your fame rank by doing things, I decided the best course of action would be to do nothing.

I'll start prepping when I have the pack.
  • BlueSeaWavesBlueSeaWaves Posts: 4,422 Member
    I changed my original plan and I’m will prepare a female YA, who’ll become an actress. I’m not sure what skills she’ll need to have to prepare for the career but my best bet is one of them will be charisma, so I’ll level that up and maybe some fitness skill. Is acting going to be a skill?

Honestly this is making me think the next EP might be UNI. They probably did this first so when a sim goes to university they can have more options in the Arts Major if acting turns out to be a skill.
  • honeypooh1267honeypooh1267 Posts: 1,344 Member
    I have a feeling that acting will be a new skill.
  • BlueSeaWavesBlueSeaWaves Posts: 4,422 Member
    edited October 2018
    I had another idea to create a night club owner whose famous but with a bad reputation if we can do that. :D I’ll be able to create Tony Prince from the grand theft auto series.
  • honeypooh1267honeypooh1267 Posts: 1,344 Member
    I love the idea... LOL
  • x4m1r4x4m1r4 Posts: 3,901 Member
    I have a feeling that acting will be a new skill.

Wonder if the kids can learn an acting skill if they are pretending that they are sick so that they can skipped a school? :o
    OID:- x4m1r4
    edited October 2018
    Now that it has been confirmed that sims can become famous for their archaeology skill, I might take the couple from my current rotational save who "live" in Selvadorada and play them in their own save and make them famous archaeologists.
    Post edited by floridameerkat on
    Family trees:
    Young
    Pearce
    Niner
  • x4m1r4x4m1r4 Posts: 3,901 Member
    Erja888 wrote: »
    [...] My other sims that might find fame are still toddlers and children. They aren't going to become young adults until we get University.
    It's interesting to read that other Simmers are having the same problem I have. Some of my Sims HAVE to attend university before they do anything else.
    - Sofia Bjergsen's eldest daughter (Anna) is supposed to be a star surgeon. She should be at uni before becoming a doctor...
    - I haven't found a match for Cassandra Goth's eldest daughter (Jael Corona). I think university would be a great place for her to meet her better half. She is very beautiful and definitly a potential star actress.
    - There is Candy Lobo's (neé Behr) youngest daughter (Clementine) who could start with "drama" in school and be a famous actress as well when she is grown up and graduated from Sim University with Summa plum Laude in "Fine Arts".

I wish that my teen Sims can attend the university before they are becoming the YA..I don't understand why the Education pack is not among the first/2 packs that should be released earlier... :#
    OID:- x4m1r4
  • KoteykaKoteyka Posts: 537 Member
    I'm getting my old-fashioned vampire couple ready. They're going to try and follow their dream of becoming famous actors. Not even death and 300 years of being undead can stop them!
  • CK213CK213 Posts: 20,528 Member
    UPDATE:
    I might have one set of parents become famous, because their daughter will be a superstar and they will be a great influence for her.

My other sims that might find fame are still toddlers and children.
    They aren't going to become young adults until we get University.

New information.

Each Sim who lives in Del Sol Valley has a Public Image, which is a combination of Reputation and Celebrity Level. As their Celebrity Level rises, they’ll earn Fame Points, unlock perks, and gain benefits like slipping past the velvet rope at the hottest spot in town. There are many ways to earn points and get perks. Your Sim can perform music or jokes at open mic night, donate to their favorite charity, get an A-lister to hang out with them (fingers crossed!), or even be the child of famous parents.

Kara, this is definitely your pack!
    11-19-16_12-36-38nbspPM.png

She is currently a toddler and her parents haven't started their careers yet.
    07-03-18_8-27-22nbspPM.png

I will be looking for the best current careers that make sense for famous parents. I didn't know that there was an in-game mechanic for a child with famous parents. I was going to pretend. I am now looking forward to this pack.
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • Jordan061102Jordan061102 Posts: 3,918 Member
    Just nothing lol.
    Lu4ERme.gif
  • thatsnotswegthatsnotsweg Posts: 697 Member
    edited October 2018
    I don't have a lot of plans for it yet, so no I'm not doing anything in my game to set it up for Get Famous. Pretty much the only thing I have planned so far is to make Bella Goth (and a few others) famous in my pre-mades rotational save, but I don't think I need to do anything to set that up.
    gallery ID: thatsnotsweg

vYCrjvm.png
  • chidoriaidachidoriaida Posts: 282 Member
    I think I will make at least one of Don Lothario's grandchildren famous, he has good genes and all his descendants are good looking. Don's eldest grandson will be a young adult soon, so I may turn him into a celebrity. I may also make one of my legacy family members famous.
  • PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member
    Trying to get my ugly family beautiful enough for stardom :D or, if that, fails, they can be ogres or something...

Good luck with that! I love reading your blog about them. :)
  • NikuNiku Posts: 13 New Member
    I already made a sim that I'm gonna move to the new world (I also built the house). All that before I even knew this pack was coming so I'm prepared :) When I made that sim I wanted her to be famous so yeah :D
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,862 Member
    I'll continue playing my current household in Brindleton Bay and age up my teen to start in the actor career. She's currently living with her grandparents so I need to move her back in and get her ready. She'll be moving to a starter home in Mirage Park.

4yQyJ7v.png

• simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,862 Member
    UPDATE:
    I might have one set of parents become famous, because their daughter will be a superstar and they will be a great influence for her.

My other sims that might find fame are still toddlers and children.
    They aren't going to become young adults until we get University.

New information.

Each Sim who lives in Del Sol Valley has a Public Image, which is a combination of Reputation and Celebrity Level. As their Celebrity Level rises, they’ll earn Fame Points, unlock perks, and gain benefits like slipping past the velvet rope at the hottest spot in town. There are many ways to earn points and get perks. Your Sim can perform music or jokes at open mic night, donate to their favorite charity, get an A-lister to hang out with them (fingers crossed!), or even be the child of famous parents.

Kara, this is definitely your pack!
    11-19-16_12-36-38nbspPM.png

She is currently a toddler and her parents haven't started their careers yet.
    07-03-18_8-27-22nbspPM.png

I will be looking for the best current careers that make sense for famous parents. I didn't know that there was an in-game mechanic for a child with famous parents. I was going to pretend. I am now looking forward to this pack.

Kara is adorable as a toddler and gorgeous as a young adult! I wouldn't be able to wait to play her. :)
    edited October 2018
    Aside from my archeologist family, I also had a couple of twins age up that turned out so pretty, so I saved them to my gallery and plan to move them into Del Sol Valley as teenagers so they can start their path to fame. I might even age them back to kids and have them start that way, as I want to explore the different ways sims can become famous in all the age groups.
    Family trees:
    Young
    Pearce
    Niner
  • kalaksedkalaksed Posts: 2,643 Member
    did a quick mental tour of all the kids/teens in my game to decide who would be attending drama club (amazingly, only one of them will have to drop out of the scouts for this)

...and also been binge-watching episodes of 'totally spies' in prep for creating the main trio from that and their beach house (even though i don't expect any beaches in del sol). still not sure if doing the high school or college age versions of them, and seriously hoping for something like a 'fashionista' trait for clover...